Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) How are the other servers doing at end game? (Read 26957 times)
Nick_robinsonchia
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

How are the other servers doing at end game?
Jan 30th, 2011 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Argos suffering. Between this recent lull, Tr's, attrition and rise of the fucking noobs getting strong concentrated groups are few and far between. Retards abound. Player skill has gone way down. The channels have gotten relaxed and are mildly pathetic. I saw a 'monastery - healer caster pls' the other day in channel and it nearly made me choke in disgust.

Fortunately I have a good 13 or so peeps outside of guild who I can count on to do the same shit I wanna do and at the pace I wanna do them at. However when they arnt on or we are all split up Im more inclined to just log off rather than teach people who should know by now how to do shit.

Is my experience on argo similar to anyone elses on other servers? I know im not alone...theres a lot of the old timers who cant beleive how shit the playerbase as gotten.

N

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Re: How are the other servers doing at end game?
Reply #1 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
We're rockin' the fuck out on Khyber.  Sorry you guys suck ass so much.  Smiley

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #2 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 1:57pm
Print Post  

On Khyber, if you're not rolling with a guild or with friends, you've got maybe a 50/50 chance at completion, at best.

The playerbase has indeed turned to shit.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #3 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Belwaar wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 1:56pm:
We're rockin' the fuck out on Khyber.  Sorry you guys suck ass so much.  Smiley

Yes

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

biggin
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
We were having some of the same problems on Thelanis, but some steps were made to head it off. Legion actually put together a Guild Conglomeration with a bunch of freelancers. Now end game raid/epics are getting filled in minutes and they are constantly popping up. I would strongly suggest the top guilds on your servers give it a try. Yes, it's basically just another channel, but seems to be working quite well for us. You can check out the comments on the Thelanis forums.

IP Logged

Nick_robinsonchia
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
biggin wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 2:01pm:
We were having some of the same problems on Thelanis, but some steps were made to head it off. Legion actually put together a Guild Conglomeration with a bunch of freelancers. Now end game raid/epics are getting filled in minutes and they are constantly popping up. I would strongly suggest the top guilds on your servers give it a try. Yes, it's basically just another channel, but seems to be working quite well for us. You can check out the comments on the Thelanis forums.

Il check it out. Truth be told there arnt that many top guilds on argo anymore but we will see.Cheers

N

IP Logged

whatshisface
Waterworks Kobold

Chicks with dex represent!

Reply #6 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Khyber is fighting lag more than anything lately.

Chicks with dex represent!

IP Logged

Milton
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 1:57pm:
On Khyber, if you're not rolling with a guild or with friends, you've got maybe a 50/50 chance at completion, at best.

The playerbase has indeed turned to shit.

I've been running in PUGs since I got back last summer... I'd call the completion rates for pugs as follows:

Reavers - 100%
Shroud - 95-99%
Hound - 90-94%
VoD - 95-99%
ToD - 90-94% (fails here always on part 2, which usually leads to a quick reform and completion)
Epic Dragon - 85-89% (was probably around 50% when i first got back, but its definately improved since then)
Epic DQ - 95-99%

Epic Chronoscope - no idea really... sometimes this raid goes extremely well and smooth... most other times though its a horrible mess.
Abbot - No comment ...

IP Logged

Pallai
Stormreaver Piker

Keeper of the Rangersauce

Reply #8 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
You know, Nick- I'm interested in a more thorough explanation, especially after seeing a similar stance in one of Jen's posts on the DDO forums.

Who exactly are we talking about here when vets say that the server and even the channels are full of noobs?  What defines "Elite" from average and substandard?

Admittedly, I do take some of these types of comments personally- without further clarification, I'm left with the impression that most vets thing "people who joined at Mod9" are noobs and will never be as good.  The vast majority seem to be as evidenced by my experience pugging, but that's my perspective- I'd like to hear yours.

It begs the question- if so many in channel are sub-standard, why were they accepted in the first place?

On the other hand, this is what I've noticed- many vets have become complacent players who expect completions, so they slack.  I've seen it in all-channel raids where vets don't remove curses, don't UMD res scrolls on Bards and Rogues in a pinch, run out of casting mats, and still build melee characters who have 350HP at cap.  I should not have to tell an '06 player to remove their fucking curse, and I should not have to hear that they didn't know they could use Guild pots when raging.

So... what defines Elite for you?  Is it "doesn't know the map in WW by heart" or is it "isn't able to 2 man Shroud"?  Is it "can't complete a Shroud in less than 25 minutes" or is it "doesn't have an Elite ToD completion"?

Please understand, I love you dearly- not trying to sound antagonistic, just trying to get a better understanding of where you are coming from.

Pallai, Ascent
Saraphima, Chennai, Northenstar, Chellai Nothing Personal
Argonessen

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #9 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
Pallai wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 2:22pm:
not trying to sound antagonistic

I can do this for you, if you like.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 2:24pm:

Do it do it do it

you won't

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #11 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Milton wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 2:22pm:
I've been running in PUGs since I got back last summer... I'd call the completion rates for pugs as follows:

Reavers - 100%
Shroud - 95-99%
Hound - 90-94%
VoD - 95-99%
ToD - 90-94% (fails here always on part 2, which usually leads to a quick reform and completion)
Epic Dragon - 85-89% (was probably around 50% when i first got back, but its definately improved since then)
Epic DQ - 95-99%

Epic Chronoscope - no idea really... sometimes this raid goes extremely well and smooth... most other times though its a horrible mess.
Abbot - No comment ...

Milton, those aren't random PUGs.  Those are PUGs you joined because you knew a person or two in there.  Let me pick 2-3 people I know and the rest of the group doesn't matter, ya know?

Right now, random PUGs have about a 5-10% chance of failing before they even step into the quest (never finish forming) - especially for raids like ToD - they can't get a cleric.

Admittedly, I'm known for seeking out train wrecks, so my viewpoint may be skewed a bit towards shitty PUGs.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #12 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
Nick plays at a level few achieve in this game. It takes planning and dedication to get to the edge of the endgame right now. I think you may need to realize Nick, that you are already surrounded by the best the server has to offer at any given moment. Its just the way it is mate, and you either come to terms with the skills your crew has at the moment, or take another vacation to whatever server you feel has the most potential right now.

Peace

~ Pure Life ~ Argonnessen ~

IP Logged

Pallai
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #13 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 2:24pm:

Sure, go nuts!

Even though we've not met, I can get a general idea of your personality via posts... you're like the Anti-Pallai, lol.  Kinda jealous, actually- I can't be un-diplomatic to save my life.

Pallai, Ascent
Argonessen

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #14 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Pallai wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 2:35pm:
Sure, go nuts!

Even though we've not met, I can get a general idea of your personality via posts... you're like the Anti-Pallai, lol.  Kinda jealous, actually- I can't be un-diplomatic to save my life.

his greenis is getting old and shriveled

oh snap !

~ Pure Life ~ Argonnessen ~

IP Logged

Zippo
Hooters

Ooooh what's this button
do?

Reply #15 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
Alekx wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 2:39pm:

oh snap !

I think Stainer is still ok yet.

IP Logged

Kiranselie
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
You know, Nick- I'm interested in a more thorough explanation, especially after seeing a similar stance in one of Jen's posts on the DDO forums.

Who exactly are we talking about here when vets say that the server and even the channels are full of noobs?  What defines "Elite" from average and substandard?

Admittedly, I do take some of these types of comments personally- without further clarification, I'm left with the impression that most vets thing "people who joined at Mod9" are noobs and will never be as good.  The vast majority seem to be as evidenced by my experience pugging, but that's my perspective- I'd like to hear yours.

It begs the question- if so many in channel are sub-standard, why were they accepted in the first place?

On the other hand, this is what I've noticed- many vets have become complacent players who expect completions, so they slack.  I've seen it in all-channel raids where vets don't remove curses, don't UMD res scrolls on Bards and Rogues in a pinch, run out of casting mats, and still build melee characters who have 350HP at cap.  I should not have to tell an '06 player to remove their fucking curse, and I should not have to hear that they didn't know they could use Guild pots when raging.

So... what defines Elite for you?  Is it "doesn't know the map in WW by heart" or is it "isn't able to 2 man Shroud"?  Is it "can't complete a Shroud in less than 25 minutes" or is it "doesn't have an Elite ToD completion"?

Please understand, I love you dearly- not trying to sound antagonistic, just trying to get a better understanding of where you are coming from.

It really doesnt have anything to do w/ your join date Pallai.  The simple fact is that I would call 10% of the channel "elite",  40% after that above average, w/ the rest either average or substandard.  The biggest problem as far as I can tell is that the majority of the "elite" players have left the game, got permabanned (Alex!), or got so burnt out that they barely play anymore.  I can name people all day long, Mhykke, Blah, Bandy,  Brenna, Nat, Most of Ransacked, Most of Tinted Faces, Most of Stormbringers etc etc etc.  Pretty much, and I can sympathize to the sentiments, the quality of players now will never match the standards some of us long time players have from back in the day.  Its more of a nostalgia thing than anything else.

We miss the days of being able to take the first 6-12 people that joined the group, regardless of class and rock the fuck out of anything in the game.

IP Logged

Shade
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Still about 99% completion rates on raids ive been leading, even with as many as 9 of the 12 players being unknown.

Just do some basic gear checks to ensure theres no complete noobs joining and it seems fine.

I am finding I have to explain things more slowly and more carefully tho compared to before I left.

And a few more complete morons who managed to get decent gear on the squelch list lately should improve my odds too.

The only failure i had lately was in 1 of the 4 dragons the other night..
Last one, so only alts left without ideal gear.. On my favored soul. I put what seemed like a pretty solid group of 4 guys on fire, but they just got wrecked fast, even destroyed the bridge and could not recover.

Same team on a 2nd attempt tho, with more explanation and a bit more careful and slower strategy and we did fine.

Lots of the newer players are bad as always, but a few are quite good.

Chronoscope seems like a spot that attracts a lot of the noobs tho. Lastnight I kicked a bard from the raid mid run for not singing songs (he lied and said he did, but I examined his buff lists, and not even he had them) or replying to voice or text chat at all. Was going to kick the wizard too for just being insanely slow at responding to buff requests, but he got the message after my warnings, still getting declined next run tho.

IP Logged

Nick_robinsonchia
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Hey missy yeah not directed at you - I like the way you act if you dont know something you ask and NEVER have to be told again. My issue is with the people who dont ask yet spout complete nonsence. Like ur question yesterday about the khopeshes was one of the first positive things that has happened (in my eyes) for a while in that channel. It was question - answer - new found knowledge as opposed to BS - EGO - nothing gained.

This is EXACTLY what im talking about. I dont care if you just joined or have played forever - when I say noob i dont mean new I mean stupid/dumb/ignorant/lazy/complacent and none of those have to do with join date. Maybe im not using the word correctly but when i see people dying in tod because of curses - well they are fucking noobs in my book.

Whats been bothering me mainly of late is attitude. Everyone wandering around with their ESOS thinking theyre a badass but then have to have the ideal makeup to do a simple shroud. Do you know what really ticks me off is seeing 3-4 people in am channel bitching about a shroud they are in and how its gonna be bad. My feeling is 3-4 people in am channel should be able to do the damn thing by themselves if need be on any class and at any level. This is what im talking about when I am comparing the old guard to the noobs. For example I could take myself and any two of jen, souless, ganak, midnight, dark, lando, cully, babs, smitus, milamber, ishy, bo alex (when not banned), mhyke blah, bandy,  etc etc and walk through that quest and it wouldnt matter if the other 9 people were playing on grease slides on the part one steps. I cannot say that of alot of the people in that channel now. And not only that but some of them have basic game mechanic knowledge wrong and give advice with absolute authority. I caught someone saying that cha/int affects spell pen the other day.

Edited out.

Eh its nothing so simple. When I think of elite players I think of my buddies who can jump in any quest with any party makeup and just make that shit happen and make it look simple. Im not interested in what gear they have or what theyve done but the way they play. Elite too me is fast. Really fucking fast. I can tell if someone is a great player in the first minute of a quest. Because they can keep up. Not how fast there mouth yaps but how fast there fingers move.  If i see a melee pounding on the same mob im pounding on hes money because hes where he needs to be. If they can keep up they are gold in my books If I see a caster out in front of me prepping the stuff that needs to be prepped - hes gold in my books because thats where I want my casters. Out in front zerging that shit playing aggresively.  Balance that pace with a great knowledge of the mechanics of the game that comes through in build decisions and equipment and that too me is elite.
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2011 at 3:04pm by Nick_robinsonchia »  

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #19 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Alekx wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 2:39pm:

oh snap !

Look here youngen

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Kiranselie wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 2:47pm:
We miss the days of being able to take the first 6-12 people that joined the group, regardless of class and rock the fuck out of anything in the game.

If you still can't do this then it sounds as if you have a personal problem. I still do this regularly, granted there are a few quests where I look for an ideal party make up ie ATDQ1, but the majority of the quests I accept the first 6/12. Perhaps you should examine what you're doing wrong rather than saying it's because all the vets left that you're unable to pull off completions with less than ideal party makeups.

IP Logged

Pallai
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #21 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Edited out, cause I took too long to type, lol.
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2011 at 3:12pm by Pallai »  

Pallai, Ascent
Argonessen

IP Logged

Nick_robinsonchia
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Alekx wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 2:34pm:
I think you may need to realize Nick, that you are already surrounded by the best the server has to offer at any given moment. Its just the way it is mate, and you either come to terms with the skills your crew has at the moment, or take another vacation to whatever server you feel has the most potential right now.

Peace

I thought about popping to thelanis khyber or ghallanda but ya knw what ive toured before and argo for better or worse is home. I love playing with the UB guys, id miss souless' bitching or bo's hillbilly expressions or ur rages. So instead of just leaving im trying to figure out how to fix the problem.

N

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Pallai wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 3:10pm:
That's part of why I'm asking.  Nick basically has "professional gaming" skills, if there ever were such a thing.  I can see why he and Jen enjoy playing with each other- they both have amazing twitch skills and reaction time.

Lately, I've been hearing several people I respect saying that AM is flooded with sub-standard players, it isn't how it used to be, etc, etc.  And it's always blamed on newer players, which I am with a September '09 join date.  The problem is that nobody ever names names or makes an attempt to define what constitutes "good enough".

Without that action, what I hear is just backdoor complaining- the channel doens't make itself elite.  If the old guard want it to remain elite, then they need to more carefully screen players, kick the ones that suck, or GTFO. 

Perhaps they should make their own channel/guild/whatever if this is what they desire. Whenever I'm unsatisfied with something I most certainly don't stick around it for very long, to me that makes no sense. Have you considered saying that? If not that it just seems to me that you're doing the same type of backdoor complaining that they are doing, imo

IP Logged

Nick_robinsonchia
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Kiranselie wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 2:47pm:
It really doesnt have anything to do w/ your join date Pallai.  The simple fact is that I would call 10% of the channel "elite",  40% after that above average, w/ the rest either average or substandard.  The biggest problem as far as I can tell is that the majority of the "elite" players have left the game, got permabanned (Alex!), or got so burnt out that they barely play anymore.  I can name people all day long, Mhykke, Blah, Bandy,  Brenna, Nat, Most of Ransacked, Most of Tinted Faces, Most of Stormbringers etc etc etc.  Pretty much, and I can sympathize to the sentiments, the quality of players now will never match the standards some of us long time players have from back in the day.  Its more of a nostalgia thing than anything else.

Pretty much my thoughts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
Send TopicPrint