Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Is DDO worth coming back to? (Read 35604 times)
Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Re: Is DDO worth coming back to?
Reply #50 - May 21st, 2013 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on May 21st, 2013 at 12:10pm:
I hope this translates right.

Mangez-moi, grenouille.

We stop, promised.

*cross-fingers*

And Eat Me, Frogs don't translate well, we don't have this expression...

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #51 - May 21st, 2013 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Vere is rest ven you need him?

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #52 - May 21st, 2013 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Vere is rest ven you need him?

I saw ze #volfpack symbol in ze sky and came as qvickly as I could.

No, DDO is not worth coming back to. I still log on basically every day, but once I leave I'll likely not be back. Sometimes I log in, hang out on the boat and be doing other stuff on my second monitor. I'll check the LFM panel or the guild chat once in a while but I stand around a LOT. I just capped a Juggernaut build and he is a lot of fun, but who knows what's gonna happen to him and many of my other builds once the enhancement pass comes out. Plus once I get a character geared out and where I want with destinies, they're done. He already had 90% of the gear before he TR'd so this guy isn't going to take long to "finish".

With the cap going up to 28, I feel like a lot of people are in a holding pattern with regard to gear, destinies and even TRing. No one knows (least of all Turbine) what the fuck is going to happen in the next few months, so no one wants to commit to a big undertaking without knowing if they're just wasting their time. And yeah there are plenty of people who would say "well it's just a game, you're just here to have fun. Why worry about whether or not you're doing stuff that will be rendered obsolete in the future?" My version of fun is being awesome. And I do that by stacking lives, gear, ED and just game experience. I guess that makes me a filthy power-gamer.  Embarrassed

I won't be pre-ordering the next "expansion" if and when they ever announce it. Last time they got me for $120 ($80 pre-order + points) and they won't get me again. My sub runs out in July, and that might be it for me. I removed my CC info just before they changed over the forums in a panic (like plenty of other people) and I have no desire to re-up with a pre-paid card or anything like that. I never squirreled away my VIP points so I can't afford to buy any content or races or even my shared bank once I stop being a VIP.

I have not decided if I want to play NW or GW2 or even Rift (I heard they are going F2P and I have a Rift account from a few years ago). I really like the way Wildstar looks, and I know plenty of my guildmates are looking forward to the Pathfinder MMO (whenever that happens). Maybe I'll finally get off my ass and go outside. It is getting summery outside, and my garden could use some love.

That's my perspective. Unless you're coming back to hang out with old friends and just fuck around, I wouldn't bother.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #53 - May 21st, 2013 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
"qvickly" gave me the giggles!

COME PLAY GW2 I COMMAND IT!  I will be on tonight!

IP Logged

Kalari
Stormreaver Piker

Drama Ho!

Reply #54 - May 21st, 2013 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
You could go outside Rest or play Neverwinter with me so I have someone just as crazy as I am and who can tolerate me a bit longer then normal people Smiley

Just saying wed have fun together!

It's not my fault you were born one gigantic asshole..

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #55 - May 21st, 2013 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
Kalari wrote on May 21st, 2013 at 1:31pm:
You could go outside Rest or play Neverwinter with me so I have someone just as crazy as I am and who can tolerate me a bit longer then normal people Smiley

Just saying wed have fun together!

What NW server are you on?  We have a Vent!  We could have some black girl chat with stainer!

IP Logged

Kalari
Stormreaver Piker

Drama Ho!

Reply #56 - May 21st, 2013 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
I am on Dragon Smiley I am currently playing a TR and it is fun rolled up a Control Wizard to going to level her after I am done with my rogue its been fun and I love my horse!

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #57 - May 21st, 2013 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
Kalari wrote on May 21st, 2013 at 1:55pm:
I love my horse!

IP Logged

Kalari
Stormreaver Piker

Drama Ho!

Reply #58 - May 21st, 2013 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
OMG Rest lol "sweet lemonade indeed" and I am pretty sure if some dude said "shut up woman get on my horse" id do it lol

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #59 - May 21st, 2013 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on May 21st, 2013 at 1:26pm:
I won't be pre-ordering the next "expansion" if and when they ever announce it. Last time they got me for $120 ($80 pre-order + points) and they won't get me again. My sub runs out in ____, and that might be it for me. I removed my CC info just before they changed over the forums in a panic (like plenty of other people) and I have no desire to re-up with a pre-paid card or anything like that.

I think this is a lot of people, myself included.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #60 - May 21st, 2013 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
I'll pay for it.  It's fun to kick some Netherese Ass. 

I understand why a lot of people who play more often than I do get bored.  I just don't get enough game time to make it be an issue.  So there is always stuff to do.

I can't think of a single bug that affects my gameplay negatively.  Since I got a new Alienware computer in December, lag is a very rare inconvenience.

P.S.  Neverwinter is fun too.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #61 - May 21st, 2013 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
I've gotta admit, even as a DDO addict who primarly TR's, I'm struggling to find a reason to play.

The game is in a real state of flux right now, It's demotivating everyone I know.

I never thought I'd go back to playing GW2. It turns out though, I'm having more fun running round working towards map completion than I've had in ddo in 2 years.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Kalari
Stormreaver Piker

Drama Ho!

Reply #62 - May 21st, 2013 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Since 2011 my play time has been reduced severely, even with all my alts I was not gaming hard, between loss of family members, working and moving my ddo time dwindled. I brought MOTU right before I got hired to do press work for end gamers netting me a lifetime sub.

Even with a free sub I have not found the same urge to play ddo that I used to. I still had plans to finish my elf project but lately logging on just doesn't do things for me anymore. I get on for raid night drink pass out barely remember what happened. I am hoping its just a phase but after the enhancements on Lama I just don't know anymore.

It does not help that though I get access to upcoming things I really don't get as much press feed for ddo as I do Lotro or WOTC stuff. It's sad wanting to promote the game I loved and have a venue to do it, and what do I get? Broken billing, broken forums, no real talks about their big expansion at all. Im too apathetic now to keep pressing for more details now to.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - May 21st, 2013 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
Kannyaheals wrote on May 18th, 2013 at 10:02am:
Have things improved? Is it worth subbing up again if I can find time?

No. Their forums are dead, Alternate forum ddo chatter is dead. DDO's internet traffic fell off a cliff.

Sadly, with DDO's slowroll NGE, I fear it really is time to que the fat lady to sing.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #64 - May 21st, 2013 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
I might log in just to sexually harass Nick though, because that's entertaining Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint