Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Epic Level & Iconic TR (Read 76091 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: Epic Level & Iconic TR
Reply #250 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 10:09am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 17th, 2013 at 8:42am:
True if people weren't retarded about it and assholes, you can level multi-TR character to 20. without redoing quests more than once, while doing them, at level and on normal. but they want their retarded streak and the XP pots, so they do them on L33t and whine.
( ok, I'm honest there's not that much XP to be found at 18 and 19, but there's still enough to level a First life or a First TR to 20 without redoing quests.

FIFY, even if it doesn't change the fact that End-Game right now is worse than End-Game then, TR was mainly a mechanism to get people that invested lots of hours in their characters to keep playing them while exploring other classes... It was a stop gap to keep players busy and interested, and honestly, nobody in his/her right mind when TR was introduced thought that Completionist was going to be so widespread. ( I remember the guild when we first saw it : everybody was What the Fuck ? They really think somebody will ever reach that number of TR some day ? )

I agree with you about the issues with TR in general.  Even though there are a lot of completionists, more than I thought there would be, it is still pretty inaccessible to the majority of the game population.  Unless you game 30+ hours per week or have a lot of free money for Otto's boxes and XP pots, it's a pretty long road. 

I don't agree with you about end game at 20.  At level 20 cap the end game was about as big as it ever was.  When cap was 20 you could run:

Reavers Fate
Abbott
Shroud
VoD
Hound
ToD
MA
LoB
eChrono
eVoN
eDQ2
6 man epics and Devil Assault (Fens, P, D, Desert, VoN)

Only Titan was legitimately off the curve as far as raids go.  To have 11 of your 12 raids decently active is a pretty solid end game.  Sure you had some delineation.  Reavers, Shroud, VoD, and Hound were run less or by newer players while the top end gamers were more focused on the epic raids, ToD and Shroud.  But it was still a very active end game from 2009-2011.  2012 was when the wheels fell off.  With the level cap raise to 25.  It was just poorly handled. 

Rather than step back and fix the level 25 issues and reestablishing an end game at 25, they want to push forward with another level cap raise to 28.  That's just adding more pain.   

IP Logged

Merry Hobbit
Korthos Resident

No

Reply #251 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 10:16am
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on Jun 16th, 2013 at 4:18am:
Moar Content is what we need. 

Oh and dead hobbits

Yeah I am working on it. Every day getting closer...

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #252 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Dickbutt wrote on Jun 17th, 2013 at 9:59am:
He grinds a lot, and has even been banned for exploiting on at least one occasion.

I don't know why, but thinking of a Turbine employee getting banned for exploiting amuses me. Smiley

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #253 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 10:41am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 17th, 2013 at 10:09am:
I don't agree with you about end game at 20.  At level 20 cap the end game was about as big as it ever was.  When cap was 20 you could run:

Reavers Fate
Abbott
Shroud
VoD
Hound
ToD
MA
LoB
eChrono
eVoN
eDQ2
6 man epics and Devil Assault (Fens, P, D, Desert, VoN)

Only Titan was legitimately off the curve as far as raids go.  To have 11 of your 12 raids decently active is a pretty solid end game.  Sure you had some delineation.  Reavers, Shroud, VoD, and Hound were run less or by newer players while the top end gamers were more focused on the epic raids, ToD and Shroud.  But it was still a very active end game from 2009-2011.  2012 was when the wheels fell off.  With the level cap raise to 25.  It was just poorly handled. 

Rather than step back and fix the level 25 issues and reestablishing an end game at 25, they want to push forward with another level cap raise to 28.  That's just adding more pain.   

That was End-Game before they fucked it up by raising to LVL 25 without providing for enough stuff to do when we reach the new End Game.

When the cap was raised from 16 to 20 we had Reaver ( though it had become mostly a joke, the items were still nice to have ), Hound, Vod, Shroud, and ToD. ( I don't count Wabbot, flagging requirement is just too retarded. ). All the rest came ( relatively fast ) after.

Now I agree with your analysis of End Game playing just before they fucked it up.
It was the time where in guild we were doing E-Velah, E-Kween, Shroud; E-Vealh, ToD, Shroud or VHS ( Vod Hound Shroud ) friday Raidathons ( with Reaver's Fate as a desert if we had time to cool down ). Ma and Lob were usually done both at the same time, and E-Chrono was used to finish.

Right now we are piling the FoTs... ( well FoT, Velah, FoT actually, or FoT, CitW, FoT if we are really eager to get annoyed )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #254 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 10:52am
Print Post  
Oh and yes : we could get our casual players into Guild Raidathon at that time... Even in ToD, Ma, Lob, E-Velah, E-Chrono...

Right now our guild casual players are more an hindrance in raids than anything else due to the retarded mechanisms they have put in place. ( CiTW has the full retarded package : raise jail, respawns in place cleared, teleporting somewhere else when falling off, death by fall off, stupid hand/perma wail, respawning traps, mana drain, ... At least Shade has an hard-on every time he runs it )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #255 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 11:19am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 17th, 2013 at 10:52am:
Oh and yes : we could get our casual players into Guild Raidathon at that time... Even in ToD, Ma, Lob, E-Velah, E-Chrono...

Right now our guild casual players are more an hindrance in raids than anything else due to the retarded mechanisms they have put in place. ( CiTW has the full retarded package : raise jail, respawns in place cleared, teleporting somewhere else when falling off, death by fall off, stupid hand/perma wail, respawning traps, mana drain, ... At least Shade has an hard-on every time he runs it )

The mana drain just makes me ragey because unless I'm mistaken there's not a good way to block it (if I'm mistaken PLEASE let me know Tongue). I've been playing melee hybrid characters lately and those take a huge kick in the teeth from that mechanic. Sad

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #256 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 11:37am
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Jun 17th, 2013 at 11:19am:
if I'm mistaken PLEASE let me know Tongue

If you are not a hjealzor, noone gives a shit.
If you are, stand behind the pillar in 1st fight, experienced blue bars should/could show you where to stand in 2nd fight, get cocoon, renewal, scrolls. Oh, and Jeweled cloak.
If you are arty with Construct Essence or Improved fortification or whatever it is ( I met a few ), fuck off and die.
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2013 at 11:40am by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #257 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jun 17th, 2013 at 11:37am:
If you are arty with Construct Essence or Improved fortification or whatever it is ( I met a few ), fuck off and die.

I found myself in several Heroic PuGs last life (on the way to 2Monk/18FVS).

Ran into several Fleshy Arties that always let their health get dangerously low and just let it sit there.   While attempting to keep them healed *WHILE* casting/CCing I always noticed the Construct Essence effect.  I always asked "Did you take the Constuct Essence Feat?"  (the answers always yes)

I understand building a toon with self-sufficient healing but for chrissakes learn to top your self off before/during/after fights or fuck off.

I would have zero issues healing a fleshy arty without the CEss feat.  (Especially if I saw them chugging CSW pots and the like)

In fact.....Anyone that makes an effort to contribute and be self-sufficient is at the top of my list to get SP and consumables used on them no matter what type of toon I am playing.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #258 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Oh, and Jeweled cloak.

Ok, if that works I'll make sure to have that from now on.

My toon was a melee druid in wolf form (9 druid/9 monk/2 fighter). So not only are my buffs dependent on my blue-bar but so are some of my attacks as well as my self-healing (scrolling can be done but it's a pain for druids in animal form). I always try to keep myself alive and not rely on the healers but by the time we'd finish with the Lloth stages I'd be tapped out and have to pot to be self-sufficient while remaining in form again. I was potting more on my melee toon than on my caster (because it's fairly easy to hide on the caster).

Is it just the jeweled cloak or would PLIS work as well?

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #259 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Sorry mate, I meant Jeweled cloak for making hjealing curse a non issue when you are on hjealer.
Hjealing ~10 pugs with "drink a curse pot reaction time ">10seconds, popping behind the pillar, hjealing yourself, watching spiders and decursing might be too much. Jewel cloak makes it easier.
It wouldn't stop SP drain.
But it's a good idea anyway on anyone close to Lloth, if you can fit it into your gear somehow for that raid.
On monkcher/fighter, you have unbridled ready, buffed to pop  that dual boosted Fury ..but nope... curse, curse , curse, curse...
On hjealer:  Toon with Cloak and decent amp : toss them a cheap renewal, or cocoon if needed.
Something like FUCKING BLADEFORGED PALADIN with shit for amp and twitch skills of FranOhmsford : Renewal ? Red bar not moving .Cocoon ? STILL low. Quickened remove curse+ hjeal ? Would you like also quickened maximized mass serious you ungrateful piece of shit ?
But you gotta hjeal them, cause you need dps or have to raise them later anyway.

« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2013 at 1:47pm by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #260 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jun 17th, 2013 at 1:31pm:
Sorry mate, I meant Jeweled cloak for making hjealing curse a non issue when you are on hjealer.
Hjealing ~10 pugs with "drink a curse pot reaction time ">10seconds, popping behind the pillar, hjealing yourself, watching spiders and decursing might be too much. Jewel cloak makes it easier.
It wouldn't stop SP drain.
But it's a good idea anyway on anyone close to Lloth, if you can fit it into your gear somehow for that raid.
On monkcher/fighter, you have unbridled ready, buffed to pop  that dual boosted Fury ..but nope... curse, curse , curse, curse...
On hjealer:  Toon with Cloak and decent amp : toss them a cheap renewal, or cocoon if needed.
Something like FUCKING BLADEFORGED PALADIN with shit for amp and twitch skills of FranOhmsford : Renewal ? Red bar not moving .Cocoon ? STILL low. Quickened remove curse+ hjeal ? Would you like also quickened maximized mass serious you ungrateful piece of shit ?
But you gotta hjeal them, cause you need dps or have to raise them later anyway.

Ahhh, darn...was hoping there was a way to keep my blue bar there. Tongue I haven't worn one in there on either toon yet but on my wf'd caster I have no issues and on my melee I just make sure my remove curse pots is in place of my stunning fist slot and just hit it every time the curse pops up. Then I *normally* cocoon...that is until she's emptied my blue bar again.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #261 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Jun 17th, 2013 at 2:49pm:
Ahhh, darn...was hoping there was a way to keep my blue bar there. Tongue I haven't worn one in there on either toon yet but on my wf'd caster I have no issues and on my melee I just make sure my remove curse pots is in place of my stunning fist slot and just hit it every time the curse pops up. Then I *normally* cocoon...that is until she's emptied my blue bar again.  Roll Eyes

healers just need to hide behind the pillars, and you still get Zapped once in while.

Whoever thought SP drain was an acceptable game mechanic needs to die of AIDS while on fire.

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #262 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
If you are not a hjealzor, noone gives a shit.

If you ARE a hjealzor, you don't run the raid... Especially with pugs *shudder*

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #263 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
pnellesen wrote on Jun 17th, 2013 at 4:35pm:

I run my healer in CiTW.  Sure there's a bad run every now and then and you drink a few pots, but it's not like you can't get compensated for it if you want on those runs.  I don't ask for pots.  It's not that big a deal.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #264 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
pnellesen wrote on Jun 17th, 2013 at 4:35pm:

Bullshit, I whine and bitch but at the end of the day I have more comms and completions on my hjealzors than other toons +I haven't drink a single pot or fail any Citw.
There is Alaunafee, Ultra/Mightyraiden, DDO Korea season is fucking fast,  Junk, Azzreal ,some other CC guys, Breakables, some dudes from LegionQC/Quebec epic, Circle of Night on Mondays pugging it, some GRR dudes lately, Wytchiana in the past .. many more on Ghallanda often.
Good people most the time.

« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2013 at 5:20pm by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #265 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 17th, 2013 at 5:04pm:
I run my healer in CiTW.  Sure there's a bad run every now and then and you drink a few pots, but it's not like you can't get compensated for it if you want on those runs.  I don't ask for pots.  It's not that big a deal.

Honestly if it's cringeworthy you'll probably get more pots tossed your way than you used. I know if something is really really ugly I always toss a few toward the healer. Tongue

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #266 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
Glin's latest post

Quote:
The team has been having some further design discussions, based on feedback from this thread. It seems important to state -  they recognize that several players are already very invested in Epic Destinies, this was absolutely part of the early design discussions. There are a couple Epic game-play solutions in debate that we’ll be sharing with you as well. There won’t be any flash decisions made as design changes are considered, between posts we will be spending a lot of time reviewing the many directions the system can take players, as we are a few months away from starting development.

Thank you for sharing your feedback, reactions and ideas with us. More to come soon, and I'd expect, over the coming weeks as well.

~Erik
@producerglin
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2013 at 6:06pm by Darkrok »  

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #267 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
If nothing else the post is good damage control (as opposed to everything else so far that's amounted to oil on the fire). Especially the 'we are a few months away from starting development' comment. Makes it sound much less decided than it did in his opening post.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #268 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
lol @ several players.

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #269 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Jun 17th, 2013 at 6:07pm:
If nothing else the post is good damage control (as opposed to everything else so far that's amounted to oil on the fire). Especially the 'we are a few months away from starting development' comment. Makes it sound much less decided than it did in his opening post.

Glin's post is almost completely worthless.  He answered none of the many valid questions that were raised in the thread.  There is no 'discussion' going on whatsoever.

"They recognize that several players are already very invested in Epic Destinies, this was absolutely part of the early design discussions."

Several players?!? Really?  I know this is nit-picking, but with a subject that has this much attention, you'd think he'd chose his wording a bit more carefully.  More like there's 'several' that *aren't* affected.

And it *was* part of the early discussions (past tense) and they still decided to propose what they did.  Astonishing. 

"We know we're completely breaking our word and fucking over our paying customers, but we *did* discuss it internally first."  Well I'm glad that's behind us :-P

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #270 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
Some of you are really invested in staying angry about this.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Wall building professional!

Reply #271 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
Hey grey mouser, I am sure you are privy to things like I could not fathom.

Is this Epic TR going to be as bad as they think? I don't really see a point in upgrading to MoTU until I am done TR'ing if it is.

Is Glin serious about looking at all the different perspectives and finding a balance? An acceptable balance.

MAGA!

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #272 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Jun 17th, 2013 at 6:51pm:
Some of you are really invested in staying angry about this.

Maybe you're right.  I mean, just because they are talking about taking my time and money and flushing it down the toilet is no reason to be bitter.

I mean, it's all just 'wasted' time anyway, and I probably would have spent more money doing something else.  I don't consider my free time precious or anything, so yeah, who cares?

IP Logged

TractorsareEpic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #273 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
Piloto's latest post:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/418543-Epic-Level-amp-Iconic-TR/page63...

Hi.
Just wanted to touch base with you all again on this. Your feedback during this early stage of development for this system has definitely been helpful. And I’ll reiterate that because we are early in the process, we haven’t locked anything down. Now on to some additional info.

We have multiple goals with a system like this, such as:
• Give players the new option of TR-ing at level cap.
• Give players more things to achieve with a high level TR type character (like epic destiny past life feats and build points).
• Allow Iconic Hero characters to use the reincarnation system.
• Optimize the system to help people have a good play experience. (This is a tough one, because there are different opinions on what a “good play experience” is, but this could mean giving incentives to concentrate on different Epic Destinies than were played in the previous life, for example.)
• And as a less design-oriented but equally important goal: If changes are needed that affect players’ current investment, compensate them for the changes.

If we can arrive at a place in a given system where we can accomplish all or many of the goals in a way that is good for the game, short term and long term, then that’s a great solution. Many systems, however, are of sufficient complexity to make this a very interesting balancing act. But even with that complexity, it’s still possible to have a good solution. It just takes some time and iteration to get there. This was one of the reasons to start this thread and see what people thought about the new system and the first design proposal.

So, here’s some more info on a couple of options we are currently considering.

Option 1: XP “Bank” System
When Epic TR-ing, a character selects one ED to bond and then transfers all other ED XP into an XP Bank that can be used at any time to level through heroic levels. Example: A character has five maxed ED’s at level 28. They Epic TR, bond one ED, and then get roughly enough XP to take them back to level 20 in their new life and still have, let’s say, 1,000,000 XP left over to use in their following heroic life (to use at whatever level they want). This option could also come with a onetime opportunity to bond multiple ED’s in one TR (to help those invested in the current system to transfer to the new).

Option 2: Keep Epic Destiny XP System
When Epic TR-ing, a character selects one maxed out ED that he/she will acquire the Past Life feat for. This Epic Destiny is then flagged. (Starting out, you cannot get more than one copy of each ED’s past life feat.) The character then starts at level 1, but all ED XP is preserved at whatever levels it was at.

We are considering more than just these two options, but we thought you might like to know a bit about what we are currently thinking. Thanks again.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #274 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
They ought to just ask a local waitress at Chili's to design the system. She couldn't possibly do any worse.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15
Send TopicPrint