Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Argo economy ruined (Read 51761 times)
myddoexploit
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Argo economy ruined
Nov 13th, 2011 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
In case you don't know it there is a current exploit going on right now.

Have you been wondering why there is nothing on the AH? Why LDS went from 295-325kpp to 1.5million in a couple days? Why there is NO major pots, eberron dragonshards, no ingredients at all on the AH.

I blame Overeem for this. He was the first, I know it for a fact. He has taken me, many friends & guildies on runs down to the spider chest in Dr Rushmore's mansion to get the level 20 chest. I know for a fact he has looted over 10 +3 tomes (unbound, seen the links). Hundreds of major pots, eberron dragonshard, etc. His words: "I don't care if I get banned for a few days, a week, or even a month, which is the longest ban they give out apparently. I will be the richest person on the server I have stacks of plus +3s, pages of majors and bags of ingredents saved up, so who cares, I'll be back, and rich" I know you have started to move loot to bankers and free accounts.

Frankly if anyone deserves a perma ban it's you. I admit, you told me, and I tried it (once, really), it works. But OMG, aren't you worried about your toons? You have multiTRs going (as do I, which is why I refuse to do it). Whatever, it pisses me off that it was YOU who started all this crap, I actually enjoyed running with you, all those epics gone to waste. I bought +3 tomes in the DDO store (almost $50 for me), now I feel my money has been wasted cause you looted dozens in a couple days. Just great.

Here is the exploit for looting items:
1. put the supply chest in your bank
2. double click it
3. the chest loots, moves to your inventory
4. repeat
do it this way for loot/items

Here is the exploit for looting gold
1. put the supply chest in your bank
2. fill your inventory totally full with anything
3. double click the chest, you only get gold
4. repeat

Frankly I hope nobody does this, and if you do, you deserve to get perma banned. It's not right, not fair to the new players who need to buy stuff off the AH. The economy has been ruined for at least a year cause of this.
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2011 at 1:47pm by myddoexploit »  

IP Logged

SpiritBoy
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Argo economy ruined
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Braindead much?  Cheesy

DDO sucks, move along folks.
Nothing to see here.

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
myddoexploit wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 1:43pm:
The economy has been ruined for at least a year cause of this.

Yeah, just like it was with crystal cove.  Roll Eyes

Over was responsible for 'ruining' the economy of one server for a short period of time. You just extended the effect of this and spread it to other servers. Congrats.
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2011 at 2:27pm by apep »  

IP Logged

myddoexploit
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
apep wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 2:14pm:
Yeah, just like it was with crystal cove.  Roll Eyes

CC people had to actually work a bit at getting the gems to farm the wands.

This is 15 mins farm for 10billion plat. Sound the same to you?

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
myddoexploit wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 2:27pm:
CC people had to actually work a bit at getting the gems to farm the wands.

This is 15 mins farm for 10billion plat. Sound the same to you?

When it was limited to a few people, yes. But you just ruined that, didn't you?

IP Logged

myddoexploit
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
apep wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 2:28pm:
When it was limited to a few people, yes. But you just ruined that, didn't you?

Do you really think it is right that 100 people get 10billion in pp/items? Everyone should know about this.What if a newbie needs a LDS...is he going to be able to pay 2mil pp for it? No, of coarse not.Now the pp is fair game to everyone. The AH is empty, so item are not an issue now. Go farm +3 tomes from the exploit, why should the limited few get them?

IP Logged

myddoexploit
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
apep wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 2:14pm:
Over was responsible for 'ruining' the economy of one server for a short period of time. You just extended the effect of this and spread it to other servers. Congrats.

I am just leveling the playing field, not a hard concept, nor is why I did it.

IP Logged

qwerty1234
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
ITT: attention whores

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
Why you did it is a simple concept.

Why you shouldn't have done it is also a simple concept, but it seems you fail to grasp the basics of economics within this system.

Do you know why the fallback from crystal cove didn't last a year?

IP Logged

myddoexploit
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
apep wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 2:47pm:

Sentence fail, or ESL?

Let me guess, you are upset because you knew about the exploit and YOU don't want others to know about it, so you could be the ultra rich person on your server.
Gotcha

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #10 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
apep wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 2:47pm:

Cause Turbine introduced cannith crafting which was a decent (bug ridden) plat sink while people leveled up?
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2011 at 2:57pm by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
myddoexploit wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 2:54pm:
Sentence fail, or ESL?

Let me guess, you are upset because you knew about the exploit and YOU don't want others to know about it, so you could be the ultra rich person on your server.
Gotcha

I know of it, but am not using it. You seem to be angry at Overeem. This appears to be your way of lashing out at him.

You seemed to have dropped the whole economic issue. My bet is you'll drop the psychological one, too.

In response to the grammar insult, the answer is local slang. I find it interesting that the one that is constantly using sentence fragments chose to point out the use of a non-existent word as 'sentence fail'.
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2011 at 3:04pm by apep »  

IP Logged

Overeem
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
first off go fuck yourself

I don't have any toons with blue bars so I haven't kept any majors, i havent bought any shroud ingred's off the ah besides some funk and I wont have "bags" of ingreds saved up. and I have spent over $70 on +3 tomes. I play a premium account and i have bought and paid for all of the packs

I have never said I will be the richest person on the server. I don't have alt accounts and I have no intention of making any. whatever fucked up notion you have about me is wrong. as much as i know it was wrong of me to exploit I feel like the real injustice is the fact that the game relies on consumables to make up for the server side lag. How many raids have you been in that have wiped because the healers were not able to get off any spells?

The only thing I'm planning on using my tomes for is tring

If you are going make posts about me don't be a bitch and create a new account to do it off of.

IP Logged

myddoexploit
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
apep wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 3:00pm:
You seemed to have dropped the whole economic issue. My bet is you'll drop the psychological one, too.

The economic issue? Isn't it clear to everyone the economic repercussions?
Everyone can see what this means for us, I don't need to keep beating a dead horse.

You are the one who seem upset that this info is out there for all to read, so everyone can have plat to buy things, and not have a few control the prices for the next few months.

IP Logged

myddoexploit
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Overeem wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 3:03pm:
I have never said I will be the richest person on the server. I don't have alt accounts and I have no intention of making any. whatever fucked up notion you have about me is wrong.

YOU HAVE: in guild chat!

IP Logged

Overeem
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
and on a side note  it was never about the +3 tomes for me. I was pulling some pretty beast wraps from those chests

IP Logged

Overeem
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Seeing as i haven't said anything about this in guild chat. you are straight up pulling notions out of your ass and trying to pass them as facts

and i have never tried hiding this bug, l have told literally everyone i know. if i was trying to hide this, why would i have i told you about it? whoever you are
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2011 at 3:19pm by Overeem »  

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
myddoexploit wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 3:06pm:
The economic issue? Isn't it clear to everyone the economic repercussions?
Everyone can see what this means for us, I don't need to keep beating a dead horse.

You are the one who seem upset that this info is out there for all to read, so everyone can have plat to buy things, and not have a few control the prices for the next few months.

Plat is meaningless at this point. That is the repercussion. Note the 'at this point' clause. The more plat that is distributed through this, the longer it stays. The few people that know of this have a limited amount of plat that they can carry and a limited amount of things they can buy on the ah. The ah earnings are rather insignificant, as well. The total value of the items on the ah will be earned back very quickly.

The people using this likely aren't stupid enough to prolong the economic issue. It would have gone away in a week because it was relatively unknown. Those with the large amounts of plat would have wanted to get the best of that remaining plat once their source was cut off, bringing the economy [almost] back to normal. With everybody knowing about the exploit, there is more plat in the market and, more importantly, everyone knows that there's more plat in the market.

If you wanted it fixed without the economic problems, you would have discreetly reported it. You're just angry. At Over and at anyone that disagrees with your opinion.

Again, I'm not using the exploit. I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole. The main reason being that it wasn't wide-spread. The more common it becomes, the less likely individuals will be banned for it.

IP Logged

myddoexploit
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Sigh, right man.
I can't believe gith hasn't kicked you out yet to be honest, you are giving IA a bad name.

What did you say? Everyone is doing it, Turbine can't ban half the server.
or along those lines at least.

IP Logged

myddoexploit
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
Okay, I am out of this discussion.
Word is out, that is all I care about.

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
myddoexploit wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 3:19pm:
Sigh, right man.
I can't believe gith hasn't kicked you out yet to be honest, you are giving IA a bad name.

What did you say? Everyone is doing it, Turbine can't ban half the server.
or along those lines at least.

I'll agree that the use of this exploit isn't right, but your arguments are just amusing.

The one technically giving IA a bad name is the one publicly condemning them (you).

The one that caused half the server to know about this is also you.

IP Logged

Overeem
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
whats even better is i ruined argo economy then this dude came along and ruined every other server's economy

IP Logged

Torgal
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
This exploit is probably also causing all the lag that is going on.  Keeping the database servers busy pulling stuff in and out of the bank and creating items.  Get a few hundred people doing this continuously could easily bog the DB down.

Vordax

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
A few hundred people would only know about it because of this thread. The exploit was found a couple days ago and it wasn't common information when I checked around last night. The lag is probably just the same lag as always, perhaps with a bit of help from this.

IP Logged

Githy
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
how our why did my name even get thrown into this, if there are repercussions from turbine because of this then the people who did it will suffer the consequences. as far as the economy being ruined who cares about plat most the time.  Really this is a lame post and some 1 just got butt hurt they didnt discover this and hoard the info to themselves. IMO

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Send TopicPrint