Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) New TR Guide? (Read 27407 times)
OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

New TR Guide?
Aug 28th, 2013 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Anyone have one they like?  Running most quests on E seems to work pretty well, but I'm looking for good repeat spots.

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Re: New TR Guide?
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2013 at 5:57am
Print Post  
Doing stuff earlier to get bravery and then repeating daily worked for us this life.
Maybe not that fast ( no 500k daily or anything like that ).
For example we did Vale and RR at 17.
2 GoP, Vol, Litanies, TBF, ETK, Mona,Sane Asylums, Missings, Rwtd every day.
Basically doing quests earlier then you normally would and farming it daily.
I could see it working for stuff like Von 3, Shadowcrypt, maybe we' ll do it at lvl 8 or such and farm it every day twice from lvl 8 - 15.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2013 at 8:14am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Aug 29th, 2013 at 5:57am:
Doing stuff earlier to get bravery and then repeating daily worked for us this life.
I could see it working for stuff like Von 3, Shadowcrypt, maybe we' ll do it at lvl 8 or such and farm it every day twice from lvl 8 - 15.

Ok, I know that "over level" XP penalty in Epics is gone,
but what about heroic content?

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #3 - Aug 29th, 2013 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Some stuff is worth doing twice daily even at - 40 or so over level penalty.
Tangleroot, Delera 2 , 4, von 3 , Shadowcrypt, Wiz king, shit like that.
Going to get ETK, litany into daily " rotation " asap next life.
There's that daily 20 % too.

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #4 - Aug 29th, 2013 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Like Encair said, you can practically do everything much earlier. Shadow Crypt is a good example; at -80 it's 8k exp a run which is still 1k a minute due to how fast it is. Same thing with VoN 3, except it gets a little better as you can cut down the repeat penalty and pick up more exp by doing traps and getting ransack.

Quests are still farmable, just not all of them. I think quests with more % exp objectives such as vol are the best to do at -80 or 'daily'.

Personally, I ran Shadow Crypt at least 50 times from level 11 to 12, then 12 to partially 14. Mainly because everything sucks EXP wise when you hit 12 besides von 2. It does get very sickening quickly though, especially when someone\you messes up on a gear or something... 
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2013 at 1:14pm by tachyon »  

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Reply #5 - Aug 29th, 2013 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
tachyon wrote on Aug 29th, 2013 at 12:50pm:
Like Encair said, you can practically do everything much earlier. Shadow Crypt is a good example; at -80 it's 8k exp a run which is still 1k a minute due to how fast it is. Same thing with VoN 2, except it gets a little better as you can cut down the repeat penalty and pick up more exp by doing traps and getting ransack.

Quests are still farmable, just not all of them. I think quests with more % exp objectives such as vol are the best to do at -80 or 'daily'.

Personally, I ran Shadow Crypt at least 50 times from level 11 to 12, then 12 to partially 14. Mainly because everything sucks EXP wise when you hit 12 besides von 2. It does get very sickening quickly though, especially when someone\you messes up on a gear or something... 

I think this makes sense...  Von3, right?  Might do OOB too, but I just like that one. 

One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #6 - Aug 29th, 2013 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Aug 29th, 2013 at 1:02pm:
I think this makes sense...  Von3, right?  Might do OOB too, but I just like that one. 

Thanks for the catch.

OOB is a little bit too slow to farm for my taste when you combine the running time to quest\time for quest completion.  You're probably better off running more VoN 3 at 13 (but make sure you have a trapper as -90 will kill the exp) and doing all of the 11's for BB. Even a quest like Framework would probably be better I think, even though it's the level above.

« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2013 at 1:14pm by tachyon »  

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #7 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:35am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Aug 29th, 2013 at 5:57am:

Yeah, I've been seeing a lot of people doing the Delera's 2/4, von 3, fens, shadow crypt repeats to get up to level 13 or so.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

whothefuckami
Stormreaver Piker

Oppan Gangnam Style

Reply #8 - Sep 5th, 2013 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
If you aren't doing a 36 hours RL time life, do stuff really under level.

Next life, I'll be hitting Shadow Crypt at 6 or so. Then every day you log on, go run it 3-4 more times.

Troll account, please ignore

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #9 - Sep 5th, 2013 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
Dont forget to hit Litany/Sane at 13 daily and do vale at 15 + devils farm.

IP Logged

whothefuckami
Stormreaver Piker

Oppan Gangnam Style

Reply #10 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 2:43am
Print Post  
tachyon wrote on Sep 5th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
Dont forget to hit Litany/Sane at 13 daily and do vale at 15 + devils farm.

Yeah this, and if you can do them lower do them lower.

IP Logged

whothefuckami
Stormreaver Piker

Oppan Gangnam Style

Reply #11 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 2:47am
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Aug 29th, 2013 at 1:02pm:

Maraud is better than OOB for XP/min. OOB is more fun though.

Don't forget Invaders, again it requires a good group though.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Reply #12 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 8:30am
Print Post  
whothefuckami wrote on Sep 6th, 2013 at 2:47am:

Maraud is definitely faster and easier to farm...  But OOB is definitely lots of fun.  It vexed me when I first started playing.  Now I love the heck out of it...

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #13 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
whothefuckami wrote on Sep 6th, 2013 at 2:47am:

I have to say I agree with whothefuckisaduck.....

and I love invaders farming Cheesy

Terebinthia wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 9:26pm:
the Wayward Lobster is a retard petting zoo.

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #14 - Sep 8th, 2013 at 3:31am
Print Post  
kierg10 wrote on Sep 6th, 2013 at 10:54pm:
I have to say I agree with whothefuckisaduck.....

and I love invaders farming Cheesy

Agreed. Invaders farming is exceptionally sexy with a good group, plus you get to link your hundreds of outsider tokens everywhere.

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #15 - Sep 9th, 2013 at 9:03am
Print Post  
Daily first time XP bonus means no more grind-farming is needed. 1E 2H 1N and go back the next day 1H. My flowersniffing buddy made 20 in 2 weeks. I ran VON3 7 times to cap level 11 instead of 14 times and other quests. Skipped Bloody and Shadow crypt this life too. I really hope they dont nerf this

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Reply #16 - Sep 9th, 2013 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Luxgolg wrote on Sep 9th, 2013 at 9:03am:
Daily first time XP bonus means no more grind-farming is needed. 1E 2H 1N and go back the next day 1H. My flowersniffing buddy made 20 in 2 weeks. I ran VON3 7 times to cap level 11 instead of 14 times and other quests. Skipped Bloody and Shadow crypt this life too. I really hope they dont nerf this

I'm starting to think this too...  Just took 15th early on an Arti life...wanted my BB...  Normally I'd grind Sands and some Lordsmarch, but I think I will just hit those E then H and go to GH.

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #17 - Sep 9th, 2013 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
Is everyone still banking exp, or just taking levels as they come?

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Reply #18 - Sep 10th, 2013 at 9:38am
Print Post  
tachyon wrote on Sep 9th, 2013 at 11:25pm:
Is everyone still banking exp, or just taking levels as they come?

Depends on class and which levels...  I usually level up to 8 regardless.  For levels with fewer good XP quests, I may hold a level getting into them.  Gear may drive it too.  Anxious for GS, etc.

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #19 - Sep 10th, 2013 at 10:59am
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Sep 9th, 2013 at 12:25pm:
I'm starting to think this too...  Just took 15th early on an Arti life...wanted my BB...  Normally I'd grind Sands and some Lordsmarch, but I think I will just hit those E then H and go to GH.

Im actually being told to run quests 2 levels higher, not lower for bb and daily bonus. I'll need to ask him some more questions, but he capped in 8 days, playing nights with no pots.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #20 - Sep 13th, 2013 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
There's no point in holding off on content anymore since you can't actually grind it out. 

I was running a hard litany on a level 18/19 and getting 20k for it each day.  And that was after I had ground the shit out of it at level 17 right before the change.  I was pulling like 5 or 6k per run when I stopped. 

No need to hold off on Shadow Crypt, Deleras, Von3, Wiz King, Diplo Immunity, etc.

It's more about what you can handle at a certain level.  The sooner you get into the high XP/min content, the better off you are, actually.

I am starting to like the new system better because it encourages you to challenge yourself with content above your level and because it allows you to run a more varied content vs. grinding the same quest 5-7 times in a row.  I hate doing that.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Sep 18th, 2013 at 1:18am
Print Post  
New xp ransack is the tits!

I Re-hit Litany at 18, Wiz King at 15, VoN basically Carpone's old guides. So much easier now I think to hit those quest 1
to 2 levels under, then go back to them until 2 levels over.

Capped in 10 days wasn't even playing hard. Allsso no xp Pot, and BB bonus was only 120 at end of life.
« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2013 at 1:20am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

whothefuckami
Stormreaver Piker

Oppan Gangnam Style

Reply #22 - Sep 20th, 2013 at 9:08am
Print Post  
Doing elite VON3 at 7 or 8 is a fucking lot of fun.
Running hard VON3 three times a day until 14 is less so, unless you level from 7 to 14 in one or two play sessions.

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #23 - Sep 20th, 2013 at 10:01am
Print Post  
whothefuckami wrote on Sep 20th, 2013 at 9:08am:
Doing elite VON3 at 7 or 8 is a fucking lot of fun.
Running hard VON3 three times a day until 14 is less so, unless you level from 7 to 14 in one or two play sessions.

The problem i'm having, esp this life PM Wiz is finding a group that I can go with. My regular TR group capped in 4 days this time. Cut it in half from pre XP boost

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #24 - Sep 25th, 2013 at 7:22am
Print Post  
I hate to say it, but from a purely selfish point of view the new mechanics pan out from my point of view because I wouldn't have had time to farm the hell out of quests in a night anyway.  When you can't run more than a small handful of quests in any given evening due to time constraints, you don't want to run shit you don't like to run. 

When the shit you DO like to run gives you full XP all over again the next day, that's awesome.  It also helps resolve the contradiction between farming for particular loot and levelling; you can go back every day until you pull what you want, getting XP for it every time.

All in all, I gotta say it works for me.

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint