Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic TR Ideas (Read 5824 times)
stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

TR Ideas
Jul 18th, 2011 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
I am considering TR'g a couple of my characters. One of them is Stainer, a lvl 20 dorf cleric. Not that this cleric PL helps any, but I considering doing some type of Arcane. I would like to stay pure class. I get a little confused when I start looking at all the feats/savants/ap choices. What is good build/guide to follow? I have ran up a WF Sorc, pre savants, so I am a little familiar with arcanes.

Pale Master looks interesting, but so do those Savants.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Invelios
VoD Slasher

Re: TR Ideas
Reply #1 - Jul 18th, 2011 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
For Savants, while leveling go Fire, for end game go Air or Ice.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #2 - Jul 18th, 2011 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
Invelios wrote on Jul 18th, 2011 at 3:55pm:
For Savants, while leveling go Fire, for end game go Air or Ice.

What about Acid? I heard that it was great until ~lvl 18.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #3 - Jul 18th, 2011 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
+1 Conjuration focus isn't terrible for a caster.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #4 - Jul 18th, 2011 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 18th, 2011 at 4:03pm:

True. I was considering making him a Cleric again, but after playing a couple of FvS, I don't think I can. Smiley The aura/burst and DI are nice, but FvS are more fun!

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #5 - Jul 18th, 2011 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 18th, 2011 at 4:03pm:

Especially a Cold or Acid Savant.  Niac's Cold Ray and Acidball are both Conjuration spells.  Not sure about the acid version of burning hands tho.  Melf's Acid Arrow is too, but there is no save anyway.

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

Invelios
VoD Slasher

Reply #6 - Jul 18th, 2011 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
Acid Blast is cool, but oozes are going to fuck ya up at lower levels.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jul 18th, 2011 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jul 18th, 2011 at 4:07pm:
True. I was considering making him a Cleric again, but after playing a couple of FvS, I don't think I can. Smiley The aura/burst and DI are nice, but FvS are more fun!

Clonk with stunning fist and lots of wisdom. I only have my FvS up to 14 and it is getting better, but my clonk remains way more fun for me.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Gornin
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 10:14am
Print Post  
I just capped an Ice Savant.

Didn't do the level as fire and change. Even a weakened fire wall and scorching ray against the skellies and cold mobs was effective and everything else just shatters.

Guildie was TRing his ranger and kept complaining that I was killing everything. Otiluks sphere is particulary fun, CoC for closer mobs and of course Polar ray is killer.

Have run with a few Air Savants and they seem particularly effective also. Ran SoS with me, a ranger, FS and 3 Air Savants. One of the fastest and smoothest I have ever run.
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2011 at 10:17am by »  

IP Logged

Phreshphrute
HJASTE YOURSELF

Reply #9 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 11:09am
Print Post  
My 2 cp on the subject is that if you want to invest a lot of time TRing you should go PM if you are just going to do TR 1 time then I suggest sorc. Ice or air is where you want to be for end game. The PM really requires A LOT of gear and at least 2 wizard past lives. Breaking SR in epics and against outsiders is pretty tough to do. So the question really is how many times do you want TR this toon? Also you can LR him a few times to change is PL.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #10 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 11:22am
Print Post  
Phreshphrute wrote on Jul 19th, 2011 at 11:09am:
My 2 cp on the subject is that if you want to invest a lot of time TRing you should go PM if you are just going to do TR 1 time then I suggest sorc. Ice or air is where you want to be for end game. The PM really requires A LOT of gear and at least 2 wizard past lives. Breaking SR in epics and against outsiders is pretty tough to do. So the question really is how many times do you want TR this toon? Also you can LR him a few times to change is PL.

I will trying my first multiple TR character soon, so I don't know if I have it in me to TR multiple times yet. So, prolly Sorc is the way do go then.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Phreshphrute
HJASTE YOURSELF

Reply #11 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 11:40am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jul 19th, 2011 at 11:22am:
I will trying my first multiple TR character soon, so I don't know if I have it in me to TR multiple times yet. So, prolly Sorc is the way do go then.

Yes.

As a sort of guage, I run XP pots on all of my TRs and I use 10-12 per life depending on class, xp weekend, etc. So for me that is roughly 60-72 hours of questing (probably closer to 70). I do not have a static group of people that I TR with and often resort to PUGs. So you can probably figure out how long it will take you to get one done in real time. I think the biggest key to expediting a TR is to skip twink gear (Voice, Abishai and Carnifex til GS), and be willing to grind a quest into the ground. It is much faster if you take 90 mins and get all of the xp out of Tear than if you do a Tear then a deleras and then a Gwylan's etc. Star's guide on the other forums is a pretty handy guide if you are interested in expediting the process.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #12 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
Pale Masters suck. I hate them and can't wait to TR away from Wizards completely...just one more Wiz life and I'm done with them for good.

Just a friendly FYI.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Chris79
Stormreaver Piker

Wanna a lollipop?

Reply #13 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 6:45am
Print Post  
Stainer, I TRed Pyrric, the fellow dorf cleric to a human PM and I like it. Nice self-sufficiency without having to be a WF. Then if (IF) I want to TR him again, will take sorc.

LeLoric's PM build guide on the 'other place' was useful information for me

-----------------------------------------------
Pyrric, Drilltex, Drilltor, Drillsworn - Khyber

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 10:55am
Print Post  
I've found Pale Master wiz/rog's to be really effective.  The key to leveling them very quickly is to be willing to chug sp pots as your sp pool will be pretty bad.  I'm not willing to do that so I often end up just leaning on necrotic touch/bolt and hoping for a con-opp proc or two to refresh my death aura.

They're tough as nails though and once you get in a few past lives you'll have the feats necessary to either go double-enchantment or single-enchantment + quicken (along with the wizard past life) if you go human.

The best part for me is that free extra xp you get from the traps.  Just a simple example, one of many when it comes to the multiple run grind...Kobold's New Ringleader gives 8% more xp for disabling the one fire trap.  It takes seconds and adds quite a bit of extra xp...almost as much as a cheap pot.

Traps really aren't dangerous when running stuff (especially solo) on normal but I look at them as breakables.  If you can easily 'ransack' them it's even more experience from the same quest...provided you have that rogue level.

Lastly, I'm a UMD junky.  If I'm going to go Pale Master instead of sorc I'd really start twitching about that sub-39 UMD.  It's not about me...obviously I can self-heal...but having a toon with Wand and Scroll Mastery that can't no-fail a heal scroll for the group makes me sad.
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2011 at 10:57am by Darkrok »  

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jul 31st, 2011 at 1:34am
Print Post  
I want to run through at least one and maybe three Wizard past lives on Akrites before I go back to Bard, and I think that Wiz/rog is pretty much going to have to be the way to go for me.  Being able to blow through a lot of at-level quests solo or with a hireling seems like it'd be nice, and I'm pretty sure those are all just going to be 'race to 20th' TRs anyway - I'd want to pretty much immediately go into the next life so that I can get away from those gimp arcanes and go back to being a Spellsinger.  Tongue 

In short, Wiz/rog is a pretty cool guy.  Eh disables teh traps and doesn't afraid of anything.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Aug 1st, 2011 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Jul 31st, 2011 at 1:34am:
I want to run through at least one and maybe three Wizard past lives on Akrites before I go back to Bard, and I think that Wiz/rog is pretty much going to have to be the way to go for me.  Being able to blow through a lot of at-level quests solo or with a hireling seems like it'd be nice, and I'm pretty sure those are all just going to be 'race to 20th' TRs anyway - I'd want to pretty much immediately go into the next life so that I can get away from those gimp arcanes and go back to being a Spellsinger.  Tongue 

In short, Wiz/rog is a pretty cool guy.  Eh disables teh traps and doesn't afraid of anything. 

Yeah, that's the thing that does it for me on pale master wiz/rog's...the fact that you can pretty much ignore all incoming attacks against you. Well, other than light-based damage.

The only downside is the small sp pool and that can be addressed with the right items and consumables.

IP Logged

Wizzly
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Sep 23rd, 2011 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
I love the idea of insightful reflexes + evasion coupled with traps ability, but I absolutely despise getting my spells two levels later.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Sep 23rd, 2011 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Now that I've TR'd Akrites into pure Wiz, I have to say that the best plan is to have an Artie as your TR buddy.  Tongue

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #19 - Sep 23rd, 2011 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Sep 23rd, 2011 at 12:38pm:
Now that I've TR'd Akrites into pure Wiz, I have to say that the best plan is to have an Artie as your TR buddy.  Tongue 

You get to pike the first ten levels, I get to pike the last ten.  Sounds like a sweet deal to me.

IP Logged

Saaluta
Vault Mistress

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Sep 30th, 2011 at 10:53am
Print Post  
I have to agree with you that FvS are more fun than clerics...if I ever TR Saaluta,my main and favor cap character, it will be as a FvS.  Sadly, after the first few days of an update, she just sits there forlorn.  Almost have my FvS Tabora to 3k favor, so may be TRing Saal soon...although that may cause a divide by zero error in the world as my favored soul will be the reason I can have favored souls, lol. 

But, as to your question about casters, no idea as I've never capped one, although I recently bought an extra slot and guildies/friends have suggested I try leveling a caster again....so will probably be building a caster soon...but not sure if WF wiz or sorc would be better for me... Smiley

Saal Smiley

Hello Darkness, my old friend!  It's nice to talk with you again!
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:30pm:
They don't just settle for shooting themselves in the foot. Turbine uses a repeating crossbow.

IP Logged

@i@
Dirty Sock

Evading a ban XD

Reply #21 - Jun 28th, 2017 at 6:17pm
Print Post  

Quote:
No dumbass, they're mediocre. Most of the people have about 6 int in real life and chew rather than playing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint