Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Machrotechnic (Read 2338 times)
Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Machrotechnic
Jun 25th, 2023 at 7:31am
Print Post  
Rune arm use with free max/emp/intensify, not much investment to get. Any reason casters not wanting to take this?

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Re: Machrotechnic
Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2023 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
"Rune Arm Use: You gain the Rune Arm Use feat. Your Caster Level with Rune Arms is the higher of half your Character Level versus your Artificer Level. If you already had the Rune Arm Use feat, +1 Stable Charge Tier."

Caster level 16 at cap. That's the reason why not.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2023 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
I wish you could use runearms with other two-handers.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jun 25th, 2023 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Caster level 16 at cap. That's the reason why not.

Thanks, I hadn't spotted the reduced caster levels.

Still, considering it's always going to be additional to whatever else you are doing and only costs 7 or 8 dp, I'll be using it, though I never play at cap so different to most here.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Jun 25th, 2023 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
Binkey wrote on Jun 25th, 2023 at 6:49pm:
Thanks, I hadn't spotted the reduced caster levels.

Still, considering it's always going to be additional to whatever else you are doing and only costs 7 or 8 dp, I'll be using it, though I never play at cap so different to most here.

That doesn't mean its a decent caster lvl up until 31, then it drops to 16. That means that at the time you gain access to destinies its already behind the power curve.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jun 26th, 2023 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Quote:
That doesn't mean its a decent caster lvl up until 31, then it drops to 16. That means that at the time you gain access to destinies its already behind the power curve.

Oh wow, thank you for explaining Noamineo. Whatever would I have done without that insight. There's a difference between me skimming notes and missing the detail and suddenly being so retarded that I think that maths works backwards.

I want to try it because I think it will be fun and it has basically no downside.
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2023 at 4:20pm by Binkey »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Jun 26th, 2023 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
Binkey wrote on Jun 26th, 2023 at 4:19pm:
I want to try it because I think it will be fun and it has basically no downside.

I want to try it because its something different. And because it costs nothing. Well, plat. But fuck plat.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint