Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Argo economy ruined (Read 51824 times)
apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Argo economy ruined
Reply #25 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Die Gith. That is all.

Edited:
Wait, that's not even Gith, but he did a very good job impersonating him.
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2011 at 5:32pm by apep »  

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #26 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Anonymous poster throwing blame at Overeem is lame.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #27 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 5:17pm:
Anonymous poster throwing blame at Overeem is lame.

He probably relies on overeem to carry him through quests so doesn't want to out himself.  Such is the way.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

myddoexploit
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
Overeem wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 4:10pm:
then this dude came along and ruined every other server's economy

In hindsight you are probably right, and I apologize to the other servers, if noone there had discovered this particular exploit yet.

I also apologize to you for calling you out specifically Over, it was I just see you bringing new people down there all the time, and am not happy to possibly see guildmates/friends get banned. 

IP Logged

Overeem
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 6:10pm:
He probably relies on overeem to carry him through quests so doesn't want to out himself.  Such is the way.

I know right. Angry the idea of a a faceless person wearing a mask to run up, kick me in the balls and then run off is slightly irritating. I don't even know who is trying to start drama with me

IP Logged

furbyoats
Stormreaver Piker

One stroke at a time...

Reply #30 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
I love how a rage post about the server's economy getting ruined includes precise steps on how to perform the exploit...BRILLIANT!

Ungood wrote on Jul 29th, 2011 at 2:17pm:
Queens don't have dicks.

Atenhotep wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:56am:
I spend every evening naked in a fetal position crying because my penis is so small.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #31 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
myddoexploit wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 3:19pm:
Sigh, right man.
I can't believe gith hasn't kicked you out yet to be honest, you are giving IA a bad name.

What did you say? Everyone is doing it, Turbine can't ban half the server.
or along those lines at least.

myddoexploit wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 6:52pm:
I also apologize to you for calling you out specifically Over, it was I just see you bringing new people down there all the time, and am not happy to possibly see guildmates/friends get banned. 

Dude.  (Or Dudette). 

Quit being such a two faced bitch about this.  Pick an opinion, and stand by it.  Waffling back and forth isn't making you (the anonymous coward) look like any less of a retarded fuckmonkey.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
Overeem wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 6:53pm:
I know right. Angry the idea of a a faceless person wearing a mask to run up, kick me in the balls and then run off is slightly irritating. I don't even know who is trying to start drama with me

So after ruining the economy, single-handedly lagging up the servers to a halt for the past week and basically shitting on the time and efforts people have put in to this game -

- now you're complaining about someone being irritating?

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #33 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
I don't really give a shit about all this. Money making antics will be absorbed in 6 months. But if this is causing the fucking stop motion lag I will find you and hurt you Sad

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #34 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 7:38pm:
I don't really give a shit about all this. Money making antics will be absorbed in 6 months. But if this is causing the fucking stop motion lag I will find you and hurt you Sad

Well, I'm not responsible for anything this time around.  But I'm pretty sure that I've at least helped cause severe server issues before.

When I was killing never ending spawns in DQ1 last year renown farming, if I was killing them with firewalls, everything was okay.  If I started adding in cloudkills on top of that, people started dropping like flies all over the server.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #35 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
Torgal wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 4:12pm:
This exploit is probably also causing all the lag that is going on.  Keeping the database servers busy pulling stuff in and out of the bank and creating items.  Get a few hundred people doing this continuously could easily bog the DB down.

Vordax

1) if they're in the bank playing with treasure, they're going to be consuming fewer resources than people who are in the middle of a quest or raid, so I doubt that will contribute to lag.

2) Why the fuck do exploits have to be revealed when I'm unavailable?  I promised my wife that I'd watch Hunt for Red October with her after we got back from picking up the kids and then we're going to bed.  An exploit couldn't be revealed when my wife is traveling for work just once?

fnord

IP Logged

furbyoats
Stormreaver Piker

One stroke at a time...

Reply #36 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 7:33pm:
So after ruining the economy, single-handedly lagging up the servers to a halt for the past week and basically shitting on the time and efforts people have put in to this game -

- now you're complaining about someone being irritating?

I doubt the seriousness of the lag comment...

Ungood wrote on Jul 29th, 2011 at 2:17pm:
Queens don't have dicks.

Atenhotep wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:56am:
I spend every evening naked in a fetal position crying because my penis is so small.

IP Logged

Overeem
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
furbyoats wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 9:56pm:
I doubt the seriousness of the lag comment...

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=343926 ; Cheesy

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #38 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2011 at 10:26pm by Osharan Tregarth »  

IP Logged

ZeroBoost
Titan Demolisher

res ipsa loquitur

Reply #39 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 10:30pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 8:54pm:
1) if they're in the bank playing with treasure, they're going to be consuming fewer resources than people who are in the middle of a quest or raid, so I doubt that will contribute to lag.

And you know this for a fact.   

You realize that there is lag every time you open chests, right?  Now imagine you could open a chest as fast as your mouse macro can click.  When opening a chest just once lags, how can you possibly think that opening a chest a million times doesn't? 

Now I realize correlation != causation, but you have to admit the timing is incredibly suspicious.  The lag has been all week, but it's been steady.  Today - someone posts an exploit in a public forum, my swings are taking 10+ seconds to even register.  We've had a huge jump in lag corresponding to the timing of this post.  Why?

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #41 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 1:03am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 11:49pm:
And you know this for a fact.   

You realize that there is lag every time you open chests, right?  Now imagine you could open a chest as fast as your mouse macro can click.  When opening a chest just once lags, how can you possibly think that opening a chest a million times doesn't? 

Now I realize correlation != causation, but you have to admit the timing is incredibly suspicious.  The lag has been all week, but it's been steady.  Today - someone posts an exploit in a public forum, my swings are taking 10+ seconds to even register.  We've had a huge jump in lag corresponding to the timing of this post.  Why? 

Probably because you need to reroll.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 2:49am
Print Post  
If you are a plat farmer and earning your money with DDO, then I can understand using an exploit.
But if you are playing for fun...
If somebody would come around and tell me "Hey , do you want 2 million plat and a bunch of +3 tomes" I just would say no.
Really. Just open a trade dialog with one of my characters, puttin all the stuff inside and clicking accept. I wont accept it. No way. Just try it, any of you.  Smiley

IP Logged

Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Reply #43 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 3:13am
Print Post  
I now shit plat. I need another break anyways.
« Last Edit: Nov 14th, 2011 at 3:15am by Sham »  

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 6:51am
Print Post  
I just hope the servers don't turn into ghost towns for the next few days/weeks, kinda like after mabar last year is all.

IP Logged

Razcar
Dragon Raider

Jag Älskar Drama!

Reply #45 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 6:52am
Print Post  
Quote:
If you are a plat farmer and earning your money with DDO, then I can understand using an exploit.
But if you are playing for fun...
If somebody would come around and tell me "Hey , do you want 2 million plat and a bunch of +3 tomes" I just would say no.
Really. Just open a trade dialog with one of my characters, puttin all the stuff inside and clicking accept. I wont accept it. No way. Just try it, any of you.  Smiley

I agree. It is a little like using a cheat code in a single-player game (no, not exactly, but a little). Takes some of the fun out of it. And as far as exploits go, they are often a little trickier. This seem to be too easy, just a "gimme more stuff while I watch a film"-button.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #46 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 7:04am
Print Post  
NaturalHazard wrote on Nov 14th, 2011 at 6:51am:
I just hope the servers don't turn into ghost towns for the next few days/weeks, kinda like after mabar last year is all.

The funny bit is that afterward the people that I found out were exploiting were not the people that got banned and the few in guild that got banned had no idea what the hell it was for. No idea what the disconnect was there.

As for the current exploit, you could see people were doing it right up until the server shutdown this morning. Even saw a strange pair in Ataraxia's Haven spa so we went to see what they were doing and sure enough the broker there was jam packed with loot with two people there dumping more into it.

IP Logged

yk49
Korthos Resident

Lazy wiki admin/Thelanian
piker

Reply #47 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 7:28am
Print Post  
Overeem wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 4:10pm:
whats even better is i ruined argo economy then this dude came along and ruined every other server's economy

lol nice one. indeed all LDS on Thelanis AH are gone.

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 7:30am
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Nov 14th, 2011 at 7:04am:
The funny bit is that afterward the people that I found out were exploiting were not the people that got banned and the few in guild that got banned had no idea what the hell it was for. No idea what the disconnect was there.

As for the current exploit, you could see people were doing it right up until the server shutdown this morning. Even saw a strange pair in Ataraxia's Haven spa so we went to see what they were doing and sure enough the broker there was jam packed with loot with two people there dumping more into it.

Well I hope its different this time, cause I never used the exploit so it woud make me mad enough to rage quit if I got banned for something someone else did lol.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #49 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 7:44am
Print Post  
Probably end up banning everyone that opened a challenge chest at all, legitimately or not Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Send TopicPrint