Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) "User Pain Level" is at an all time low... (Read 37792 times)
AnalFissure
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

"User Pain Level" is at an all time low...
Aug 21st, 2013 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
Mainly because the users are numb from blood-loss after the 10,000 papercuts/bugs.

Ascension Chamber closed due to introduced bugs.
20th Rewards lists Fos'd.
Brand new xpack complete with uncompletable quest!
Truthful One has been hanging out in Partycrashers too much. (The Guard the guard the guar the g...)
Pale Masters not immune to Deathward or Turn Undead.
Combat Archery still doesn't work.
Improved Feint still doesn't work.
Bluff pulling is kinda broken... (once bluff'd they know where you are, they don't search for you)
Release Notes need a Reality Notes follow up. Epic GH map isn't fixed. Dodge bonuses do in fact still stack.

At least there's their FIGHTCLUB fuckup to exploit... Wonder if that got fixed in today's hotfix.

Play DDO for the fun of it.
Pay Turbine so that you can know, truly know, without doubt; that even on your worst days, you're still better at your job than they are.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Re: "User Pain Level" is at an all time low...
Reply #1 - Aug 21st, 2013 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
If user pain levels are at an all time low, it's because so many were sick of it and left. It's like saying the pain level at your hospital is at an all time low because you're managing to kill so many patients.

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #2 - Aug 21st, 2013 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
AnalFissure wrote on Aug 21st, 2013 at 7:59pm:
At least there's their FIGHTCLUB fuckup to exploit... Wonder if that got fixed in today's hotfix.

Thankfully, the one I've been abusing is still broken.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #3 - Aug 21st, 2013 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
Well fuuuuuu

IP Logged

whothefuckami
Stormreaver Piker

Oppan Gangnam Style

Reply #4 - Aug 21st, 2013 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Aug 21st, 2013 at 8:10pm:
If user pain levels are at an all time low, it's because so many were sick of it and left. It's like saying the pain level at your hospital is at an all time low because you're managing to kill so many patients.

This is gold.

Troll account, please ignore

IP Logged

majmalphunktion
Major Motherfucking Malphunktion

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Aug 21st, 2013 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
Mainly because the users are numb from blood-loss after the 10,000 papercuts/bugs.

Truthful One has been hanging out in Partycrashers too much. (The Guard the guard the guar the g...)
Bluff pulling is kinda broken... (once bluff'd they know where you are, they don't search for you)
Release Notes need a Reality Notes follow up. Epic GH map isn't fixed. Dodge bonuses do in fact still stack.

Pay Turbine so that you can know, truly know, without doubt; that even on your worst days, you're still better at your job than they are.

Enjoy the exploit while you can. Already fixed, not deployed.
And yes it is at an all time low. MOTU was at a 2000+ user pain, SC is under 400. Still not where I want it to be, but I'll take it. Last year we were on hotfix 36 or something by this point, I lost all my hair, sleep and gained 20 pounds. I still have no hair, but I'm sleeping just fine, and have lost 28 pounds...so I'm ahead of the game.
Oh and we did all this with half the team of last year (no fired, just moved to other projects). So troll away armchair developer, we are quite pleased where we are compared to last year.
Yes there are bugs..duh. Welcome to software. Let's watch our competitors tomorrow, and let's see who does more patches over the next 2 weeks. And that game is dead simple compared to the morass of stuff we have to deal with.

Seriously, if I find the dev that put in that 'feature' that is being abused right now...Sadly i can't shame any of the current team, that is an old old old checkin.

Want me to go pull a list frooommm..pick a game? Let's see...legacy of Romulus. 2 pages of issues on launch day, with what...16+ patches since XP launch? Right.

Give the buggy crap a rest. The game is in better shape now than it has been since 2011.

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Aug 21st, 2013 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 21st, 2013 at 9:37pm:
Give the buggy crap a rest. The game is in better shape now than it has been since 2011.

Perhaps it is but then again in 2011 it was in pretty shitty shape. Hell ladder bugs still ain't been fixed and I think they have been fucked up since well before 2011. MOTU was also 2 or 3 times the size of this last expansion so perhaps that's not a fair comparison.
« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2013 at 9:44pm by Darth Anonymous »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #7 - Aug 21st, 2013 at 9:41pm
Print Post  

Besides the 20th run issue, most of this stuff is in the Meh with a capital Who Gives A Fuck! category.  Especially the day after a new content release, level cap raise and enhancement pass.  I'm surprised anyone was running Ascension Chamber anyways.  Don't you have anything better to do?  WTF?  You gonna get in a few Proof is in the Poison runs, too?

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Aug 21st, 2013 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
Enjoy the exploit while you can.

Nice. So I can cite this as endorsement to do a few runs tonight without consequence? Epic normal eGH gear was already nerfed by U19 loot tables anyways and irrelevant in the face of EH/EE gear, apart from gearing alts. Might as well leave it as it is, or better yet, put finished epic loot into the end rewards for each epic quest.

There isn't much ML20 shard/seal/scroll stuff that needs to be harder to get than the Sora Kell set, or any other leveling gear. No new player with an ounce of sanity is going to ever farm epic gloves of the claw, or an epic chrono set, let alone wear them at level 28. The older players won't bother either - they're running higher level EH or EE gear.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

whothefuckami
Stormreaver Piker

Oppan Gangnam Style

Reply #9 - Aug 21st, 2013 at 10:08pm
Print Post  

Which one?

I shall take that as an endorsement to keep exploiting Fire Caves.

IP Logged

majmalphunktion

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Aug 21st, 2013 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Darth Anonymous wrote on Aug 21st, 2013 at 9:41pm:
Perhaps it is but then again in 2011 it was in pretty shitty shape. Hell ladder bugs still ain't been fixed and I think they have been fucked up since well before 2011. MOTU was also 2 or 3 times the size of this last expansion so perhaps that's not a fair comparison.

Oh it is fair...and it was not 3 times the size. The enhancement pass alone blows away anything we did in MOTU in terms of complexity.
Ladder bugs. Yeah deal with it. Phucked Up Engine thing. each one that is wonky needs to be fixed by hand.
But i can play that game. Right wall issue in Doom, causes unlimited speed and can break movement, mouse control and can throw you out of the world. never fixed.
STO: You can still beam down to a planet as a spaceship. WTF it's been 4 years can't they fix that? No. Engine phuck up. It happens.

IP Logged

majmalphunktion

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Aug 21st, 2013 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Aug 21st, 2013 at 9:59pm:
Nice. So I can cite this as endorsement to do a few runs tonight without consequence? Epic normal eGH gear was already nerfed by U19 loot tables anyways and irrelevant in the face of EH/EE gear, apart from gearing alts. Might as well leave it as it is, or better yet, put finished epic loot into the end rewards for each epic quest.

There isn't much ML20 shard/seal/scroll stuff that needs to be harder to get than the Sora Kell set, or any other leveling gear. No new player with an ounce of sanity is going to ever farm epic gloves of the claw, or an epic chrono set, let alone wear them at level 28. The older players won't bother either - they're running higher level EH or EE gear.

that isn't even the good one.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Aug 21st, 2013 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 21st, 2013 at 10:10pm:

I never get to hear the good ones. PM please.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

whothefuckami
Stormreaver Piker

Oppan Gangnam Style

Reply #13 - Aug 21st, 2013 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 21st, 2013 at 10:10pm:

10/10 for trolling.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #14 - Aug 21st, 2013 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Aug 21st, 2013 at 10:11pm:
I never get to hear the good ones. PM please.

There's an exploit with the LR+20 stone where you can get 6 Million EXPs instead of the 4.375 Million or whatever. It is possible to keep advancing to level 28.

Before you ask, no, I don't know how to do it but I've been thinking about it.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

whothefuckami
Stormreaver Piker

Oppan Gangnam Style

Reply #15 - Aug 21st, 2013 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Aug 21st, 2013 at 10:14pm:
There's an exploit with the LR+20 stone where you can get 6 Million EXPs instead of the 4.375 Million or whatever. It is possible to keep advancing to level 28.

Before you ask, no, I don't know how to do it but I've been thinking about it.

Yeah I think I know how to do that one, it just takes sooooooo long. Only slightly faster than grinding the XP and so painfully boring.

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #16 - Aug 21st, 2013 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
It was posted on the main forums I think is where I saw it. Prob cubed.

IP Logged

whothefuckami
Stormreaver Piker

Oppan Gangnam Style

Reply #17 - Aug 21st, 2013 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
CosmicCharlie wrote on Aug 21st, 2013 at 10:18pm:
It was posted on the main forums I think is where I saw it. Prob cubed.

If you knew how to do it you probably wouldn't want to.

Perform repetitive action, get 835 XP. Repeat until your bleed from orifices you didn't even know you had.

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #18 - Aug 21st, 2013 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/422777-MASSIVE-BUG-Be-aware

whothefuckami wrote on Aug 21st, 2013 at 10:21pm:
If you knew how to do it you probably wouldn't want to.

Perform repetitive action, get 835 XP. Repeat until your bleed from orifices you didn't even know you had.

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #19 - Aug 21st, 2013 at 11:05pm
Print Post  

Hey, as long as the "non-beneficial" bugs are fixed too, it's all good. History tends to make me skeptical that's going to happen, but I would love to be proven wrong.

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Aug 21st, 2013 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 21st, 2013 at 10:09pm:
STO: You can still beam down to a planet as a spaceship. WTF it's been 4 years can't they fix that? No. Engine phuck up. It happens.

4 years huh. Perhaps beaming is a bad example for you to give. Porting from town to wilderness in Gianthold & messages when leaving an airship come to mind.

I heard that they made all of the STO dev team wear red shirts in order to constantly remind them that they were all expendable.
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2013 at 12:35am by Darth Anonymous »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #21 - Aug 22nd, 2013 at 12:14am
Print Post  

It may have relatively less bugs : content ratio.  But the game was in a much better state in 2011.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Khyberian
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Aug 22nd, 2013 at 12:23am
Print Post  
And yes it is at an all time low. MOTU was at a 2000+ user pain, SC is under 400. Still not where I want it to be, but I'll take it. Last year we were on hotfix 36 or something by this point, I lost all my hair, sleep and gained 20 pounds. I still have no hair, but I'm sleeping just fine, and have lost 28 pounds...so I'm ahead of the game.
Oh and we did all this with half the team of last year (no fired, just moved to other projects). So troll away armchair developer, we are quite pleased where we are compared to last year.
Yes there are bugs..duh. Welcome to software. Let's watch our competitors tomorrow, and let's see who does more patches over the next 2 weeks. And that game is dead simple compared to the morass of stuff we have to deal with.

Seriously, if I find the dev that put in that 'feature' that is being abused right now...Sadly i can't shame any of the current team, that is an old old old checkin.

Want me to go pull a list frooommm..pick a game? Let's see...legacy of Romulus. 2 pages of issues on launch day, with what...16+ patches since XP launch? Right.

I kinda agree with all of this except the go ahead and exploit comment.  WTF?  Aren't you supposed to not acknowledge that there is an exploit.  It takes the fun out of it,dude, or it would if I knew wtf it was.

This is pretty clean, this expansion, and a day-after hotfox was impressive.

IP Logged

Khyberian
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Aug 22nd, 2013 at 12:28am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 21st, 2013 at 9:41pm:
Besides the 20th run issue, most of this stuff is in the Meh with a capital Who Gives A Fuck! category.  Especially the day after a new content release, level cap raise and enhancement pass.  I'm surprised anyone was running Ascension Chamber anyways.  Don't you have anything better to do?  WTF?  You gonna get in a few Proof is in the Poison runs, too?

This.

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Aug 22nd, 2013 at 12:30am
Print Post  
Seems to me like several of the bugs dropped from the same stupid decision to mess with items that perhaps were best left alone. If FoS had not gone off chasing windmills and beating are swords into plowshares then perhaps Turbine's expansion would of gone even smoother.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint