Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Feather_of_Sun (Read 19216 times)
popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Re: Feather_of_Sun
Reply #25 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:08pm:
I'm sorry and I don't mean to sound retarded when I saw this but unless the raid loot is exclusive what is the problem? Maybe it's a lack of context or whatever, but don't you know what the effect is before you loot it from the chest or...?

The problem with it is that it's random and uncommon.

99% of Lootgen items are pure vendor trash.  That's okay because we pick up hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of lootgen items, so that 1% turns out to be a decent amount of quality lootgen items/weapons over time.

How many challenge items will you get up in a week?  How many raid items will you get in a week.  As a hint, it's less than hundreds and hundreds.

Randomness in named items with a way to keep pulling the roulette wheel on a specific aspect of that item is somewhat annoying (current Dragontouched armor).  Randomness in items where every aspect of the item gets rerolled and you have no way to "keep" a desirable aspect of that item is just full of fail.

fnord

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #26 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I prefer my meat to be phallic.

Your meat isn't supposed to be phallic.  Just the stones that your healers will hide behind.

fnord

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #27 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
Quote:
It's actually a lot more like Tower rings. You know, where you keep getting ones you don't want, and finally settle for one that is "good enough" but the perfect one is out there, taunting you, and you'll never fucking pull it, because the loot table has 50 items/versions of items in it.

Oh come on now, they've clearly taken that into consideration:

Quote:
I suspect people will enjoy pulling lots of challenge loot to see what they can get.

See?  We're really going to like this.  I'm sure of it.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Smrti
VoD Slasher

I Am Fooling No One

Reply #28 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
Merrick wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 9:12pm:
I really wonder if they think they'll attract more players by having a d2-like loot system.

What they don't seem to understand is that it was a LOT easier to gain TONS of fricking loot in d2 than it has EVER been in ddo...so much so that for YEARS a piece of LOOT (Stone of Jordan) was the MAIN currency amongst battle.net players.

Yes. We are so different.

Wtb lds and frds....

Munkenmo wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 9:41pm:
All hail Smrti.

Felgor wrote on Sep 11th, 2012 at 11:18pm:
Fuck Australia.

rev Jim wrote on Sep 12th, 2012 at 8:40am:
I wish I was a rich black woman sometimes........

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #29 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:07pm:
Maybe everyone he ever grouped with was a big ol meanie, and he's only taken the job at Turbine to get back at them. I guess it beats climbing a clock tower to exact revenge on those who've wronged you.

I wish the turbine staff and everyone else I have wronged would do that.  After they jump we can all see how much I actually care.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Zhalian
Dragon Raider

Drama is best served fresh.

Reply #30 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
Random is fine when its a box you are opening (probably for three dollars per knowing turbine) that has some random pet or hat in it at best that I can totally ignore.  Not fucking random stats on an item you just spent hours grinding mats for and its totally useless for your class and is probably btc.  Not thrilling turbine, learn to make decent shit.
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2012 at 4:33am by Zhalian »  

Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.
- Mel Brooks

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
Merrick wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 9:12pm:
I really wonder if they think they'll attract more players by having a d2-like loot system.

What they don't seem to understand is that it was a LOT easier to gain TONS of fricking loot in d2 than it has EVER been in ddo...so much so that for YEARS a piece of LOOT (Stone of Jordan) was the MAIN currency amongst battle.net players.

Maybe, but then they better massively increase drops rates for stuff like this.  And from what I read, it's still atleast a couple hours farming for the random challenge shit.

IP Logged

sadface
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 12:50am
Print Post  
for days i kept thinking flimsy could not post any thing to make me want to do this raid less.( and every flimsy update made me say wtf? sounds even more stupid)  and then feather said "random". omfg no. i swear i will never go in the new raid.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 1:07am
Print Post  
Quote:
Like rest said, your caster is spec'd for 2 elements.  You hope and pray that the randomly generated item has the bonuses for those 2 AND that it falls for you OR gets put up for roll.  Maybe you'll find one that has one of your preferred elements on it.  Who wants to play those odds?  It's a total bullshit mechanic and just warrants a bigger, more frustrating fucking grind.

I really donīt see the problem.

You shouldnīt make so specialized and limited characters. If you make a splash Druid / Sorc / Cleric you will have a lot more chances to get loot you could use.
Also, you could roleplay more and just imagine you get the desired item.
So, it is your fault Gawna. L2P.

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #34 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 3:30am
Print Post  
I think this will lead to 2 things:

1) Name your Item LFMs

2) Loot drama all over the place

Question: Are those items BTC or BTA? If I have a chance of moving it to an alt it may be worth the grind, BTC and random? Thanks, I am out.

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #35 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 3:55am
Print Post  
string table error, tableDID wrote on Jun 21st, 2012 at 3:30am:
I think this will lead to 2 things:

1) Name your Item LFMs

2) Loot drama all over the place

Question: Are those items BTC or BTA? If I have a chance of moving it to an alt it may be worth the grind, BTC and random? Thanks, I am out.

I have this horrible idea that it's still BTC like all raid loot. Cue lots of drama over horsetrading and so on. BTA, or even better, BTC on equip like they seem to be making half the stuff anyway.

I'm just depressed that they think this is a good idea. I can't even muster up the hate energy to say "WTF are you people thinking of" in a polite way on the other forums ATM, it's so miserable.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #36 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 4:46am
Print Post  
You know why this is happening right? No? Well, let me explain.

We thought DDO couldn't get any worse.  We believed they couldn't fuck it up anymore.  When they said we are coming out with an expansion that you pay for - and that it has been in the works and wont be released for several months, we trusted them.   

Did you see that word? "Trusted".  Now, we all knew better.  WE ALL KNEW BETTER.  Even the people that came in with f2p knew better.  Us vets that have been here since the dawn have no excuse.  We all wanted this so bad, we wanted it to be ddos saving grace.  I mean, they are  releasing druids in the pack.

You see what happens? We all wasted our hard earned money on an expansion that is going to destroy ddo.  Why? Because the developers are stupider then ever.  We all knew it was going to be like this, but we refused the truth.  We turned a blind eye to it even though it was fucking screaming at us.  We knew better, yet we believed.  I even fell into this trap.  I feel shame, as should all of you.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 5:09am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jun 21st, 2012 at 4:46am:

We thought DDO couldn't get any worse.  We believed they couldn't fuck it up anymore.  When they said we are coming out with an expansion that you pay for - and that it has been in the works and wont be released for several months, we trusted them.   

Did you see that word? "Trusted".  Now, we all knew better.  WE ALL KNEW BETTER.  Even the people that came in with f2p knew better.  Us vets that have been here since the dawn have no excuse.  We all wanted this so bad, we wanted it to be ddos saving grace.  I mean, they are  releasing druids in the pack.

You see what happens? We all wasted our hard earned money on an expansion that is going to destroy ddo.  Why? Because the developers are stupider then ever.  We all knew it was going to be like this, but we refused the truth.  We turned a blind eye to it even though it was fucking screaming at us.  We knew better, yet we believed.  I even fell into this trap.  I feel shame, as should all of you.

I mean, Epoch, your problem is clear: you were raised in a developed country.
Ferrnando Paiz...Ferrnando Paiz... does the name sound German? WASP? Russian? Japanese? Chinese?
Look, in Spain... Mr. Divar. President of the Supreme Court. So he was spending lots of public money in luxury hotels with his boyfriend:

http://elpais.com/elpais/2012/06/13/inenglish/1339599164_057325.html

After a lot of presure, he had to resign.
So, we have a new President. Just look at the new guy:

http://politica.elpais.com/politica/2012/06/19/actualidad/1340142419_546072.html

Imagine this guy would be running Turbine.
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2012 at 5:10am by »  

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #38 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 9:28am
Print Post  

This pretty well sums the whole mess up.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #39 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 9:54am
Print Post  

you just really had to hit that nail right on the head didn't ya.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 10:01am
Print Post  
I feel shame, as should all of you.

I feel shame for having been lucky enough that turbine screwed up my paypal payment, followed by crap customer service, and a no response from Tolero or Cordovan, that I rescinded my payment and never logged on to DDO again, knowing that the shit for brains that work there could never do a basic update, let along the huge (and oh so interesting looking) changes they were going to do.

I feel shame for being right and getting out when I did.  I feel shame for not being able to be wrong, buy the xpack and start up the game again.

The real question is:  Whats you guys excuses?  Why do you keep getting kicked in the nuts and then go right back to them?
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2012 at 10:01am by livefreeordie »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #41 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 10:09am
Print Post  

We are in an abusive relationship, but we just can't leave. "He didn't mean it. He didn't mean to hit me he just gets frustrated sometimes. I still love him!"

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 10:17am
Print Post  
You should've just bought the expansion codes with cannith cells and larges Cheesy

IP Logged

qwerty1234
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 10:31am
Print Post  
I didn't preorder, because the epic destinies rubbed me the wrong way. I've been in games where you can buy serious character power upgrades in the store, it never ever ends well.

Maybe I'll buy stuff with points in August, but for now I'm content to wait and see how things shake out.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #44 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 10:46am
Print Post  
Do I have this right?

A raid with a protect Coyle feature.
Chests are based off of performance related to the protect Coyle feature.
Raid loot has random properties.

That is fucking brilliant.

How this raid was designed.

Project Manager: MA and LoB hardly get ran. I don't think we can make a raid that gets ran less.

Feather_of_Sun: Bullshit. Flimsyfirewood and I can make a raid no one will want to run.

F.Paiz: I just got a chubby.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #45 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 10:52am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jun 21st, 2012 at 10:46am:
Do I have this right?

A raid with a protect Coyle feature.
Chests are based off of performance related to the protect Coyle feature.
Raid loot has random properties.

Mostly right except it's now 50% off the NPC's health and 50% based on Optional completion.  The NPC is much more hardy than Coyle but must be lead through a maze.  After running an Arti for 2 days and watching my dog just freeze up and stop doing anything in dungeons I can't wait to see what fun this NPC is and get my +6 True Law Byshek Greataxe of Superior Shattermantle and Enfeebling.

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #46 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 10:55am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jun 21st, 2012 at 10:52am:
+6 True Law Byshek Greataxe of Superior Shattermantle and Enfeebling.

I would rage for so long and so loud you would hear me and I wouldn't have voice chat keyed up.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Cauthey
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 10:57am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:10pm:
If you were really sorry you would eat a bucket of razor blades.

*pops in with a bucket of extra tasty crispy Gillette under his arm*

I want to have hope for the game, still.  I'm not as jaded as some of you folks.  But, I also haven't been on the receiving end of disappointment from Turbine as long as many of you have.

I want to give Flimsy a break.  But, at the same time, they previewed this stuff to us in the 11th hour.  Now they don't have time to tweak the design to make the raid palatable?  Well, that sucks.  Cause they could have prevented this with some better planning and scheduling.  Flimsy, I think, is suffering heavily from "your baby is ugly" syndrome, and he doesn't have the time to get his baby to the plastic surgery clinic.

As for Feather, he seems to have let all of his Dev-hood go to his head.  A small degree if ego is a good thing.  But, I think he's come unhinged on a power trip.  The part that worries me most is how his Spell Power baby is going to crush Cannith Crafting.  And he doesn't even care, because he "doesn't do Cannith Crafting."  Collaboration is important.  I very well can't go and shut down all SSL transaction on my network because I don't care about them and don't take ant part in processing them.  You have got to work with your team if you want to guarantee a good product.

*munch*

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #48 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 10:58am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jun 21st, 2012 at 10:55am:
I would rage for so long and so loud you would hear me and I wouldn't have voice chat keyed up.

Since you have been gone I actually hear you in my head in most of the pugs I join.

Quote:

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Quote:
I want to have hope for the game, still.  I'm not as jaded as some of you folks.  I like to have my Jimmies kicked

fify

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint