Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic What to do with Pints? (Read 7079 times)
Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: What to do with Pints?
Reply #25 - Jul 24th, 2010 at 11:49am
Print Post  
yeap the dice are loaded, instead of 1d6, its more like 1d4+2

you can test this with cure spells

IP Logged

Tspoon
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
So Strake,
  I am pretty sure you aren't playing Pirates of the Burning Pee with Gornn and Shizer, so does this mean you are considering playing DDO?  T

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #27 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Quote:
So Strake,
  I am pretty sure you aren't playing Pirates of the Burning Pee with Gornn and Shizer, so does this mean you are considering playing DDO?  T

Negative.

SC II releases tomorrow.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Tspoon
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jul 26th, 2010 at 7:07pm:
Negative.

SC II releases tomorrow.

Interesting, I thought SC was a pretty cool game for it's time, 10 years ago, in my very limited reading about SC2 it doesn't look all that different.  I will be very interested to see what you think.  T

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #29 - Jul 27th, 2010 at 12:43am
Print Post  
Quote:
Interesting, I thought SC was a pretty cool game for it's time, 10 years ago, in my very limited reading about SC2 it doesn't look all that different.  I will be very interested to see what you think.  T

While that may not sound appetizing to you, to those who loved the game like myself, "old starcraft + new graphics" sounds great.  Smiley

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Jul 27th, 2010 at 1:47am
Print Post  
Quote:

sc 2 while likely to have a variant of the engine now offers some interesting mechanics, ie a ground attack airborne unit that can transform into a ground attack land unit. this makes it harder to defend

IP Logged

Nevynn
Horoluth Raider

Badgertastic!!

Reply #31 - Jul 27th, 2010 at 8:08am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jul 27th, 2010 at 12:43am:
While that may not sound appetizing to you, to those who loved the game like myself, "old starcraft + new graphics" sounds great.  Smiley

48,000,000 Koreans can 't be wrong!!

WWWGTalk  
IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #32 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 12:31am
Print Post  
Speed review of SC II:

• The game has the feel of Starcraft, but everything you knew can be thrown out the window.
  • It is very pretty.  I say that with the reservation that we're talking about a god's eye view game here.  The genre has implicit limitations.
  • Resolution is adjustable but does not provide advantage like it does in DDO.  They even had my 2560x1600 resolution available.
  • The new battle.net has some cool features, but fails at doing what its predecessor did so well: facilitate grouping.  They really dropped the ball on this one. 
  • RealID adds to the BS.  Any friends you make will know your first and last name, any friends of theirs can see that info as well.
  • Account security is horrid.  Userids are email addresses.

I read somewhere that SCII was "a gem of a game buried beneath 800 tons of Activision bullshit".  I find that statement to be incredibly accurate.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Tspoon
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jul 29th, 2010 at 12:31am:
Speed review of SC II:

• The game has the feel of Starcraft, but everything you knew can be thrown out the window.
  • It is very pretty.  I say that with the reservation that we're talking about a god's eye view game here.  The genre has implicit limitations.
  • Resolution is adjustable but does not provide advantage like it does in DDO.  They even had my 2560x1600 resolution available.
  • The new battle.net has some cool features, but fails at doing what its predecessor did so well: facilitate grouping.  They really dropped the ball on this one. 
  • RealID adds to the BS.  Any friends you make will know your first and last name, any friends of theirs can see that info as well.
  • Account security is horrid.  Userids are email addresses.

I read somewhere that SCII was "a gem of a game buried beneath 800 tons of Activision bullshit".  I find that statement to be incredibly accurate.

so maybe we will see Pints as a TR sooner than later...   Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint