Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Anyone have some interesting Pseudo-lock builds they want to share? (Read 3856 times)
PaxsMickey
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Anyone have some interesting Pseudo-lock builds they want to share?
Mar 13th, 2023 at 9:33am
Print Post  
With the ability to take the warlock Eldritch blast feats at levels 6, 12, and 18, I was wondering if anyone has come up with some interesting pseudo-lock builds where you take minimal levels in AotS and use those feats to keep the Eldritch blast damage while leveraging something else from other play styles/enhancement trees.

I know you would need 12 warlock to take the epic Eldritch blast feats, but maybe there’s potential in tanking or support?

I had thought about some kind of 14 fighter/4 artificer/2 AotS or 16 fighter/3 AotS/1 Artificer for a fighter tank that would try to leverage the chain shape for AOE threat generation between primal avatar thorn spam, but I doubt it would be good.

Then I thought maybe 16 artificer/2 AotS/2 Fighter using renegade mastermind, shield mastery feats, and trying to use unyielding as the primary destiny with Eldritch chains, but it seems you need to turn off the chain shape to use throw the boom and other shield attacks.

I’ve heard that there’s potential with a support bard using 2 AotS levels, where the focus is hard buffs but it throws the chain shape to have something to do once you’ve buffed the party (other than like at the start).

I wasn’t sure if anyone on the vault has had any luck/ideas for this though. I thought it might be interesting for a derpy hardcore build but that’s kinda a waste too.

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Re: Anyone have some interesting Pseudo-lock builds they want to share?
Reply #1 - Mar 13th, 2023 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Not really. It could have been interesting on an auralock but they cant take the feats. Strimtom tried to make it work for a buff bard but like all his builds isnt really worth considering as an end game build.

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Mar 13th, 2023 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
I'm about to give it a go to get myself a fighter past life. Going to try 8 fighter / 6 AOTS / 6 Favored Soul PDK, going T5 in Soul eater. I don't expect it to be great but should be interesting, plenty enough feats to get all the fighter stuff I want as well as the three feats for full warlock dice. I lose 1 threat range but gain meta'd eldritch wave every 8 seconds and my melee attacks can do all of the soul eater debuffs which may be useful. We'll see.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #3 - Mar 14th, 2023 at 10:34am
Print Post  
With 3 Tiefling racial PLs left I am going to try 3AoTS/17Wiz, Int>Cha based for a 1-20 run (and long enough @ 20 to farm some tokens from Storm the Beaches).  Scorch to strip fire immunity. Tons of Feats.  SE for Cone and debuffs.  FI for GCS.  Some in EK/AoTS and the rest in AM for the crits.  Cleric PL Feat and curative admixture CCW Wink for heals.  Tons of Utility Spells as Wiz and PLs to not worry about lower DCs on pact damage. 

Might try with PM next.  I wouldn't play it in an endgame capacity but shouldn't be a slog through low R heroics.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Mar 16th, 2023 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm about to give it a go to get myself a fighter past life. Going to try 8 fighter / 6 AOTS / 6 Favored Soul PDK, going T5 in Soul eater. I don't expect it to be great but should be interesting, plenty enough feats to get all the fighter stuff I want as well as the three feats for full warlock dice. I lose 1 threat range but gain meta'd eldritch wave every 8 seconds and my melee attacks can do all of the soul eater debuffs which may be useful. We'll see.

So far this is absolute shite. My worst build idea in ages. Do not do what I did.

IP Logged

Everling
Waterworks Kobold

Living but dead.

Reply #5 - Mar 22nd, 2023 at 11:57am
Print Post  
Binkey wrote on Mar 16th, 2023 at 5:33pm:
So far this is absolute shite. My worst build idea in ages. Do not do what I did.

Fair enough lol.

Out of interest where does it suck? Tanking ability, weapon damage, eldritch wave damage? I am guessing you are going to say "all of the above"?

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Mar 23rd, 2023 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
For heroic levels just running it as a cone blaster warlock was the least painful, it felt pretty similar to a standard warlock pre-update, except that doing fire damage with no immunity stripper just sucks.

Eldritch cone just doesn't seem to hit very reliably, damage feels slightly higher than the standard cone, but not as it should do with max/emp/quicken on it and it seems to stutter and only hit twice a fair bit - I know from the forums that this has always been an issue. So this backed up by sub-par melee was shit.

Avatar of the skin tree just doesn't have anything going for it. beam form is horrible to target, the cone cleaves are weak and the fear effect annoying. I was hoping that the demon form T5 ability would be good but it seems to be single target unarmed (not monk style) punching which is a big drop in dps unless I was doing it wrong.

Now I'm in epic levels I've gone T5 in feydark illusionist and this seems to play about the best - which says a lot.

So yeah, "all of the above."

IP Logged

Everling
Waterworks Kobold

Living but dead.

Reply #7 - Mar 23rd, 2023 at 2:25pm
Print Post  

Cheers for the info, sounds damn painful.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #8 - Mar 23rd, 2023 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Mar 14th, 2023 at 10:34am:
With 3 Tiefling racial PLs left I am going to try 3AoTS/17Wiz, Int>Cha based for a 1-20 run (and long enough @ 20 to farm some tokens from Storm the Beaches).  Scorch to strip fire immunity. Tons of Feats.  SE for Cone and debuffs.  FI for GCS.  Some in EK/AoTS and the rest in AM for the crits.  Cleric PL Feat and curative admixture CCW Wink for heals.  Tons of Utility Spells as Wiz and PLs to not worry about lower DCs on pact damage. 

Might try with PM next.  I wouldn't play it in an endgame capacity but shouldn't be a slog through low R heroics.

This is a beast so far @ 3AotS/12Wiz.  Nothing in EK or AotS trees.  2 SE, 12 TS, 11 FI, 16Tief, 30AM.  Taking T5 Arcane Supremacy when I get one more AP.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Mar 23rd, 2023 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
Quote:
This is a beast so far @ 3AotS/12Wiz.  Nothing in EK or AotS trees.  2 SE, 12 TS, 11 FI, 16Tief, 30AM.  Taking T5 Arcane Supremacy when I get one more AP.

What makes it so good? Looks like minus three caster levels to get decent temp hp's and you can leave meta's on because you can use chain blast between spells? I feel I'm missing something.
« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2023 at 3:30pm by Binkey »  

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #10 - Mar 24th, 2023 at 6:28am
Print Post  
I am not using any temp hp stuff.  What makes it good is the versatility which is completely subjective considering the PLs I have. (For perspective I have 77 RAP, 2.25 Tief lives left for Racial Comp, 3xHeroic Comp, 3x Epic Comp, 3 Deep Gnome (and others which are not relevant to this build) and +8 SuperTome)

Chain blast is fun as hell (just saying) butI do not miss a single other thing from the Warlock class levels LOL

11 Feats Insightful Reflex, 2xAttune, Max, Emp, Quicken, Enlarge, PL Cleric, PL Wizard.  Will take 3rd Attune and SF Evo @18.
13 Racial APs makes it easy to get Tiefling Improved Scorch.
2 points in SE to debuff Fort.
12 TS for chain, 3 pact dice and 2nd core
11 FI for GCS it's just so good.
36 in AM
and the rest where-ever, probably fire crit damage and force crit in FI tree, maybe get faltering blast.

AM seems to be the least favorite of all the caster trees and all the Enh are just stupidly expensive but the 4 crit Enhs give +3, +3, +4 & +4% Total +14% to Force Crit Chance, +1 USP/ point spent. I went Evocation. 

All my DCs are solid.  Wiz spells, GCS & Pact damage land nearly 100% of the time.

Tiefling Scorch + Wiz Scorch to Debuff fire.
All the great arcane spells you could want and can change them out situationally.  Even if your DCs arn't that great you can still DoT the shit out of stuff, use solid fog and ice storm to slow mobs down and blast the bejeezus out of them.
Chain Blast with the attunements feels like pre-nerf warlock damage and synergizes well with Tiefling Fire stuff and AM force stuff. 

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #11 - Apr 3rd, 2023 at 6:21am
Print Post  
3AoTS/17Wiz was fun as hell to level and solid to solo R1 Epics for Tokens in ml15 Sharn gear.  Pure Wizard is better but *just* for the purposes of trying the Attunement Feats, this works.

Pissed that Sacred Fist can mix with Monk and get the monk stances but AoTS cannot mix with Warlock and get the attunements FFS just so stupid but wtf do I know.

Doing 3AoTS, 17FVS now...
« Last Edit: Apr 3rd, 2023 at 6:22am by Mokune »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint