Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Feather_of_Sun (Read 19219 times)
Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Re: Feather_of_Sun
Reply #50 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Quote:
I want to give Flimsy a break.  But, at the same time, they previewed this stuff to us in the 11th hour.  Now they don't have time to tweak the design to make the raid palatable?  Well, that sucks.  Cause they could have prevented this with some better planning and scheduling.  Flimsy, I think, is suffering heavily from "your baby is ugly" syndrome, and he doesn't have the time to get his baby to the plastic surgery clinic.

They didn't want feedback.  They do this every time; save the raid for last save the loot till it's too late.  Eventually, you can't blame stupidity and you must conclude they do it on purpose.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #51 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 11:11am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jun 21st, 2012 at 4:46am:
We knew better, yet we believed.  I even fell into this trap.  I feel shame, as should all of you.

Nailed it mate...

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #52 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Can someone point me to where F_o_S said he didn't care that he was hosing Cannith Crafting?

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Orberon
Waterworks Kobold

Is It Not Nifty?

Reply #53 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 11:19am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jun 21st, 2012 at 11:00am:
They didn't want feedback.  They do this every time; save the raid for last save the loot till it's too late.  Eventually, you can't blame stupidity and you must conclude they do it on purpose.

Not only do they not want feedback, all they really want are "atta-bois".

Make a post about how asinine an idea with one of the destinies is and get told by a dev "You must not have played it" Bullshit!

Maybe if they fix their broke ass copy function more people would have tested stuff. Maybe if they actually had shit working, people could have tested more. Maybe, just maybe if they were not such morons they would not have come up with the worst update any MMO has ever seen.

3325863186 2432 881621163412 3216 24313124331933248826 1932 3216878621163412 53243325 89863232 248833868989242686884286 198834 87163186 3286883286 33251988 5386 25195786. - 341688 258631168934

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #54 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 11:20am
Print Post  
I just want to say that I love me some Azog.

Epoch: I blame my parents.  Sad

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #55 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 11:22am
Print Post  
Quote:
I just want to say that I love me some Azog.

Epoch: I blame my parents.  http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Smoak.png

Rage Quitter!!!!!   Tongue

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #56 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 11:24am
Print Post  
Let us not forget we are talking about an Internet based company that forgot to renew their own domain.

It's hard to sink deeper.
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2012 at 11:27am by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #57 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 11:24am
Print Post  
Orberon wrote on Jun 21st, 2012 at 11:19am:
Maybe if they fix their broke ass copy function more people would have tested stuff

I tried the beta the first time Lam was open. When they opened it the second time, my characters wouldn't copy over. I haven't played DDO since then.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #58 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 11:28am
Print Post  
I gave up after the wasted my time by wiping my characters.

Quote:

IP Logged

Cauthey
Ex Member

Reply #59 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 11:47am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jun 21st, 2012 at 11:14am:
Can someone point me to where F_o_S said he didn't care that he was hosing Cannith Crafting?

Sorry, Stainer.  I can't source it.  I'll admit that it was hearsay.  It was stated either in a privileged area, or it's already been edited.

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #60 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
I don't expect anything from them that isn't screwed up at first. It usually gets better with forum bitching.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #61 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jun 21st, 2012 at 11:22am:
Rage Quitter!!!!!   Tongue

Grin  It was lag associated with Jeffy the Lion Cub's huge nuts.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #62 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Grin  It was lag associated with Jeffy the Lion Cub's huge nuts.

It's like he's smuggling a couple of coconuts.

Quote:

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #63 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jun 21st, 2012 at 12:30pm:
It's like he's smuggling a couple of coconuts.

It might be elephantitis.

IP Logged

Cyr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #64 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jun 21st, 2012 at 11:24am:
Let us not forget we are talking about an Internet based company that forgot to renew their own domain.

Yup the only way to save DDO from continued destruction at the hands of incompetent developers is some wholesale firing.

At this point I would keep a few of the new devs to allow them to screw up enough to lose their jobs (not feather he needs to go the minute he started talking..his incompetence is Eladrin like), Genasi, 404, most of the content people (except of course flimsy who is the continual weak link in that department tarnishing it's good name constantly), and of course the art department who does a pretty bang up job.  Oh and marketting should keep most personal except ones personally responsible for things like the offer wall and breaking of player trust of previous purchases like how artificers release was handled.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #65 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
I'd be cool with keeping Flimsy for the entertainment value on the forums alone.

Fundamentally, the only person who needs to be replaced is Fernando or whoever is actually in charge.  If the person in charge is replaced with someone who knows what needs to be done, then they'll be able to identify the people who need to go and the people who should stay in their jobs and also the people who should stay at Turbine, but in a different role.

I'm sure that there are some people at Turbine who are doing terrible things when they could be a great asset - as long as they end up in a job that they're suited to instead of whatever they're doing now.

fnord

IP Logged

Bahgoon
Stormreaver Piker

Get off my lawn!

Reply #66 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jun 21st, 2012 at 2:20pm:
I'm sure that there are some people at Turbine who are doing terrible things when they could be a great asset - as long as they end up in a job that they're suited to instead of whatever they're doing now.

I'm thinking the janitorial staff would be the only safe haven for some. Then we'd hear about Turbine's HQ burning down.

Tongue

The various modes of worship which prevailed in the Roman world were all considered by the people as equally true; by the philosopher as equally false; and by the magistrate as equally useful.   - Edward Gibbon

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #67 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 3:35pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #68 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jun 21st, 2012 at 4:46am:
You know why this is happening right? No? Well, let me explain.

We thought DDO couldn't get any worse.  We believed they couldn't fuck it up anymore.  When they said we are coming out with an expansion that you pay for - and that it has been in the works and wont be released for several months, we trusted them.   

Did you see that word? "Trusted".  Now, we all knew better.  WE ALL KNEW BETTER.  Even the people that came in with f2p knew better.  Us vets that have been here since the dawn have no excuse.  We all wanted this so bad, we wanted it to be ddos saving grace.  I mean, they are  releasing druids in the pack.

You see what happens? We all wasted our hard earned money on an expansion that is going to destroy ddo.  Why? Because the developers are stupider then ever.  We all knew it was going to be like this, but we refused the truth.  We turned a blind eye to it even though it was fucking screaming at us.  We knew better, yet we believed.  I even fell into this trap.  I feel shame, as should all of you.

Pretty much. Fell for the let's talk threads and got generous enough to pay em for work they apparently hadn't even started, let alone completed yet.

More fool I. 
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2012 at 7:59pm by »  

IP Logged

Senpo
Waterworks Kobold

> . <

Reply #69 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jun 21st, 2012 at 10:46am:
Project Manager: MA and LoB hardly get ran. I don't think we can make a raid that gets ran less.

Feather_of_Sun: Bullshit. Flimsyfirewood and I can make a raid no one will want to run.

Cheesy this is exactly what happened

IP Logged

Azuphle
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Jun 22nd, 2012 at 12:50am
Print Post  
Well a lot of people complain that they want content, that isn't just about killing monsters, if they get something that's different from running a straight line, tank boss, heal tank, beat on the back, they usually play very unsatisfied though. Personally Im not a fan of a protection mission, but it might not be a bad idea just for something different!

Semi random loot is not an entirely bad idea in my book, just the placement of it as seen in the xpack is kinda wrong. Running challenges especially to build a weapon that will most likely be worse than I had - plain out sucks. It's actually better in a raid, since you can get a basic version of an item which somehow works for you, but you might also get an even more awesome version of it - but even then doing it with all raid items insted of just one special loot piece is not overly smart. If they would made a weapon like in a challenge that drops in a quest that is run more or less often, so you will mostly get vendor loot, but have the chance on something cool would have been nice though.

Sorry for using too much logic on the vault.

TL;DR your whining is awesome, keep going!

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #71 - Jun 22nd, 2012 at 1:22am
Print Post  
One thing that I will say in favor of the random loot - it improves on the old Dragontouched lottery in one significant way.  If you get something that's "meh" and then pull something really shitty, you can at least keep your "meh" instead of losing it to the shitty second pull.

...on the other hand, you can't replace one aspect of the item at a time, so you're much more likely to be stuck with "meh" for a long time since you'll have to get lucky on two or more item traits simultaneously.

fnord

IP Logged

Zhalian
Dragon Raider

Drama is best served fresh.

Reply #72 - Jun 22nd, 2012 at 2:36am
Print Post  
If your luck is terrible, random means you will never see anything decent ever.  Their current mechanics (epic seals and shards aside) mean you can at least build toward something that works, or even get it passed to you if someone else pulls it and doesn't need it.  Its great if you are that guy that the rng loves, if you arn't you run the shit for years and that awesome True law of shattermantle is an upgrade when you finally manage to pull it.

Random can go fuck itself in the ass with a cactus.
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2012 at 5:09am by Zhalian »  

Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.
- Mel Brooks

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #73 - Jun 22nd, 2012 at 3:30am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jun 21st, 2012 at 11:24am:

twice....they fucking did this twice!?!

IP Logged

Merrick
DQ Assaulter

Reply #74 - Jun 22nd, 2012 at 9:16am
Print Post  
Senpo wrote on Jun 21st, 2012 at 8:13pm:
Cheesy this is exactly what happened

Impossible.

Based on the amount of forum bitching on LoB, the devs are under the assumption that it's the MOST POPULAR RAID EVAR because everyone is talking about it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint