Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Stones of Experience are live! (Read 12373 times)
Throate
Waterworks Kobold

...to hear the lamentation
of them noobs

Re: Stones of Experience are live!
Reply #50 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 4:25am
Print Post  
Zhalian wrote on Jun 4th, 2012 at 8:06pm:
Be careful logging in with a character level 8-15 thats not the one you wish to use it on.   Apparently you can have it used on you without any dialouge and it just levels your char to 16 regardless of anything you might want.  Great way to fuck someone hoping to use it on a TR I guess but its a really bad screw up from Turbine.

You do get a dialogue.
But those shitheads wait for you to spam crafting recipes, bank stuff or auction posts, so that anytime you hit enter you will confirm the dialogue.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #51 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 5:30am
Print Post  
Got my wizzy from 20 to 16 tonight on his 3rd life. Wasn't planning on TRing him anytime soon but fuck it. Wouldn't have worked on my Druid, and I'm not planning to TR any melees.

It felt strange doing shadow crypt elite at level 7 to hit 8 for the xp stone.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 8:14am
Print Post  
Zhalian wrote on Jun 4th, 2012 at 8:23pm:
Did you say no on these mule accounts or yes?   The story on the forums is you get leveled regardless.  Thought it was worth a warning.

Would it REALLY shock you if they are fucked up somehow?  Really?

If clicking "No" still grants the levels, then Turbine will be forced to reset all "has a stone of XP been used" flags or suffer nerd rage.  Just like the Djinni cakes, those who used them early got double benefit from them.

Since the stones expire in August anyway, no reason to save them.
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2012 at 8:15am by Carpone »  

IP Logged

Merrick
DQ Assaulter

Reply #53 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Quote:
Confirmation box.

Clicked "Yes"

XP granted.

In that order, everytime.

Would not shock me that some people are fucking with other people by claiming this is not the case.

Last night in two cases, one on Ghallanda, one on Thelanis, I got the XP *both times*  BEFORE I hit "Yes".

In the first case, the dialog box was up for almost 30 seconds before I hit "Yes" because I was typing replies to the multiple people who responded to my request.

IP Logged

qwerty1234
Ex Member

Reply #54 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 10:55am
Print Post  
Hitting enter or space automatically confirms, if you have a dialogue box up.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
Quote:

It's a feature not a bug. Right? Cheesy
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2012 at 1:02pm by Carpone »  

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #56 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
Merrick wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 10:49am:
before I hit "Yes" because I was typing replies to the multiple people who responded to my request.

Quote:

I think you accepted by hitting enter and the "giver" had hit it multiple times, spawning multiple windows as you can't see anything happen when you "bestow" it.

IP Logged

Merrick
DQ Assaulter

Reply #57 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I think you accepted by hitting enter and the "giver" had hit it multiple times, spawning multiple windows as you can't see anything happen when you "bestow" it.

Even if you're in the chat bar at the time? Typically once the chat window is active and remains active (doesn't lose focus to something else) nothing you press can affect the game windows/dialogue boxes.

IP Logged

hgm-chi
Dragon Raider

Meh.

Reply #58 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 5:30am:
Got my wizzy from 20 to 16 tonight on his 3rd life. Wasn't planning on TRing him anytime soon but fuck it. Wouldn't have worked on my Druid, and I'm not planning to TR any melees.

It felt strange doing shadow crypt elite at level 7 to hit 8 for the xp stone.

I only made it to level 4 on Buhdee...  I started when you guys were at 6 though.  Maybe there'll be someone in guild to run a bit with tonight, though.  I get lonely all by myself.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #59 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Merrick wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 2:20pm:
Even if you're in the chat bar at the time? Typically once the chat window is active and remains active (doesn't lose focus to something else) nothing you press can affect the game windows/dialogue boxes.

The popup probably automatically grabs focus allowing for space or enter to choose yes.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Merrick
DQ Assaulter

Reply #60 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 2:26pm:
The popup probably automatically grabs focus allowing for space or enter to choose yes.

Possibly, but on the second one I can guarantee I got the xp before hitting ANYTHING. I had my hands nowhere near the mouse or keyboard when my friend hit me with the stone. I was across the room fixing dinner while waiting for him to show up.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #61 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
hgm-chi wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 2:25pm:
I only made it to level 4 on Buhdee...  I started when you guys were at 6 though.  Maybe there'll be someone in guild to run a bit with tonight, though.  I get lonely all by myself.

What life is Buhdee on? You should have said something! We could have at least helped you get closer to 8. Once we hit deleras and shadow crypt it was cake. If nothing else I can make a vet status sorc or wizzy and get you to 8.

I think we did 3 quests on elite in korthos to start the streak -> ringleader x10 -> info x3 -> durks x3 -> repo x3 -> WW x1 -> STK x1 -> catacombs x1 -> necro 1 x1 -> deleras x1 -> shadow crypt (not flagging) E & H and we were done.

And maybe one of two bullshit quests while we waited for AFKers and such.

IP Logged

hgm-chi
Dragon Raider

Meh.

Reply #62 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 3:18pm:
What life is Buhdee on? You should have said something! We could have at least helped you get closer to 8. Once we hit deleras and shadow crypt it was cake. If nothing else I can make a vet status sorc or wizzy and get you to 8.

I think we did 3 quests on elite in korthos to start the streak -> ringleader x10 -> info x3 -> durks x3 -> repo x3 -> WW x1 -> STK x1 -> catacombs x1 -> necro 1 x1 -> deleras x1 -> shadow crypt (not flagging) E & H and we were done.

And maybe one of two bullshit quests while we waited for AFKers and such.

Buhdee is on his 3rd life.  I decided to TR him again for the stone rather than use it on my Wizard for a second life.  I'll be hitting Dirk's/WW/STK tonight if I'm on.  If you want to use a vet throwaway toon to help, I won't say no, but I'm sure the fresh 16's XP train will be in full tilt tonight, too.

IP Logged

Lost_Leader
Korthos Resident

I Love Whiskey!

Reply #63 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
hgm-chi wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 3:30pm:
Buhdee is on his 3rd life.  I decided to TR him again for the stone rather than use it on my Wizard for a second life.  I'll be hitting Dirk's/WW/STK tonight if I'm on.  If you want to use a vet throwaway toon to help, I won't say no, but I'm sure the fresh 16's XP train will be in full tilt tonight, too.

More people planning to do another round after they saw the one group of us go take 3rd+ lifers from level 1-16 in one evening.  I think Jez and Bj were planning another round on their wizards.

And yeah Rest, it was frickin strange to run Shadows at level 7.

This talk of quickly taking characters to 16 on other servers is intriguing. Almost tempted to get VetII status off the store so I can make em anywhere, and we can teach nubs how to run challenges. But then I think of all the shit I want to get done on my main characters and fuck that noise. No time for lolly-gaggers!

I don't get drunk . . . just less sober!

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #64 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
hgm-chi wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 2:25pm:

I should be on around 6-6:30 PM PST Yogh.  Quanquan should be making an appearance as well.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint