Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Builds (Read 2785 times)
Harry
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Builds
Oct 19th, 2010 at 10:57am
Print Post  
I have a level 20 monk who is lawful good. I'm thinking of Tr-ing him. Any suggestion?

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Re: Builds
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Harry wrote on Oct 19th, 2010 at 10:57am:
I have a level 20 monk who is lawful good. I'm thinking of Tr-ing him. Any suggestion?

What is your goal? Do you have tomes saved up? Do you have a GS HP item? Do you have ToD rings?

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

kitsune_ko
Titan Demolisher

Halfling Pali-Rogues FTW!

Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
You may also want to wait a few more days until the Half-orc/Elf races come out if you are thinking of trying something completely new with your TR.

They are being released sometime tomorrow, but I have complete faith in Turbine to royally screw something(s) up with the update and need to hotfix after release, so I would give it a day or so after the release for them to get the most serious bugs out.

That being said, there is also the 25% XP event on currently, so the quicker you TR, the more bonus XP you can score this week.

Like Stainer said, it totally depends on what you want in your TR. I TRed earlier this month, but am making almost the exact same build again, just a 34 point "improved" and tweaked version rather then the 28 I created originally.

What were you thinking of creating for a new char? I see you had a 20 pure monk, so obviously like the hands-on melee types, you may want to join the DDO herd this week and make a half-orc barbarian to try? Really depends on what you like and are looking for in a build/class honestly though.

Though I do hope you scored your +2 tomes before the AH shut down, with the TR fest thats going to happen after the update, prices are going to be crazy on them for quite a while I am thinking. Very high demand.

Kit.
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2010 at 2:50pm by kitsune_ko »  

"Shiny stuff comes and goes; XP is forever."

2008-10-15: Full frontal Nerdity

IP Logged

Antir
Shroud Slacker

Hi Welcome

Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
Whatever you do, do not listen to build advice from Kitsune.

"I'll provide the perspective"

IP Logged

Harry
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
I am basically looking to make a more powerful monk. I am on stage 3 of crafting my greensteel bracers. And I have 1+6 strength ring from Tod. Other than that I'm trying to learn as I go. I haven't found much information on the best way to spend inhancements. Which special attacks are the most powerful? And should I allighn light or dark?

IP Logged

kitsune_ko
Titan Demolisher

Reply #5 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 7:22pm
Print Post  

...and Antirs problem is that his char builds/advice are just like his ass, they both stink.

If you are rebuilding your monk unfortunately not much advice I can give personally, I have yet to play that class. As much as I hate outsourcing, you might want to try Googling for various monk builds, prefered equipment and recommended enhancements.

Looking at others builds gives you something to start with anyways. Something to possibly keep in mind is I heard that in the update tomorrow Light Monks are getting some tweaking, not sure what it is they are doing as I was not paying too much mind.

Kit

IP Logged

Harry
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the input, Ive heard the buzz about light monks as well. I still have not heard exactly what was going to happen though. I won't do anything until I finish crafting though.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #7 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
I haven't been playing long... and am not as skilled as the frequent posters here - but I'd jump right in on the wait argument.

Whenever the game releases something new a couple of things happen by my observations thusfar:

1. They break a few things that already exist.
2. They decide that the bone they threw was too much free license and rescind part of it.

Hotfixes follow updates.  Nothing worse than making a toon and leveling it only to find that the most attractive feature about it gets the nerfbat or is changed without mention.

I'm waiting to TR my pally experiment that I am really happy with.  I want intimidate and a 34 point build on him like yesterday.  But I know I will have a fucking meltdown if they change shit while I am working with him again.  Been there, done that, and burned the t-shirt in protest. Wink

IP Logged

Antir
Shroud Slacker

Hi Welcome

Reply #8 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
kitsune_ko wrote on Oct 19th, 2010 at 7:22pm:
...and Antirs problem is that his char builds/advice are just like his ass, they both stink.

If you are rebuilding your monk unfortunately not much advice I can give personally, I have yet to play that class. As much as I hate outsourcing, you might want to try Googling for various monk builds, prefered equipment and recommended enhancements.

Looking at others builds gives you something to start with anyways. Something to possibly keep in mind is I heard that in the update tomorrow Light Monks are getting some tweaking, not sure what it is they are doing as I was not paying too much mind.

Kit

Contributing with ingnorance is all you have to offer Cheesy

IP Logged

kitsune_ko
Titan Demolisher

Reply #9 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
Antir wrote on Oct 19th, 2010 at 8:30pm:
Contributing with ignorance is all you have to offer Cheesy

Price of a ride on Antir's Ass: 25c

Antir trying to burn you and epic failing: Priceless

There are truely some things that money just cannot buy  Wink

Kit
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2010 at 8:46pm by kitsune_ko »  

IP Logged

Antir
Shroud Slacker

Hi Welcome

Reply #10 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
not much advice I can give personally

Yes

I have yet to play that class

Yes

As much as I hate outsourcing

Yes

you might want to try Googling for various monk builds, prefered equipment and recommended enhancements.

No

Looking at others builds gives you something to start with anyways

Yes and No

Something to possibly keep in mind is I heard that in the update tomorrow Light Monks are getting some tweaking

Yes

not sure what it is they are doing as I was not paying too much mind.

Yes

Kit

Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 10:56pm
Print Post  

Kit

this coming from someone arguing for bastard swords  Wink

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #12 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 3:20am
Print Post  
It really depends on the kind of monk build you want... AC? DPS? Pure self sufficiency? Throw people a bone here.

I fucking hate it when people want help with their build but give absolutely no hint as to what they want it to accomplish... I mean really what the fuck.

Start all stats at 14, put all stat increases in INT, and then.. GFY.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

@i@
Dirty Sock

Evading a ban XD

Reply #13 - Jun 28th, 2017 at 5:51pm
Print Post  

Quote:
No dumbass, they're mediocre. Most of the people have about 6 int in real life and chew rather than playing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint