Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) A Little Update on Our Duper (Read 17813 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: A Little Update on Our Duper
Reply #25 - Sep 20th, 2023 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Sep 19th, 2023 at 6:46pm:
Don't forget the anniversary card dupes and the ability to transfer bound items in unbound bags (think rare shards like eSoS, for example) Although you could use "dupapalooza" as an umbrella for that era. But, there were breaks between. Good times.

I mostly missed out on the card re-use, unfortunately. I was on break when it was hot.

Same. I was playing at the time but had not yet gotten involved in exploits. I wish now I had taken a chance on those goody bags I was seeing.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #26 - Sep 20th, 2023 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Admit to the wish but deny the presence. Perfectly believable alibi.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #27 - Sep 21st, 2023 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Sep 20th, 2023 at 7:04pm:
Admit to the wish but deny the presence. Perfectly believable alibi.

I openly talk about buying boxes and duping ings/collectibles. Do you think I'd deny using the card muncher exploit?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #28 - Sep 21st, 2023 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
Yes, of course.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #29 - Sep 21st, 2023 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Sep 21st, 2023 at 3:41pm:
Yes, of course.

That is a proper level of paranoia. My hat is off to you, sir.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Sep 21st, 2023 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Count Dante wrote on Sep 19th, 2023 at 3:47pm:
150 per hour I wouldn't sneer at.  That's not chump change.  He wasn't making near that.

I'm going to be very generous with this because I'm a nice guy.

He was at it for two years, but for this we're going to say one.  He was charging more but had slowed in how many he was duping (since he could no longer be as blatant as he'd been).  He can deny it all he wants, but those who know, know.

We'll say a year.  He probably made the mass of that 20k in that year but not all of it, but we'll say he did make it all in one year.

That comes out to about 55 bucks a day for his side hustle.  If he was doing it in an hour, it's not great but again, not exactly chump change.

Again, he'll lie but there's no way he was doing it all in just an hour a day.  First 6 months he was hustling and promoting around the clock.  Contacting people, sending messages, working discord.  Building a web site, dealing with the legal threats from SSG.  Plea bargaining.   

And that's not even getting into the duping itself.  Transferring toons, making new dummy accounts, using 3 different accounts per transaction to try and keep his storage mules safe.  Waiting for buyers, drag and dropping during the sales.

Min 4 hours a day and I wouldn't be surprised if it came out to nearly twice that.  Starting out, this was a full time job.

Even at 4 hours a day?  50 bucks?  Kids with paper routes probably make more than that.

This wasn't a low effort endeavor.  You don't put that much effort into it for "props" (though it was funny him begging like a dog for attention and a title and getting denied it). 

He did it because his sorry ass was broke.

No idea where you got that 400k number from.  Even at part time, 20k a year gets you 400k never.

You might be a nice guy but with your reading comprehension, you should be happy at $15 per hour. the 400k was derived from your comment, you know, the part of my post that I quoted?

You could offer me 25 bucks a day just to get out of bed 10 minutes early and I'd tell you to go fuck yourself. 
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2023 at 5:30pm by SpaceGoat »  

IP Logged

Count Dante
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Sep 21st, 2023 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Sep 21st, 2023 at 5:24pm:
but with your reading comprehension

Ok, I still have no idea where you're getting that 400k from.  25 bucks per day (which is what I said) would take 16,000 days (or 45 years) to make.  And I still wouldn't take you up on that offer. 

Now you said "150 dollars an hour" concerning dung eater.  Sorry, ddoplayer.  Totally different person.  I broke it down for you; there's no fucking way he was making 150 per hour.

Even if it was only in 6 months (it wasn't) and even if it was only one hour a day (it sure as fuck wasn't), that's 110 bucks an hour at best.

Do you know anyone in the tech industry?  Like a real programmer?  Someone who starts their job at 100k per year in a crap company?  Someone who makes somewhere between 300-400k as a contractor per year?

If you do, go offer them a job for an hour a day for the next 6 months (and again, can't stress this enough, NO FUCKING WAY HE WAS WORKING THOSE FEW HOURS) for 20k.  Watch them laugh in your face.

No clue where you got that 150 per hour number from.  He made 20k.  Doesn't matter if it was 6 months (it wasn't) or two years (probably closer to the truth).  That's a minimum wage job.  Check your math.

Grand wrote on Mar 11th, 2017 at 12:08am:
I'm a big believer in the old adage saw that you should never make a bet you can't afford to lose!

Welcher.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #32 - Sep 21st, 2023 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
Count Dante wrote on Sep 19th, 2023 at 8:45am:
Jealous of what exactly? 

Uh... off the top of my head? the fact that ddoplayer98 knew the doop? That he had boxes to sell?

More likely... the status Ddoplayer98 got, the money he made, the way he was accepted so quickly, and most of all:

THE FACT THAT STRAKE MADE AN ENTIRELY NEW FORUM FOR DDOPLAYER98 AFTER JUST A MONTH AND HE NEVER MADE ANYTHING FOR YOU???  Bwahahahahahaaaaa!!!!

Just spitballing mind ya, lol.

P.S. another little giggle that post of yours gave me was that you couldn't help yourself from responding to me after claiming you wouldn't be talking to me anymore!  as if!! lol and here is the proof:

Count Dante wrote on Aug 12th, 2023 at 7:57pm:
Last time I'm talking to you.

The poor wonder twins, they have so much butthurt but no self control.

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #33 - Sep 22nd, 2023 at 10:37am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 21st, 2023 at 5:09pm:
That is a proper level of paranoia. My hat is off to you, sir.

I ran out of tinfoil hats 2,5 weeks after joining this very forum.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #34 - Sep 25th, 2023 at 12:12am
Print Post  
Yawn.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #35 - Sep 25th, 2023 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Sep 25th, 2023 at 12:12am:
Yawn.

Someone hasn't had his Milk+ tonight.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Sep 25th, 2023 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
Count Dante wrote on Sep 21st, 2023 at 7:03pm:
Ok, I still have no idea where you're getting that 400k from.  25 bucks per day (which is what I said) would take 16,000 days (or 45 years) to make.  And I still wouldn't take you up on that offer. 

Now you said "150 dollars an hour" concerning dung eater.  Sorry, ddoplayer.  Totally different person.  I broke it down for you; there's no fucking way he was making 150 per hour.

Even if it was only in 6 months (it wasn't) and even if it was only one hour a day (it sure as fuck wasn't), that's 110 bucks an hour at best.

Do you know anyone in the tech industry?  Like a real programmer?  Someone who starts their job at 100k per year in a crap company?  Someone who makes somewhere between 300-400k as a contractor per year?

If you do, go offer them a job for an hour a day for the next 6 months (and again, can't stress this enough, NO FUCKING WAY HE WAS WORKING THOSE FEW HOURS) for 20k.  Watch them laugh in your face.

No clue where you got that 150 per hour number from.  He made 20k.  Doesn't matter if it was 6 months (it wasn't) or two years (probably closer to the truth).  That's a minimum wage job.  Check your math. 

I'll make it easy for you.

See your comment below in bold?

You could offer me 25 bucks a day just to get out of bed 10 minutes early and I'd tell you to go fuck yourself. 

That is $25 for 10 minutes. Or $150 per hour (6*$25). Follow so far?
Per day it is $150*8 = $1,200 Follow so far?
Per Week it is $1,200*5 = $6000 Follow so far?
Per year it is $6K*52 = 312K Follow so far?
Now since we are considering AFTER-TAX money, we need to get to pretax, right? 312K/.7 =445K (assuming a 30% tax rate) Follow so far?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #37 - Sep 25th, 2023 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Sep 25th, 2023 at 12:00pm:

He didn't see shit because he's a dragonborn sock. You're trying to have a conversation with someone who exists in an entirely different reality and will happily decide you said something entirely unrelated. Its pointless to engage with any of the socks because they aren't actually talking to you. Notice the way they argue with each other.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #38 - Sep 25th, 2023 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Sep 25th, 2023 at 12:00pm:
I'll make it easy for you.

That is $25 for 10 minutes. Or $150 per hour (6*$25). Follow so far?
Per day it is $150*8 = $1,200 Follow so far?
Per Week it is $1,200*5 = $6000 Follow so far?
Per year it is $6K*52 = 312K Follow so far?
Now since we are considering AFTER-TAX money, we need to get to pretax, right? 312K/.7 =445K (assuming a 30% tax rate) Follow so far?

BOOM.

guess they don't fuck around in space when it comes to handing-out ass-kickings LMAO

noamineo wrote on Sep 25th, 2023 at 12:07pm:
He didn't see shit because he's a dragonborn sock. You're trying to have a conversation with someone who exists in an entirely different reality and will happily decide you said something entirely unrelated. Its pointless to engage with any of the socks because they aren't actually talking to you. Notice the way they argue with each other.

Stop being blinded by your butthurt dumbass, neither Cunt Dunce or The Real Grimace are mine.

But hey don't take my word for it how about someone trusted and who's ass you kiss?:

Head-Meat wrote on Jul 6th, 2020 at 7:43pm:
dd�player98 is a troll sock of another Vault user who decided to sow some chaos. Bless his heart. You can ignore 100% of what he says. He does some..appreciated work elsewhere. But not here.

B�shop is a sock of dd�player98 and the same commentary applies

as the links show, Cunt Dunce was posting as the imitation ddoplayer account, and the wannabe grand was posting as an imitation Bishop (just like you did if memory serves...) And as Meat shared they both belong to an old timer here, and if you had half a brain you would have figured out who that is years ago... but you're Nomindo so I guess we will have to thank our luck for having Meat to think for you.
« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2023 at 12:30pm by Dragonborn »  

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #39 - Oct 12th, 2023 at 1:48am
Print Post  

I don't even care how much of this thread is true or real, I'm enjoying it. The part about him reusing "don't make Strake work" is pure gold. And the sockfight ain't so bad, either.

Smiley

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #40 - Oct 12th, 2023 at 1:55am
Print Post  
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2023 at 1:55am by Strake »  

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #41 - Oct 12th, 2023 at 2:08am
Print Post  

Lots of discussion on the topic in the discord server linked in this thread (general channel). But not really any additional info.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #42 - Oct 12th, 2023 at 8:59am
Print Post  
You even joined the discord?! You do put effort into your entertainment....

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #43 - Oct 12th, 2023 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Oct 12th, 2023 at 1:48am:
I don't even care how much of this thread is true or real, I'm enjoying it. The part about him reusing "don't make Strake work" is pure gold. And the sockfight ain't so bad, either.

Smiley

I'll admit the very existence of the sock fights are amusing.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #44 - Oct 12th, 2023 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Oct 12th, 2023 at 8:59am:
You even joined the discord?! You do put effort into your entertainment....

Well, I just wrapped up watching WoT and Ahsoka, so I had to do something... Grin

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Oct 15th, 2023 at 7:17am
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Oct 12th, 2023 at 1:55am:

That's the guy. Confirmed.

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Oct 15th, 2023 at 7:18am
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Oct 12th, 2023 at 2:08am:
Lots of discussion on the topic in the discord server linked in this thread (general channel). But not really any additional info.

This is an existing giveaways Discord he used to signal boost his thing. The round of stuff that he gave these guys was actually legit.

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Oct 15th, 2023 at 7:23am
Print Post  

Some more for ya.

IP Logged

liljiggy
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Oct 15th, 2023 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
A legend in his own mind  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #49 - Oct 15th, 2023 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
liljiggy wrote on Oct 15th, 2023 at 12:02pm:
A legend in his own mind  Roll Eyes

You would know a lot about that.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint