Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) U19 THF Cleaver (Read 53832 times)
fluffi
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: U19 THF Cleaver
Reply #50 - Sep 7th, 2013 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Forgot about rams might. Lever puller is a 2tp heirling, so not much with that.

So rams might vs 75% scroll inc =230ish

Decisions, decisions

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #51 - Sep 9th, 2013 at 12:58am
Print Post  

Carpone, what is the feasibility of splashing 3 levels of druid for Fatal Harrier?
Are APs too tight for it?
If there is a way to squeeze it in, I'd think its a great DPS addition.
How would you re-arrange the build to include this?

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #52 - Sep 9th, 2013 at 1:50am
Print Post  
You'd obviously give up a monk level for it. (fwiw, if I were playing i'd have 9/8/3 build)

There's not a lot of room to drop 5 of his offensive AP, as for the 5 Defensive AP's you'd have to give up.

I'd take them from the human tree.

My build would have
core
(1) action boost: damage
(2) str
Tiers
(3) Action surge str
(2) healing amp
(2) action surge con
(2) healing amp

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #53 - Sep 9th, 2013 at 4:22am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Sep 9th, 2013 at 1:50am:
You'd obviously give up a monk level for it. (fwiw, if I were playing i'd have 9/8/3 build)

There's not a lot of room to drop 5 of his offensive AP, as for the 5 Defensive AP's you'd have to give up.

I'd take them from the human tree.

My build would have
core
(1) action boost: damage
(2) str
Tiers
(3) Action surge str
(2) healing amp
(2) action surge con
(2) healing amp

That's what I think too, giving up 3rd tier Hamp seems like a fair deal to me.
Although I'm a big fan of even levels. So, it will feel kinda odd to go 9/8/3 over 10/8/2.
Currently leveling with q-sticks and Henshin Mystic, which is tons of fun.

IP Logged

radonek
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Sep 9th, 2013 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
Does the improved martial arts feat work with this build. It seems kind of gray if it will work with cleaver because it doesn't mention axes. But as we know, this build makes axes a ki weapon and you remain centered. If improved martial arts does work with this build, would it be worth scrapping a toughness feat at 24 or 27?

IP Logged

Takllin
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Sep 9th, 2013 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
radonek wrote on Sep 9th, 2013 at 12:32pm:
Does the improved martial arts feat work with this build. It seems kind of gray if it will work with cleaver because it doesn't mention axes. But as we know, this build makes axes a ki weapon and you remain centered. If improved martial arts does work with this build, would it be worth scrapping a toughness feat at 24 or 27?

You have to take 12 levels of Monk to qualify for Improved Martial Arts.

Tokun Helf Fighter/Ranger/Monk Gragurn Dwarf Barbarian Tekllin WF Wizard Jadokis WF Favored Soul
Order of the Silver Dragons

IP Logged

radonek
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Sep 9th, 2013 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
i did a 12/8 monk fighter version. i am missing some healing amp but i am still able to heal myself well and am fairly survivable

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #57 - Sep 10th, 2013 at 1:11am
Print Post  
12 monk gets you a lot over 10 monk or 10 fighter, but pally saves and DM are so good...

The way the new system lets you take seven different trees at once does multiply build choices, I'll give it that.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Sep 10th, 2013 at 8:41am
Print Post  
radonek wrote on Sep 9th, 2013 at 11:04pm:
i did a 12/8 monk fighter version. i am missing some healing amp but i am still able to heal myself well and am fairly survivable

It can work as long as you replace Empower Heal Spell with Magical Training for unlimited Rejuv Cocoons.  Wings are addictive especially when blitzing.  Personally I wouldn't consider this split until I can get a 138 Ruby of Devotion and +15 Heal augment to make up for the lost Positive Spell Power.  Unfortunately those augments are extremely scarce right now.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #59 - Sep 10th, 2013 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Sep 10th, 2013 at 8:41am:
It can work as long as you replace Empower Heal Spell with Magical Training for unlimited Rejuv Cocoons.  Wings are addictive especially when blitzing.  Personally I wouldn't consider this split until I can get a 138 Ruby of Devotion and +15 Heal augment to make up for the lost Positive Spell Power.  Unfortunately those augments are extremely scarce right now.

QMX said U19 augments were coming to the store "soon" a week ago... I dunno why the delay.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Sep 10th, 2013 at 11:34am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Sep 10th, 2013 at 10:29am:
QMX said U19 augments were coming to the store "soon" a week ago... I dunno why the delay.

Probably to establish how rare they are in game, so people are more inclined to buy them.  I'm sure I'll be disappointed, but I hope they're available in game from a GH vendor.  It doesn't really fit with GH, but there's no new "epic currency" in Shadowfell.

IP Logged

radonek
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Sep 10th, 2013 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
[quote author=785A494B54555E3B0 link=1376141993/58#58 date=1378816913]
It can work as long as you replace Empower Heal Spell with Magical Training for unlimited Rejuv Cocoons.  Wings are addictive especially when blitzing.  Personally I wouldn't consider this split until I can get a 138 Ruby of Devotion and +15 Heal augment to make up for the lost Positive Spell Power.  Unfortunately those augments are extremely scarce right now.[/quote]

Originally I was going to stick with the build that you laid out because it is very well planned and well thought out. But I had a few different hearts of wood laying around and thought I could test out the 12 monk 8 fighter split when I Tr'd knowing I could use a heart of wood to go to the Druid levels if it didn't work.

I have been using an item with a topaz of power in it to give me spell points  for rejuvy cocoon. My ADD must've kicked in somewhere because I took the second level of monk stances as a feat and didn't look ahead to realize I could've gotten them for free with 12 monk levels so that will be the feat I swap for magic training.

I have to say that I have held my own in this build. Yesterday I was level 23 doing epic hard wheeldon quests. I didn't die and I was killing things without struggling at all. Of course I did run them with one level 28 and a level 26. I was complimented on the survivability and the damage of my toon being that I was level 23 running level 27 quests.

So, thank you Caroline for sharing this build and allowing someone like me that has played for just over a year and is still trying to learn about custom building. Prior to this, the monk class never appealed to me but the versatility the class has allows you to be almost any type of character you want.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #62 - Sep 10th, 2013 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
[quote author=2D3E3B30313A345F0 link=1376141993/61#61 date=1378829463]

So, thank you Caroline [/quote]

YEAH THANKS CAROLINE !@!!!! :D

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

radonek
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Sep 10th, 2013 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Damn auto correct...thank you Carpone, sorry about that. LoL.
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2013 at 1:32pm by radonek »  

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #64 - Sep 10th, 2013 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Carpone is awesome, but calling him  Caroline might be pushing it ?
Capone is better indeed !
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2013 at 1:33pm by Wipe »  

IP Logged

radonek
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #65 - Sep 10th, 2013 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
That's what I get for typing that message out on my phone. I was trying to give him props not disrespect him. I hate autocorrect. I'm dumb enough I my own..I don't need autocorrect's help lol.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #66 - Sep 11th, 2013 at 3:31am
Print Post  
In case you were wondering, cetus/durnak, who has been the champion of kensai fighter builds since the dawn of time, has switched over to a sireth somewhat maybe kensai not really monk type enhancement build.  Feel free to mock him.  I know I will, every time I log into guild chat.   Grin

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #67 - Sep 11th, 2013 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Osharan Tregarth wrote on Sep 11th, 2013 at 3:31am:
In case you were wondering, cetus/durnak, who has been the champion of kensai fighter builds since the dawn of time, has switched over to a sireth somewhat maybe kensai not really monk type enhancement build.  Feel free to mock him.  I know I will, every time I log into guild chat.   Grin

He said on the other forum he already abandoned the sireth idea?

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #68 - Sep 11th, 2013 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
So Carpone, you never did answer that question before:

What do you think about 9\8\3 monk\fighter\druid with fatal harrier vs the original?

IP Logged

radonek
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Sep 17th, 2013 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
As I said previously in this thread, I have a 12 monk 8 fighter version of this build and I absolutely love it. I have almost all the gear though some of it are epic hard versions. Right now I am destiny farming for my last couple fate points so I can twist stand in stone.

I just acquired the guardians ring last night and was told that not all 24 of the prr will stack with a planar conflux...that I would only gain 10 additional prr. Does anyone here know if this is true?

My next question would be that since I do not have the Druid levels and don't have the empower healing spell feat, would adding a devotion augment in the red slot if cleave help make up the difference of not having the empower healing spell feat? Cleaver does enough damage without an elemental damage augment. Please forgive me if this is a noo bush question. I have played nearly as long as a lot of you guys and am trying to learn.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #70 - Sep 17th, 2013 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
radonek wrote on Sep 17th, 2013 at 12:59pm:
I just acquired the guardians ring last night and was told that not all 24 of the prr will stack with a planar conflux...that I would only gain 10 additional prr. Does anyone here know if this is true?

That 24 will stack with 15 from Planar focus but not with 12 or 14 blue augment.
Devotion in red slot in Citw weapons is awesome.
Independence / self healing, freeing feat or item slots >> 5 or so dmg per hit.
It took me kinda long time to realize too ( until I asked a better player than me, forgot about implement ), but some people are still stuck in full retard dps mentality.

IP Logged

radonek
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #71 - Sep 17th, 2013 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Sep 17th, 2013 at 1:19pm:
That 24 will stack with 15 from Planar focus but not with 12 or 14 blue augment.
Devotion in red slot in Citw weapons is awesome.
Independence / self healing, freeing feat or item slots >> 5 or so dmg per hit.
It took me kinda long time to realize too ( until I asked a better player than me, forgot about implement ), but some people are still stuck in full retard dps mentality.

Thank you for answering my question and helping to clarify the prr stacking issue. I really appreciate it. Now if I could just find those greater convalescent bracers of superior healing ill be all set. Right now I'm wearing the EE manacles of ceaseless toil. I slotted them with a topaz of power 200 to give me the spell points I need for rejuvy cocoon. I will have to play around with my fear to move my str and con around.

I am wearing the epic charged gauntlets because I can't seem to get the nethers grasp gloves to drop for me. I like the lightning strike on the charged gauntlets but that's all the gloves are doing for me. I'm probably better off wearing the pdk gauntlets for the healing amp until I can find those bracers. I just don't know where my best chance of finding them is. Hound of xoriat has Kevin's bracers but those are only 20% healing amp if I remember right.

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #72 - Sep 17th, 2013 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
radonek wrote on Sep 17th, 2013 at 2:45pm:
Kevin's bracers

Autocorrect again?

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #73 - Sep 17th, 2013 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
EH/EE Backstabber's Gloves are way better for most melee IMO than Nether Grasps. There's so many nice rings now I really don't want to have to slot Avithoul.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #74 - Sep 17th, 2013 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
tachyon wrote on Sep 11th, 2013 at 9:49pm:
So Carpone, you never did answer that question before:

What do you think about 9\8\3 monk\fighter\druid with fatal harrier vs the original?

9 Monk/8 Fighter is the core.  Make the last 3 whatever you want them to be, as long as one of them provides Positive Spell Power.  Druid happens to be the best choice because of Ram's Might.

You might want to check on Lamannia that Fatal Harrier works how it used to.  I've seen references that its functionality may have changed.

Quote:
EH/EE Backstabber's Gloves are way better for most melee IMO than Nether Grasps. There's so many nice rings now I really don't want to have to slot Avithoul.

There are enough options for Seeker X now that you could try to squeeze in SA I suppose. Personally, I don't see the need for SA hit/dmg with Cleaver.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint