Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) One week to go, and it does not look good does it? (Read 13887 times)
DDONoob
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

One week to go, and it does not look good does it?
Jun 18th, 2012 at 3:12am
Print Post  
Xpack is one week away, and imho it does not look as if it is even close to beeing ready for release.

Quoting MajMal from a thread about healers friend still not working:

[QUOTE=MajMalphunktion;4526070]It is being worked on, but not every issue will be fixed with launch. Will will be shaking things like this out throughout the summer.

Thanks for your patience. [/quote]

I guess all we can hope for is that servers dont crash after next Monday's update  Roll Eyes

Expect frequent fixes  Cheesy

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Re: One week to go, and it does not look good does it?
Reply #1 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 3:22am
Print Post  
For me, the game is:

36% emptying my inventary, crunching essences, planing the slots
40% having fun with the drama at the forums
10% Waiting
15% playing
1% making bad statisticts that go over 100%

So I am okay with bugs, exploits, and whatever.
I will try to do my best in the vault being an obnoxious turbine fanboy.
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2012 at 3:23am by »  

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #2 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 8:55am
Print Post  
Quote:
For me, the game is:

36% emptying my inventary, crunching essences, planing the slots
40% having fun with the drama at the forums
10% Waiting
15% playing
1% making bad statisticts that go over 100%

So I am okay with bugs, exploits, and whatever.
I will try to do my best in the vault being an obnoxious turbine fanboy.

Last night I logged in to the game after putting the kids to bed and finishing up some chores.  I ran around the ship getting ship buffs and then started looking through my inventory while slowly beginning to nod off.  When it reached the point where I couldn't read the words anymore, I turned off the computer and went to fall asleep on the couch.  The only bug that could have possibly affected me would be the falling damage=dead bug Grin

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

green00_00
Butterface

DDO Vault Failure

Reply #3 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
Even though I (stupidly) dropped $80 on the xpack, I think I might pick up a subscription for Terra and take a couple month DDO break until they have the time to work out some of the bugs.

Im playing the Terra free trial right now and am really enjoying it.  It definitely has that DDO 'active combat' feel.

[Color=red][Size=6][b][center]But you'll notice, not butterdick[\center][\b][\Size][\color]

Apparently I cannot figure out signatures.

IP Logged

Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Reply #4 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
This expansion is fucked more ways then Sasha Grey.
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2012 at 12:37pm by Memnir »  

To stop a nosebleed: apply pressure
To start a nosebleed: apply greater pressure in short, rapid bursts

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #5 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on Jun 18th, 2012 at 12:37pm:

Damn that's fucked.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #6 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on Jun 18th, 2012 at 12:37pm:

Somehow, I now look forward to the expansion more than I did yesterday.

fnord

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
DDONoob wrote on Jun 18th, 2012 at 3:12am:
Quoting MajMal from a thread about healers friend still not working:

WTF, seriously?!  As much shit as Turbine still gets about Soon™, I would rather they push back the release and give me my $80 worth.  Don't release a buggy piece of shit that I'm going to ragequit in 10 minutes because it's unfuckingplayable.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #8 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
It's gonna be a mess, but on the positive side hopefully lots of exploits.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Jun 18th, 2012 at 1:41pm:

An exploit will get fixed with an emergency hotfix.  WF unable to be healed?  Meh, it can wait.

Someone posted in that thread:  Find a way that this benefits the players and it will get fixed immediately.   Grin
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2012 at 1:46pm by »  

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #10 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?&postid=3922672#post3922672

Quote:
What I meant is there is nothing I can do about the past. I cannot and will not comment on anything from before my time here. I'm sure at the past there were big challenges (I know there were) some of which will hopefully be in a book someday. I'd read it. Remember, DDO changed the whole MMO industry. That will be a hell of a story to read one day...

I know every single thing happened today.I know the 'why' for all of them all too. The present and the future is what I will focus on. Sorry if that seems callous, but I and most of my team were not here for any past drama, victories or mistakes. If I or my team screw up, I'll take the heat for that, but raging about blah bug from 18 months ago, no. Not me. Not my team. Not my problem-unless it is still open of course. If that bug really bothers you /bug it again. There is a  tester or two doing community issues every single day. It will be seen.

Right. I'm working on making the Known Issues list better.It will be for U11 I promise. As for a complete bug list. No. That said, admit it, the past 6 months have been pretty quiet for an MMO.

See my next blog post. I talk about that a bit.

Riggs- I understand the speculation machine (who let this happen--ARRGH) and I understand the distrust the community has towards Turbine for the past. Well, I'm not going away anytime soon. I'm open for discussion, but a civil one. I may not reveal the why such and such happened...it is usually pretty boring, and I won't throw people I work with on the torches and pitchforks of the mob. I will look into the issues tho. Again if you want a bug looked at BUG IT. I can't stress this enough. Most of the time I'm just going to post 'seen by QA' or some such. But please know we are reading, and we do care. Why would we work on it if we didn't?

Major Malphun, you have been a serious disappointment.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

qwerty1234
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Jun 18th, 2012 at 1:41pm:

Checklist for the day the expansion goes live:
1) Don't TR
2) especially not into Druid
3) Seriously, don't do it
4) don't move items between inventory/bank/shared bank
5) don't log in on any character with high crafting levels
6) probably best to not even run the launcher, much less the game client
7) do watch the forum rage

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #12 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Jun 18th, 2012 at 1:47pm:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?&postid=3922672#post3922672

Major Malphun, you have been a serious disappointment.

lol what a dipshit.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #13 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Quote:
WTF, seriously?!  As much shit as Turbine still gets about Soon™, I would rather they push back the release and give me my $80 worth.  Don't release a buggy piece of shit that I'm going to ragequit in 10 minutes because it's unfuckingplayable. 

That's my favorite MajFuckup quote in a while.  Sorry, can't fix everything little fundamental things like healing amp aren't important.

Now, to Fernado and the other bosses, this is why you don't turn an expansion pack with a new engine and a shitload of content and changes, into the vehicle to redo the entire combat system.  Seriously, that fucking retarded.  They bit off way more than they can chew.

But gratz on releasing druids 4 years after they were promised.  That's quite an accomplishment.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jun 18th, 2012 at 2:07pm:
But gratz on releasing druids 4 years after they were promised.  That's quite an accomplishment.

Baby steps, bitches!

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Jeffy, are you doing any more TR's this week.  Looks like I may want to finally push the button on my worthless, unhjealable WF barb.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #16 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Jeffy, are you doing any more TR's this week.  Looks like I may want to finally push the button on my worthless, unhjealable WF barb.

I'll cap Ara's Sorc life tonight and he'll be a level 4 Artificer before I go to sleep, gotta love challenges.  Nicci says she's burned out on TR's for a bit but if you talk dirty to her I'm sure you can convince her to TR something.  He should have been capped this weekend but I had to leave the house and spend time with family...ugg.

Xerron is still mired at Level 15.  The hell that is mid-level pugging right now makes me want to weep.  I need to cap him and roll him back into a fighter.
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2012 at 2:15pm by Eladiun »  

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
I've been playing Borderlands with Big Daddy, so I've been slacking big time on my TR playtime.  Mayo just hit level 6. Sad

IP Logged

Invelios
VoD Slasher

Reply #18 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I've been playing Borderlands with Big Daddy, so I've been slacking big time on my TR playtime.  Mayo just hit level 6. http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Smoak.png

If you send nice things to my Khyber toon, I might be persuaded to play it.

Im only level 8 over there and didn't get in on the run of stonings.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #19 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Quote:
6) probably best to not even run the launcher, much less the game client

My launcher still doesn't work since the weekend.  I can run it straight from the directory, thankfully.

fnord

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
As big as Maj Malphunktion talks about the power he has to keep something from shipping if it is not ready, he's either talking out of his ass, or he really is deluded into thinking he has any power over ship dates.

Development is always going to take longer than the project manager expects, and they will minimize the QA process as much as possible to help make that date.

You'll tell them you need X weeks to test, and they will take that as "Ok.  Code complete is in 2 months so 2 months + X weeks is when we ship".

Of course, that X weeks is the time it takes to test everything that is put in.  Once bugs are found, it has to go back to development, and then tested again.  The project manager must understand that and add time to the process.

And that's one part.  the other part is that coding is always going to take longer than the Devs estimate.  It is the project manager's job to understand that and triple the time the devs give them. 

Now, throw in the 3rd part where a date has been given to the public and it has to ship, and then shortcuts start beign taken, features are rolled back, "Critical Bugs" are reclassified to "minor bugs" if there is a workaround available.

Turbine is not doing anything differently than any other company out there that is NOT Blizzard nor Valve.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #21 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jun 18th, 2012 at 2:12pm:
Xerron is still mired at Level 15.  The hell that is mid-level pugging right now makes me want to weep.  I need to cap him and roll him back into a fighter.

The sub-15 LFMs were a wasteland on Sarlona when I looked this weekend, there just weren't any.

I ended up running infinite challenges on my tank to get through level 14. After that there's been plenty of Gianthold and up LFMs. In a lot of quests even having stoned newbs is faster than soloing on a melee. Running wizking or whatever solo on a melee is a pain, especially elite.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #22 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
I heard they were just going to list stuff that works in the known issues list. That list is shorter than what is broken.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #23 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Jun 18th, 2012 at 3:59pm:
The sub-15 LFMs were a wasteland on Sarlona when I looked this weekend, there just weren't any.

I ended up running infinite challenges on my tank to get through level 14. After that there's been plenty of Gianthold and up LFMs. In a lot of quests even having stoned newbs is faster than soloing on a melee. Running wizking or whatever solo on a melee is a pain, especially elite.

Shoulda said something I've got a tank at 13. We could go in to quests and do no fucking DPS and never hit hit together!

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #24 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Jun 18th, 2012 at 3:59pm:

I ran challenges for most of 13 and 14.  What drives me nuts is the downtime with these pug groups.  It's no surprise they never cap they spend 15 minutes between each quest fucking about.  It makes me want to punch a baby.  I had one fucking asshole who was leading Wizking runs who would step in on his Arti, die and proceed to pike the whole run.  I'm spoiled though because I generally level with Siss and the two of us can two man most quest faster than any group and guild TR trains...so I get frustrated by these shit groups fast.
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2012 at 4:28pm by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint