Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Inquisitive EK 12Wiz/6Art/2Rog (Read 6233 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Inquisitive EK 12Wiz/6Art/2Rog
Nov 17th, 2022 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Inquisitive build reaching 30 something imbue dice. 6 arty levels for +1 dice, rune arm for dread set gearing, and 6 ap saved from harper tree.

The dino rune arm is amazing with the skeleton raid optional 3% doubleshot augment. A 2d6 profane sneak dice augment, and it can augment the Fire Attuned proc. Its own rune arm damage proc scales at 200% RP. Just such a sick item.

Feats :

Class AP :

ED AP : You're in Shiradi for this one since hunt's end works for both attack rolls on xbow.
33 shiradi/23 SD/16 Draconic

Gear : same as the repeater gear set. Just swap weapons.

Vinci's gear set :

Googles: Legendary Lenses of the Dark Depths (Ins Dodge, UMD, Blindness Immunity) Profane Experiment 1
Helm: Watcher helm (Ins DS, Accuracy, Q Deadly, Seeker) Perfect Silence 1
Neck: Legendary Pendant of the Sea (Insight Ice/Elec, Deception) Curse 1
Trinket: Legendary Hurricane Insignia (Speed) Temple Tempest 1
Cloak: Cloak of the Hunter (Relentless Fury, Exc Healing Amp, Q Deception, Q Seeker 3)
Belt: Legendary Belt of the Ram (Ram's Might, Con, Speed) Perfect Silence 2
Gloves: Dinosaur Bone Gloves (Int 15, Deadly, Armor Piercing) Curse 2
Boots: Legendary Spectre Boots (Doubleshot, Ghostly) Profane Experiment 2
Bracers: Legendary Sunken Chains (Insight Seeker, Q Int +3) Perfect Silence 3
Ring: Legendary Signet Ring of the Sea (Resonation 149, Magnetism 149) Curse 3
Ring: Legendary The Earth and the Sky (Insight PRR) Temple Tempest 2
Armor: Legendary Researcher's Leathers (Healing Amp, Fort, PRR, False Life) Profane Experiment 3
Weapon: Attuned Bone Heavy Crossbow (Icescale, Meltfang, +2 Exc Int, Ash) Curse 4
Rune Arm: Attuned Rune Arm (Iridescent Scale, 3% DS, Goldfang, Flamefang) Curse 5
Quiver: Epic Quiver of Alacrity (Insight Deception)

filigree

filigree

artifact spines raid 10rp/electrocution 9 electric power/shattered device 5rp/long shadow 5rp

weapon

spines raid 10rp
set : 2 dmg
total : 20 rp/2dmg

long atk/dmg
long 5rp
set : 5rp/2 dice
total : 15rp/1 dmg/2 dice

electrocution 9 electric power
nystul-electrocution 10mrr
set : 50 electric power/2 dice
total : 68 electric/2 dice

reverberation 10 universal sp
reverberation 4 usp
set : 2 dice
total : 14usp/9 sonic power/2 dice

shattered 5rp
shattered atk/dmg
shatter armor piercing
set : 3dmg/3dshot/10 prr-mrr debuff
total : 10rp/4 dmg/ 3 dshot/ -10 prr-mrr proc

Imbue Dice :
4 Wizard levels
3 Assassin ap
4 AA ap
7 Inquisitive ap
3 Draconic ap
1 Hunt augment
1 Offhand feat
1 Imbue feat
3 Scion feat
2 Harbinger feat
3 gear set
6 filigree
1 elemental weapon spell
= total 39 dice
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2022 at 7:56am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Re: Inquisitive EK 12Wiz/6Art/2Rog
Reply #1 - Nov 17th, 2022 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
I haven't been playin' since about a month after Dread dropped. Have you rolled this piggie up for testing? I saw they fucked up global cooldowns so I was gonna wait to reinstall for that to get fixed.

~~
Napkin math (Please add or edit)

35 dice, arcane archer at a 1d8, about 500 spell power at least.

35*4.5*6 = 945 imbue damage per bolt.

Compare that to 200 base damage double damage from your crit profile and 200 melee power or some crap and we're at around 1200 damage per hit on physical damage.

Focusing imbue damage seems at least interesting for sure. If inquisitive is still scaling with 200% ranged power then I could see a breakpoint happening where focusing ranged power is much better than spell power.
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2022 at 11:41pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Nov 18th, 2022 at 12:55am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Nov 17th, 2022 at 11:39pm:
35 dice, arcane archer at a 1d8, about 500 spell power at least.

This and the repeater build both sit at around 900-1k electric power. Both xbow builds can burst up to 450-500~ ranged power. I prefer the spell scaling dice because spell power is just sitting at 900-1k 100% uptime.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Shunned
DQ Assaulter

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #3 - Nov 18th, 2022 at 6:50am
Print Post  
where did you get the graphics icons for the first picture, the one with the feats?  Is that from a builder program?

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #4 - Nov 18th, 2022 at 8:33am
Print Post  
It's nice when the cycle of changes makes an old build relevant again. Cheers, will have some fun tinkering with this.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #5 - Nov 18th, 2022 at 8:33am
Print Post  
Shunned wrote on Nov 18th, 2022 at 6:50am:
where did you get the graphics icons for the first picture, the one with the feats?  Is that from a builder program?

Looks like DDOBuilder to me.

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #6 - Nov 18th, 2022 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Is there any difference in attuned bone weapons other than the W+? I mean, aside from the fully customizable part of the rune arm. There's no rune arm blank for sale from the vendor. That had me confused for a second. What does the dino bone rune arm blank look like? Do you know if a bone arm drops from chests or the mountain chest?

Are you taking ISWF just for the HP?
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2022 at 3:22pm by gibbon »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Nov 18th, 2022 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
gibbon wrote on Nov 18th, 2022 at 3:02pm:
Are you taking ISWF just for the HP?

yes. swf allows access to offhand versatility, and iswf gives a hp boost.

Is there any difference in attuned bone weapons other than the W+?

They are part of the dread curse set.

Do you know if a bone arm drops from chests or the mountain chest?

only ever seen it in raid end chests. though i am not sure if it cannot drop in kopru optional chest

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Nov 20th, 2022 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Do any vendors sell the greater elemental weapons scroll to get an extra imbue die? Wiki says not but it seems odd that alchemists can buy it but arti's can't. especially as we can get the regular elemental weapons to scroll.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Nov 20th, 2022 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
Binkey wrote on Nov 20th, 2022 at 8:30pm:
Do any vendors sell the greater elemental weapons scroll to get an extra imbue die? Wiki says not but it seems odd that alchemists can buy it but arti's can't. especially as we can get the regular elemental weapons to scroll.

House J alchemist scroll vendor but you will not be able to cast it on yourself with bows or xbows.

edit ; nope nvm. alchemist is recipe and not a scroll. so only house c vendor with +1 dice scroll.
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2022 at 11:53pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Shunned
DQ Assaulter

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #10 - Nov 21st, 2022 at 1:23am
Print Post  
move over bard buff bots, we need arti buffers now!

IP Logged

Shunned
DQ Assaulter

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #11 - Nov 21st, 2022 at 1:23am
Print Post  
and if you can really re-enter reaper now, just swap the buffers out

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #12 - Nov 21st, 2022 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
Is there a reason to take Arti to 6 since Elemental Weapons is a level 2 spell? If you drop Arti to 3 you could still have it, bump Wiz to 15 and pick up 1 more imbue from Wiz levels, a metamagic feat, and 2 level 8 spells. Something to do with the rune arm damage?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Nov 21st, 2022 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
gibbon wrote on Nov 21st, 2022 at 8:18pm:
Is there a reason to take Arti to 6 since Elemental Weapons is a level 2 spell? If you drop Arti to 3 you could still have it, bump Wiz to 15 and pick up 1 more imbue from Wiz levels, a metamagic feat, and 2 level 8 spells. Something to do with the rune arm damage?

Insightful strikes spell. It saves 6 ap from needing int to damage through harper for 12 ap. That ap goes into picking up more sneak dice in assassin or spell power from ek core 3. Another meta and 1 imbue die is less return than getting that core and sneak dice
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2022 at 9:01pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #14 - Nov 21st, 2022 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 21st, 2022 at 9:01pm:
Insightful strikes spell. It saves 6 ap from needing int to damage through harper for 12 ap. That ap goes into picking up more sneak dice in assassin or spell power from ek core 3. Another meta and 1 imbue die is less return than getting that core and sneak dice

Got it. I saw you said first off that 6 Arty levels saved ap but I couldn't get there. It's only now dawning on me that you only take the first rank of KTA. Not a lot of fat left on this one.

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Nov 22nd, 2022 at 11:19am
Print Post  
How would this be, 15wiz/3art/2rogue?

Take the 22AP out of AA, put 6 more in harper, another 10 in EK for the 4th core (+1 imbue, deflect arrows) go drow for the +2 imbue.

You get back the same 4 imbue you had in AA and don't have to click KTA every 30 seconds. You have 6AP spare, you can get full BAB from Knight stance or even 6 in PM for undead form healing?
« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2022 at 11:23am by Binkey »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Nov 22nd, 2022 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Binkey wrote on Nov 22nd, 2022 at 11:19am:
How would this be, 15wiz/3art/2rogue?

Take the 22AP out of AA, put 6 more in harper, another 10 in EK for the 4th core (+1 imbue, deflect arrows) go drow for the +2 imbue.

You get back the same 4 imbue you had in AA and don't have to click KTA every 30 seconds. You have 6AP spare, you can get full BAB from Knight stance or even 6 in PM for undead form healing?

22 ap in AA gets 6 dice. Drow is 2, 15th level of wizard is 1, core 4 ek is 1. So it's down 2 imbue, up some spell power and has a longer kta.

All of these versions are fine. They're close in dps because they share the same shell and, like 85% of ap. 30 second kta is annoying to some, me included, so i can see people opting in on that set up.

one thing i dislike about these imbue builds is that they have a hard time picking up extra fuse/NHB charges. Which is still the best thing xbow builds can do.

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Nov 22nd, 2022 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Quote:
22 ap in AA gets 6 dice.

Doh, I thought I must be missing something. No working out builds when sleepy, got it.

IP Logged

TheFifthSock
Dragon Raider

Reply #18 - Feb 2nd, 2023 at 8:54am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 17th, 2022 at 5:14pm:
Imbue Dice :
4 Wizard levels
3 Assassin ap
4 AA ap
7 Inquisitive ap
3 Draconic ap
1 Hunt augment
1 Offhand feat
1 Imbue feat
3 Scion feat
2 Harbinger feat
3 gear set
6 filigree
1 elemental weapon spell
= total 39 dice

I think it's 3 from Wiz levels (lvl 6, 9 and 12)? Still, if going all-in on filis and having a friendly arty around, it's easy to get to 42 dice and another extra d77 proc damage from shiradi. Very enjoyable build! Grin

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Feb 2nd, 2023 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
TheFifthSock wrote on Feb 2nd, 2023 at 8:54am:
I think it's 3 from Wiz levels (lvl 6, 9 and 12)

3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th levels give imbue dice.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint