Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) One week to go, and it does not look good does it? (Read 13864 times)
JC
My Little Pony

Re: One week to go, and it does not look good does it?
Reply #50 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Jun 18th, 2012 at 9:14pm:
I think Protection from Evil still stacks(?) so that's another unlisted 2.

I think protection from evil is a deflection bonus, so no.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #51 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 11:11pm
Print Post  
JC wrote on Jun 18th, 2012 at 10:44pm:
I think protection from evil is a deflection bonus, so no.

Last I knew (and it was this way since PfE existed) it's actually an alignment bonus and stacks with everything but other alignment bonuses (Chaosguard). Won't show up on a character sheet since it's conditional, need to actually test it to see it.

May have changed at some point but I haven't seen anything about it changing.
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2012 at 11:11pm by cdr »  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #52 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 6:46am
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Jun 18th, 2012 at 6:20pm:
I can solo wizking in 12 minutes, not sure why people are complaining about pugs in this quest.

I can solo it in 7 minutes.  THE POINT OF WIZ KING IS DOING THE FUCKING OPTIONALS.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #53 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 8:08am
Print Post  
Soul isn't very bright.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Merrick
DQ Assaulter

Reply #54 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 8:17am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Jun 18th, 2012 at 3:59pm:
In a lot of quests even having stoned newbs is faster than soloing on a melee. Running wizking or whatever solo on a melee is a pain, especially elite.

They can do something other than fall through the collapsing floors and die in the middle of fricking nowhere?

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 8:56am
Print Post  
Supposedly Lam will be patched today.  If it's still borked in that built, it's a safe bet it won't be fixed before launch. 

I've worked in very complex software development environments (phone switches and enterprise security infrastructure products).  I simply can't fathom how Turbine's development team can break so much functionality while adding new features, and how QA management lets them get away with it.

IP Logged

Merrick
DQ Assaulter

Reply #56 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 9:05am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jun 19th, 2012 at 8:56am:
Supposedly Lam will be patched today.  If it's still borked in that built, it's a safe bet it won't be fixed before launch. 

I've worked in very complex software development environments (phone switches and enterprise security infrastructure products).  I simply can't fathom how Turbine's development team can break so much functionality while adding new features, and how QA management lets them get away with it.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If Lam wasn't mostly stable a week ago, the only thing that's going to happen between yesterday and today is that it's going to get WORSE and we'll get THAT version for launch.

I've only been around here for a couple of years, but without fail, the patch *right* before release, even TINY TINY releases, from lam build to live ALWAYS fucks things up MORE than they were previously.

I seriously cannot recall a single time in which they made a patch in the week before changeover from a lam build to a live build that didn't make everything WORSE.

It works fine when the last patch is at least 2 weeks + before live date, but that's only happened a handful of times that I can remember.

IP Logged

Zhalian
Dragon Raider

Drama is best served fresh.

Reply #57 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Yeah you know I really hate the doom and mostly ignore it but ffs this is looking really bad.  I'm almost wanting to not log in for a few days, I think broken chars are coming.

Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.
- Mel Brooks

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #58 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
Well that charming Ape_Man fellow pointed out that if you switch weapons, all your currently equipped gear stops working until you re-equip it.

lol.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #59 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 5:34pm:
Well that charming Ape_Man fellow pointed out that if you switch weapons, all your currently equipped gear stops working until you re-equip it.

lol.

I've seen this personally.  I had my Rakir's randomly stop adding Int till I unequipped it and Siss saw the same thing with Archmagi on Glacier Bracers.  She would switch weapon sets and take off her skiver and lose 200 sp even though she the bracers on.  This is on live.
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2012 at 5:50pm by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Merrick
DQ Assaulter

Reply #60 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 5:47pm:
I've seen this personally.  I had my Rakir's randomly stop adding Int till I unequipped it and Siss saw the same thing with Archmagi on Glacier Bracers.  She would switch weapon sets and take off her skiver and lose 200 sp even though she the bracers on.  This is on live.

Ooooouuuuch.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint