Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Argo economy ruined (Read 51803 times)
NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Re: Argo economy ruined
Reply #50 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 8:03am
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Nov 14th, 2011 at 7:44am:
Probably end up banning everyone that opened a challenge chest at all, legitimately or not Cheesy

Thank god I never took a step inot the challeges then.............. hmm besides banning imagine if they took all their *gains* away from them and banned them as well? Could it be possible?

IP Logged

Razcar
Dragon Raider

Jag Älskar Drama!

Reply #51 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 8:24am
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Nov 14th, 2011 at 7:44am:
Probably end up banning everyone that opened a challenge chest at all, legitimately or not Cheesy

Shouldn't be too hard for them to write a little query that checks their databases for character loot activity over the weekend. But as usual people will likely get to keep their gains when they come back after their ban.

IP Logged

Heffty Smurf
Dragon Raider

Hi Welcome.....Fuck Tarrant

Reply #52 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 8:49am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 8:54pm:
1) if they're in the bank playing with treasure, they're going to be consuming fewer resources than people who are in the middle of a quest or raid, so I doubt that will contribute to lag.

2) Why the fuck do exploits have to be revealed when I'm unavailable?  I promised my wife that I'd watch Hunt for Red October with her after we got back from picking up the kids and then we're going to bed.  An exploit couldn't be revealed when my wife is traveling for work just once?

The Hunt For Red October???? holy shit Doesnt the video store near you carry any movies from the 2000's or even mid to late 90's???? Smiley

I'm pretty sure you care more than I do.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #53 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 8:54am
Print Post  
Heffty Smurf wrote on Nov 14th, 2011 at 8:49am:
The Hunt For Red October???? holy shit Doesnt the video store near you carry any movies from the 2000's or even mid to late 90's???? Smiley

Everyone has their guilty pleasure.  This one is hers and not mine.  Smiley

I had actually forgotten just how grainy and hard to watch that the movie was.  Also, Alec Baldwin used to be young once upon a time.  Weird.

fnord

IP Logged

Heffty Smurf
Dragon Raider

Hi Welcome.....Fuck Tarrant

Reply #54 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 9:12am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Nov 14th, 2011 at 8:54am:
Everyone has their guilty pleasure.  This one is hers and not mine.  Smiley

I had actually forgotten just how grainy and hard to watch that the movie was.  Also, Alec Baldwin used to be young once upon a time.  Weird.

lol

I'm pretty sure you care more than I do.

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #55 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 9:16am
Print Post  
In the interest of full disclosure, the post below was reported by SpiritBoy "For being god fucking stupid."

myddoexploit wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 1:43pm:
In case you don't know it there is a current exploit going on right now.

Have you been wondering why there is nothing on the AH? Why LDS went from 295-325kpp to 1.5million in a couple days? Why there is NO major pots, eberron dragonshards, no ingredients at all on the AH.

I blame Overeem for this. He was the first, I know it for a fact. He has taken me, many friends & guildies on runs down to the spider chest in Dr Rushmore's mansion to get the level 20 chest. I know for a fact he has looted over 10 +3 tomes (unbound, seen the links). Hundreds of major pots, eberron dragonshard, etc. His words: "I don't care if I get banned for a few days, a week, or even a month, which is the longest ban they give out apparently. I will be the richest person on the server I have stacks of plus +3s, pages of majors and bags of ingredents saved up, so who cares, I'll be back, and rich" I know you have started to move loot to bankers and free accounts.

Frankly if anyone deserves a perma ban it's you. I admit, you told me, and I tried it (once, really), it works. But OMG, aren't you worried about your toons? You have multiTRs going (as do I, which is why I refuse to do it). Whatever, it pisses me off that it was YOU who started all this crap, I actually enjoyed running with you, all those epics gone to waste. I bought +3 tomes in the DDO store (almost $50 for me), now I feel my money has been wasted cause you looted dozens in a couple days. Just great.

Here is the exploit for looting items:
1. put the supply chest in your bank
2. double click it
3. the chest loots, moves to your inventory
4. repeat
do it this way for loot/items

Here is the exploit for looting gold
1. put the supply chest in your bank
2. fill your inventory totally full with anything
3. double click the chest, you only get gold
4. repeat

Frankly I hope nobody does this, and if you do, you deserve to get perma banned. It's not right, not fair to the new players who need to buy stuff off the AH. The economy has been ruined for at least a year cause of this.

IP Logged

Landar
Waterworks Kobold

Cannith Crystal Epic!

Reply #56 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 9:22am
Print Post  
This thread did teach me what the "Loot Table" is for the new challenge quests.

I love how people can't seem to find +3 Tomes in Amrath/IQ/Epic Chests, but they're getting them out of these lame "Challenges".

Guess I know where I'll farm them nao...legitimately.  I don't much like vacations.

Festivius/Hobadash/Kiarnan/McPhail ~ Eternal Wrath
Aneist/Oshkosch/Dalzeil ~ Silent Accord
Sarlona

IP Logged

Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Reply #57 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 9:30am
Print Post  
Some birdie told me he had a sneaking suspicion OP and Overeem are one and the same.

This tactics often used. Leak the exploit on the last day. Turbine is less likely to punish or punish as harshly if more people have had a part.

Only person to know for sure is Stainer.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #58 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 9:36am
Print Post  
Sham wrote on Nov 14th, 2011 at 9:30am:
Some birdie told me he had a sneaking suspicion OP and Overeem are one and the same.

This tactics often used. Leak the exploit on the last day. Turbine is less likely to punish or punish as harshly if more people have had a part.

Only person to know for sure is Stainer.

Wow. Evil genious. I wouldn´t thought about that.

IP Logged

Overeem
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 11:19am
Print Post  
Quote:
Wow. Evil genious. I wouldn´t thought about that.

The sad part is I didn't think about it either till someone pointed it out to me :/

all I can say is I didn't throw myself under the bus and if I wanted everyone on all the servers to know i would have posted from this account.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #60 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Overeem wrote on Nov 14th, 2011 at 11:19am:
The sad part is I didn't think about it either till someone pointed it out to me :/

all I can say is I didn't throw myself under the bus and if I wanted everyone on all the servers to know i would have posted from this account.

Only the true Mesias denies to be the Mesias!!!!

IP Logged

dubyprime
Waterworks Kobold

Stainer scares me.

Reply #61 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
Expect another hotfix.  Exploit still works if you assumed Turbine would take the laziest programming solution possible to fixing the bug. 

Sometimes I just wish Turbine would ask us before hotfixing.  Save everyone the time and embarrassment of two hotfixes for the same exploit.

IP Logged

qwerty1234
Ex Member

Reply #62 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
So if the chest is already in your bank, you can continue exploiting, but no one new can start? That's actually the worst fix I think I've ever seen.

IP Logged

Saaluta
Vault Mistress

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
From what I've been told, it will work once for every exploited chest in bank, but after that no more...  So only limited amount of times will this work since hotfix this morning.

Saal Smiley

Hello Darkness, my old friend!  It's nice to talk with you again!
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:30pm:
They don't just settle for shooting themselves in the foot. Turbine uses a repeating crossbow.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #64 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
dubyprime wrote on Nov 14th, 2011 at 2:22pm:
Expect another hotfix.  Exploit still works if you assumed Turbine would take the laziest programming solution possible to fixing the bug. 

Sometimes I just wish Turbine would ask us before hotfixing.  Save everyone the time and embarrassment of two hotfixes for the same exploit.

Why couldn't they have written a script to pull them from banks and dump them into inventory or mail them to characters?

It is either stupidity or a trap. If the latter, anyone using this today could be gone for a long time.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

qwerty1234
Ex Member

Reply #65 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Saaluta wrote on Nov 14th, 2011 at 2:44pm:
From what I've been told, it will work once for every exploited chest in bank, but after that no more...  So only limited amount of times will this work since hotfix this morning.

Saal Smiley

Sure, for items, since that dumps the chest back into your inventory. But what about just using them for plat?

IP Logged

Anonysaurus Rex
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #66 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Did anyone get banned?

IP Logged

arkohighstar
Ex Member

Reply #67 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Nov 14th, 2011 at 2:45pm:
Why couldn't they have written a script to pull them from banks and dump them into inventory or mail them to characters?

It is either stupidity or a trap. If the latter, anyone using this today could be gone for a long time.

database scripts are extremely dangerous if not tested properly, given that they decided to do this over the weekend they probably went with the least invasive method, while safer it does leave them open to missing something that could result in continued abuse.

If you need an example of Turbine screwing up a script just look at the Mayban incident as an example of a poorly written process doing a lot of damage.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #68 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
Anonysaurus Rex wrote on Nov 14th, 2011 at 3:30pm:
Did anyone get banned?

Yes.  Was just in a VoD where people were talking about guildies getting a week's vacation.  Seems like a cheap price considering what they got to take away from the exploit.

fnord

IP Logged

Saaluta
Vault Mistress

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Sure, for items, since that dumps the chest back into your inventory. But what about just using them for plat?

Hmm..never asked him, didn't do it myself, so not sure. Will ask later Smiley

Saal Smiley

Hello Darkness, my old friend!  It's nice to talk with you again!
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:30pm:
They don't just settle for shooting themselves in the foot. Turbine uses a repeating crossbow.

IP Logged

dubyprime
Waterworks Kobold

Stainer scares me.

Reply #70 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
Works for items too if you know how to manage your inventory overflow cache.   I would be happy to show any turbine employee how this continues to work and test hotfixes on lam.   

I could care less if I get banned at this point.  One of the things I have always loved to do in every MMO I've played is buy/sell/trade.  I had over 20mil plat before Crystal Cove, and before this.   Ruining the economy takes a chunk of my enjoyment out of the game.  Sure its not the only thing, but a temporary ban while the economy settles will just give me more time to play skyrim.

IP Logged

dubyprime
Waterworks Kobold

Stainer scares me.

Reply #71 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
WOOT Just got banned. Thank you turbine.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #72 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Mama Mod Gawna can see your IP addresses and knows who the OP is!  Suck ittttttttt.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #73 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Mama Mod Gawna can see your IP addresses and knows who the OP is!  Suck ittttttttt.

Mama Mod? Do you wear an apron?

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #74 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
dubyprime wrote on Nov 14th, 2011 at 5:28pm:
WOOT Just got banned. Thank you turbine.

Details? Duration, reason given, will you lose the stuff, etc.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Send TopicPrint