Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Goodby Wildmen (Read 12725 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Goodby Wildmen
Reply #25 - Apr 6th, 2023 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Apr 6th, 2023 at 6:28pm:
Well, maybe not so much nice. But it is there.

Its actually pretty fucking terrible.

But you're right! It is there.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #26 - Apr 6th, 2023 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
"These Jungle Monkeys are getting outta hand! Replace them with... uhmm... French stereotype!" - SSG probably
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2023 at 11:48pm by Alex DeLarge »  

IP Logged

MotherBanned
Korthos Resident

Futility is Persistent

Reply #27 - Apr 7th, 2023 at 12:14am
Print Post  
"These [insert race here] are problematic, lets get rid of them entirely" - SSG

... Genocide?

"No, no, we're replacing them with other, less problematic races" - SSG

Wonder how the natives feel right now, lol

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Reply #28 - Apr 7th, 2023 at 4:20am
Print Post  
i hope they change wildmen to whitemen since its not possible to be racist against whites and all the trannies and feminists will enjoy maxing out their slayer count on whitemen

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Apr 7th, 2023 at 8:30am
Print Post  
MotherBanned wrote on Apr 7th, 2023 at 12:14am:

... Genocide?

If I was half ass at photoshop.......a dev with a Hitler mustache and a nazi uniform would be a fun project!

Add a nice real life quote with jews replaced by wildmen.
« Last Edit: Apr 7th, 2023 at 8:36am by somenewnoob »  

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #30 - Apr 7th, 2023 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Apr 6th, 2023 at 6:28pm:
<cough>

There's a nice P&R section just over there.

Well, maybe not so much nice. But it is there.

And with that, my moderation for the year is done. Good luck, gentlemenwomen ah fuk

Smiley

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Donreik
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Apr 7th, 2023 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
i can see how the wildmen are a bit problematic

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #32 - Apr 7th, 2023 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Donreik wrote on Apr 7th, 2023 at 3:39pm:
i can see how the wildmen are a bit problematic
https://i.imgur.com/nqTxYX4.jpg

Mom?

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Abbot Raider

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #33 - Apr 7th, 2023 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Apr 7th, 2023 at 4:01pm:
Donreik wrote on Apr 7th, 2023 at 3:39pm:

Mom?

Is that what Meat's been didling?  Cheesy

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #34 - Apr 8th, 2023 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
MotherBanned wrote on Apr 7th, 2023 at 12:14am:

... Genocide?

Oh god... I laughed so hard.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

palladin9479
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
He's going nuclear in that thread handing out bans like candy.

IP Logged

OG_Gamer
Korthos Resident

SSG, is the biggest joke
in gaming.

Reply #36 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
This is all part of ESG (Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance) being pushed by Vanguard Group and BlackRock. Both Vanguard and BlackRock are major owners in Hasbro, and Hasbro owns Wizards of the Coast. The same 2 companies are also pushing this stuff in Disney/Star Wars and a ton of other companies. Cry

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Reply #37 - Apr 11th, 2023 at 4:11am
Print Post  
OG_Gamer wrote on Apr 10th, 2023 at 9:59pm:
This is all part of ESG (Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance) being pushed by globalists. Globalists are major owners in Hasbro, and Hasbro owns Wizards of the Coast. The same [REDACTED] are also pushing this stuff in Disney/Star Wars and a ton of other companies. Cry

ftfy

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

liljiggy
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Apr 11th, 2023 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
Unpopular opinion; wildmen were always lame and horribly designed and never really felt like a real D&D monster - because they weren't.  They're just some made-up shit a random dev pulled out of their asses ages ago.

If they're hoping to pick up hardcore geeks from the D&D movie, it's a good idea to give them the experience they're expecting and that comes with fighting monsters they know from the tabletop version.

Plus from the whole selling monster manuals prospect, Wildmen are hardly worth bothering with adding, so it makes more sense to retrofit newer but more classic monsters in their place both for the newer players and for the MMs.  Some of the classic monsters need to show up more outside of the newer packs.  Wouldn't be a bad idea to go back and replace a lot of panthers with displacer beasts and so on.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Apr 11th, 2023 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
liljiggy wrote on Apr 11th, 2023 at 1:42pm:
Unpopular opinion; wildmen were always lame and horribly designed and never really felt like a real D&D monster - because they weren't.  They're just some made-up shit a random dev pulled out of their asses ages ago.

If they're hoping to pick up hardcore geeks from the D&D movie, it's a good idea to give them the experience they're expecting and that comes with fighting monsters they know from the tabletop version.

Plus from the whole selling monster manuals prospect, Wildmen are hardly worth bothering with adding, so it makes more sense to retrofit newer but more classic monsters in their place both for the newer players and for the MMs.  Some of the classic monsters need to show up more outside of the newer packs.  Wouldn't be a bad idea to go back and replace a lot of panthers with displacer beasts and so on.

And they're not gonna do any of that... Why?... Because it's a reasonable idea.
And we all know they can't do reasonable.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #40 - Apr 11th, 2023 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Kinda lame that people seem to be trying to find shit to be outraged at and will pick any little thing. So they are getting rid of wildmen, so what? so they think in the 17 years the game has been around the portrayal of wildmen has become dated and not in line with changing societal norms, so what?

Society isn't static, subjective values and interpretations change, when this game came out gay marriage wasn't a thing, eventually that changed and the sky didn't fall. Bitching about a gaming company moving with various changes that large segments of society seem to support is stupid, its just looking to whine.

If you want to bitch, bitch about real stuff they do or do not do that impacts the product you pay for and its performance. Bitch about lag, neutered VIP plans, money-grabs or plain old shit design. Bitching about this culture war bullshit is just playing into the hands of the far left and far right.

Seriously, what the fuck is the problem? Things change, get a grip.

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Apr 12th, 2023 at 5:04am
Print Post  
Dragonborn wrote on Apr 11th, 2023 at 5:37pm:
Kinda lame that people seem to be trying to find shit to be outraged at and will pick any little thing. So they are getting rid of wildmen, so what? so they think in the 17 years the game has been around the portrayal of wildmen has become dated and not in line with changing societal norms, so what?

Society isn't static, subjective values and interpretations change, when this game came out gay marriage wasn't a thing, eventually that changed and the sky didn't fall. Bitching about a gaming company moving with various changes that large segments of society seem to support is stupid, its just looking to whine.

If you want to bitch, bitch about real stuff they do or do not do that impacts the product you pay for and its performance. Bitch about lag, neutered VIP plans, money-grabs or plain old shit design. Bitching about this culture war bullshit is just playing into the hands of the far left and far right.

Seriously, what the fuck is the problem? Things change, get a grip.

Eh r\Whooosh noone really cares about them getting rid of wildmen other than it being the start of a slippery slope. There are so many things wrong with DDO right now spending time and resource on getting rid of wildmen seems misguided.

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Abbot Raider

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #42 - Apr 12th, 2023 at 10:35am
Print Post  
Justanotherlurker wrote on Apr 12th, 2023 at 5:04am:
Eh r\Whooosh noone really cares about them getting rid of wildmen other than it being the start of a slippery slope. There are so many things wrong with DDO right now spending time and resource on getting rid of wildmen seems misguided.

This.

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #43 - Apr 12th, 2023 at 1:51pm
Print Post  

Simple solution: modify the wildmen's texture so they look white with blond hair.

Ten second fix in any company besides SSG.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #44 - Apr 13th, 2023 at 9:53am
Print Post  

I addressed the time resource aspect and that people should be bitching about that instead of being a bunch of lil'fragile bitches about a change that is a nod to correcting a tone-deaf aspect of the game.

And slippery slope? what? you worried that if they change something that is moderately or even just tangentially racist it could lead to more changes? heaven forbid!

Seriously fuckers get a grip, this entire thread and the one of the mobos is like having to endure the fear-based whines of ddo's foxnews-dailywire Muricatards and Berklyborn do-as-I-say virtue fucknuts attempting to drown each other out. Granted here it appears to mainly be Muricatards.

As you were

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Apr 13th, 2023 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Synchrono wrote on Apr 6th, 2023 at 5:46am:
Well... according to WotC they are going away...

https://reason.com/2023/04/05/dungeons-dragons-half-elf-half-orc-racist-woke-pc/

I saw this yesterday and just had to shake my head. No idea if SSG will be forced to follow along with this and remember it is possible given that WotC controls the license and makes issues about "look" and "feel" for the game. It's why the look of the Tieflings  are more of the 5e versions than the 3.5e with the horn coloring. How the look changed so radically from when they first were shown versus what we got.

It's also why they fight over the whole Bear/Wolf cosmetic thing and how we got the lame ass tattoo looking skin thing and can't say make a bear look like a panda...

Oh, hey, cool. By axing the halfsies, there is indeed nothing stopping you from renaming race to species.

Somebody's going to need to write a splatbook for racial hybridization, though. There's no way a half-human, half-orc is equivalent to a half-halfling, half-orc.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #46 - Apr 13th, 2023 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Apr 6th, 2023 at 11:48pm:
"These Jungle Monkeys are getting outta hand! Replace them with... uhmm... French stereotype!" - SSG probably

I have to counter that with replacing them with English sterotypes.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #47 - Apr 14th, 2023 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Apr 13th, 2023 at 1:54pm:
I have to counter that with replacing them with English sterotypes.

Ya know you guys owned slaves, too. How come nobody is all over your french asses for it?

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #48 - Apr 15th, 2023 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 14th, 2023 at 8:25pm:
Ya know you guys owned slaves, too. How come nobody is all over your french asses for it?

Ask Haiti...
Another reason is the (various ) French Revolutions
And last we didn't bring them in France, they were sent to the various French oversea territories... Most of those are now not France, and the few that still are don't give a fuck.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #49 - May 2nd, 2023 at 3:35pm
Print Post  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint