Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Monk gearing at level 28 (Read 14771 times)
Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Re: Monk gearing at level 28
Reply #25 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 5:43am
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 4:54am:
Fuck you and your luck.

Don't have it yet.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #26 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 6:31am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 5:43am:
Don't have it yet.

Had me worried there for a second. Been running WGU lately and the fucking POS doesn't seem to want to drop (for me).

And IIRC you have shitty luck just like me  Wink

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #27 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 6:54am
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 6:31am:
And IIRC you have shitty luck just like me 

146 tods to get a shintao ring Sad

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #28 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
I would roll with twisting shade and swap your boots for goatskins. Resistances from your cloak and bracers would stack + you would lose all of the GS goodness but you wouldn't have to haste yourself Cheesy

Another option with that is to wear the stolen necklace for more CHA, and land a wizardry version. You lose pendant DPS, but open up your cloak again.

Looks good anyway. As long as you're wearing a livewood core your badassery will be fine  Wink
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2013 at 12:48pm by tachyon »  

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #29 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Goatskin are even harder to get than Consuming Darkness. At least Consuming Darkness only comes in one version - Goatskin have maybe 3 decent iterations out of 10.

A decent Goatskin is the one item from U19 I still haven't gotten.

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #30 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 1:28pm:
Goatskin are even harder to get than Consuming Darkness. At least Consuming Darkness only comes in one version - Goatskin have maybe 3 decent iterations out of 10.

A decent Goatskin is the one item from U19 I still haven't gotten.

I agree with this. I feel like they put all those resist versions just to make us rage. They probably have a script that takes a picture of you if your computer\laptop is equipped with a webcam just to laugh at your face at work when you loot a poop version of the item you want.

The good thing is you can pretty much use any +8 stat on there, Munk. The CON version just nets you +1 more I guess.

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #31 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 at 6:31am:
Had me worried there for a second. Been running WGU lately and the fucking POS doesn't seem to want to drop (for me).

And IIRC you have shitty luck just like me  Wink

Any tips for running WGU? I plan to farm it with my Wis Monk for myself and with guildies. The only time I ran it was at 19 on Heroic Elite, and that last battle was too much for the party. I figure I'd run in GMoF for EiN, knockdown and max QP DCs.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #32 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Tactics monks are a godsend in EE WGU. Makes the enormous waves of trash much quicker. Just clear trash until you get to the top, have someone get the attention of the respawning shadar-kai assassins and sit in a safe spot, kill the stuff that doesn't respawn and win.

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #33 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
With current gear it looks like I have a QP and EiN DC of 60. I think I'll be farming EH.

IP Logged

MrWindupBird
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
Havent played my monk (16/2fighter/2fvs human) much lately, but I think this gearlist is solid and slightly different from what I've seen tossed around.

Hat: Black Helm: 3dex, Draconic Ferocity. Slots:7str/Globe
Eyes: EE Shadowsight: 11 wis, Accuray 10. Slot: Good luck
Bracers: 30%amp Superior parrying
Gloves: EE Backstabbers: Improved deception, Sneak attack +5/+3. Slot: 200sp
Boots: EE Goatskin: 8 dex, Speed XV. Slots: +2wis, +14 PRR
Cloak: Deadly 10/Resist 10
Body: Black robe. Slot: Heavy Fort
Belt: Spare Hand. Slots: +35 hp, Toughness
Neck: Alchemists Pendant: +1 boost, +1 ki/hit, +20 hp.
Ring1: Shintao/holyburst
Ring2: DunRobar 7con, +10 shatter, 8% dodge.
Trinket: Planar Focus of Prowess, +3con
Weapon: Antipode. Slot: devotion. As many displace clicks as you can cram in your inventory

I use a 10 CHA ring as a swap for divine might. The stats/slots are for the gear I have and are very interchangeable as long as you manage to cover the bases.  Bauble/etc helps with Cocoon/Recon sp.

I don't really swap weapons anymore: enough clickies to deal with, Antipode is good-enough in every situation, and is a good source of positive spell-power and PRR.

The set above is full of compromises and it isnt max-anything: you can get more damage or DCs out of it, but I think it's a good sweetspot. FWIW, I mostly solo (or duo) EE 6mans in LD, so I use Quivering Palm frequently but selectively, and don't really rely on it. I think I usually have a high 60s DC QP, mid 70s stunning fist: the Quivering palm is not no-fail, and if you're looking for that this is not the set for you. Its plenty good to help get a Blitz going if you are selective, and from then on things tend to die very fast to stun+smack. You may value very-high QP DC more if using the Greatcleave trick (I went the Whirlwind route instead), or if running in full groups or terrible and unable to sustain a blitz.

If I ever get around to playing this toon again I'd probably swap in EE Consuming Darkness for Shintao ring, find some good lootgen belt (10 str/50hp or something). Or if you want to keep holyburst, use a +6cha ring.

If TR'ing to bladeforged from fleshy, the bracers open up. Unfortunately I really don't see a better option there than superior parrying anyway: Seeker 5 is underwhelming on unarmed crits, even with all the 19-20 crit multipliers.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #35 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
MrWindupBird wrote on Nov 17th, 2013 at 8:46pm:
Unfortunately I really don't see a better option there than superior parrying anyway: Seeker 5 is underwhelming on unarmed crits, even with all the 19-20 crit multipliers.

Agreed. I have those bracers primarily for the two slots. I wish I could find a better option, but seeker 5 is still ~2 damage per swing.

I'd pick up bracers of wind instead for perm blur, but I've got 4 sets of boot clickies now.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint