Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Advice for an acid warlock build (Read 8792 times)
goldgolem
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Advice for an acid warlock build
Reply #25 - Apr 30th, 2022 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
necro ended up a waste of casting time. You do some much direct damage that it seemed a dps loss to hit the necro spells

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - May 16th, 2022 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Apr 23rd, 2022 at 9:58pm:
Gear Set follows (Do note I've got raid gear where it is most appropriate for the build):

• Goggles: Brightgaze. 14+ cha, Quality potency, +2 quality DCs, and Lantern Proc.(slotted with Insightful Cha and Festive Cha to be my full Cha item suite. Also have my Essence of Dethek Runestone in here for temp HP/SP proc.)
    Armor: Legendary Red Dragon Armor. Proc is still decent on any warlock, even if you don't strip fire immunity. Armor also covers fire SP and crit.
    Helmet: Crown of Snow. Freeze proc and DCs. Winter set.
    Bracers: Legendary Green Dragon Bracers. Decent stats, exists mostly to hit 3pc Autumn.
    Necklace: Celestial Insignia. Temp HP proc and heal amp. Like the bracers mostly for 3pc Autumn.
    Trinket: Legendary Gem of Many Facets Crafted insightful radiance on this and electric absorb so I can be lazy and not hotswap for raids. Does not actually do anything for sets on this build/life. It does however have the Divine Blessing set on it; if I ever wanted to gear swap around my rings. Swap in the matching ring to cover your Radiance SP/Light Crit needs.
    Cloak: Countenance. Radiance lore and spell pen.
    Belt: Direbear Belt. PRR and MRR. Winter set. (Slotted with Saph of Defense)
    Gloves: Gloryborne Gloves Sacred DCs and Positive SP + Light SP.
    Boots: Legendary Deepsnow Boots Con item and Winter Set.
    Ring: Clouded Dreams Exceptional SP and lore. Slotted Pomura's Augment for the 5% insightful crit as well.
    Ring: Bound Elemental Ring of Earth. Acid stats and more importantly the Alchemical Earth Attunement Proc. This is the acid caster's magma.
    Weapon: BLIGHTSTAFF This bad boy has everything this build/playstyle needs. ACID, NEGATIVE, LIGHT/EVIL, and POISON all rolled into one delicious raid statted package. This bad boy gives you 22% lore and +148 spellpower to everything that matters besides Force for Tentacles and Arcane Tempest. It also comes with another acid DOT proc that stacks with the ring.

Also I don't know who explained warlocks to you but they're legit a bit downs.

Your pact damage is going to forever be the type that matches your pact. GoO is always acid, nothing changes that. Blast shape modifies from the enhancement trees affect the BASE BLAST damage type. Thus when you take Utterdark Blast you stop doing force damage and instead do evil damage. This is why most warlocks forgo force entirely and load up on Light SP/crits.

As such; I suggest you take the epic feats for Acid and Light. Your legendary feat take Scion of Celestia; your main damage when it's not being resisted (aka your pact damage) is going to be evil. Few things resist evil/alignment. Celestia boosts the Evil Damage and gives you 150HP on top of it.

Note that I'm wearing medium armor because I invested in Enlightened Spirit. Your mileage will vary trying to adapt a pure blasterlock from my gear set. As I am totally fine with trading off some front loaded damage for the survivability in ES; you know so I'm not a soulstone or liability in quests unlike most blaster warlock players.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Ive been sitting here for the last 1-2 hours playing around with the DDO gear planner and getting increasingly frustrated.

What I have found is that you pretty much want the Legendary Feywild Dreamer from docks because its one of the few places where you can get an artifact bonus acid spellpower and spell crit chance.

3 pc Eminence of Autumn seems pretty much mandatory as well for the artifact bonus to universal spell crit chance.

Another problem i've found is that while you can make your base blast's damage switch to evil with utterdark blast...ruin and greater ruin does force damage, and everyone seems to recommend taking those because draconic t5 buffs them. And it looks like most of your damage is going to come from acid, because that's what your draconic epic strike is going to be.

It sounds like you are skipping ruin and greater ruin to focus on acid and alignment spellpower exclusively. What are you taking at level 27 and 30 if not ruin and greater ruin?

I also noticed that you only have 2 pieces of the Eminence of Autumn set in your list. How are you getting 3pc Autumn?

Your gearset helped me to come up with this :

Weapon: Legendary Fusible Sceptre of Impulse
- Red Augment Slot: Devotion +139 Equipment (ML 28)
Offhand: Legendary Resplendant Fury
- Nearly Finished: Charisma +6 Insight
- Purple Augment Slot:
Armor: Legendary Feyweave Robe (Legendary Feywild Dreamer)
- Green Augment Slot:
Belt: Legendary Direbear Belt (Eminence of Winter)
- Green Augment Slot:
Boots: Legendary Deepsnow Boots (Eminence of Winter)
- Green Augment Slot:
Bracers: Legendary Green Dragonscale Bracers (Eminence of Autumn)
- Green Augment Slot:
Cloak: Legendary Gossamer Weave (Legendary Feywild Dreamer)
- Blue Augment Slot:
Gloves: Legendary Delicate Thimbletips (Legendary Feywild Dreamer)
- Green Augment Slot:
Goggles: Brightgaze (Minor Artifact)
- Yellow Augment Slot:
- Green Augment Slot:
- Blue Augment Slot:
Helm: Legendary Crown of Snow (Eminence of Winter)
- Green Augment Slot:
Necklace: Celestial Insignia (Eminence of Autumn)
- Green Augment Slot:
Ring1: A Memento of Mori (Sacred DC, Acid and Aligment spellpower/crit)
- Green Augment Slot:
- Yellow Augment Slot:
Ring2: Legendary Duskbone Ring (Eminence of Autumn)
- Green Augment Slot:
Trinket: Legendary Gem of Many Facets (Crafted Elec Absorb, Spellcraft and Insightful Acid spellpower)
- Yellow Augment Slot:

Legendary Feywild Dreamer :

Sonic, Force, Light, Acid Spell Power
+30 Artifact
Sonic, Force, Light, Acid Spell Crit Chance
+6 Artifact
Charisma
+3 Artifact
Spell Focus Mastery
+3 Artifact

Eminence of Autumn :

Universal Spell Power
+25 Artifact
Universal Spell Critical Chance
+6 Artifact

Eminence of Winter :

Physical Sheltering
+30 Artifact
Healing Amplification
+30 Artifact

There is no CON so i would have to slot in a ML 28 CON augment and that might be hard to find since it cannot be purchased from NPCs. Unfortunately, i couldn't fit in the acid procs either.

But this does give me 3 set bonuses, force, acid and radiance spellpower. I would be able to use Ruin and Greater Ruin with this setup, T5 Draconic, epic strike and mantle. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: May 16th, 2022 at 1:38pm by ManyCookies »  

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - May 17th, 2022 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Asked around and most people recommended 4pc winter and 2pc elder's knowledge instead of trying to use 3pc autumn...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint