Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Does SSG really not know what value ranges should be on gear? (Read 5275 times)
Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Re: Does SSG really not know what value ranges should be on gear?
Reply #25 - Jul 30th, 2023 at 12:20am
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Jul 29th, 2023 at 6:17pm:
Lyn, despite their faults, at least prior to joining the band, played the game with enough enthusiasm to make YouTube videos that probably can be blamed for inspiring Strimtom. From his exceedingly poor and illformed opinions, one can only assume that Shitstain has probably never made it out of Korthos in anything but dev mode.

Bro Misery Peak ain't no joke.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #26 - Jul 30th, 2023 at 8:07am
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Jul 29th, 2023 at 6:17pm:
Lyn, despite their faults, at least prior to joining the band, played the game with enough enthusiasm to make YouTube videos that probably can be blamed for inspiring Strimtom. From his exceedingly poor and illformed opinions, one can only assume that Shitstain has probably never made it out of Korthos in anything but dev mode.

I briefly quested with Lynabel once on Sarlona. They seemed to be 'decent' probably in the realm between a casual player and slightly more above that.

They were relatively 'nice' to me despite already having a high dislike of me on the forums/reddit by then.

Of course they were also trying to play incogneto and not be noticed by folks. Only found out later on when folks were witch-hunting them sadly.

I think the devs can't genuinely play without people harassing them. Not that I'm defending the devs.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #27 - Jul 30th, 2023 at 10:05am
Print Post  
Most developers hate their games in some capacity. (E.x., Brevik and Schaffer brothers are at the point where they won't play Diablo.) It's understandable that the burnout is extreme when corporate overlords get involved in art. Artists burn out pretty fast on their own without external pressure. We remember great writers but it's important to point out that consistency is very rare among great artists. (E.x., GRR Martin will never finish Game of Thrones.)

The original Turbine team is so long gone. Sev came on AC in 2006. He has been playing D4 and posting his reactions on Twitter.

Quote:
Diablo up to level 50 was super fun, but the post 50 game is not. I am floating around 65 and it is a slog. It's too easy, it is slow to level, and I am getting loot drops that are 5-15 levels too low. I want to up the difficulty, but there is an arbitrary limit of 70.

Earlier comment indicating he's been playin' POE:

Quote:
Diablo 4... Does anyone know a way to get abilities to fire as if you are holding position without holding shift or toggling hold position? Like PoE?

Much earlier comment from him on M+

Quote:
World of Warcraft. I like it. M+ is one of my favorite ways to play. But the thought of having to get rooted over and over with Entangling is so demotivating to me that I think I am just burnt a little and need to take a break.
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2023 at 10:11am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #28 - Jul 30th, 2023 at 10:18am
Print Post  
Sev Seems to be against instant healing effects because they make the game too twitchy. (His comments on D4 leech system.)

I hugely agree here.

Healing should be limited to a "Darkest Dungeon campfire mechanic," or severely restricted in most cases. It produces an incentive for good gameplay whereas excessive healing makes games lack all pressure. Resurrection mechanics seem fine to me but IMO they should only occur at shrines or they should come with an extreme penalty. The penalties we have in DDO are much too boring.

Unfortunately the "cat is out of the bag" with DDO difficulty. Any changes to reaper now will be met with extreme criticism. This is primarily because it got tied up in XP. If the challenge mode had been cultivated not as an extra XP grind then I think people could accept massive changes to the system, but as it is there will be a "loss of investment" which makes the community averse to any changes.

This is just a sad lesson in game design: crappy rewards are still rewards and you can't take them away without compensation. Don't lock your difficulty behind crappy reward systems. Fucking hamster wheel enthusiasts might make good business in the short term, but they make for a terrible future for your game. They will want nothing to change which disturbs the meaning of their tireless and meaningless journey through your game-ether.
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2023 at 10:20am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Shunned
DQ Assaulter

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #29 - Jul 30th, 2023 at 11:29am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jul 30th, 2023 at 10:18am:
the meaning of their tireless and meaningless journey through your game-ether.

quoting this, it should be remembered.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint