Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Blightcaster First Impressions (Read 7188 times)
WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Blightcaster First Impressions
Feb 23rd, 2023 at 3:26am
Print Post  
I am just getting to 20.

The force-based polar ray was given the animation for cyclonic blast which means you have to jump cast to not lose it half the time. Big disappointment there.

2 evards (between SLA and spellbook) is quite nice but like druid they have a hard time getting easy helpless damage. I'm pretty sure glue bomb is about as good as having 2 of this green evards since their cooldowns are so long. Sorc 3s Mass Hold is so good, it makes me cringe to play a dps caster without it.

They put poison stripper on the poison spell. Poison has to make a spell pen to strip immunity which means no poison damage on golems. Makes thorn caster a bit worse but maybe bee-boy will have a better time of it.

Their AOE while leveling is behind Bard/Sorc for sure. I definitely wouldn't recommend them going from level 1. Maybe the wolf form feels better but I'm too lazy to mess with that.

At endgame they should be servicable just because their kit leans into force crit for ruin/gruin and they have a stripper. I'm beginning to think going acid based (bee-boy) rather than force based is the call. Thorn lance is just not doing what I wanted it to do as part of the rotation. Of course you use both it and acid well, but you're gonna want acid well to do good aoe so acid spec seems to be a bit stronger. Will have to do more playing around with the spec.

Gearing 4 spellpowers is gonna suck (acid, positive, negative, and force). Am curious what people are thinking of. I usually try to fit devotion lore in because it is so strong but this time around I will probably drop it. Maybe between force acid and poison you cut the poison and still run in beeboy form to juice acid well and black dragon bolt.

Forcing the poison spell into the dps spell rotation just seems like a big loss, even if poison should scale a bit better in general.
« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2023 at 3:30am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Re: Blightcaster First Impressions
Reply #1 - Feb 23rd, 2023 at 9:59am
Print Post  
Thorn bloom has old meld problem: you have to stand in place or it doesn't go off.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2023 at 10:17am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Feb 23rd, 2023 at 9:59am:
Thorn bloom has old meld problem: you have to stand in place or it doesn't go off.

Turning quicken off seemed to fix it. There's some problem with the animation being canceled.

The spell doesn't get concentration checks BTW.

Maybe it is based on Eburst or something.

Quicken also not needed on thorn wave it seems. (Fan of knives base it seems.)
« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2023 at 10:41am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Feb 23rd, 2023 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
Contagion: Cackle Fever is a ranged, AoE (after you take the enhancement for it) stun that works on reapers and has a 4 second cool down.  Druid's problems with getting helpless damage is a thing of the past.

For me if Sorc/Bard are A levelers this so far is an A-.  Once you take the enhancements to triple Spike Growths damage I never really stopped running.  AoE stun/spike growth, next room.  Blasting through leveling on R4 and having a blast.

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Feb 24th, 2023 at 2:37am
Print Post  
In terms of DPS, how does it compare to a standard druid?

Theres definately a shortage of acid gear at endgame...i can only think of the sharn docks set for warlocks off the top of my head, but i'm not sure if druids can wear that.

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Abbot Raider

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #5 - Feb 24th, 2023 at 11:58am
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Feb 24th, 2023 at 2:37am:
Theres definately a shortage of acid gear at endgame...i can only think of the sharn docks set for warlocks off the top of my head, but i'm not sure if druids can wear that.

They can. Your choices of armor for that set are a docent, cloth, or light armor. The light armor is made of leather.

The main problem with that set is it only gives a +3 Artifact bonus to Charisma. If it also gave a +3 to Wisdom, then I'd think it would become VERY popular for Blightcasters.

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #6 - Feb 24th, 2023 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Feb 24th, 2023 at 2:37am:
In terms of DPS, how does it compare to a standard druid?

My plan was esoteric + winter. Then work in a gem of many facets set.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #7 - Feb 24th, 2023 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Feb 23rd, 2023 at 11:04pm:
Contagion: Cackle Fever is a ranged, AoE (after you take the enhancement for it) stun that works on reapers and has a 4 second cool down.  Druid's problems with getting helpless damage is a thing of the past.

For me if Sorc/Bard are A levelers this so far is an A-.  Once you take the enhancements to triple Spike Growths damage I never really stopped running.  AoE stun/spike growth, next room.  Blasting through leveling on R4 and having a blast.

I didn't see that on contagion lol. Only saw the blind one that spell is pretty good. Will check it out when I get home from work thanks dude.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #8 - Feb 26th, 2023 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Take T5 at lvl 8+ not 12

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #9 - Feb 27th, 2023 at 8:37am
Print Post  
Got to endgame and did a few rounds of r10s.

Impressions:

1) A low life toon could dump the DCs and just go damage based with all the dots and ruin/gruin. Scale Acid, Force, Negative/Poison, and Cold in that order. For CC sleet storm and keep FOM on the party.
~~
Contagion: Cackle Fever, Finger, and Wail seem to be the best spells. This means Necro DC gets the most attention IMO.

2) About 16k dps (non-helpless) over 2 minutes on a scarrow beatdown. Sorc was 18k dps with a similar set-up. This was without some crit damage on the blightcaster though and without an optimized spell rotation. I need to go through the spells and prioritize casts with a macro for bossing to really get it tweaked correctly. Sorc is so simple with Iceberg, Polar ray, Otitluke's, and Cone being on such a short timer that you can just basically cycle them when Ruin, Gruin, and Eburst are on cooldown.

3) Tentative Gear-layout:
Esoteric Set (with Attunements)
Five piece Dread Set (Helmet crafted, the crappy insightful spell damage necklace, raid gloves, mainhand weapon, and dino artifact)
Two piece Winter. (Boots and Cloak)
Decay Ring (autumn set) out of Feywild.
Quality DCs and Stat, Black Satin Waist from Sharn.
Offhand LGS swaps---vacuum, ice (for dino raid), affirmation, etc. (I have a hard time giving up this golfbag of clubs.)
Trinket is a swap item to preserve sets.
~~
I spent my 75 shards on a craftable Dino helm. I won't be going Elder's Focus set but I can see arguments for it. I would just prefer more flexibility by having a craftable helm with my reaper helm. I'll probably stick with a dino artifact for the same reason and +1 DC the ring. On the other hand, I could see going chained elementals set on rings, dropping the off-hand LGS for another dino-stick, and then moving artifact to necklace. I'd be losing the insightful 70 spellpower then though and I think that's kinda a wash with picking up chained set. I like winter + dread Isle's curse for how much PRR it gives. (60 PRR is a big deal). My current set-up lacks insightful PRR though, so there's that. I'm only 13 PRR ahead until I figure that out. St. Marie's shield is just too crappy to use IMO. I'm kinda locked into the quality DCs belt since it also has Quality 3 Wisdom. 

4) Tentative Filigree-layout:
Celerity/Vigilance, x2
Beholder: Wisdom, x2
Beholder/Inevitable Grave x2
Inevitable Grave PRR
Inevitable grave Negative HAMP (Rare PRR)
Lunar Magic, Wisdom x2
Lunar Magic MRR Rare
Lunar Magic Universal Spell power Rare (eh)
Lunar Magic Force spell power Rare (eh)
Any wisdom
~~
Total wisdom: 7
Total DC bonuses: 4, with 2 more for Necromancy

5) Damage focused filigree layout
Dragonsoul Wisdom x2
Dragonsoul Universal Spellpower (rare) x2
Elemental Avatar Wisdom x2
Elemental Avatar Con (rare) x2
Dragonsoul Fire Absorption
Elemental Avatar Acid spellpower (rare)
Elemental Avatar Cold spellpower (rare)
Lunar Magic USP (rare)
Lunar Magic Wisdom
Lunar Magic Force Spellpower
~~
Total wisdom from filigrees: 5
Total DC bonuses: 1

6) Augment List:
Dodge
Sheltering
+2 Gianthold Spell DCs on Necromancy
Pomura's
Globe (for +1 Con)
Festive Wis
Insightful Wis
Devotion / Meridian Fragment (weapon)
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2023 at 8:51am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #10 - Feb 27th, 2023 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Some spell testing:

Carrion Spores (primal epic strike) tooltip is 100% wrong and stupid. (If someone else could figure out the real calculation that would be great.) The actual scaling is something like 3 damage (of acid, and 3 damage of poison) per character level. However you want to smoke it, it's about 96 base damage of acid. So how does this compare to Eburst? Well that's interesting you might ask. It does acid and poison so that's an x2 multiplier (ignoring differences in crit). It ticks 3 times before refresh is needed. It can get up to 3 stacks.

96*2*3*3=1728 base damage

Eburst has a x2 modifer (from draconic) so has 27 base damage per CL, which will be 41.
41*27=1107 base damage

Wow! You might say. Carrion spores, this dogshit ass spell, is better than eburst. Well unfortunately you have to cast the fucker 3 times along with a poison spell (in all likelihood to strip immunity) to get it up to that level. I'm not sure about the opportunity costs yet. I'll try to push out some spell rotations. Just be aware Carrion spores is AOE, works on bosses, and is not dogshit---even though if it did what the tooltip says it would be half as much damage. Once you get the stacks rolling though it has a much lower cooldown than eburst which probably makes your rotation straight up more efficient. Additionally, it has the advantage of you not needing to be in melee range to do damage so that's big. That said, burst damage is generally better than dot damage. If a dev reads this please realize that changing how it is now will just make you look more retarded since this is interesting and eburst has been too dominant since ED changes. Even as things stand, it only pulls ahead after 3 stacks. At 2 it breaks even and could maybe be efficient.

~~
~~
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2023 at 11:44am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #11 - Feb 27th, 2023 at 11:53am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Feb 27th, 2023 at 11:14am:
100% Wrong and Stupid.

The name of SSG's development team.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Feb 28th, 2023 at 12:52am
Print Post  
Not capped yet but having a hard time deciding what spell schools to focus on, even with the "spell specialty" destiny feat at level 31 giving 3 dc to a different school I'm having a hard time deciding which 2 schools to specialize in.

Evocation- Earthquake, Tsunami, Burst of Glacial Wrath

Necromancy- Cackle Fever, FoD, Wail

Transmutation- Grasping thorns, Entangle, Spike Growth, Mass Frog (i'm going primal avatar 100%)

Which one to leave out is hard for me.  I want to go necro/evocation but if I went Necro/Transmutation could skip Burst of Glacial Wrath all together and use that feat for something else. Idk.

Edit- Looks like I'll be going Scion of the Plane of Earth which boosts Conjuration and Transmutation by 4 each so leaning into that would make me want to focus on Transmutation and hit all my frogs all the time, plus grab everything no fail in the thorns.
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2023 at 12:59am by Ulysses »  

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Feb 28th, 2023 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Feb 27th, 2023 at 8:37am:
Got to endgame and did a few rounds of r10s.

Impressions:

1) A low life toon could dump the DCs and just go damage based with all the dots and ruin/gruin. Scale Acid, Force, Negative/Poison, and Cold in that order. For CC sleet storm and keep FOM on the party.
~~
Contagion: Cackle Fever, Finger, and Wail seem to be the best spells. This means Necro DC gets the most attention IMO.

2) About 16k dps (non-helpless) over 2 minutes on a scarrow beatdown. Sorc was 18k dps with a similar set-up. This was without some crit damage on the blightcaster though and without an optimized spell rotation. I need to go through the spells and prioritize casts with a macro for bossing to really get it tweaked correctly. Sorc is so simple with Iceberg, Polar ray, Otitluke's, and Cone being on such a short timer that you can just basically cycle them when Ruin, Gruin, and Eburst are on cooldown.

3) Tentative Gear-layout:
Esoteric Set (with Attunements)
Five piece Dread Set (Helmet crafted, the crappy insightful spell damage necklace, raid gloves, mainhand weapon, and dino artifact)
Two piece Winter. (Boots and Cloak)
Decay Ring (autumn set) out of Feywild.
Quality DCs and Stat, Black Satin Waist from Sharn.
Offhand LGS swaps---vacuum, ice (for dino raid), affirmation, etc. (I have a hard time giving up this golfbag of clubs.)
Trinket is a swap item to preserve sets.
~~
I spent my 75 shards on a craftable Dino helm. I won't be going Elder's Focus set but I can see arguments for it. I would just prefer more flexibility by having a craftable helm with my reaper helm. I'll probably stick with a dino artifact for the same reason and +1 DC the ring. On the other hand, I could see going chained elementals set on rings, dropping the off-hand LGS for another dino-stick, and then moving artifact to necklace. I'd be losing the insightful 70 spellpower then though and I think that's kinda a wash with picking up chained set. I like winter + dread Isle's curse for how much PRR it gives. (60 PRR is a big deal). My current set-up lacks insightful PRR though, so there's that. I'm only 13 PRR ahead until I figure that out. St. Marie's shield is just too crappy to use IMO. I'm kinda locked into the quality DCs belt since it also has Quality 3 Wisdom. 

4) Tentative Filigree-layout:
Celerity/Vigilance, x2
Beholder: Wisdom, x2
Beholder/Inevitable Grave x2
Inevitable Grave PRR
Inevitable grave Negative HAMP (Rare PRR)
Lunar Magic, Wisdom x2
Lunar Magic MRR Rare
Lunar Magic Universal Spell power Rare (eh)
Lunar Magic Force spell power Rare (eh)
Any wisdom
~~
Total wisdom: 7
Total DC bonuses: 4, with 2 more for Necromancy

5) Damage focused filigree layout
Dragonsoul Wisdom x2
Dragonsoul Universal Spellpower (rare) x2
Elemental Avatar Wisdom x2
Elemental Avatar Con (rare) x2
Dragonsoul Fire Absorption
Elemental Avatar Acid spellpower (rare)
Elemental Avatar Cold spellpower (rare)
Lunar Magic USP (rare)
Lunar Magic Wisdom
Lunar Magic Force Spellpower
~~
Total wisdom from filigrees: 5
Total DC bonuses: 1

6) Augment List:
Dodge
Sheltering
+2 Gianthold Spell DCs on Necromancy
Pomura's
Globe (for +1 Con)
Festive Wis
Insightful Wis
Devotion / Meridian Fragment (weapon)

Im not loving Esoteric here

I think I would try to build around Dreadkeeper and visions augment set it frees your eye slot for the U57 goggles and has insightful, quality and artifact PRR.

You could also go starless night replacing your raid gloves with bramblecasters

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #14 - Feb 28th, 2023 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
Justanotherlurker wrote on Feb 28th, 2023 at 12:09pm:
Im not loving Esoteric here

I think I would try to build around Dreadkeeper and visions augment set it frees your eye slot for the U57 goggles and has insightful, quality and artifact PRR.

You could also go starless night replacing your raid gloves with bramblecasters

I see you are a clouded dreams enjoyer. Let's say we go this route and try to keep the defensive sets.*

Weapon: Dinosaur Bone Battle Axe -> dread
Offhand: Legendary Green Steel Bastard Sword
Armor: The Legendary Grey Leathers -> Dreadkeeper
Belt: Legendary Belt of the Black Sands -> dread
Boots: Legendary Deepsnow Boots -> winter
Bracers: Legendary Necromancer's Bracers -> Dreadkeeper
Cloak: Legendary Cloak of Winter -> winter
Gloves: Legendary Skin-tight Gloves -> Dreadkeeper
Goggles: Legendary Goggles of Dusk
Helm: Dinosaur Bone Helmet  -> dread
Necklace: Legendary Pendant of the Earth -> dread
Ring1: Clouded Dreams
Ring2: Dinosaur Bone Ring -> dread
Trinket:

There's only 2 slots here for the 3 piece wisdom set without locking in trinket, which means no spellabsorb without losing something important. I don't think dreadkeeper is worth it. Maybe you are seeing something different though let me know.

*(I won't do it just because fuck that many THTH for the stupid set. I wasn't playing when Sharn dropped.)

~~
~~

Bramble casters would be good with a dual trinket set of starless knights and elder's focus. You're going to get a bit more dps out of that than my set-up for sure. You're going to lose either winter set though or 5 piece dread. If you have a loadout for that you like post it up.*

*(Similar to the problem with THTH I do not want to get into the scam of a 2 piece Gem of many facets. I've seen people blow 10,000 threads and not get what they want lol.)

~~
~~
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2023 at 12:55pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #15 - Feb 28th, 2023 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Other options include exceptional crit chance on dino shield or dino armour. IMO 2 LGS effects is best in your hands though. This means exceptional crit goes on clouded dreams or esoteric armour. Dreadkeeper robes have it which certainly is nice. I think the autumn armour does too but Autumn is a big trap IMO.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #16 - Feb 28th, 2023 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
If I was gonna do a DPS setup:

Weapon: Dinosaur Bone
Offhand: Legendary Green Steel
Armor: Legendary Order's Garb
Belt: Dinosaur Bone Belt
- Scale (Accessory): Wisdom +14 Enhancement
- Fang (Accessory): Force crit damage 10%
- Claw (Accessory): Force crit damage 5%
- Horn (Accessory): Sacred +2 DCs
Boots: Legendary Deepsnow Boots
Bracers: Legendary Aetherband
Cloak: Legendary Green Steel Weave Cloak: Acid crit damage
Gloves: Legendary Bramble-Casters
Goggles: Attunement's Gaze
Helm: Legendary Elder's Cap
Necklace: Legendary Chains
- Legendary Slaver's Prefix Slot: Constitution +13 Enhancement
- Legendary Slaver's Suffix Slot: Kinetic Lore +21 Equipment
- Legendary Slaver's Bonus Slot: Wisdom +3 Quality
Ring1: Bound Elemental Ring of Acid
Ring2: Bound Elemental Ring of Frost
Trinket: Legendary Gem of Many Facets

~~
~~

Granted you are down 4 DCs here because we are lacking profane and quality spell focus. I guess you could get back 2 DCs if you put on satin and move dino artifact to necky but then you lose kinetic lore so we are fucked unless there's a way out of that.

Anyway, something to play around with...

I wouldn't actually run this because I don't want to get 1 tapped by a doom reaper.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #17 - Feb 28th, 2023 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Feb 28th, 2023 at 1:23pm:
you lose kinetic lore so we are fucked unless there's a way out of that.

I wouldn't actually run this because I don't want to get 1 tapped by a doom reaper.

You can craft kinetic lore on GoMF I'm pretty sure. I think my druid has it. Along with insightful spell power.

CONFIRMED. You could do Kinetic Lore 21%, Impulse 146, Insightful Impulse 73 on one Gem.

As for being Doom Tapped, you can get a lot of temp HP on druid. I'm pretty sure I have a breakdown in the Ice Druid thread. But, 6kish total HP (4kish temp) is well within reach. EDIT: You can add another 480 effective HP if you take t3 DI Scales. It's pretty great, imo. It doesn't show up on HP bar, but it's like protection from elements that dmg subtracts from before it hits HP or Temp HP. Pretty sure nuker Druid is my fav overall build atm. Right now I'm on a dps thrower for some raid stuff. But, my default will go back to Druid. Not best at anything, but pretty good at a lot.
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2023 at 1:35pm by Head-Meat »  

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #18 - Feb 28th, 2023 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
\m/

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #19 - Feb 28th, 2023 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Is crit chance from Deacon (dread 3 piece) stacking with chained elementals?
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2023 at 2:17pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Feb 28th, 2023 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Feb 28th, 2023 at 12:54pm:
I see you are a clouded dreams enjoyer. Let's say we go this route and try to keep the defensive sets.*

Weapon: Dinosaur Bone Battle Axe -> dread
Offhand: Legendary Green Steel Bastard Sword
Armor: The Legendary Grey Leathers -> Dreadkeeper
Belt: Legendary Belt of the Black Sands -> dread
Boots: Legendary Deepsnow Boots -> winter
Bracers: Legendary Necromancer's Bracers -> Dreadkeeper
Cloak: Legendary Cloak of Winter -> winter
Gloves: Legendary Skin-tight Gloves -> Dreadkeeper
Goggles: Legendary Goggles of Dusk
Helm: Dinosaur Bone Helmet  -> dread
Necklace: Legendary Pendant of the Earth -> dread
Ring1: Clouded Dreams
Ring2: Dinosaur Bone Ring -> dread
Trinket:

There's only 2 slots here for the 3 piece wisdom set without locking in trinket, which means no spellabsorb without losing something important. I don't think dreadkeeper is worth it. Maybe you are seeing something different though let me know.

*(I won't do it just because fuck that many THTH for the stupid set. I wasn't playing when Sharn dropped.)

~~
~~

Bramble casters would be good with a dual trinket set of starless knights and elder's focus. You're going to get a bit more dps out of that than my set-up for sure. You're going to lose either winter set though or 5 piece dread. If you have a loadout for that you like post it up.*

*(Similar to the problem with THTH I do not want to get into the scam of a 2 piece Gem of many facets. I've seen people blow 10,000 threads and not get what they want lol.)

~~
~~

Exceptional crit is also available on Legendary Robes of the Dreadkeeper I would go double dino weapons for the LGS effects - dont need winter as much as Dreadkeeper set has artifact PRR.

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Feb 28th, 2023 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Feb 28th, 2023 at 1:23pm:
If I was gonna do a DPS setup:

Weapon: Dinosaur Bone
Offhand: Legendary Green Steel
Armor: Legendary Order's Garb
Belt: Dinosaur Bone Belt
- Scale (Accessory): Wisdom +14 Enhancement
- Fang (Accessory): Force crit damage 10%
- Claw (Accessory): Force crit damage 5%
- Horn (Accessory): Sacred +2 DCs
Boots: Legendary Deepsnow Boots
Bracers: Legendary Aetherband
Cloak: Legendary Green Steel Weave Cloak: Acid crit damage
Gloves: Legendary Bramble-Casters
Goggles: Attunement's Gaze
Helm: Legendary Elder's Cap
Necklace: Legendary Chains
- Legendary Slaver's Prefix Slot: Constitution +13 Enhancement
- Legendary Slaver's Suffix Slot: Kinetic Lore +21 Equipment
- Legendary Slaver's Bonus Slot: Wisdom +3 Quality
Ring1: Bound Elemental Ring of Acid
Ring2: Bound Elemental Ring of Frost
Trinket: Legendary Gem of Many Facets

~~
~~

Granted you are down 4 DCs here because we are lacking profane and quality spell focus. I guess you could get back 2 DCs if you put on satin and move dino artifact to necky but then you lose kinetic lore so we are fucked unless there's a way out of that.

Anyway, something to play around with...

Swap cloak with Dino cloak for Acid Crit and Profane DCs. With temp HP you should be around 6K hp (or 7k+ with shardstorm) so shouldnt ever be 1 tapped

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #22 - Feb 28th, 2023 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Stacking Crit CHANCE from gear is as follows:

Main Lore (up to 23% on some spell types, 22 on others, and 21 is very easy to get on all)
Artifact (school specific) Lore: 6%
Insightful Universal Lore 5%
Exceptional Universal: 5%
Artifact Universal: 6%
= 45% possible

I believe this is max before filigrees

11% possible on Cold via filis. 6% for rest, I think.

So, 56% crit chance on gear is the full re***** option.
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2023 at 4:27pm by Head-Meat »  

Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #23 - Feb 28th, 2023 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Feb 28th, 2023 at 2:17pm:
Is crit chance from Deacon (dread 3 piece) stacking with chained elementals?

Yes.

Although you have better overall options. Best 6% universal is Elder's set, imo.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Shunned
DQ Assaulter

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #24 - Feb 28th, 2023 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Feb 28th, 2023 at 4:20pm:
So, 56% crit chance on gear is the full re***** option.

What about using LGS? for spell crit, if we;re going full simple jack
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2023 at 5:54pm by Shunned »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint