Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Monk gearing at level 28 (Read 14737 times)
QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Monk gearing at level 28
Oct 9th, 2013 at 4:41am
Print Post  
OK guys, since Meat-head’s monk thread delved into Improved Sunder talk, I’ll start my own thread about this: How are you gearing your monks at level 28?

Stunning Wraps and a +10 Sunder Ring (or the reverse) is a no brainer.  And I could do either option.

But, I can’t seem to escape the Spider-spun Caparison.  +3 Insightful WIS or DEX, Vitality, Reinforced Fists, and Enhanced Ki all in one slot is just too damn hard to slot elsewhere.  Yes, Arkat's Cord has Vitality and big fists, but I burn thru ki like a madman cycling Stunning Fist and Quivering Palm.  The House Cannith necklace is an option, but That wastes a slot for a Wondrous Craftsmanship item.

I’d also like to slot a HP/HP/SP + CHA skills greensteel item.  11 Base Skill, +8 Epic Skills, +6 ex CHA, +7 24 CHA, +4 GH, +2 Tome = 38 UMD

I have some Greater Convalescent bracers of Parrying VIII for the healing amp and insight bonus to saves.

So, give me some ideas here.  (Aim for Epic Hard gear, I don’t have the patience for EE farming.)

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Re: Monk gearing at level 28
Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 4:57am
Print Post  
All of your questions were answered in meats thread.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Reply #2 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 6:11am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Oct 9th, 2013 at 4:57am:
All of your questions were answered in meats thread.

I’m looking for more than just “What Greensteel item should I use?”  I’m interested in what other named gear people are chasing after and what they are leaving for augment slots.

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #3 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 6:22am
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Oct 9th, 2013 at 6:11am:
I’m looking for more than just “What Greensteel item should I use?”  I’m interested in what other named gear people are chasing after and what they are leaving for augment slots.

There's a grand total of 8 pieces of EE gear that you'd want to have on a monk. How fucking hard is it to look it up on the wiki?

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #4 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
If this helps any, go for sundering wraps from Eveningstar if you can't be bothered to get alchemical. Get the right one (not hard if you stocked up on shizzle) and you'll be set.

Holy + Lifestealing + Shatter 10 + Lightning Strike hell yeah  Cheesy

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
as far as i understand the roulette that es-challenge weapons are is that stunning/shatter & lifestealing are mutually exclusive:

1st effect: acid,cold, force sonic etc 2d6
2nd: shroud style big number proc, lit strike, disint, salt etc
3rd: tactical boni or stat/level drain
4th metal base or some untyped dmg effect like hemoraging/fracturing also seen saves boost good luck/parrying

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #6 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Quote:
as far as i understand the roulette that es-challenge weapons are is that stunning/shatter & lifestealing are mutually exclusive:

4th metal base or some untyped dmg effect like hemoraging/fracturing also seen saves boost good luck/parrying

Hm, wiki says (generally something from group A or B again) for the fourth enhancement on the weapon, so I figured you could have both. Guess not.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #7 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Oct 9th, 2013 at 4:41am:
OK guys, since Meat-head’s monk thread delved into Improved Sunder talk, I’ll start my own thread about this: How are you gearing your monks at level 28?

Stunning Wraps and a +10 Sunder Ring (or the reverse) is a no brainer.  And I could do either option.

But, I can’t seem to escape the Spider-spun Caparison.  +3 Insightful WIS or DEX, Vitality, Reinforced Fists, and Enhanced Ki all in one slot is just too damn hard to slot elsewhere.  Yes, Arkat's Cord has Vitality and big fists, but I burn thru ki like a madman cycling Stunning Fist and Quivering Palm.  The House Cannith necklace is an option, but That wastes a slot for a Wondrous Craftsmanship item.

I’d also like to slot a HP/HP/SP + CHA skills greensteel item.  11 Base Skill, +8 Epic Skills, +6 ex CHA, +7 24 CHA, +4 GH, +2 Tome = 38 UMD

I have some Greater Convalescent bracers of Parrying VIII for the healing amp and insight bonus to saves.

So, give me some ideas here.  (Aim for Epic Hard gear, I don’t have the patience for EE farming.)

I don't have an endgame perfect gear plan yet, so I'll play.

Trinket: Planar +3? Shamanic? Litany? Other that isn't coming to me?
Head: Dragon Helm OR Deadly/Accuracy + slot depending on armor?
Goggles: Shadowsight (wis11)
Neck: FoT lit/sonic? Shroud hp/permablur?
Armor: Dragon or Spiderspun prolly
Cloak: Bear imo/Cloak of night/Ghostwaking
Belt: Arkats? /Sparehand?
Wrist: Conv/Parry
Gloves: Str+Dodge?/PDK?
R1: ToD HB? Stalker? Shadows?Guardian?
R2: Dunrobar shatter or stun
Wraps: t3 Alchems? Antipodes? A. Knuckles? Cormyrian?Thunder and Lightning?
Boots: Goatskin(speedXV, 115fort)?

What I see is a heck of a lot of choices..

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #8 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
Worth remembering that U19 lootgen wraps can go up to +13 tactic DC, or even +14 if you want to count winning the lottery.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Reply #9 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Oct 9th, 2013 at 6:22am:
There's a grand total of 8 pieces of EE gear that you'd want to have on a monk. How fucking hard is it to look it up on the wiki?

It’s not hard looking shit up.  The problem is turning it into more than theorycrafting.  By learning what others are doing you can try to improve on it or adapt it to your situation.  Iron sharpening iron and all that. 

So, what 8 pieces are those?  And how have you been making them work on your monk?

Quote:

Holy Burst, Greater Good, and Absolute Law make appearances on the 1st enchantment.  (I couldn't find any chaos handwraps though.)
Cursespewing, Combat Mastery +3 and Tendon Slice are also options for the 3rd enchantment. Ghost Touch is an option for the 4th enchantment.  I couldn’t get any good Sunder combos from turn ins.
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2013 at 8:48pm by QuantumFX »  

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Reply #10 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Oct 9th, 2013 at 4:56pm:
What I see is a heck of a lot of choices..

Exactly!  Grin  The kicker for me is that I’d really like to keep Enhanced Ki slotted somewhere.
  • Oremi’s is a crap option right now, as enh Ki is all it offers.
  • The Alchemist’s Pendant is slightly better with the extra boost and the Elemental Hit Points.  (Allows the Greensteel item 3rd tier to be 100SP/+6 CHA skills.
  • The Spider-spun Caparison gets me a choice of +3 iDEX or iWIS, +15 Concentration, Big Fists, and Vitality 20.  I would probably want to shoot for a Wonderous Craftmanship item and overwrite the +6 Resistance though.

I also can’t seem to pull Antipode (or Pinion) to save my life.  But, I managed to pull together a decent collection of Challenge handwraps.  (No sunder wraps, though I would want the new sunder enchantment over those anyway.)

Combat Mastery is another hard choice. 
  • Epic Spare Hand: Good option so long as it doesn’t have to compete with Arkat’s Cord.*
  • Consuming Darkness: Removes my Holy Burst/+6 CHA ring, +10 Seeker is on Wonder Craft items.
  • Adamantine Cloak of the Bear: The only meaningful thing it offers is Combat Mastery.  All the other enchantments are so fucking bad that they can be replaced by level 20 Augments.
  • Skirmisher's Circlet: Only +4 and in a helmet slot.

* Dammit Arkat!  Why didn't you insist on Enhanced Ki on your motherfucking belt!?!?!  Grin

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #11 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Oct 9th, 2013 at 9:18pm:
* Dammit Arkat!  Why didn't you insist on Enhanced Ki on your motherfucking belt!?!?!  Grin

Cuz I figured reinforced fists was better AND a source that ALL monks could use. I wish I had suggested Enhanced Ki additionally though.  Embarrassed

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #12 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
Exactly!  Grin  The kicker for me is that I’d really like to keep Enhanced Ki slotted somewhere.
  • The Alchemist’s Pendant is slightly better with the extra boost and the Elemental Hit Points.  (Allows the Greensteel item 3rd tier to be 100SP/+6 CHA skills.
  • The Spider-spun Caparison gets me a choice of +3 iDEX or iWIS, +15 Concentration, Big Fists, and Vitality 20.  I would probably want to shoot for a Wonderous Craftmanship item and overwrite the +6 Resistance though.

I also can’t seem to pull Antipode (or Pinion) to save my life.  But, I managed to pull together a decent collection of Challenge handwraps.  (No sunder wraps, though I would want the new sunder enchantment over those anyway.)

Combat Mastery is another hard choice. 
  • Epic Spare Hand: Good option so long as it doesn’t have to compete with Arkat’s Cord.*
  • Consuming Darkness: Removes my Holy Burst/+6 CHA ring, +10 Seeker is on Wonder Craft items.
  • Adamantine Cloak of the Bear: The only meaningful thing it offers is Combat Mastery.  All the other enchantments are so fucking bad that they can be replaced by level 20 Augments.
  • Skirmisher's Circlet: Only +4 and in a helmet slot.

Enhanced ki IS important to me. I agree. I like Oremi's fine. Use the ring and get the 1d6 fire dmg. With a holybursted ring, that's a solid 2-slot combo still imo.

Alch pend is fine.

Spider is fine. But when you're doing earth + ocrit and getting at least x4 crit.. it's prolly time to be rocking dragonscale for the fort bypass imo. Spider is still solid though.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #13 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 10:40pm
Print Post  

You also forgot

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Frozen_Tunic

ki + freezing ice + blue + colorless slots

Freezing ice would only work in epics when mob rolls a 1.. which, added to the 5% proc rate, means about a quarter of 1% of the time........

lol.

But two slots. So...

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Reply #14 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Oct 9th, 2013 at 10:40pm:
But two slots. So...

Yeah, but that’s offset by the Caparison's Vitality (Colorless) and +15 Concentration (Colorless).  That’s the other part of all this: How are people making their augments work?

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #15 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 12:07am
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Oct 9th, 2013 at 11:20pm:
That’s the other part of all this: How are people making their augments work?

EE gear helps.

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Deathdefy
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 1:07am
Print Post  
+5 Exc Combat Mastery from Spare Hand doesn't stack with +6 Exc Combat Mastery from Bear Cloak does it?

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Reply #17 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 2:29am
Print Post  
Deathdefy wrote on Oct 10th, 2013 at 1:07am:
+5 Exc Combat Mastery from Spare Hand doesn't stack with +6 Exc Combat Mastery from Bear Cloak does it?

Nope.  And the Sheltering and Protection enchantments get overwritten, quickly, by blue PRR augments.  And hate doesn’t matter on stunned mobs.

Munkenmo wrote on Oct 10th, 2013 at 12:07am:
EE gear helps.

It depends on the augment.  A lot of the Gianthold stuff tends to not gain very much with the EE versions.  (ex Dragon helms.)  And I’m thinking that the new layout is all about colorless slots as there aren’t any insightful stat items this update.
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2013 at 2:49am by QuantumFX »  

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #18 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 4:11am
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Oct 10th, 2013 at 2:29am:
It depends on the augment.  A lot of the Gianthold stuff tends to not gain very much with the EE versions.  (ex Dragon helms.)  And I’m thinking that the new layout is all about colorless slots as there aren’t any insightful stat items this update.

This is an inventory nightmare for me too.
Loosing Enhanced Ki+, +3 ins wis, Vitality 20, reinforced fists, +15 concentration, +6 resistance all in one slot is a nightmare.
One the hand there is a White Scale set for good ole' tanking setup, on the other there is a Black Scale set for raw dps (Can reach 17% passive doublestrike).
The fact that Addy bear cloak doesn't even have a colorless slot is a spit in the face.

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #19 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 6:12am
Print Post  
Because someone was bugging me yesterday, here's my list of wanted setup:

Trinket: Planar Focus of Prowness 3 CON
Helm: Black Dragon 3 STR GFL 40 Dragon
Eyes: Shadowsight 11 WIS n/a
Neck: Shintao
Armor: Black Dragonscale Fortification-->Frozen Tunic Fortification
Cloak: Deadly 11 Accuracy 10-->Prismatic 30% Electric/Resist 10 n/a
Bracers: Twisting Shade Blurry 20%/exSeeker 5/Resist 7-->Hamp Parry
Belt: Arkat's Cunt Vitality/Fists Deathblock True Globe
Gloves: STR 10 Dodge 10%
Ring: Shintao Holy Burst
Ring: Consuming Darkness Seeker 12/Combat Mastery 5 8 CON
Boots: Halcyon Boots DEX 8 Feather Fall 2 DEX-->Kundarak Delving Boots 8 DEX

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #20 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 8:43am
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Oct 10th, 2013 at 6:12am:
Arkat's Cunt

This must be exclusive.
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2013 at 12:20pm by tachyon »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #21 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 1:49am
Print Post  
Apparently my setup, "lacks synergy, and looks like stuff I've acquired whilst leveling"

Anyone got any suggestions for changes?

Docent EE Livewood Core
goggles wise +10 of Accuracy            colorless : 8cha
Helmet Black +3 str                        Green: 16prr      yellow: 250sp
Necklace Pendant of the storm reaver            yellow : Draconic Soul Gem
Trinket Deadly Trinket of Resistance            colorless : 8 dex
Cloak Adamantine Wolf
Belt Epic Spare hand                        Blue : Goodluck +2  Colorless : Imperial Blood
Ring 2 Epic Stalker ring                  Yellow : Fear Immunity      Colorless : 8 dex
Gloves EE backstabber                        Yellow : Deathblock
Boots Greensteel 25hp, displace clicky, 6cha skills / 100sp
7 con, 8dodge Ring Dunrobar Stunning 10
Bracers EE Prisoners Manacles                  Green : 40hp      colorless : 8str

Weapons : sundering 14 random gen wraps

Notable Swap Gear
Alchemists Pendant
Henshin mystic necklace + Oremis Holy Burst tod ring.
Antipode and +3 Dex Planar Conflux
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2013 at 2:17am by Munkenmo »  

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #22 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 2:13am
Print Post  
The only thing I see that's not really synergistic is the incite from the manacles and the diversion on the cloak.

I'd maybe want the Mabar cloak over the wolf cloak, but if you don't have it, meh.  Maybe Shadowsight for goggles, same enchantments, but with slots.

My plan for my WF monk was to use the Bear cloak for combat mastery, Arkat's cord for +W, and conv/parrying bracers... but you're Bladeforged now, right?  Not so much need for h.amp.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #23 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 2:40am
Print Post  
Shadowsight Goggles are on my To Get list, my current ones are place holders Sad

Tbh looking at it.  I think I'll do this

Docent EE Livewood Core
goggles wise +10 of Accuracy                  colorless : 8int
Helmet Black +3 str                        Green: 16prr      yellow: 250sp
Necklace Pendant of the storm reaver            yellow : Draconic Soul Gem
Trinket Deadly Trinket of Resistance            colorless : 8 dex
Cloak Ghostwalking cloak
Belt Arkat's Cord                        Green : 40hp  yellow : Imperial Blood
Ring 2 EE EE Consuming Darkness                  Green : Goodluck +2      
Gloves EE backstabber                        Yellow : Deathblock
Boots Greensteel 25hp, displace clicky, 6cha skills / 100sp
Ring Dunrobar Stunning 10
Bracers EE Steady Handed Armbands            yellow: fear immunity      colorless : 8str

Wraps:
random gen sundering 12  Reconstruction 134

Stats :
Enhancement bonus
11 wis, 8 str,dex,int,cha. 7 con.
Insightful Bonus
3 con, 3wis, 3str
Exceptional bonus
1 all stats

Saves / defense (missing parrying, sonic resist)
10 Resistance bonus, 8 dodge, 16prr, 30 elemental resists, 15DR / Evil

Damage mods (missing double strike)
Seeker 12, exceptional seeker 5, sneak attack 5, exceptional sneak attack 3, Deadly 10, Deception, Reinforced fists

Combat DC's
10 stunning, 12 sundering, 5 Combat mastery
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2013 at 3:06am by Munkenmo »  

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #24 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 4:54am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 2:40am:
Ring 2 EE Consuming Darkness                  Green : Goodluck +2

Fuck you and your luck.

IP Logged