Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Feather_of_Sun (Read 19214 times)
rest
One Man Wolfpack

Feather_of_Sun
Jun 20th, 2012 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Needs to be kicked in the dick right along with Flimsy.

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4533829&postcount=289
Quote:
That Cormyrian Greataxe could very well have been Greater Good (2d6 to non-good), Lightning Strike, Stunning +10, Fracturing (2d6 per hit to enemies with bones) instead.
Luck of the draw!

I suspect people will enjoy pulling lots of challenge loot to see what they can get.

Yeah nothing like grinding out challenge ingredients for a RANDOM FUCKING CHANCE AT A DECENT WEAPON.

He also said that the "raid loot" from the latest "raid" has random properties as well.

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4533602&postcount=253
Quote:
Raid loot Kookie dropped isn't the final versions that will be live with the raid. They already got a buffing pass. That staff, for instance, will have Potency 80, and two randomly selected single Spell Power stats at 120, in addition to everything else currently present on it.

No more spoilers from me, though. You'll see it when it's live. Wink

Emphasis mine.

Thank god I've already been banned (again) because I would have had a Gawna-in-a-raid-with-Invicta type of panic attack.

Seriously. I think that once you get hired by Turbine you get smashed over the head with a shovel until you're considered legally retarded.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Re: Feather_of_Sun
Reply #1 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
I'd like to set him on fire to.  They are all a bunch of fucking retards.

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
I think it's kinda cool.

Unless they are exclusive. That would suck.
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2012 at 5:59pm by Soul »  

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
Remember how much you guys hated Dragontouched?  Well, we're doing it all over again, only this time it's loot in a totally fucking borked raid to protect a retarded AI bitch!  Yay!

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #4 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
Apparently his alleged time as a player (SolarDawning, I believe) didn't teach him a goddamned thing.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #5 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
He's the one responsible for the ToD ring changes and tried to sell them as a buff to players.  Jackass. 

We don't want to add untyped bonuses for Power Surge or anything else.
What about Rage?
*Crickets*

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:04pm:
Apparently his alleged time as a player (SolarDawning, I believe) didn't teach him a goddamned thing.

It taught him what players hate the most so that he can implement those things.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #7 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
I wonder how many shovels they go through beating people in the head so much. Probably a lot.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #8 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Quote:
It taught him what players hate the most so that he can implement those things.

Maybe everyone he ever grouped with was a big ol meanie, and he's only taken the job at Turbine to get back at them. I guess it beats climbing a clock tower to exact revenge on those who've wronged you.

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
I'm sorry and I don't mean to sound retarded when I saw this but unless the raid loot is exclusive what is the problem? Maybe it's a lack of context or whatever, but don't you know what the effect is before you loot it from the chest or...?

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #10 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Did Genasi leave?  He used to to all the item shit or at least did all the Upgrades to Epic.  He at least had a clue what made a good item.

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #11 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:08pm:
I'm sorry and I don't mean to sound retarded when I saw this but unless the raid loot is exclusive what is the problem? Maybe it's a lack of context or whatever, but don't you know what the effect is before you loot it from the chest or...?

If you were really sorry you would eat a bucket of razor blades.

Quote:

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #12 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Soul, how often does raid loot fall for you? For me, not so often. Now imagine you finally get to 20 runs and in the end reward THERE IS YOUR LOOT! but you're an ice savant who splashed electric, and it has properties for fire and acid. How happy are you going to be?

Or if you run 25 challenges to finally get enough ingredients to get that challenge item, and it's not what you're spec'd in at all. Hell I got frustrated by that Belryssha's Scepter or what the fuck ever it's called. I managed to get fire 3 times and radiance once. No ice. No electric. Oh I did get kenetic, which will be nice soon, but it's not what I was after.
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:11pm by rest »  

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #13 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
Feather of Troll...

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #14 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
Feather_of_Suck

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
Like rest said, your caster is spec'd for 2 elements.  You hope and pray that the randomly generated item has the bonuses for those 2 AND that it falls for you OR gets put up for roll.  Maybe you'll find one that has one of your preferred elements on it.  Who wants to play those odds?  It's a total bullshit mechanic and just warrants a bigger, more frustrating fucking grind.

IP Logged

Siver
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:08pm:

The problem is this: Seeing the Super Awesome Staff of Awesomeness would be great, until you see it ends up giving your sorcerer plus a billion to light and positive damage, or your favored soul cold and acid damage. Then it'd suck even worse than just getting a Super Awesome Sword of Rogueyness.

From a purely logical standpoint, it's no different from getting a Dragon's Eye when you wanted a Sword of Shadows, but from an emotional point of view, it's like seeing what looks like a filet mignon, only to find out when you start eating it's made from hot dog meat.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Siver wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:17pm:
it's like seeing what looks like a filet mignon, only to find out when you start eating it's made from hot dog meat.

I prefer my meat to be phallic.

IP Logged

qwerty1234
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Let's assume that they'll include boosts for all the elements that you can Cannith Craft enhancements for:
Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire, Sonic, Force, Healing, Repair, Good, Light, Negative Energy

That's ten. Assuming you can't boost the same element twice, that's 90 different versions of this single item. Tower has 32 rings, they're not competing with anything else for drop rates, and it's still a huge pain to find the one you want. This is analogous to each tower ring dropping in different versions, where the +2 stat/heal amp/energy absorb/burst is pre-slotted and you have to pull exactly the variation you want from the chest.

Even if it's only Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire, and Force, that's twenty different versions of a single item.

IP Logged

Vissarion
DQ Assaulter

Reply #19 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
These people are really fucking stupid.

Theologians don't know nothin' about my soul

IP Logged

Invelios
VoD Slasher

Reply #20 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
They have been doing this random property loot since at least IQ.

I mean Rhal's might has at least 5 different incarnations.

The DT lottery was always fun and a grindy mess.

Now the Challenges you may or may not get what you grinded those shitty ass things for.

And why did we think it would be different for a moronic raid, inspired by the worst quest in the game?

IP Logged

Deeds
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
jesus id rather go back so sands style grinding. At least if u finally get your pieces you 100% get the item u wanted.

Also, penis.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
It's simply amazing how out of touch Turbine developers are with what players want.  Huge loot table = DO NOT WANT.  Someone obviously thinks ToD loot tables were something to be proud of.

Eladiun wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:09pm:
Did Genasi leave?  He used to to all the item shit or at least did all the Upgrades to Epic.  He at least had a clue what made a good item.

Based on posts he made during beta, he's focused on development for several epic destinies.  Genasi made some good changes to House P loot. Disappointed he never got permission to fix the clusterfuck that is Sands, or the mediocre Red Fens gear, or the abysmal VON loot.  So much useless shit people have as a consolation prize and will never use.

IP Logged

Merrick
DQ Assaulter

Reply #23 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 8:29pm:
It's simply amazing how out of touch Turbine developers are with what players want.  Huge loot table = DO NOT WANT.  Someone obviously thinks ToD loot tables were something to be proud of.

I really wonder if they think they'll attract more players by having a d2-like loot system.

What they don't seem to understand is that it was a LOT easier to gain TONS of fricking loot in d2 than it has EVER been in ddo...so much so that for YEARS a piece of LOOT (Stone of Jordan) was the MAIN currency amongst battle.net players.

IP Logged

Bahgoon
Stormreaver Piker

Get off my lawn!

Reply #24 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Merrick wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 9:12pm:
I really wonder if they think they'll attract more players by having a d2-like loot system.

What they don't seem to understand is that it was a LOT easier to gain TONS of fricking loot in d2 than it has EVER been in ddo...so much so that for YEARS a piece of LOOT (Stone of Jordan) was the MAIN currency amongst battle.net players.

To be fair, most SoJs were duped rather than found.

Tongue

The various modes of worship which prevailed in the Roman world were all considered by the people as equally true; by the philosopher as equally false; and by the magistrate as equally useful.   - Edward Gibbon

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint