Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic What to do with a Dwarf Barb? (Read 5835 times)
Persiflage
Abbot Raider

What to do with a Dwarf Barb?
Sep 16th, 2013 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
Yeah, yeah, I know: delete the fucker.  Still and all, he's sitting there at 16th level with a +20 heart and it seems a shame to not at least *try* something.  Obviously there's no good way to get to any build including Monk levels (why the hell they couldn't have let you change alignment when redoing your toon I have no fucking clue) so what's left?

He's currently 15 Barb/1 Fighter - no, I don't know why either, it was a long time ago - alignment is NG.  I find barb incredibly boring, which is why he has been sitting there so long, so does anyone have any ideas for something fun and interesting involving big axes that he could do?

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Re: What to do with a Dwarf Barb?
Reply #1 - Sep 16th, 2013 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
1 druid for Rams might 
3 more fighter for extra feats, tactics and damage from Kensei.

Then, farm Eberron epics for 20 tokens to buy a true heart. TR into one of the 9 monk 8 fighter centered axe user builds.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #2 - Sep 16th, 2013 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
spathic wrote on Sep 16th, 2013 at 12:13pm:
1 druid for Rams might 
3 more fighter for extra feats, tactics and damage from Kensei.

Then, farm Eberron epics for 20 tokens to buy a true heart. TR into one of the 9 monk 8 fighter centered axe user builds.

I was thinking maybe take current level split to 6 Barb / 8 Fighter; I could stick a couple of Druid levels on there to bring him back to 16 and pick up the Doublestrike action boost.  Then another 4 Fighter for the feats and the Power Surge, I guess...

And then, yes, TR  Wink  Thoughts?

wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #3 - Sep 16th, 2013 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Drop in some bard and take advantage of the stacking nature of the skaldic rage. It adds +4 str/con to your barb rage, without even being active. Not WAI, so exploit early and often.

Or just finish out your 4 levels to TR. What life is he on? What past life feat could you use? Why not save the +20 in case you really need it?

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #4 - Sep 16th, 2013 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Sep 16th, 2013 at 12:59pm:
Drop in some bard and take advantage of the stacking nature of the skaldic rage. It adds +4 str/con to your barb rage, without even being active. Not WAI, so exploit early and often.

Or just finish out your 4 levels to TR. What life is he on? What past life feat could you use? Why not save the +20 in case you really need it?

Bard is an interesting idea...

He's only a first-life toon, and frankly I've got no long-term plans for him; it's just something to do.  I've got 14 toons with +20 hearts and no more than a few hours a week to play.  Hell, I haven't even got around to clearing down my TR cache to start my main's next life; I've been on perhaps 4 or 5 evenings since U19.  I know it doesn't take that long to get those last four levels on a first life, but my play time is so limited that even that much time spent playing a character I hate is painful.

I just can't get on with Barbs; they bore me to tears.  Honestly, the only reason I'm thinking of including ANY barb levels is run speed and the Angry Arms enhancements for extra glancing blow procs...  I will TR this toon at some point after hitting cap, but with the level range expanding and Epic TR'ing being introduced I can't think when I'll have time.  I'm just looking for a THF'ing G-axe platform, simply because he already has axes Smiley

EDIT: I should have just asked "What would be a good G-Axe build when it's not possible to get Monk into the mix?" and left it at that  Wink
« Last Edit: Sep 16th, 2013 at 1:23pm by Persiflage »  

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #5 - Sep 16th, 2013 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
You on Khyber, no ?
THEN CRUSH IT !!!
If you are on Ghallanda and Gmt ish, come and pike to cap, but promise you never ever move the toon from the start of the quest.
Payment to be decided, I think 30 shards / barbie level is fair =  600 shards with full retard bonus.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #6 - Sep 16th, 2013 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Sep 16th, 2013 at 1:57pm:
You on Khyber, no ?
THEN CRUSH IT !!!
If you are on Ghallanda and Gmt ish, come and pike to cap, but promise you never ever move the toon from the start of the quest.
Payment to be decided, I think 30 shards / barbie level is fair =  600 shards with full retard bonus.

LMFAO!  Smiley

Woe is me, for I am on Khyber: and the Great One who first made manifest to his followers the Crushing of It has long since departed...

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #7 - Sep 16th, 2013 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on Sep 16th, 2013 at 12:04pm:
Obviously there's no good way to get to any build including Monk levels

poor newbie.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #8 - Sep 16th, 2013 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Sep 16th, 2013 at 4:01pm:
poor newbie.

Come then, oh wise one; short of TR'ing, how in hell do I get from 15 levels of Barb to a build with Monk levels in it without burning assloads of TP?  Only way I can see is to swallow the +20 heart to switch Barb to Fighter (or whatever), then do an alignment change to LN, then multiple +x hearts to replace [whatever] with Monk.

If you know different, share plz.

IP Logged

Sindarin
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Sep 17th, 2013 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
I turned my 16 barb into a 12/4 barb/fighter.

Still can't bring myself to play it.  Somehow, managed to get her to 16 when that was the cap.  Not sure she has even picked up a point of XP since then.

The concept seems interesting but her complete lack of self-healing really discourages me though.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #10 - Sep 17th, 2013 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
6 barb adds some nice dps, but is as garbage as barbs ever were for self-sufficiency. I wouldn't add barb levels to any character unless I had my own personal healbot.

Personally I'd get OP's to 20 and take the barb PL and TR.
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2013 at 3:51pm by cdr »  

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #11 - Sep 17th, 2013 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Sep 17th, 2013 at 3:50pm:
6 barb adds some nice dps, but is as garbage as barbs ever were for self-sufficiency. I wouldn't add barb levels to any character unless I had my own personal healbot.

Personally I'd get OP's to 20 and take the barb PL and TR.

I hear ya, I really do, but there aren't enough playing hours in my week to make it a worthwhile exercise soloing a first-life barb from 16 to 20  :/  I already have buckets of TR projects to undertake; enough to last me several years at my current rate - so getting a THF'er platform that isn't horribly boring is about all I can think of to do with him.   Smiley

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #12 - Sep 17th, 2013 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
If you have so many projects already, why take on another? Let him rot.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #13 - Sep 17th, 2013 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Sep 17th, 2013 at 6:13pm:
If you have so many projects already, why take on another? Let him rot.

Eh, 'cos he has a +20 heart I'm not otherwise going to use, he's a dwarf and he's already loaded up with g-axes.  It's a concept I just like the idea of messing about with: the only 2HF'er I've ever capped prior to this was a stick build, back in the days when I understood how to do this stuff  Wink

Of course, if it turned out to look like a useful build I'd consider spending more time on it, but I'm just looking for something fun and easy to play in the meantime.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #14 - Sep 17th, 2013 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on Sep 16th, 2013 at 4:55pm:
Come then, oh wise one; short of TR'ing, how in hell do I get from 15 levels of Barb to a build with Monk levels in it without burning assloads of TP?  Only way I can see is to swallow the +20 heart to switch Barb to Fighter (or whatever), then do an alignment change to LN, then multiple +x hearts to replace [whatever] with Monk.

If you know different, share plz.

Or, you could try using the +20 heart, after 1 lvl of fighter use the alignment change. If you want full monk, then it just allows you to use a +1 heart when finished leveling. Just take the rest of the levels as a monk except the 1st. This is the only way. Otherwise, you can do the popular monk split with fighter. I hear it is good, but I am a purist when it comes to monks.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #15 - Sep 17th, 2013 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Sep 17th, 2013 at 7:43pm:
Or, you could try using the +20 heart, after 1 lvl of fighter use the alignment change. If you want full monk, then it just allows you to use a +1 heart when finished leveling. Just take the rest of the levels as a monk except the 1st. This is the only way. Otherwise, you can do the popular monk split with fighter. I hear it is good, but I am a purist when it comes to monks.

That... is genius.  I will try that tomorrow, thank you!

I tend to agree about pure monks, but I have two of those already; I want to see Grasshopper laying about him with an axe for a change  Grin

[If I were being completely honest, I'd say "I want to see Grasshopper laying about him with a chainsaw", but for some inexplicable reason DDO doesn't have them.  Grrr.]

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #16 - Sep 17th, 2013 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Sep 17th, 2013 at 7:43pm:
Or, you could try using the +20 heart, after 1 lvl of fighter use the alignment change. If you want full monk, then it just allows you to use a +1 heart when finished leveling. Just take the rest of the levels as a monk except the 1st. This is the only way

You can't use alignment changes on the LR airship.
It's not the only way.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #17 - Sep 18th, 2013 at 3:18am
Print Post  
Did they fix the ability to leave the airship?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint