Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) How are the other servers doing at end game? (Read 26942 times)
Nick_robinsonchia
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: How are the other servers doing at end game?
Reply #25 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 3:08pm:
If you still can't do this then it sounds as if you have a personal problem. I still do this regularly, granted there are a few quests where I look for an ideal party make up ie ATDQ1, but the majority of the quests I accept the first 6/12. Perhaps you should examine what you're doing wrong rather than saying it's because all the vets left that you're unable to pull off completions with less than ideal party makeups.

Yeah this would have been my style of reply to my complaining as well. The 'majority of quests' in a way isnt applicable - Bo and I arnt talking about shroud we are talking about adq1s, chains, multiple fast wizkings etc. Unless its peak time getting the right group togeather is a nightmare.

Edit: how do i multiquote here? would be alot easier.
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2011 at 3:23pm by Nick_robinsonchia »  

IP Logged

Pallai
Stormreaver Piker

Keeper of the Rangersauce

Reply #26 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Ah, ok- thank you all for the clarification.

That is actually right in line with my standards.  Nothing frustrates me more than being in channel ToDs and seeing people just standing there with auto-attack on and a giant curse above their heads.  Makes me want to scream. 

I enjoyed the Khopesh discussion- I learned a lot and was really glad that those who responded took the time to give me as much information as they did.

In regards to the ESoS wielders who need the ideal makeup for Shroud... yeah, that's just silly.  That's why I did that All-Cleric run- if 12 Clerics can beat down Harry, there's no excuse as to why you can't do it with the first 11 people, so long as there is communication.

I like thinking outside the box and trying things that people tell me can't be done.  The other day, I asked a friend if he wanted to come farm scrolls with me on my Bard in EVoN1.  Now, this is a 16/2/2 Warchanter, not a casting Bard.  Until she gets a cleansing item, she's stuck at 420 HP and has about 850 SP.

He was a bit hesitant, asking how we were going to do it if we had no arcane to Mass Hold.  I mean, he really did not expect us to get past the first mob. 

I was like- dude... get creative!  Yes, a Bard and a Rogue can farm epic scrolls, lol.  Round em up, fascinate them, single target dance and beat down with Earthgrab picks or Freezing Ice for the Auto crits.  Got two scrolls in those runs, too.  Smiley

Pallai, Ascent
Saraphima, Chennai, Northenstar, Chellai Nothing Personal
Argonessen

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Nick_robinsonchia wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 3:20pm:
Yeah this would have been my style of reply to my complaining as well. The 'majority of quests' in a way isnt applicable - Bo and I arnt talking about shroud we are talking about adq1s, chains, multiple fast wizkings etc. Unless its peak time getting the right group togeather is a nightmare.

Edit: how do i multiquote here? would be alot easier.

Let me just start this off by saying I probably don't possess the same level of skill that you do. I play on an entirely different server than you do and I haven't been playing for nearly as long however maybe it's not entirely the newbs fault for this style of play? A lot of it has to do with the vets whom seem to be incapable of teaching the "newbs" how to play the game. From what I've noticed whenever I run into the top end servers there seems to be very little discussion in party chat, they seem to be stand-offish, don't notice you when you perform to the peak of your abilities (why should they? Everything that's happening is going smooth whenever they're running a group) and almost expect you not to play very well, but don't you think that this sort of behavior is self actualizing?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that perhaps you shouldn't ask yourself what are other servers doing to deal with the shit players that are on the server, but rather what can I do to make the players on my server better.

And to answer your other question I don't think you can multi-quote on this forum.

IP Logged

Milton
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 2:32pm:
Milton, those aren't random PUGs.  Those are PUGs you joined because you knew a person or two in there.  Let me pick 2-3 people I know and the rest of the group doesn't matter, ya know?

I do this less than you'd think actually. Usually I just feel in the mood for something... and join the first group I see. As long as it doesn't have "No n00bs" or "Vets only" in the title, those i tend to avoid.

I do occasionally do this when I see a guildie that i've not grouped with before much or at all, since I want to get used to their play style.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Come back to Sarlona Nick. I need someone here who might actually out DPS me bitch.

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 4:03pm:
Come back to Sarlona Nick. I need someone here who might actually out DPS me bitch.

you mean like kithrag does?

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 4:06pm:
you mean like kithrag does?

Lol'd. I really need to craft some Min2s or something. BTW get on vent bitch!
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2011 at 4:11pm by Sergod »  

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #32 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Shade wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 2:59pm:
Chronoscope seems like a spot that attracts a lot of the noobs tho. Lastnight I kicked a bard from the raid mid run for not singing songs (he lied and said he did, but I examined his buff lists, and not even he had them) or replying to voice or text chat at all. Was going to kick the wizard too for just being insanely slow at responding to buff requests, but he got the message after my warnings, still getting declined next run tho.

Its a raid with no flagging lol. Badlass and I made a bard rage quit from a sins one night, guy refused to play any song besides the mana song, there is a SS of the conversation somewhere here.

Quote:
Breaken's just a weird asshole, divorcced and pathetically marvelling at talk of sex.  That guy is fucked IMHO. People I really don't like here list is small.  Not that you or anyone should care, but for me it is Calvet, because he's stupid in a bitchy drama way, and Breaken, but he is a liar and a blunt, inelegant angry guy

IP Logged

Cetus
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Well, as much as I tried avoiding it in the past- I've been starting to pug a couple raids here and there as I progress through my TR's as a way to find some substance out there. Theres lots of good players who understand the game mechanics who never got into the click and remain largely unknown. The problem is, you gotta go through a lotta shit to find the better players- and that can be irritating.

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
If you have the patience you can take maybe one person who listens, pays attention and does what they're told and learns stuff to get them to do exactly what you want them to do. So I've been mentored by some very good players - and whatever they tell me to go and get or how to do stuff I've gone off to do. And now they are happy to drag me into whatever they are doing as someone who can keep up and contribute. I wouldn't consider myself in their league, but I know that they prefer me over the average pug for shortmanning epics or window farming TR stuff.

Do that with say 3 or 4 people and get other good players to do it too and you have a resource you can tap for whatever. Combine that with a channel the way Legion have set up on Thelanis and you should have a reliable pool.

Also I've met some truly excellent players from the new stock (excluding myself in this description of course Smiley ) who come from other games - they have enough of a feel for MMOs and gaming that they pick up stuff quickly and within a short time are end gaming for epic gear and they get guilded by some of the top raiding guilds. It's a matter of finding them and friending. PvP or questing and just generally talking shit so you know what they're like.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #35 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
Milton wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 3:58pm:
I do this less than you'd think actually. Usually I just feel in the mood for something... and join the first group I see. As long as it doesn't have "No n00bs" or "Vets only" in the title, those i tend to avoid.

I do occasionally do this when I see a guildie that i've not grouped with before much or at all, since I want to get used to their play style.

I pretty much do the same thing -> see PUG, join.  There are a few I'll avoid just because of bad earlier experiences (xxDrizztxx, Fatherkline), but for the most part I'm not picky.  And I agree that most PUGs will complete.  Obviously, some will be smoother than others, but I don't think it's as bad as Strakeln says.  Maybe he attracts bad PUGs?

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Phreshphrute
HJASTE YOURSELF

Reply #36 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Nick_robinsonchia wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 3:13pm:
I thought about popping to thelanis khyber or ghallanda but ya knw what ive toured before and argo for better or worse is home. I love playing with the UB guys, id miss souless' bitching or bo's hillbilly expressions or ur rages. So instead of just leaving im trying to figure out how to fix the problem.

N

The problem I see on argo is trust. You can't even trust most of the fucktards in AM to not report you/ninja loot etc. I stopped running in that cesspool a while ago. I run almost exclusively in guild now. If I need to get something done its guild or nothing. I have a handful of friends on my friends list that I will hit up, but the channels are mostly shit. Everytime I read that tarsh its sombody asking someone else to start some shit so they can get their completion. Fuck that shit, if you want to get shit done, then start it up and don't expect someone to carry you to a completion.

If there are people in channels who can't lead any quest/raid in the game to a completion with appropriate gear/level, the need to get the fuck out. A channel run should carve up any quest quickly because everyone should know that shit.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
Come back to Khyber Nick!  Cheesy

Seriously though, PuGs are the devil now more than ever. It truely sucks now that I'm unguilded as well =P

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #38 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Come back to Khyber Nick!  Cheesy

Seriously though, PuGs are the devil now more than ever. It truely sucks now that I'm unguilded as well =P

They wouldn't suck so bad if you wouldn't jump off bridges in VoN6  Grin

-Waters

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 5:31pm:
They wouldn't suck so bad if you wouldn't jump off bridges in VoN6  Grin

Shit, which time?

IP Logged

Fasttaco
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
Orien's not too bad I say, though we do have occasional outbreaks of a Guild called Elite Brazil, which is filled 90% of players who don't understand a word your saying and mostly gimps.

Whenever I join a pug, I pray theres no elite brasil members, or no more then 1-2 max.  Undecided
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2011 at 5:36pm by Fasttaco »  

IP Logged

Philam
Waterworks Kobold

Hi welcome!

Reply #41 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
The game has taken a huge step back as far as quality of players.  I use to be the shittiest player on argo, now I dont even break the top 50!

Ph

AoK
Phortune/Phelin/Phaith/Phish/Phix

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #42 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Shit, which time?

That's my point.   Smiley

(j/k)
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2011 at 5:46pm by Schmoe »  

-Waters

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 5:46pm:
That's my point.   Smiley

(j/k)

I'm actually curious...can only remember falling off about twice. One was one of Digi's run, one was a mostly guild run WAY back...>.>

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #44 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm actually curious...can only remember falling off about twice. One was one of Digi's run, one was a mostly guild run WAY back...>.>

If you seriously want me to recall specifics at my advanced age, you need to re-evaluate your claim to lucidity.

-Waters

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #45 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 5:49pm:
If you seriously want me to recall specifics at my advanced age, you need to re-evaluate your claim to lucidity.

Maybe. Do it anyways  Grin

IP Logged

Not your Daddy
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
Philam wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 5:41pm:
The game has taken a huge step back as far as quality of players.  I use to be the shittiest player on argo, now I dont even break the top 50!

Ph

/signed

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #47 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Maybe. Do it anyways  Grin

Hmm.  It was fairly recent.  There were 12 people in the group, at least at first.  Somebody fell.  I thought it was you.  I could be wrong.

Good enough?

-Waters

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 5:57pm:
Hmm.  It was fairly recent.  There were 12 people in the group, at least at first.  Somebody fell.  I thought it was you.  I could be wrong.

Good enough?

Probably Digi's run then =P

IP Logged

pissedoffonArgo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
I stopped using the channels awhile back. Formed a static group with friends who play now. Am is full of drunken fuckin tards and hillbilly sheep shaggers lately. They are so fuckin caught up on their uber ego that they literally think their shit smells like flowers. But yet they fuckin suck so much that removing a curse in TOD is above and beyond them.

You got players running carnival and red fens who think they are great because they have one maybe two epic items. I am sorry but having a antique greataxe should not be the deciding factor on if you are in a elite channel. Any fucking tard with a wiz friend can get it. 

One of the last times i joined am channel i saw players begging for healers for a normal mindsunder.  I can't imagine it is much better recently. To tell you the truth i do not want to find out.

It's like you guys say. Once a player gets a Esos he thinks his build is da bomb. Fuckers do not even have one tod Completion or 2 shroud items and they think they are eligible for elite channels and epic grouping. Get fucking prepared a bit. You are a liability to the group if you are rushing into endgame.  Yeah it can be done no problem with minimal gear but  it takes a shitload longer. Most of us want to play and complete fast. not wait around for some  AM dipshit to figure out where E-wizking is and ask us for a share when he finally finds it and we are 3/4 done.

Most players at end game content are like the OP. Nick you got your group of homies, When they are not around or you are all off doing your own thing, you state you just log off. I think the same can be said for a bunch of us. We formed reliable groups of friends and run together. With zero fuckin exceptions when it comes to epic!!!

There are small pockets of players running around who do not join pugs, who are not in the channels because the channels went to shit. You want a change. You want better players. Eradicate the mentally retarded from the main end game channels. I mean shit dude. some of those low lives in there may be good players but they are a nuisance to group with and their stupidity and egos drive real end gamers away.

Somewhere along the line players adopted this attitude that in order to be a true end gamer you needed to be a asshole. This is what drives most away from the channels.

Fix the channels, make a new one or just stay grouped with your buddies. This is the only solution to end gaming on argo. A lot of end game players are still around. We never went anywhere! We just got sick of players who talk the talk but cannot walk the walk.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17
Send TopicPrint