Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Rogue Skills (Read 7925 times)
Gawna
Ex Member

Rogue Skills
Jun 20th, 2013 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
What skills do you guys have on your hotbar on your Trickster Rogues?  I am too lazy to figure out on my own what the optimal setup is!

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Re: Rogue Skills
Reply #1 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Depends on how you set up your enhancements and how you play and what you are doing pve or pvp.
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2013 at 2:49pm by Silky »  

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #2 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
my end game set up for pvp and pve will be:

at will: Duelest's Furry, when you get used to the timing it is sick damage
           Cloud of Steal, ranged option is nice and good for knocking people of steeds in pvp (5 fast hits

Encounter: Lashing Blade, massive damage and auto crit when stealthed
                 Dazing Strike, great opener move, crowd control i used well on multiple targets
                 Deft Strike, distance closer, gets you out of frontal aoe targeting

Daily: Courge Breaker, slows targets movement, unresistable
          Executioners Strike, pure badass

Class feature: Sneak Attack, its sneak attack bitch!
                     Invisible infiltrator, lets you go into stealth imediately ater using a daily

Build layout build for crits and/or damage primarily and Stealth secondary

Gear: Critical Strike and power are best to focus on.

also while playing you must listen to this song:
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2013 at 6:37pm by JDollar »  

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 24th, 2013 at 11:33am
Print Post  
That is hilarious!

For gear, I've been doing Power, Crit Strike, and Life Steal.  It's been pretty awesome so far.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #4 - Jun 24th, 2013 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Gah life steal?

Some of these thing have a cap btw in case you all didn't know you want crit power and armor pen.

For enchants you want all greater tenebrous for pvp. For pve you want rank 7 enchants.  Ideally you want two sets of gear, one for pvp and one for pve.

I would say they will nerf tenebrous at some point BUT it's their main p2w right now as they only come from the boxes which you need store bought keys to open.

Critical strike rating diminishes at around 2000. Critical strike rating is also diminished by buffs such as the rogue's critical teamwork buff.

Around 2200 armor penetration removes most PvE resistance. You might want to get this higher if you want to pvp more than pve.

Power however is much more flat in comparison to other stats. Stacking power is the way to go for a pure dps/hps character.
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2013 at 3:48pm by Silky »  

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 24th, 2013 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
PvP is fucking retarded.

P.S. Silky, speaking of fucking retarded, your sad pseudo-goth avatar and sig pics are dead links.  Sad times.  I always knew just to skip over posts when I saw them, but now I've been accidentally actually reading posts before I realize it's just you.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #6 - Jun 24th, 2013 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:
PvP is fucking retarded.

P.S. Silky, speaking of fucking retarded, your sad pseudo-goth avatar and sig pics are dead links.  Sad times.  I always knew just to skip over posts when I saw them, but now I've been accidentally actually reading posts before I realize it's just you. 

Nice maybe you'll have learned something instead of being a nub!
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2013 at 3:56pm by Silky »  

IP Logged

Deeds
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jun 25th, 2013 at 5:36am
Print Post  
Actually Silky, you didn't give the best advice;

For pve, rank 7 enchants suck. Only use them as a stopgap until u get more greater/perfect tenebrous. You get decent enough stats from gear alone, don't waste your offensive slots with rank 7 enchants, they dont come close to the dmg you get from tenes.

Crit diminishes closer to 3k than 2k (as does recovery and power) and the dmg gain from stacking Power is almost insignificant. You are right on the money about AP, as most t2 endbosses have ~2k defense with the draco having 2200. I'd personally recommend aiming for the following: 3k crit, 3k recovery, 2200 AP, 2000 defense and 3k power. Depending on your setup, adjust your crit so you have ~50% crit chance as diminishing returns start kicking in after that (yes you get dr on both crit stat and crit %).

Despite Silkys 'gah'ing life steal makes more sense on a rogue than any other class due to attack speed and the fact you will be soloing bosses with no astral circle to stand in.

Back to the original question:
At-wills: Duelist Flurry, Cloud of Steel

Powers: Lashing Blade, Shadow Strike, Bait (for perma stealth)/Blitz (for trash clearing)/Smoke Bombs (pvp or caster heavy boss fights, ie Mad Dragon)

Dailies: Lurkers Assualt (most ridiculous OP daily of all classes imo) and Executioners Strike (strictly for PVP; lurkers will outdps it by a mile)

Class: Invisible Infiltrator, Skillful Infiltrator
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2013 at 5:37am by Deeds »  

Also, penis.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #8 - Jun 25th, 2013 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
Deeds Tenebrous has been nerfed the ICD on them has went from 5 secs to 17-20 secs also tenebrous damage goes based off your HP.

They are still good for pvp as you don't need steady damage but want fast burst damage.  If you are still using tenebrous for pve and are not a GF using if for quick agro you are doing something wrong Wink

My gah is because she should be doing crit/ar pen/power or recovery till she hit around those values. 

Also I doubt she has a cat and with no cat or stone I doubt she will hit your numbers anytime soon.

Tenebrous is still nice but not worth their price for pve.
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2013 at 12:55pm by Silky »  

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jun 25th, 2013 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
You guys are the best.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint