Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Is DDO worth coming back to? (Read 35603 times)
Kannyaheals
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Is DDO worth coming back to?
May 18th, 2013 at 10:02am
Print Post  
I haven't played at all for almost a year now. Maybe a month of the expansion. Have things improved? Is it worth subbing up again if I can find time?

IP Logged

LafoMamone
Waterworks Kobold

Feather of Sun's Chief
Muse

Re: Is DDO worth coming back to?
Reply #1 - May 18th, 2013 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Our messiah, Feather of Sun, has fixed DDO to the point where its no longer considered a game, but rather an intellectual and philosophical enlightenment that hasn't been seen since the days of Socrates. Sub it up freely, true Nirvana awaits!

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - May 18th, 2013 at 10:26am
Print Post  
I think rest still plays DDO. Not sure if anyone else on the vault has logged in this month. Many people are playing Neverwinter, but it is hard to tell right now if it will be a temporary fling like Guild Wars 2, or keep them engaged for years like DDO did.

As far as DDO goes, 2013 is giving every sign that this will be the year they finally break it, with an upcoming level cap increase to 28, another paid expansion, and messed-up forums. The long-awaited enhancement pass will not offer three PrEs per class and will wreck most existing builds in the game, along with entire playstyles. Caster cleric? Nope, you is a hjealbot.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #3 - May 18th, 2013 at 10:27am
Print Post  
What's your tolerance for lag and random changes to shit? Honestly, lag is a bit better recently - still happens occasionally, but much better than two months ago. Random bullshit changes are still to frequent. Why don't you free to play it for a week or two and see how you feel?

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #4 - May 18th, 2013 at 10:29am
Print Post  
It's a very pretty interface for a storefront and online gambling.

If you left because you didn't like the content or direction of the game it hasn't changed.  However, you can now buy XP stones and buy BTC loot from the shard auction house so you don't really even have to play.
« Last Edit: May 18th, 2013 at 10:36am by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Reply #5 - May 18th, 2013 at 11:09am
Print Post  
No.

To stop a nosebleed: apply pressure
To start a nosebleed: apply greater pressure in short, rapid bursts

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #6 - May 18th, 2013 at 11:20am
Print Post  
The shark has been jumped.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #7 - May 18th, 2013 at 11:52am
Print Post  
I still play.  For a given value of play.  Mostly when I'm stuck in a hotel room in Germany.

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #8 - May 18th, 2013 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
I'm still playing, but on a graph, I'd probably be ignored as an outlier.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #9 - May 18th, 2013 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Argo is kinda slow. Pretty much everyone has armed out the E Gianthold. And people are TRing getting ready for the enhancement pass or taking a break on Neverwinter. 2 months or a month ago was a good time to come back because everyone was regearing toons with all the good new gear, but raid timer bypass and high initial drop rates allowed the hardcores to get everything they need, with little knowledge being passed down to the lower tiers of players so pugging is even more brutal. Its still a good time to come back if you have 2-3 guildies to run stuff with as EH giant hold is pretty easy and plenty of the new gear is just as good on EH version as EE with a ew glaring exceptions ofcourse. If you dont have anyone consistent to run with I would say go try neverwinter and wait until the expansion or enhancement pass to drop. U18 looks meh for endgame. DDO is still the best MMO out there or most people but the summer time blahs combined with normal dev cycle is being felt even in big guilds.

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

BrianSmith
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - May 18th, 2013 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
I still play almost every day, And I still love the game, in spite of it's flaws. of course, having a group of friends that I can play with most anytime really does help.

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Reply #11 - May 18th, 2013 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
BrianSmith wrote on May 18th, 2013 at 2:07pm:
I still play almost every day, And I still love the game, in spite of it's flaws. of course, having a group of friends that I can play with most anytime really does help.

You are fooling no-one Arkat!

Re: Playing DDO: I think I logged in last monday for 3 hours or so.

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

BrianSmith
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - May 18th, 2013 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
aDifferentHandle wrote on May 18th, 2013 at 3:37pm:
You are fooling no-one Arkat!

Arkat? You compare me to Arkat? Among my group of friends we have a nickname for his Belt. We call it "Asshat's Cord". Pretty sure no one here knows me, and no one would know me on the live forums since my total post count (pre and post- fuckup) likely number less than 20

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #13 - May 18th, 2013 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
Still playing.

IP Logged

Kalari
Stormreaver Piker

Drama Ho!

Reply #14 - May 18th, 2013 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
I played a little last night got drunk and passed out mid lord of blades hope they beat it.

It's not my fault you were born one gigantic asshole..

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #15 - May 18th, 2013 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
Kalari wrote on May 18th, 2013 at 7:32pm:
I played a little last night got drunk and passed out mid lord of blades hope they beat it.

Did you pass out or was that too hard a facepalm?

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #16 - May 18th, 2013 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
I still play 3 or 4 times a week.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #17 - May 18th, 2013 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
I think I logged in 10 days or two weeks ago. Whenever I said I tried the new stuff on Lama, anyway. Forum change disconnected me and it was already very tenuous. Might be back if one of my running partners gets his mojo back, but its hard to care given I dont care for the expansion that much.

Raid timer bypasses killed raiding, there's not enough skill transfer and you all know it Wink
« Last Edit: May 18th, 2013 at 7:58pm by Terebinthia »  

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #18 - May 18th, 2013 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
Just came back after over a year away, brought my wife with me.  I haven't found a game that can hold my interest like this one can over the long term, and I suspect I never may.  I will say that it is like a whole new game after all that time though.

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

Kalari
Stormreaver Piker

Drama Ho!

Reply #19 - May 18th, 2013 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on May 18th, 2013 at 7:40pm:
Did you pass out or was that too hard a facepalm?

It was from having to chug a ton of booze during the EVons run, everytime someone got a crappy scroll it was two drinks. I don't remember what other raids we did after that all I know is I was in Lord of blades then I was picking up my head off my keyboard and dragged my happy ass to bed.

It's not my fault you were born one gigantic asshole..

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #20 - May 18th, 2013 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
Not dead yet, the new expansion leaves us with very little faith.

People are TRing, end-game is dead.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #21 - May 19th, 2013 at 12:20am
Print Post  
Playing as much as I can...that is not very much, but enjoying it.

IP Logged

Dhalgren
Big Sexy

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - May 19th, 2013 at 5:18am
Print Post  
Still playing, probably more than I should.

A bit worried/pissed about the enhancement redo, but trying to maintain hope in the absence of evidence that hope is warranted. Luckily most of my existing builds are pretty safe.

However, I am still enjoying the game and not having trouble finding decent pugs when I'm not able to run with my usual static TR group--which is rare.

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #23 - May 19th, 2013 at 9:04am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on May 18th, 2013 at 10:52pm:
Not dead yet, the new expansion leaves us with very little faith.

People are TRing, end-game is dead.

What Expansion, lol, I am still amazed that since the initial announcement earlier this year, there has basically been nothing at all said about it, hell, even U18 on Llama has been total silence where they didn't even bother to put in release notes (presumably because they might hint toward stuff in the expansion.

But its like they have this massive opportunity to put out info and get people excited but instead they sit in silence, the whole forum change has made things worse because they could literally start announcing stuff now, and no-one would know because you can't find anything.

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #24 - May 19th, 2013 at 10:32am
Print Post  
Dhalgren wrote on May 19th, 2013 at 5:18am:
Still playing, probably more than I should.

A bit worried/pissed about the enhancement redo, but trying to maintain hope in the absence of evidence that hope is warranted. Luckily most of my existing builds are pretty safe.

However, I am still enjoying the game and not having trouble finding decent pugs when I'm not able to run with my usual static TR group--which is rare.

Pretty much exactly this for me... Every change is anticipated with great doom, every new other game is supposed to be the one to kill DDO...  Nothing yet...  Someday, sure...  When?  Dunno...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint