Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) BREAKING NEWS! Fran Quits! (Read 34178 times)
Silky
Shroud Slacker

Re: BREAKING NEWS! Fran Quits!
Reply #25 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
madman wrote on Mar 24th, 2014 at 3:09pm:
There's a pic of him on the mother forums in one of the server threads on introducing yourself.

well I'll be....I will just keep on thinking of em as a she , can't be bothered to force myself to correct myself. lmao

just read the rest of thet thread now that it is locked and have to say I am disappointed in Teh troll for being taken down like that by Fran...

Quote:
Did you just accuse my trolling of being obvious?

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/439236-Fran?p=5292754&viewfull=1#post5...
« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2014 at 3:37pm by Silky »  

IP Logged

Booooga
Dragon Raider

Drama? What's drama?

Reply #26 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Mar 24th, 2014 at 3:10pm:
Interesting, on Sarlona 2-3 days ago someone named franoidontgiveashithowitsspelled joined /defensed and said he was leaving the council.

Did he go around all the server making character, joining channels to tell everyone about it? If so, lol...

That's what I "go out with the fartbang!"

IP Logged

dilnu
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
And not a shit was given that day.

IP Logged

Meli
Titan Demolisher

Reply #28 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Daze wrote on Mar 24th, 2014 at 2:56pm:
and?

MajMal posted here until Rest got a hold of his nuggets and a vice.

until u guys drove him away?

meh... he's a big guy. it may just be he's too busy atm for the vault. if the vault doesn't fit in for what he wants to achieve right now why bother with it?

i don't know what Fran meant by power gamers being happy. genuinely curious what he meant. he'll probably let us know.

Fran represented a particular type of person and style and i liked that he was so so different on the council *and* he was vocal. You don't want a homogenous group of people. It's when you get those frictions and those differences that you find out about things that may never have come up before that may present opportunities or challenges in the future.

He may be happier out of it. Whatever he needs/wants all power to him. He at least had the opportunity.

The other thing is... the council is still so new. It's only what a month old?  Review again in say June.

IP Logged

Meli
Titan Demolisher

Reply #29 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
reading back ... if anyone jumps on my use of the word "frictions"... i don't mean big personal arguments. there are none that i have seen. everyone is fairly respectful.

anyway enough from me as i'm treading way too close to the nda.

i am just posting because i want to put my 'Fran is ok' view across. sure he is of a creative style that can take you aback a bit when you first hit one of his posts. Cheesy but he's fairly harmless.

IP Logged

Daze
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama! I do ...
I really do.

Reply #30 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Silky wrote on Mar 24th, 2014 at 3:15pm:
well I'll be....I will just keep on thinking of em as a she , can't be bothered to force myself to correct myself. lmao

just read the rest of thet thread now that it is locked and have to say I am disappointed in Teh troll for being taken down like that by Fran...

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/439236-Fran?p=5292754&viewfull=1#post5...

Obvious trolling is obvious 8)

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/439018-Player-Character-Balance?p=5292...

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
Meli wrote on Mar 24th, 2014 at 3:59pm:
anyway enough from me as i'm treading way too close to the nda.

LOL. No.

Don't worry though, I'm sure we will let you know when you have said anything of interest

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

Reply #32 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
Some posts from Fran in the APPLICATIONS thread from January 2014.

----------------------------------------

Love the Idea of Finally Fixing the Adventure Compendium and Having read the Proposal I would be quite happy to see all of the above done.

However...

What about All the Quests that are at the Wrong Levels in Said Compendium e.g. Chamber of Rahmat {lvl 10 instead of 11 like the rest of the Sands Walkups} or Offering of Blood {Lvl 11 instead of 12 like Chains of Flame and Chamber of Raiyum}.

What about the Threnal Giant Caves? Why are these STILL Left out of the Compendium - Add 1/2/4/6 Phiarlan Favour to each and if this crosses the 400 threshold {pretty sure it won't} make sure the Reward is Working.

What about using this Compendium Update to Fix the Long-Standing issue with Quest Pack Level Ranges:
-Catacombs - Final Quest is Lvl 4 for some unknown reason while all the others are Lvl 3.
-STK - Sacred Helm and Kobold Blockade could be moved to level 4 and Halls of Shan to Kor could too {Making whole pack Lvl 4 instead of 3-5}.
-Waterworks - Just make all four quests Lvl 4
-Depths - Just make all four quests Lvl 4 - Doom and Discord aren't really difficult enough to warrant Lvl 5.
-Tangleroot - Level Range of 3-7 {5-9 on Elite} is Ridiculous - Move first two quests to lvl 4 and last two to Lvl 6.
-Deleras - Move 1st quest up to Lvl 6 to better fit in with the rest of the chain - Difficulty wise it's at least equal to Redwillow's Ruins anyway and far more difficult than Mirra's Sleepless Nights or Dead Predators!
-Sorrowdusk - Same Insane Lvl Range issues as Tangleroot - Same Solution - Move 1st two Quests to 7 and last two to 9.
-Threnal - Yup you knew this was coming - Complete Rework Required but for now just move all Quests to Lvl 9 Base and Have done with it.
-Vault of Night - The Prisoner can easily be moved to Lvl 9 and Haywire Foundry to lvl 10 {Heck moving Tharaak Arena to Lvl 9 would help too}.
-Sands - Already mentioned above
-Harbinger of Madness - Move Entire Chain up one Level to 16 - Difficulty Wise 1 and 4 are on par with Vale, 2 and 3 may need upgrading slightly.
-Lords of Dust - Drop 1st quest to Lvl 15.
-Dreaming Dark - Drop ALL Flags to Lvl 18, Drop Dreaming Dark to Lvl 19 But Upgrade Elite XP to Epic Levels!}
-Inspired Quarter - Move I Dream of Jeets and Mindsunder to Lvl 19 {Upgrade Elite XP to Epic Levels!}.
-Amrath - Move ALL Flags to Lvl 20 and Upgrade Hard/Elite XP to Epic Levels, Move Tower of Despair to Lvl 21 and Upgrade ALL XP to Epic Levels!

For later work
-------------

Servants of the Overlord, Spinner of Shadows, Beyond the Rift - Rebalance and Drop Quest Levels to 15.
Reaver's Refuge - Upgrade Quest Lvls of Flags to 18 and Upgrade Stealer of Souls to 20+Raid Difficulty!

Finally
------
ALL Lvl 19 Quests SHOULD provide Epic Level XP on Elite Difficulties as Currently No-One is running these Quests!

----------------------------------------------
Aaaargh I forgot HoX and VoD!

Seriously - We NEED Epic SubT first BUT these two Raids should definitely be giving Epic XP and Comms on Elite.
AND
Should Be Epicced ASAP!

As for Vault of Night - I've long thought that Haywire especially is a Lvl 10 quest Masquerading as a Lvl 9 and that The Prisoner is a bit over the top for a Lvl 8.
Also there's an issue with a Shortage of Lvl 10 Quests and the Fact that Most Levelling from 10-12 is done on just TWO Quests - VoN 3 and Shadow Crypt!
Moving some Lvl 8s {of which there's an abundance} to Lvl 9 and Haywire to 10 could calm this down some.

My Main issue however is that on a 1st or 2nd Life you simply don't get to run ANY Lvl 9 quests other than VoN 3/Shadow Crypt for BB as those two WILL Hard Cap you if you've been previously Soft-Capping!

Haywire is the Worst affected Quest by the above as running it effectively stops you from gaining full xp from Either VoN 3 or Shadow Crypt!
Heck I was running with a 1st life friend the other night and having done Sorrowdusk and VoN 3 He was already Hard Capped {No Haywire OR Shadow Crypt!}
I then ran Haywire and would have lost 1/2 of my Shadow Crypt XP anyway so simply took Lvl 12 at that point and moved on to Sands.

Red Fens could probably also do with an Upgrade to Lvl 10 and Augment Slots / Paragon Wpn Dmg added to it's Loot/End Rewards!

----------------------------------------

Oh dear!

No!

First of all -Who's to say that the Person/s who found said Exploits were actually caught and Banned?
Chances are They'd long stopped using them by the time they caught Turbine's attention.

Secondly - If they did get banned for Exploiting then GOOD!
We've all succumbed at one point or another to easy Bugs and Dev mistakes - Yes I Vendored a few {talking double figures NOT hundreds} Dowsing Rods when they first came out {hey with the DC Compared to Min Lvl what else were we supposed to do with the Useless things anyway?}.
There's also been the year long WAI of Reign of Madness and What followed!
BUT When talking about Game-Breaking Exploits and those who SET OUT TO FIND THEM - Heck yeah - If caught they should be banned!

It's Turbine's Job to find the Exploits {Sometimes they find them after we have of course} and The Player Council Should not be being asked about them!
Heck that just leads to the Whole Temptation thing anyway "Hey I found it, I get to use it a few times before I mention it"

And as for People with Infractions/Bans - Well they could be for anything!
I know of a number of People In-Game who none of us would want serving on a Player Council and the Rumours {for that's what they are to we who have no proof} of their Infractions/Bans are frankly soothing to me even if those Bans should probably last for much longer than the 3 days they usually seem to last.
In some cases 3 Years would have been more realistic!

-------------------------------

Fran sure wanted to feel special by being on the Council.  He/She/It/They got their wish.  But since He/She/It/They were not special enough, He/She/It/They needed more attention to feel special again, so He/She/It/They quit the council.

This reminds me of Kim Kardashian.  "What can I do to stay in the eyes of the many to show how important I am?"

I will get on the Council!!
I will leave the Council!!
« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2014 at 4:14pm by notajedi »  

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #33 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
He lasted a month longer than I anticipated.

Waaay too hypersensitive about anything.  And can never, ever, be wrong.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
notajedi wrote on Mar 24th, 2014 at 4:10pm:
This reminds me of Kim Kardashian.  "What can I do to stay in the eyes of the many to show how important I am?"

How can big mouth be photographed and videoed, yet he doesn't reflect in the mirror?

IP Logged

Booooga
Dragon Raider

Drama? What's drama?

Reply #35 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
From this long list only this is a good idea:
Quote:
ALL Lvl 19 Quests SHOULD provide Epic Level XP on Elite Difficulties as Currently No-One is running these Quests!

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #36 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
And not a single fuck was given on the day Fran quit the council.

True story.

IP Logged

Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

Reply #37 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
I expect in time people will wish ML was still around.

Me and Meli had some good friction one time on ML.  We also duoed a bunch of EE quests a few weeks ago.  Friction is good but some people can't live with others who have different opinions.

IP Logged

Rasczak
Stormreaver Piker

Instant Human...Just Add
Coffee

Reply #38 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
If anything I will take pride in knowing how I squashed a bug.

I am content..
« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2014 at 4:59pm by Rasczak »  

IP Logged

Meli
Titan Demolisher

Reply #39 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Trollero wrote on Mar 24th, 2014 at 4:45pm:

Me and Meli had some good friction one time on ML.  We also duoed a bunch of EE quests a few weeks ago.  Friction is good but some people can't live with others who have different opinions.

? Trying to work out who you are. I haven't had the opportunity to do much EE for a while so that doesn't leave many people though.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #40 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
There's still a player's council?

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #41 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Mar 24th, 2014 at 3:04pm:
it also depends on who you are.

Indeed. I made a post making a VERY oblique reference to the Vault and I got permabanned.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #42 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
I'd seen the player was male - I think it's a Shannara reference IIRC.

If I were shortlisting for a Player Council, I'd want a variety of playstyles / game objectives too, not fill it with you bunch of dirtbags Smiley

The I resign! is a bit dramatastic though.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #43 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
Zandos wrote on Mar 24th, 2014 at 1:49pm:
Oh shit!
They've shown it on CNN, Fox, BBC and Al-Jazeera!

And Russia Today.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #44 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
I have still no more clue... ( I spent ally my time in game... Monday night Static group day... )
Maybe tomorrow...

just two thing :
- there's nothing broken that I remember of that we were told about ( and asked feedback on )
  ( well beyond the usual level of broken )
- for whatever reasons mention of The Vault in the PC forum has not be infracted yet, nor it leads to thread closure and Cubing
( or each and every PC member would have earned one at least, and several threads would have had to be cubed.  )

Now it's time for me to go to bed...

Edit : Ok, I might have a clue... Might, it's late, I'm sleepy and all... Tomorrow, Really.
« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2014 at 6:31pm by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #45 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Go to bed, little surrender monkey Smiley

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
From that thread from Fran's own fingers:

"Best thing about me leaving - I no longer have any reason to look at the bile spewed in a certain other forum that will remain nameless! "

lol

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Trollero wrote on Mar 24th, 2014 at 4:45pm:

Or they had set up a proper alpha review system where people were free to share their thoughts no matter how negative. Sure, ban abusive or disruptive people, but banning negative people and keeping the fanbois not just through ML, but then in to the PC is just plain stupid.

Turbine devs spending enormous amounts of time creating content and then going and asking for feedback - its always going to fail because the devs are far too invested.

ML should have been used far earlier, and the devs designing content should never have been the ones collecting and collating the feedback. It needed to be done independently of the dev so that they dont get defensive and feel like their work is being attacked.

And for whatever reason, things hit ML far too late, and Im pretty sure exactly the same thing will start happening with the PC.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #48 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Lol they replaced franfran before her seat even got cold.

JERRY SAYS:
Quote:
Just wanted to welcome a new member to the 2014 DDO Players Council: Theflowerpot! Thanks for volunteering! We were able to extend a mid-term invitation to a new member following the resignation of FranOhmsford from the council. Thank you Fran as well for your interest in the council, and we wish you the best in all future endeavors.

Theflowerpot.  no motherforum history whatsoever.  drama queen replaced by invisible man.
« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2014 at 7:12pm by Yobai »  

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #49 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
You got future endeavored son

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Send TopicPrint