Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Build Help for the Build Challenged! (Read 6774 times)
Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Re: Build Help for the Build Challenged!
Reply #25 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
I took Extend on my 18/2 and completely regretted it.  18 minutes on most buffs is more than enough.  How often do you skip a shrine? With clickie and ability resets I find almost every shrine gets used.  I found it was a waste of SP and a feat in most situations.

SF:UMD - I'm debating it over OTWF myself.

I don't get Aranticus no AC point...from the Exploiter post...

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=168687

AC
10 Base
1 Dodge feat
4 Icy Raiments Dodge
1 Alchemical Dodge
3 Chattering Ring Dodge
8 Dexterity
6 Wisdom
1 Monk Bonus
4 Insight (Shroud Crafted)
5 Protection
5 Barkskin
8 Armor Bracers
4 Tempest III
5 Combat Expertise
65 (Self Buffed in AC Mode)

...that's pretty solid AC.  Yes, there is some grinding of gear but it not unreasonable.  If the numbers are wrong somehow let me know.  If you toss in songs and etc, you have a pretty stout AC enough to make up for the HP trade off especially w/ evasion factored in.

I'm not in love with the Devotion or SP enhancements on a Ranger.  I use CSW wands and pots and use SP primarily for buffing with a PoPX (I switch with my Bloodstone after buffing) I have 400+ sp.   End game Heals scrolls but you can reset enhancements later...
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2010 at 2:40pm by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Slink
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
*yawn*

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Aug 12th, 2010 at 2:34pm:
I took Extend on my 18/2 and completely regretted it.  18 minutes on most buffs is more than enough.  How often do you skip a shrine? With clickie and ability resets I find almost every shrine gets used.  I found it was a waste of SP and a feat in most situations.

SF:UMD - I'm debating it over OTWF myself.

if u do not have twd, then its a no brainer, take otwf

Quote:
I don't get Aranticus no AC point...from the Exploiter post...

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=168687

AC
10 Base
1 Dodge feat
4 Icy Raiments Dodge
1 Alchemical Dodge
3 Chattering Ring Dodge
8 Dexterity
6 Wisdom
1 Monk Bonus
4 Insight (Shroud Crafted)
5 Protection
5 Barkskin
8 Armor Bracers
4 Tempest III
5 Combat Expertise
65 (Self Buffed in AC Mode)

...that's pretty solid AC.  Yes, there is some grinding of gear but it not unreasonable.

yeap but u have to take into account a number of things. the ac tops out at abt 72 on normal 85ish on elite for the then top quest vod. it was easy then to find a pally who had +5ac aura. shield wands stacked with tempest ac. which means your 65 ac is now 81 ac. that was a very useful ac for everything

with the new updates, exploiter lost a bit of shine. +5ac pally aura? sure siberys aura goes up to +6 but how many siberys pallys u see? most pallys these days are kotc with no points in ac aura. this plus the fact that new enhancements like kensai, assassin and kotc deals a ton of damage which means its hard for an exploiter to keep CE up (of coz unless u let him agro for sometime before you go in.

as to grinding, if i know stainer, he hates titan lol. now u know why i said that?

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #28 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Aug 12th, 2010 at 10:13pm:
as to grinding, if i know stainer, he hates titan lol. now u know why i said that?

My monk is flagged, but I never ran Titan.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint