Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) The Silver Host! A raid saver / Raid solo healer (Read 9403 times)
Cantcatchthe
Ex Member

Re: The Silver Host! A raid saver / Raid solo healer
Reply #25 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 8:45am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Apr 28th, 2011 at 3:40am:
Why not? I have no reason why not other then I have never needed it.  My concentration is in the low 60's.  Throw in dr, resists, protection, and absorption and my concentration is never broken.  Completely worthless on a sorc. 

For my cleric same deal.  Conc is never broken so BB lands just fine.  I typically cycle mass cures, I do not really use mass heal.  Might cost more sp wise, but I think you said it yourself right? If I am rich enough to never turn it off, I am rich enough to cycle mass cures which cast just fine. 

On my wizard I have considered taking it just because of all the metamagic reductions he has.  Just to boost the casting speed.

Anyways, my casters and cleric have no problem dumping their sp pool before the melee kill whatever it is.  This is an easily achieved feat without quicken.

I have no problem with the feat, perfectly fine choice.  I fail to see why  people see it as a must though.  Healed an elite ToD just fine without and edq, ev6.  Which pretty much sums the more difficult of the current endgame.  Which isn't saying much I know.

50 sp for a quickened full heal that will heal you up full. 4.26 mana back per hit
Means this build can fight monsters hitting him for 75.9388 dmg and break even mana regen / dmg per time hit. If you healed every time you hit one hp.  Now in reality you will heal at 100 hp or so It would be around 68 dmg.  This allows you to stand with the melees getting mass heals you throw on them anyway and getting sp back or stand in dot areas that do large amounts of dmg.

NOT to mention saving idiots that you miss by a split second without quicken.  I know you get them because I barely miss them with quicken occasionally.

Also I wanna see you kite tod on a healer without quicken without a fail rate.   A real tod run one healer will heal the other will kite if a arcane isn't in the party.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #26 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 9:48am
Print Post  
Quote:
50 sp for a quickened full heal that will heal you up full. 4.26 mana back per hit
Means this build can fight monsters hitting him for 75.9388 dmg and break even mana regen / dmg per time hit. If you healed every time you hit one hp.  Now in reality you will heal at 100 hp or so It would be around 68 dmg.  This allows you to stand with the melees getting mass heals you throw on them anyway and getting sp back or stand in dot areas that do large amounts of dmg.

NOT to mention saving idiots that you miss by a split second without quicken.  I know you get them because I barely miss them with quicken occasionally.

Also I wanna see you kite tod on a healer without quicken without a fail rate.   A real tod run one healer will heal the other will kite if a arcane isn't in the party. 

I think everyone knows this.  Anyways, kiting isn't hard.  I fail to see how you find it to be.  I often times do not even need to heal.  The fact you talk about kiting like you NEED to heal every time shows you are doing it wrong.  Time for you to go back to ToD kiting school.

EDIT: I bet you stick to only running around the pillars.   Grin
« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2011 at 10:02am by Epoch »  

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #27 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 10:33am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Apr 23rd, 2011 at 8:42am:
It is needed to maximize dps.  Quicken is needed to what?

Sorry Dev but you are just plain wrong here bud.

Quicken means faster casting in general, thus more DPS
« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2011 at 10:33am by Alekx »  

~ Pure Life ~ Argonnessen ~

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #28 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Alekx wrote on Apr 28th, 2011 at 10:33am:
Sorry Dev but you are just plain wrong here bud.

Quicken means faster casting in general, thus more DPS

I can dump my full sp bar before melees take down any named in the game.  I do not see the point of having it.  Then again, I pug a lot.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Cantcatchthe
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Apr 28th, 2011 at 9:48am:
I think everyone knows this.  Anyways, kiting isn't hard.  I fail to see how you find it to be.  I often times do not even need to heal.  The fact you talk about kiting like you NEED to heal every time shows you are doing it wrong.  Time for you to go back to ToD kiting school.

EDIT: I bet you stick to only running around the pillars.   Grin

Man I tank shadows at the bottom of the stairs
« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2011 at 12:36pm by »  

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #30 - Apr 29th, 2011 at 1:07am
Print Post  
Saw a suggestion on the DDO forums to take 2 wizard or sorcerer levels on a Cleric or FvS to get the +20% damage to physical and untyped damage from the start of the Force line.

That does not seem like a good tradeoff.

fnord

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Apr 29th, 2011 at 2:47am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Apr 28th, 2011 at 11:03am:
I can dump my full sp bar before melees take down any named in the game.  I do not see the point of having it.  Then again, I pug a lot.

i agree quicken is not needed if you run constantly with a good group of players who not only kill stuff fast, take little damage but also know how to keep agro off the healer. take that tod pre-quest (cant remember name, someone fill me in. its the one where you drop down pits to the next part and you fight in a circle in end room). most good parties are able to synchronise their timing and get out of the squares before the cursing blasts come in. in most parties (those before i left), its not uncommon for people to not time it for god knows wtf is the reason (unless guildies and friends) and fuck up the timing. in these instances i typically hit quicken up and then start to blade barrier it and let the idiots die. could i have done it w/o quicken? yes, but with quicken its pretty much no risk that i'll use up my sp before i kill the boss

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #32 - Apr 29th, 2011 at 3:47am
Print Post  
Quote:
Man I tank shadows at the bottom of the stairs

I would, but people on argo have become very closed minded and I hate hearing people freaking out.  You try to change one small thing and people start crying.  This is why it is sad ransacked died, we always did things different.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #33 - Apr 29th, 2011 at 3:48am
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Apr 29th, 2011 at 2:47am:
i agree quicken is not needed if you run constantly with a good group of players who not only kill stuff fast, take little damage but also know how to keep agro off the healer. take that tod pre-quest (cant remember name, someone fill me in. its the one where you drop down pits to the next part and you fight in a circle in end room). most good parties are able to synchronise their timing and get out of the squares before the cursing blasts come in. in most parties (those before i left), its not uncommon for people to not time it for god knows wtf is the reason (unless guildies and friends) and fuck up the timing. in these instances i typically hit quicken up and then start to blade barrier it and let the idiots die. could i have done it w/o quicken? yes, but with quicken its pretty much no risk that i'll use up my sp before i kill the boss

Err, I am bad with names so cannot help you there.  I just solo that quest on my cleric, faster then pugging it.  Sometimes, faster then taking people in channels depending on whos on.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #34 - Apr 29th, 2011 at 7:40am
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Apr 29th, 2011 at 2:47am:

A New Invasion.  And I agree Quicken is a crutch many use.  It's not a necessity but it certainly can come in handy and is a better choice than what most replace it with.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Asketes
Puppy Farmer

Perma

Reply #35 - Apr 29th, 2011 at 11:57am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Apr 29th, 2011 at 7:40am:
A New Invasion.  And I agree Quicken is a crutch many use.  It's not a necessity but it certainly can come in handy and is a better choice than what most replace it with.

I like my combat casting though Wink

IP Logged

(.)
Waterworks Kobold

Ebading a van XD

Reply #36 - Jun 29th, 2017 at 5:07pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint