Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Haflings (Read 7925 times)
Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Haflings
Jan 24th, 2011 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
What are people doing with them nowadays?

I was considerign a 12 ftr 6 N 2 rog something or other.

Maybe 6 barb. Or ranger.

Tempest got a huge nerf I've heard.

This is a throw down...a show down...

IP Logged

Nuic
DQ Assaulter

OMEGALUL

Re: Haflings
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
Gornn wrote on Jan 24th, 2011 at 12:28pm:
What are people doing with them nowadays?

I was considerign a 12 ftr 6 N 2 rog something or other.

Maybe 6 barb. Or ranger.

Tempest got a huge nerf I've heard.

ranger did, no double strike for tier 1 anymore, it's a 10% competence attack speed boost, just do this: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=243380 scroll to the bottom and change it to halfling, not really hard to convert
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2011 at 11:58pm by Nuic »  

IP Logged

Vissarion
DQ Assaulter

Reply #2 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
Nuic wrote on Jan 24th, 2011 at 1:17pm:
ranger did, no double strike for tier 1 anymore, it's a 10% compotence attack speed boost, just do this: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=243380 scroll to the bottom and change it to halfling, not really hard to convert

O_o

Tier One of Tempest never had double strike. It had the +10% competence boost to attack speed. It's the attack speed boost that was nerfed, as it was changed to +10% to offhand proc chance.

To to OP: Barb is probably the best choice. Really would just make it a Blitz shell for a Halfling. Not as ubersauce as a Half Orc DPS-wise, but amusing in a make-the-min-maxers-heads-explode way. Tongue

Theologians don't know nothin' about my soul

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #3 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Nuic wrote on Jan 24th, 2011 at 1:17pm:
compotence

Really??

Who the fuck is your English teacher? Tell me so I can have him/her shot.

It's spelled competence chucklehead and it's also something you had better get if you want to get anywhere in the world.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Nuic
DQ Assaulter

OMEGALUL

Reply #4 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jan 24th, 2011 at 6:45pm:
Really??

It's spelled competence chucklehead and it's also something you had better get if you want to get anywhere in the world.

my apologies I was getting potency and competence confused, I suppose you  do not want my help then
Vissarion wrote on Jan 24th, 2011 at 4:51pm:
O_o

Tier One of Tempest never had double strike. It had the +10% competence boost to attack speed. It's the attack speed boost that was nerfed, as it was changed to +10% to offhand proc chance.

To to OP: Barb is probably the best choice. Really would just make it a Blitz shell for a Halfling. Not as ubersauce as a Half Orc DPS-wise, but amusing in a make-the-min-maxers-heads-explode way. Tongue

maybe I was thinking of something else then because that nerf wasnt recent I think....
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2011 at 12:01am by Nuic »  

IP Logged

Illiterate
Titan Demolisher

Yataaaa

Reply #5 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 7:54am
Print Post  
Make a halfling pure fighter with a Tower Shield and Improved Shield Bash, Improved Shield Mastery, Improved Critical Bludgeon and Weapon Focus Bludgeon.

IP Logged

Uhgungawa
King of the Vault

Life sucks, but she won't

Reply #6 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 8:44am
Print Post  
Dex based Frenzied Barbarian Halfling Thrower  Cool

When I think about me, I touch myself . Psst. Canada Sucks                

IP Logged

Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Reply #7 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 9:40am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jan 24th, 2011 at 6:45pm:
Really??

ugh.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #8 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 10:22am
Print Post  
I recently capped a 12ftr/6pal/2monk halfling with the healing dragon marks. There were some sketchy levels where to-hit sucked, but doing fine now. 498 hps without a greensteel hp item. Building Khops and will tr eventually.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Reply #9 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Yeah I'll prolly turn my halfling into a rogue ftr bbn rog dual khop wielder.

Could be fun.

I considered some of the dragon marks though. Can you use them while raging? I doubt it.
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2011 at 11:21am by Gornn »  

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #10 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Gornn wrote on Jan 25th, 2011 at 11:20am:
Yeah I'll prolly turn my halfling into a rogue ftr bbn rog dual khop wielder.

Could be fun.

I considered some of the dragon marks though. Can you use them while raging? I doubt it.

I dunno, but I guess not. I haven't pulled madstones yet to try it with that type of rage. I am leaning 70% to TR into a pure HO rogue assassin with this guy. 30% chance on HO blitz build. I dunno. I have so many TR's to do.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Reply #11 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 11:33am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 25th, 2011 at 11:23am:
I dunno, but I guess not. I haven't pulled madstones yet to try it with that type of rage. I am leaning 70% to TR into a pure HO rogue assassin with this guy. 30% chance on HO blitz build. I dunno. I have so many TR's to do.

TRs make my Gornnies Shrivel up into my pelvis and cry.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #12 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Gornn wrote on Jan 25th, 2011 at 11:33am:
TRs make my Gornnies Shrivel up into my pelvis and cry.

I was the same way, but I bit the bullet and TR'd Greenis. I equipped my GS weapons for the first time yesterday. Went on to three man Tempest Spine, Wiz King, and Elite Von 1-4. Faster than I ever have before with full groups. DPS is sick. From what I understand, and experienced so far, 1st time TRs aren't that bad.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #13 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 25th, 2011 at 12:01pm:
I was the same way, but I bit the bullet and TR'd Greenis. I equipped my GS weapons for the first time yesterday. Went on to three man Tempest Spine, Wiz King, and Elite Von 1-4. Faster than I ever have before with full groups. DPS is sick. From what I understand, and experienced so far, 1st time TRs aren't that bad.

They aren't and the TR bank is like Christmas morning every time you level.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Reply #14 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 25th, 2011 at 12:01pm:

My problem is I don't know those high xp quests enough to rock out with my block out.

I can't run Monastery 12 times in 120 minutes. Shit like that.

I suppose it's finding the right people to play with, but thats the trick in the end.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #15 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jan 25th, 2011 at 12:04pm:
They aren't and the TR bank is like Christmas morning every time you level.

Rocking 2 litII and 2 minII d axes at level 12... mmmmm, tasty. I just wish I had made a litII bow.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #16 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
Gornn wrote on Jan 25th, 2011 at 12:04pm:
My problem is I don't know those high xp quests enough to rock out with my block out.

I can't run Monastery 12 times in 120 minutes. Shit like that.

I suppose it's finding the right people to play with, but thats the trick in the end.

Honestly, unless you are in a super hurry to recap you don't need to go farm crazy to cap a single TR.  When I ran my first back up I just had a basic plan, no GH till 15, no Vale till 17, Farm Dels., bloody,  Shadow, Desert, VoN3 and Nec4 (Vol and Fleshmakers).  Outside of that I just ran what I felt like pretty much and capped easy.  Ended up with a lot of XP still left on the table.

It took about a month and a half and I was running a full raid schedule and epics on my other capped characters.
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2011 at 12:13pm by Eladiun »  

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #17 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 25th, 2011 at 12:06pm:
Rocking 2 litII and 2 minII d axes at level 12... mmmmm, tasty. I just wish I had made a litII bow.

The TR bank was the hardest part about banking levels.  Damn, if I just took the level I would have...

Quote:

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #18 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jan 25th, 2011 at 12:12pm:
Honestly, unless you are in a super hurry to recap you don't need to go farm crazy to cap a single TR.  When I ran my first back up I just had a basic plan, no GH till 15, no Vale till 17, Farm Dels. Shadow, Desert, VoN3 and Nec4 (Vol and Fleshmakers).  Outside of that I just ran what I felt like pretty much and capped easy.  Ended up with a lot of XP still left on the table.

It took about a month and a half and I was running a full raid schedule and epics on my other capped characters.

I Tr'd Dec 27th. I got Greenis to lvl 6 pretty quick and then started doing other things. Messed around and got him to lvl 8.  Ran the hell out of shadow crypt and got to 10 this weekend. Farmed Von 3 and did all the von's through elite. 1 run of wiz king and I am just about lvl 13. If I just run Grennis this week, I will be in shroud this weekend.

I am guessing once you take lvl 17 yo can run whatever, with whoever and not take a big xp hit.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #19 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 25th, 2011 at 12:17pm:
I am guessing once you take lvl 17 yo can run whatever, with whoever and not take a big xp hit.

Pretty much...  I was overly cautious on my first set of Vale Normal runs on what levels where in to avoid any penalties but it proved unnecessary.   I actually think I started the Vale at 16 because Sisster threatened to stab me if I made her do anymore Gianthold.

If you are hitting 13 bang out some of the new Lordsmarch stuff...nice XP and it fills a XP hole.  Fun quests and good loot too..  No ML +4 Items for the next TR...

Quote:

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #20 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jan 25th, 2011 at 12:24pm:
Pretty much...  I was overly cautious on my first set of Vale Normal runs on what levels where in to avoid any penalties but it proved unnecessary.   I actually think I started the Vale at 16 because Sisster threatened to stab me if I made her do anymore Gianthold.

If you are hitting 13 bang out some of the new Lordsmarch stuff...nice XP and it fills a XP hole.  Fun quests and good loot too..  No ML +4 Items for the next TR...

I used three items from the chrono raid until I got my GS out. The extra damage from the charges gauntlets was niiicccee.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Reply #21 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
I wonder how they coded the dragonmark because it passes a Beholder's antimagic aura. I love standing looking at a beholder and healing people on my halfling cleric.

With the above fact it may just be usable when raged.

EDITED: to remove quote that was not needed
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2011 at 12:58pm by Flint »  

IP Logged

Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Reply #22 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
As for the OP, I probably drive the min max crowd the most insane with my army. I am currently starting to round it out to have a Halfling pure build of each class.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #23 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Nuic wrote on Jan 24th, 2011 at 11:59pm:
my apologies I was getting potency and competence confused, I suppose you  do not want my help then

Not sure what help you're referring to but I just wanted to say sorry for jumping down your throat like that. I was having a bad day.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Reply #24 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jan 25th, 2011 at 1:34pm:
Not sure what help you're referring to but I just wanted to say sorry for jumping down your throat like that.  I was having a bad day.

And of course mocking people's spelling and grammar is a stupid way to insult them, anyway.

Win.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint