Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Alchemist Inquisitive Imbue U57 (Read 11381 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Alchemist Inquisitive Imbue U57
Nov 25th, 2022 at 11:37am
Print Post  
The alch version gets to play with different class levels and ap that the EK version does not due to having a feat for int to damage on simple weapons. That means moar dice and dps. Against neutral targets ( targets that are not vulnerable or immune to your specific element ), the alch version puts out more damage. EK has the advantage in quests where changing targets doesn't require stripping immunity on a cooldown.

Class ap :

Feats :

ED: Shiradi 33/SD23/Draconic ~14. If you have a raid party where others cover SD debuff then put 20+ into draconic instead for the one minute wellspring.

Gear is pretty much the same as EK build except it swaps in dread Sky necklace and ring and swaps out Sea versions. Trinket and Ring from Legendary Silver Concord set.

Googles: Legendary Lenses of the Dark Depths (Ins Dodge, UMD, Blindness Immunity) Profane Experiment 1
Helm: Watcher helm (Ins DS, Accuracy, Q Deadly, Seeker) Perfect Silence 1
Neck: Legendary Pendant of the Sky (Insight Negative/Devotion, Deception) Curse 1
Trinket: Legendary Gem of Many Facets (Insightful PRR ) Silver Concord set Concord 1
Cloak: Cloak of the Hunter (Relentless Fury, Exc Healing Amp, Q Deception, Q Seeker 3) Perfect Silence 2
Belt: Dinosaur Bone Belt (Int 15, Deadly, Armor Piercing) Curse 2
Gloves: Legendary Birchlore Curse 3
Boots: Legendary Spectre Boots (Doubleshot, Ghostly) Profane Experiment 2
Bracers: Legendary Sunken Chains (Insight Seeker, Q Int +3) Perfect Silence 3
Ring: Legendary Signet Ring of the Sky (Negative 149, Positive 149) Curse 4
Ring: Legendary Ring of the Silver Concord Concord 2
Armor: Legendary Researcher's Leathers (Healing Amp, Fort, PRR, False Life) Profane Experiment 3
Weapon: Attuned Bone Heavy Crossbow (Icescale, Meltfang, +2 Exc Int, Ash) Curse 5

Quiver: Epic Quiver of Alacrity (Insight Deception)

Filigree :

artifact spines raid 10rp/beast mantle 5 rp/snake bite attack-damage/long shadow 5rp

weapon

spines raid 10rp
set : 2 dmg
total : 20 rp/2dmg

long atk/dmg
long 5rp
set : 5rp/2 dice
total : 15rp/1 dmg/2 dice

beast mantle 5rp
beast mantle +1 con
beast mantle +1 str
set : 10 natural armor/10 fort bypass/2 imbue dice
total : 2 imbue dice/10rp

reverberation 10 universal sp
reverberation 4 usp
set : 2 dice
total : 14usp/9 sonic power/2 dice

snake bite attack and damage
snake bite/grandfather +2con
set : 2 dice
total : 2 dice

total dice :
5 alch 15 levels
4 aa ap
2 drow ap
3 assassin ap
7 inquisitive ap
2 chaos feat
3 scion feat
1 elemental dice feat
6 filigree
1 augment
3 gear set bonus
2 greater elemental weapons
3 draconic

42 dice
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2022 at 7:18pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Alchemist Inquisitive Imbue U57
Reply #1 - Nov 25th, 2022 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
Why Nimble Fingers feat? I saw this on your other build - what am I missing?

Also for the immunity stripping "poisoned shot" the wiki has this to say;
Quote:
Bug: This ability will only fire one bolt from a crossbow that should fire multiple projectiles; if used with an Inquisitive's dual-wielded crossbow style while moving, it will do nothing whatsoever.

This was my experience when I tried an alchy inquisitive, has this now been fixed?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Nov 25th, 2022 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Binkey wrote on Nov 25th, 2022 at 2:27pm:
Why Nimble Fingers feat?

1 sneak dice in sd tier 1.

Binkey wrote on Nov 25th, 2022 at 2:27pm:
This was my experience when I tried an alchy inquisitive, has this now been fixed?

still happening, but at least it strips immunity now. when i was on an alch thrower for alchemist release, the ability wouldnt even function

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Maxxcore
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jan 17th, 2023 at 11:52am
Print Post  
Hello,

I do not play ranged much, so this is a very newbie question, but what bolts are you using in this build? I noticed you did not take a point in conjure bolts. I have been asking everyone in game what this could mean, but they all said to use conjure bolts.

Thanks Smiley

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #4 - Jan 17th, 2023 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
Use Flame Arrow.  Summons +1d6 fire damage bolts.  Your conjured bolt will likely have the same bonus as your XBow, so doesn't get any benefit as you use the higher of the xbow or bolts + to hit/damage.

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jan 17th, 2023 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Maxxcore wrote on Jan 17th, 2023 at 11:52am:
conjure bolts

https://ddocompendium.com/w/The_Hallowed_Splinters_(Almost_There_Upgraded)

The xbow from project nemesis has an upgrade to conjure a bolt. otherwise as poster above said flame arrow wand/scroll

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jan 17th, 2023 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Why take the Law toggle.. you cant use it with poison and then you took Harbinger of Chaos? SO you plan on taking a chaotic Alignment instead of Neutral?
« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2023 at 3:46pm by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jan 17th, 2023 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Jan 17th, 2023 at 3:37pm:
Why take the Law toggle.. you cant use it with poison

Need to take that to get +1 imbue.

ZooperDooper wrote on Jan 17th, 2023 at 3:37pm:
and then you took Harbinger of Chaos? SO you plan on taking a chaotic Alignment instead of Neutral?

2 imbue dice + 2% doubleshot

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #8 - Jan 17th, 2023 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 17th, 2023 at 4:51pm:

You're patient and kind.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jan 17th, 2023 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Jan 17th, 2023 at 5:26pm:
You're patient and kind.

no, you

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jan 18th, 2023 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 17th, 2023 at 4:51pm:

Ok.. I thought you could only get the imbue if you toggle, and if you toggle THAT one then the other turns off, thus losing any of the imbues you were getting for THAT toggle.. Staff made it sound like you can only get the benefits related to specific toggles WHEN those toggles were active?

Likewise, you only get the benefits from harbinger if you're chaotic... otherwise its a wasted feat
« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2023 at 5:19pm by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jan 19th, 2023 at 8:12am
Print Post  
Yes, be chaotic.

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jan 21st, 2023 at 6:41am
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Jan 18th, 2023 at 5:16pm:
Ok.. I thought you could only get the imbue if you toggle, and if you toggle THAT one then the other turns off, thus losing any of the imbues you were getting for THAT toggle.. Staff made it sound like you can only get the benefits related to specific toggles WHEN those toggles were active?

Toggles are mutually exclusive. Dice are universal. Toggle is pre-requisite for imbue dice.
« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2023 at 7:00am by Justanotherlurker »  

IP Logged

Smeegle
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Mar 12th, 2023 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
What about class enhancements, destiny points and reaper points? I'm looking g to try this build  but unsure of those and also is this meant to be chaotic neutral? No alignment  posted in the initial post ?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Mar 12th, 2023 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
Smeegle wrote on Mar 12th, 2023 at 1:40pm:
What about class enhancements, destiny points and reaper points?

AP is in the OP screenshot, along with feats. ED points are listed below that but not pictured.

The alignment is chaotic neutral for harbinger of chaos feat.

IP Logged

Smeegle
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Mar 12th, 2023 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Tytyty

IP Logged

Smeegle
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Mar 17th, 2023 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
Which toggle are you using for imbue damage?  Vilechemist has poison coating. Not sure if there is another?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Mar 18th, 2023 at 12:09am
Print Post  
Smeegle wrote on Mar 17th, 2023 at 8:53pm:
Which toggle are you using for imbue damage?  Vilechemist has poison coating. Not sure if there is another?

Alchemist Poison. Spellpower is consistently higher than rp, which relies on bursts to increase, and alchemist can strip any target in the game.

IP Logged

Smeegle
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Mar 20th, 2023 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
So I'm looking at your rogue enhancement tree is off a bit, toxin affinity has a pre req now being venomed blades. So I adjusted to still nab those 3 imbue dice  from toxin affinity
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2023 at 9:06pm by Smeegle »  

IP Logged

Smeegle
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Mar 20th, 2023 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Would you be able to take a screen shot of your epic destinies?  Still nee to the build and don't want to screw it up. Also what were your starting stats? Thinking I may have e screwed mine up by going all into and con and remainder into wisdom. Feel like I should have hit some sort of minimum  for base dex?
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2023 at 7:46am by Smeegle »  

IP Logged

Everling
Waterworks Kobold

Living but dead.

Reply #20 - Mar 22nd, 2023 at 11:41am
Print Post  

Thanks a lot for posting this Rubbinns. I used this build a lot gaining ETR's+Reaper XP.

Even in the low 20's when hanging with three or four guildies around cap, this felt like I was still contributing rather than just being a soul stone in someone's pack.

Ranged obviously helped keep me alive, plus I could heal and backup heal if the healer died, and even trap in Sharn etc.

IP Logged

Everling
Waterworks Kobold

Living but dead.

Reply #21 - Mar 22nd, 2023 at 11:48am
Print Post  
Smeegle wrote on Mar 20th, 2023 at 9:30pm:
Would you be able to take a screen shot of your epic destinies?  Still nee to the build and don't want to screw it up. Also what were your starting stats? Thinking I may have e screwed mine up by going all into and con and remainder into wisdom. Feel like I should have hit some sort of minimum  for base dex?

Well for Precision you will need 13 Dex by level 6. I didn't bother with Wisdom and put 10 in Dex at creation. As long as you have a +3 tome or higher (should kick in at level 3) you should be fine.

I don't think any other feat in the list has a Dex requirement, but you can always check by looking them up on the Wiki.

IP Logged

Smeegle
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Mar 25th, 2023 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
Yeah thats where I screwed up

IP Logged

Smeegle
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Apr 2nd, 2023 at 12:45am
Print Post  
Some of your gear states curse 1 2 or 3 is that the curse set augment from the isle of dread or something  else. Update so far got a lot fo the gear for the build and its working well even eith me messing up the initial dex

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Apr 2nd, 2023 at 7:15am
Print Post  
Smeegle wrote on Apr 2nd, 2023 at 12:45am:
Some of your gear states curse 1 2 or 3 is that the curse set augment from the isle of dread or something  else.

It is part of the Curse of the Isle of Dread set using 5 pieces.

updated the gear in link : http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1680110741/3#3

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint