Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Bards and THF (Read 1931 times)
Swedishchef
Dragon Raider

Got to love the chef :)

Bards and THF
Dec 9th, 2010 at 12:10am
Print Post  
I have and have had alot of bards (love em) over time, however i havenīt had one specced for THF so as i am leveling a dwarf bard (planned to be pure 20 bard) i was aiming for dualwielding dwarfaxes but the feats i want to have will not be enough so i was thinking of making him in to a THF instead of TWF.
So does anyone have any input/experiances with/on Bards THF.'

Should i stick with TWF as i planned or is the THF line a some what viable option?

Feats i want to have: PA, weapon specialzation, extend, otwf, twf, imp-twf, greater-twf and thougness.

As you see there is one to many for pure bard so i thought thf, imp-thf and greater-thf.

« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2010 at 12:11am by Swedishchef »  

IP Logged

Raincloud
Waterworks Kobold

Re: Bards and THF
Reply #1 - Dec 9th, 2010 at 12:57am
Print Post  
1. go warchanter

2. downplay charisma and up the str and con

I have multiclass THF bard with 2 levels barbarian. My spells are haste, gh, expeditious retreat, blur, displacement, and cure spells. She is only lvl 16 but rocks 400 hp unbuffed and enough buffs for myself and the party.

IP Logged

Swedishchef
Dragon Raider

Reply #2 - Dec 9th, 2010 at 6:04am
Print Post  
Raincloud wrote on Dec 9th, 2010 at 12:57am:
1. go warchanter

2. downplay charisma and up the str and con

I have multiclass THF bard with 2 levels barbarian. My spells are haste, gh, expeditious retreat, blur, displacement, and cure spells. She is only lvl 16 but rocks 400 hp unbuffed and enough buffs for myself and the party.

1 i know Cheesy

2 Obviously

Smiley Barb lvls are cheating.

Ty for the input thou.

IP Logged

Sirea
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Dec 9th, 2010 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
I have a THF Warchanter that was dwarf until I TR'd her as a half-orc. Taking two levels of rogue for evasion this time around. I only had room for one THF feat the first time around and I don't think I'll be taking any of them this life.

On a 32-pt dwarf you could go 18 STR 18 CON 12 CHA and dump everything else, or lower CON to 16 and have 4 points to splash into other things (INT for skill points, WIS for will saves, w/e). You need Weapon Focus and Power Attack for Warchanter, obv., and I'd take Toughness, Imp. Crit, Extend and Quicken. That leaves you one feat to do w/e with, for example SF:UMD to make up for your lower CHA or a THF feat. THF feats are less essential to a THF build than TWF feats are to a TWF build, so you can afford to go without them, IMO.

As far as gear, just gear more like a melee character than a caster (Tharne's, Bloodstone, etc.). My WC has the Epic Antique Greataxe with the Heaven's Light augment and it's a pretty sick weapon if you don't want to go the GS route.

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Dec 9th, 2010 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
Don't go THF just because of OTWF.  You don't need it.

I notice you didn't include improved crit.  Is this because you plan to stick to MinIIs?  Otherwise, you might consider dropping Extend for ICrit, or going Human.

THF is a good choice if you want to spend a feat or two on better healing, since the THF feats are less important to DPS than the TWF feats.  If you're not going for better healing, however, I'd say stick to TWF.

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #5 - Dec 10th, 2010 at 1:48am
Print Post  
One day if i wasnt lazy i would post Music's build, but that requires work....

Gonna be reinc him soon. Should be able to hit 760~hp and like 60~strgth and still be able to umd scrolls and fasc epic mobs  Cheesy

Quote:
Breaken's just a weird asshole, divorcced and pathetically marvelling at talk of sex.  That guy is fucked IMHO. People I really don't like here list is small.  Not that you or anyone should care, but for me it is Calvet, because he's stupid in a bitchy drama way, and Breaken, but he is a liar and a blunt, inelegant angry guy

IP Logged

Swedishchef
Dragon Raider

Reply #6 - Dec 10th, 2010 at 3:07am
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Dec 9th, 2010 at 2:46pm:
Don't go THF just because of OTWF.  You don't need it.

I notice you didn't include improved crit.  Is this because you plan to stick to MinIIs?  Otherwise, you might consider dropping Extend for ICrit, or going Human.

THF is a good choice if you want to spend a feat or two on better healing, since the THF feats are less important to DPS than the TWF feats.  If you're not going for better healing, however, I'd say stick to TWF.

Yeah i was thinking that (on the otwf since i get the axe enhancement from dorf and +2 to hit anyway). Yes to min II even on GA and only eSoS if i can get the damn sword anytime soon Cheesy
I am only going to some specc him for some self healing (itīs not like heīs going to have evasi0on and survivability for soloing elite end game anyway) so only sup dev V ring and rest is the standard raid/greensteal stuff.
« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2010 at 3:08am by Swedishchef »  

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #7 - Dec 11th, 2010 at 12:25am
Print Post  
I have a THF warchanter 16 bard/4 fighter.

Planning to TR her through a few past lives for other effects but I've been thinking on a final build with her as a dwarf warchanter 18/2 fighter.  Having a +2 to hit with Daxes and Great axes is something I've been considering.

I have also been thinking on staying human and using kopeshes but I have a pesh user and gearing up is a bit difficult.  That human versitility is nice though with the different boosts.  +5 is real nice but it is only for 20 seconds and you only have 5 uses unless you have a lesser boost item. 

Haven't decided which is better.

THF is nice with glancing blows but you have to plant your feet in one spot to get them.  I loved that line when it still worked while moving.  It still pisses me off that they changed the feats to not work while moving.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

(.)
Waterworks Kobold

Ebading a van XD

Reply #8 - Jun 29th, 2017 at 4:53pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint