Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Best Exploits Current and Old (Read 52135 times)
Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Re: Best Exploits Current and Old
Reply #25 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 1:00am
Print Post  
woody wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 12:18am:
Did this follow the same procedure used to put the axe from VoN1 and Sword from Relic(i think) into your bank?

Yes.  The shared bank was much like the first bank upon release... you could zone around and have it on screen.  Open your quest rewards and drop everything into the shared bank, then reopen the quest end rewards (same old list, but everyone has more then 1 alt)  and do it again. 

Best part, was only banned for a month!  Well worth it imo since I kept all the items
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2010 at 1:01am by Epoch »  

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Pallai
Stormreaver Piker

Keeper of the Rangersauce

Reply #26 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:49am
Print Post  
Not a huge fan of exploits- there's exactly ONE that I use.  Not posting it because I don't want it "fixed".

Pallai, Ascent
Saraphima, Chennai, Northenstar, Chellai Nothing Personal
Argonessen

IP Logged

QuantumEntanglement
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 3:04am
Print Post  
Heh, not sure if it would be considered an exploit per se, but one good old "bug" from back before my first new mod after joining (Oct 2, 2007) they fixed with the mod that did away with death penalty xp.

Back in those days, having just started out, I never had near enough money to waste the 80,000 ish gold for a large bag.  But even though those small blue gem bags and small red collectable bags were always meant to be bound (there was only to character pre EU) and thus could not be mailed, that only applied while empty.  Yup, you guessed it, put one or more gem, any kind, in a small gem bag, and you could mail it.  Same with collectable bags.

This of course led to the ability to roll up a dummy throw away character just to run Eponia's quest with the optional necklace for the barmaid objective, get a couple smal gem bags, mail a couple gems to the throw away char, put em in the bag, and mail it to whoever you wanted.  Delete character, rinse repeat.  I had a mule character with six small blue gem bags and four small collectable bags that mainly was there just to hold them for new alts I made.

After the next mod, this trick no longer worked and having no need for the bags on a mule, I deleted them.  However, I have a couple characters running around that still have two small gem bags.

IP Logged

Saaluta
Vault Mistress

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 3:12am
Print Post  
Only one I ever did and got a 3 day ban for was completing von 5, leaving someone in and then taking Velah down to 1 hit.  Someone would bring a level 1 with a mm clickie and everyone else would recall and go back thru von 5(since someone holding, no reset) then level 1 would kill Velah and open warded chest.  We farmed that for a weekend pretty much straight....

Saal Smiley

Hello Darkness, my old friend!  It's nice to talk with you again!
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:30pm:
They don't just settle for shooting themselves in the foot. Turbine uses a repeating crossbow.

IP Logged

FunFacts
Korthos Resident

Reply #29 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 3:44am
Print Post  
Favorite Old Exploits:
-Bypassing any cooldown on any spell or ability
-Using Fly from Reaver's Refuge, entering Shroud, and flying directly to part 5
-Scroll Farming via... scrolls
-Guild Rep farming via Create Undead in Epic (best used with cooldown bypass)
-Infinite Boots of Anchoring/Dragonscale
-1750 Tome without having 1750 favor
-Infinite Eldrich/Tempest/Sovereign runes

Current Favorite Exploits:
-Automatically UMDing any wand or scroll, even if not trained
-Window Farming
-Dual-boxing , then logging out the character with the XP potion to save duration (log back in at the end of the quest)
-Avoiding both XP penalties for re-entering quest (group and individual)

If you want details, please give me an exploit I don't already know about.  I know a LOT more exploits than I posted here, but some are too juicy to talk about publicly (such as which raid(s) can have their endchests ransacked).  Contact me via PM.  I'm trying to keep this account separate and untraceable from my regular DDO account in case Tarrant comes snooping around...
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2010 at 4:11am by FunFacts »  

Those who watch their backs
meet death from the front.  --Drow proverb

IP Logged

ZombieKenny
Korthos Resident

Reply #30 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 6:44am
Print Post  
Honestly, a thread like this isn't a bad idea, so long as Tarrent does read the forum. I mean he has to know about the exploits anyways, but if they become more common knowledge then they will have more motivation to fix them.
I mean, sure, stuff can be handy, but having exploits as major as some definitely does cut into people's achievements.
For an example, look at the shroud completion with all the arcane archers during the cooldown bypass exploit. Noone in their right mind would consider that legitimately beating previous records, however, there is still stuff in the game that gives pretty large advantages.

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 7:16am
Print Post  
actually since most people here are reusing old forum names, he can trace to your character if he wants to and tag you

IP Logged

ZombieKenny
Korthos Resident

Reply #32 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 7:36am
Print Post  
Assuming of course that I'm  not using someone else's name? Theres no way to link, even with the same name, positively between this and the official DDO forums, unless he can access people's IPs here or something.
I wouldn't be too surprised to see them  decide that positive ID isn't necessary though I guess.

IP Logged

Rumbaar
Korthos Resident

Inherent Omniscience

Reply #33 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 7:44am
Print Post  
Yeah, I am the artist formally known as Rumbaar.  It's online, all identities are stolen ... I stole his.

"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."
IP Logged

Visty
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 7:45am
Print Post  
ZombieKenny wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 7:36am:
Assuming of course that I'm  not using someone else's name? Theres no way to link, even with the same name, positively between this and the official DDO forums, unless he can access people's IPs here or something.
I wouldn't be too surprised to see them  decide that positive ID isn't necessary though I guess.

well, strakeln send me a PM on the ddo forums to varify it is me and not someone to destroy me, so its unlikely that you use the name of someone else

granted, that might change with the new registration thingy here

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 7:56am
Print Post  

your forum names are linked to ingame characters. in this age, its very easy to place a marker on your character so they can easy trace your actions. anything remotely exploitive can be used against you

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #36 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 7:58am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Aug 29th, 2010 at 10:29pm:
You can still window farm, although I don't know of this more "useful" way you speak of.

I don't know if this is an exploit, but when I want to do bloodstone runs I get a couple of hirelings. Check the chests, pop into the astrologer quest summon hireling, dismiss, exit. Explorer area reset.

OH, thank you never thought of that.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Canuckish
Korthos Resident

giggity

Reply #37 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 8:08am
Print Post  
My favorite was the Heal Scroll working for Wizards, made my fleshie fun, when they took that away I had to TR into a WF.

Cant live without that self healing lovin.

IP Logged

ZombieKenny
Korthos Resident

Reply #38 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 8:08am
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 7:56am:
your forum names are linked to ingame characters. in this age, its very easy to place a marker on your character so they can easy trace your actions. anything remotely exploitive can be used against you

Theres a pretty huge difference between activelly using exploits and acknowledging their existence. I know how to get free UMD but I still rolled 10 2's and 1's in a row on my GH scroll last night before getting ticked at not being able to roll a 3, and just asked for a GH. Just cause I know about something doesn't mean I use it.

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 8:17am
Print Post  
so long as you dun use it they do not have ammo against you. but if you somehow stumble across it, out comes  Smiley

IP Logged

Pallai
Stormreaver Piker

Keeper of the Rangersauce

Reply #40 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 8:39am
Print Post  
Why the hell are people posting this stuff here?

It's just going to get fixed/nerfed if you make it public... and yes, Turbine does read this forum.

Pallai, Ascent
Saraphima, Chennai, Northenstar, Chellai Nothing Personal
Argonessen

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #41 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 9:15am
Print Post  

If you worry that someone may know you post here then this might not be the place for you.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

ZombieKenny
Korthos Resident

Reply #42 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 9:28am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 9:15am:
If you worry that someone may know you post here then this might not be the place for you.

I don't care who knows I post here, my ingame capped characters are on Sarlona, and are Zombified, Ohohouch, Wearescrewed, Yaycoffee, and Elitestzerg.
The point is that there isn't a way Turbine can officially link what is said here to your Turbine account.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #43 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 9:36am
Print Post  
ZombieKenny wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 9:28am:
I don't care who knows I post here, my ingame capped characters are on Sarlona, and are Zombified, Ohohouch, Wearescrewed, Yaycoffee, and Elitestzerg.
The point is that there isn't a way Turbine can officially link what is said here to your Turbine account.

Your point then is lacking. 

If I can help out, as a volunteer, a detective buddy of mine learn the identity's of their marks (100 percent accuracy) - a poorly trained monkey can link an account here with an account on the forums.

But that isn't important.  If you are doing nothing wrong, then you have nothing to fear. Wink

IP Logged

Zaodan
Korthos Resident

I drank what? - Socrates

Reply #44 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 10:18am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 1:00am:
Yes.  The shared bank was much like the first bank upon release... you could zone around and have it on screen.  Open your quest rewards and drop everything into the shared bank, then reopen the quest end rewards (same old list, but everyone has more then 1 alt)  and do it again. 

Best part, was only banned for a month!  Well worth it imo since I kept all the items

I notice that the guild chests on the guild airship don't close when you walk away from them...

IP Logged

Sirea
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 11:43am
Print Post  
FunFacts wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 3:44am:
-Infinite Boots of Anchoring/Dragonscale

Whoa, did the same exploit for Boots of Anchoring work for Dragonscale armor? Kinda wish I'd known that one at the time Tongue

The DT rune one was a pretty good one at the time as well. Made DT crafting worth it Tongue

IP Logged

Sirea
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
Oh and I was kinda steamed to learn that using Paladin Holy Swords to charge Energy Cells was "fixed". I've known about that since I started playing 2 1/2 years ago, and it took them this long to finally say it's not allowed? Grrr....  Angry

IP Logged

moorewr
Korthos Resident

Lasciate ogne speranza,
voi ch’intrate.

Reply #47 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
I'm a pretty vanilla player.. sure, I hold the odd quest portal open to save running back to the npc..

The only one I am sorry I never tried was flying through the shroud. I wish I could have seen that...

--Thelanis, Archangels & GSI

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #48 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 10:40pm
Print Post  

Some NICE stuff posted here.

My fondest memories over the years of playing have been late nights using some exploit with a ton of guildies and friends... whether that be farming the dragon with Qwijy in the door or "jumping into the Matrix" to beat goggles in the Abbot.

I'm really sad I missed out on flying to part 5 of the Shroud.  What a hoot!  Did it let you go back and get all the chests when you killed Harry?

Don't know if they fixed it yet, but when I stopped playing, lots of BtC things were still passable via an unbound huge bag and the shared bank.  I believe it worked with other, non-bound bags as well.  Yeah, I know, old news, but I didn't see it listed here... guessing they must have fixed it then.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Infraction
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 4:59am
Print Post  
I remember some people used to exploit the reaver (does not work anymore)..

someone come to the door with almost no hit points, then take off a con item and die... but first he would open the door window.

a cleric would cast a raise, but before the dead guy took it, he would use the open window to enter the quest...immediately end up in the 'dead lever' room..

then he would take the raise..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Send TopicPrint