Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Zeus Build (Read 7883 times)
OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Zeus Build
Feb 9th, 2014 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/435435-Zeus-God-of-Thunder-and-Lightni...

Looks fun, but the damage output doesn't look too different from my Cetus BF build.

Thoughts?

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Re: Zeus Build
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
Zeus got laid a lot more than your Cetus build.

Seems sound.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #2 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
I think a 12rogue/4monk/4paladin is a more rounded build
you get to keep divine might & pally saves, access to metamagic feats.

gains:
5% movement speed ( & +10% more for not being in defensive)
2% dodge
1/1/1 saves.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
If you look at damage per hit only... but rogue staff mastery makes the attack speed a helluva a lot higher, and you have more doublestrike.  It looks like this has much higher melee DPS, but lacks ranged ability, so it's a tradeoff.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #4 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
Thanks all. Good points.  Prolly wait for a Sireth before rolling one.

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

MrWindupBird
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 2:44am
Print Post  
Haven't played Cetus's build, but had a different split stick mutt for a bit.

In addition to the lack of ranged option, a qstaff build also has much weaker cleaves: the lack of glancing blows and slow cleave animation makes autoattack a much better option most of the time. So, more single target damage (how much more I can't say from experience, but by the numbers its quite a bit) but significantly less AoE.

Looks fun. Rogue skills are gonna be in vogue again I think.

IP Logged

Cetus
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 8:40am
Print Post  
Its hard to say just given that one video, but I'm not feeling too good about that builds DPS.

- Crit numbers are low - and he's fully blitzed too

- He underestimates the importance of cleaves for the following reasons:

1. By making a build that prioritizes doublestrike above all else, you sabotage your cleaving efficiency - since they don't doublestrike.

2. He's doing a high mob density quest, which can also be said about most of our endgame today - so the usefulness of cleaves is unprecedented.

3. He doesn't proc any glancing blows, which on a fully blitzed centered kensei are almost as high as his front number.

4. Momentum swing - if he wants to make maximum use of his doublestrike, he'd have to cleave seldomly - which compromises momentum swing refresh

Also, I don't get why he went with 6 pally versus a deeper monk splash, those defender enhancements aren't worth it when he can grab fists of iron.

I could be totally wrong about this, but these are my initial thoughts on it
« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2014 at 8:41am by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #7 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 9:30am
Print Post  
Cetus is right about everything.

No cleaves/lay waste/momentum is a huge dps loss on anything but single target boss fights.

I run a 10/6/4 stick build sorc monk pally and the dps is good, but nowhere near a proper kensei with eSoS or cleaver (sorc PLs in BF so up thru 28).

Without cleaves those cleaves on big groups of ee mobs you take too much damage killing them too slow i think. When you hit your boosts you want that damage on as many targets as possible to maximize output. At least, thats how i do thf, especially if youre blitzing.

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #8 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
I feel like you can get higher sustained doublestrike and attack speed on one of munk's druid splits.

IP Logged

Anthrax
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
Greetings all of you...

I am making a modified build of this...with the focus on thf feats as well. Feat starved as I am I need your advice...

The tricky pony is at lvl 27....

I can choose either to go with GTHF (since I only have ITHF) or I can choose Blinding Speed I really love both of them so I need your advice on what you would have chosen.

Also at lvl 26 it makes more sense to me to take PTHF instead of PTWF since I am already investing into the THF feats. What's your input here?

Best Regards!

/A

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #10 - Feb 18th, 2014 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
Perfect two weapon gives the doublestrike even if you're using a two-handed weapon.  Far better than +10% glancing blow damage, I think, although someone could prove me wrong with maths that I'm unwilling to do myself.

There are no feat requirements for either one.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Feb 18th, 2014 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Anthrax wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 5:44pm:
Greetings all of you...

The tricky pony is
What's your input here?

Best Regards!

/A

I found it

trixie pony right there
« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2014 at 5:10pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint