Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Card cruncher (Read 29860 times)
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Re: Card cruncher
Reply #25 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 11:42am
Print Post  
Ohfaq wrote on Aug 13th, 2014 at 6:39am:
there is a way, but it costs money. transfer a toon with a cruncher (even duped) from another server.

Brilliant idea.  Shame I've made a promise to myself never to give turbine a dime of my money again.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Mr
Titan Demolisher

Reply #26 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
Snitches get stitches ... Seems to fit.

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
I doubt that Turbine is checking the inv of a player who is sending a ticket to report someone else. I mean... why would they? Trying to get all players banned who either send or cause tickets is as bad as banning all exploiters/dupers now.

Usually GMs don't have enough time to waste it for such tasks anyways.

IP Logged

Nuckinfutz
Titan Demolisher

The Pig's a tease.

Reply #28 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
chuky wrote on Aug 13th, 2014 at 2:04am:
DOH!

Only thing you can do is pass the cards to a friend for crunching the cards. And you'll have to suffer with only getting the unbound items.

Felgor wrote on May 21st, 2013 at 3:45am:
DDO died a long time ago, we just all have trouble admitting it.

IP Logged

JollyRoger
Korthos Resident

I love myself

Reply #29 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 13th, 2014 at 11:42am:
Brilliant idea.  Shame I've made a promise to myself never to give turbine a dime of my money again.

Why you are playing the game then? If it is so bad that you don't want to support it then go play pokemon instead.

IP Logged

Nuckinfutz
Titan Demolisher

The Pig's a tease.

Reply #30 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
JollyRoger wrote on Aug 13th, 2014 at 12:58pm:
Why you are playing the game then? If it is so bad that you don't want to support it then go play pokemon instead.

Social interaction? It get's lonely in mommy's basement.

Felgor wrote on May 21st, 2013 at 3:45am:
DDO died a long time ago, we just all have trouble admitting it.

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #31 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
SwashbucklerHater wrote on Aug 13th, 2014 at 12:33pm:
I doubt that Turbine is checking the inv of a player who is sending a ticket to report someone else. I mean... why would they? Trying to get all players banned who either send or cause tickets is as bad as banning all exploiters/dupers now.

Usually GMs don't have enough time to waste it for such tasks anyways.

Some players are being somewhat protected by Turbine for different reasons. If you report them, you will most likely get ignored, or get your inventory scanned so you'll risk a ban yourself.

It sounds silly but I know two of these players in Thelanis, they just won't get banned no matter what they do.
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2014 at 1:02pm by Sasha »  

IP Logged

Bigdickrichguy
Horoluth Raider

I'm gunna put my dick<br
/>in your vag.<br />

Reply #32 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Can I have your cards? Smiley

IP Logged

Cleridin
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #33 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on Aug 13th, 2014 at 1:01pm:
Some players are being somewhat protected by Turbine for different reasons. If you report them, you will most likely get ignored, or get your inventory scanned so you'll risk a ban yourself.

It sounds silly but I know two of these players in Thelanis, they just won't get banned no matter what they do.

why  is that? they probably spend money and dupe so are in the clear? or are friendly with someone in corporate.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #34 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
Cleridin wrote on Aug 13th, 2014 at 1:14pm:
why  is that? they probably spend money and dupe so are in the clear? or are friendly with someone in corporate.

They also might be characters from somebody inside...

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #35 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
I'm telling you guys, Flav is a spy................Turdbine spyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111111111111

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #36 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
JollyRoger wrote on Aug 13th, 2014 at 12:58pm:

Have supported it, fuck you very much.  Subscribed for at least a year, dropped enough money to buy every pack, a complete set of the top stat tomes at the time, heroic and epic xp tomes, the max character and bank slots, a number of classes and races and a bunch of crappy cosmetic pets for my wife.  If I didn't pass the thousand dollar mark, I was pretty damn close.

Hell, I even tested their fucking new content for them for free for six months.  What did all this get me?  The same as everyone else - including free players who haven't supported shit.  A bug ridden game they ignore our constant cries for fixing, and when you turn in a ticket when their bug ridden game fucks up your quest, you get a response from a GM that basically is just shy of 'dude, that sucks,' with hardly ever an actual fix or any compensation.  Advice given by those of us all the test server?  Mostly ignored.  Doesn't matter how many of us said 'its too soon to release' - advice ignored.

I'm sure your response will be a total bullshit lie about how much you've spent, but they've gotten enough of my money, tyvm.  Yeah, I still play.  I fucking bought it, I'm allowed to keep playing.  So take your sanctimonious little comment, shove it up you ass and eat a dick.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 13th, 2014 at 3:14pm:
So take your sanctimonious little comment, shove it up you ass and eat a dick

Seconded.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Factor
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on Aug 13th, 2014 at 1:01pm:

I can say that bad-girl (sasha Wink) is right here. Members of the PC are protected by Turbine, you don't even have to report them to fall afoul Turbine. 

I know this because as some here know a few months ago Melicat had me banned for to weeks, or I should say I was banned on Melicat's behalf, it was the same time she left the vault.  What is worse is that I didn't report her, I don't exploit, and family members were banned as well all of us for two weeks.  Angry

Some players are just protected, I avoid them now.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #39 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 13th, 2014 at 2:35pm:
They also might be characters from somebody inside...

So Turdbine emps create accounts to grief players, try to have raids fail and piss off the base?  Okay...no.

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #40 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 12:56am
Print Post  
Quote:
I can say that bad-girl (sasha Wink) is right here. Members of the PC are protected by Turbine, you don't even have to report them to fall afoul Turbine. 

I know this because as some here know a few months ago Melicat had me banned for to weeks, or I should say I was banned on Melicat's behalf, it was the same time she left the vault.  What is worse is that I didn't report her, I don't exploit, and family members were banned as well all of us for two weeks.  Angry

Some players are just protected, I avoid them now.

It goes further than just the PC.  There are some players who are friends with Turdbine staff that are protected.  Hard to avoid this.  The staff would feel they are just looking after their friends - be it right or wrong.

Some of the PC were implicated in certain nefarious actions, and it was handled very quickly and quietly.

Some have altruistic agendas, others are more selfish.
They're volunteers and that should be remembered.
I don't think we should tar all the PC members with the same brush.  Actions of the few do not represent actions of the many. 

IP Logged

Factor
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 3:10am
Print Post  
You are quite right Drop, I suppose I still a bit miffed about the whole hot mess, but that is no excuse so I am sorry.

I should have been more careful and just spoke to my own experience of Melicat and not implied that everyone on the PC was terrible.

Although I do feel that it is quite likely that they would all be extended the protection that Melicat was, I only know of it being done for her for certain.

Some of the PC are very active, knowledgeable and prolific, it would be very ironic indeed if the type of protection afforded Melicat wasn't given to those really decent members as well wouldn't it?
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2014 at 3:11am by »  

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #42 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 3:35am
Print Post  
Quote:
You are quite right Drop, I suppose I still a bit miffed about the whole hot mess, but that is no excuse so I am sorry.

I should have been more careful and just spoke to my own experience of Melicat and not implied that everyone on the PC was terrible.

Although I do feel that it is quite likely that they would all be extended the protection that Melicat was, I only know of it being done for her for certain.

Some of the PC are very active, knowledgeable and prolific, it would be very ironic indeed if the type of protection afforded Melicat wasn't given to those really decent members as well wouldn't it?

No need to apologise - I wasn't having a go.
Just clarifying that some of the PC are pretty decent members of the DDO community from what I know of them.
Smiley

I can understand you being peeved tho.  Pretty poor form by Meli. 
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2014 at 3:37am by DropBear »  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 3:41am
Print Post  
Quote:

lol this again  Roll Eyes

Meli doesn't dupe or exploit, despite ample opportunity to do so.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #44 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 3:45am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Aug 14th, 2014 at 3:41am:
lol this again 

Give it a chance. Maybe it'll draw Meli out and we can get a whole new round of drama.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Factor
Ex Member

Reply #45 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 4:41am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Aug 14th, 2014 at 3:41am:
lol this again  Roll Eyes

Meli doesn't dupe or exploit, despite ample opportunity to do so. 

That was not the case for me, I didn't accuse Melicat of duping.

Instead, Melicat was cross with me for opinions about her posts and public stances I shared in a thread, I attempted to smooth over our disagreement via PMs, she insisted that I tell her who I was in game before she would discuss anything in PMs. I provided her with name and server of the character I had played with her. 

Within minutes she sent be some very cruel and abusive PMs, and proceeded to bully me. In the end at her insistence I wiped all the comments I had posted that she was upset with.

But even after I did that wasn't enough for her, she demanded more, that I to post that everything I had said was a lie and that I was making it all up, only at this point did I refuse, and finally try to stand my ground.

At this point Melicat posted this:

Meli wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 5:11am:
A copy of all PMs sent to me in relation to this thread has just been sent to Jerry.

I'm fairly sure he's going to send me a PM saying not to allow myself to get trolled. Again. Smiley 

To their credit one of the other PC members criticized Melicat for it, but she just responded with:

Meli wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 5:27am:
Just protecting myself.  Don't really care how it sounds. I'm impressed how quickly you responded to this thread Micki.

Within the hour my account was banned for 14 days for breaking the code of conduct, and just a few hours after that my little brother who uses the same credit card and router was banned as well.

Afterward the same day I PM'd some other vaulties (who can back me up) about my troubles and they advised me to steer clear of Melicat and her friends as they were protected. Which after we came back I have done, going nowhere near any of them and starting characters of a different server. 

And though I would rather not be under Melicat's crosshairs or any of her friends that still are on the Vault I thought my experience was relevant to what was being discussed on this thread.  Embarrassed 
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2014 at 4:45am by »  

IP Logged

scythes
Dragon Raider

Vereor Messor

Reply #46 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 7:08am
Print Post  
Quote:
That was not the case for me, I didn't accuse Melicat of duping.

Instead, Melicat was cross with me for opinions about her posts and public stances I shared in a thread, I attempted to smooth over our disagreement via PMs, she insisted that I tell her who I was in game before she would discuss anything in PMs. I provided her with name and server of the character I had played with her. 

Within minutes she sent be some very cruel and abusive PMs, and proceeded to bully me. In the end at her insistence I wiped all the comments I had posted that she was upset with.

But even after I did that wasn't enough for her, she demanded more, that I to post that everything I had said was a lie and that I was making it all up, only at this point did I refuse, and finally try to stand my ground.

At this point Melicat posted this:

To their credit one of the other PC members criticized Melicat for it, but she just responded with:

Within the hour my account was banned for 14 days for breaking the code of conduct, and just a few hours after that my little brother who uses the same credit card and router was banned as well.

Afterward the same day I PM'd some other vaulties (who can back me up) about my troubles and they advised me to steer clear of Melicat and her friends as they were protected. Which after we came back I have done, going nowhere near any of them and starting characters of a different server. 

And though I would rather not be under Melicat's crosshairs or any of her friends that still are on the Vault I thought my experience was relevant to what was being discussed on this thread.  Embarrassed 

WOW,thx for heads up,i'll stay clear

IP Logged

gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 7:17am
Print Post  
This just sounds like butthurt bullshit to me.

Even with supposed "vaulties to back you up" it is too easy to make a socky that can defend you.
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2014 at 7:17am by gawker »  

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 8:11am
Print Post  
gawker wrote on Aug 14th, 2014 at 7:17am:
This just sounds like butthurt bullshit to me.

Even with supposed "vaulties to back you up" it is too easy to make a socky that can defend you.

Uh no, maybe next time you should do a little looking before sharing "wisdom" with everyone.

Results of only marginal search effort are:

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1400789369/25

A quick scan of the thread would indicate Factor doesn't even need some witnesses, as it is all displayed in its full gory drama.

Perhaps next time you might "gawk" more and bitch less before you share.  Grin

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #49 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 10:21am
Print Post  
This was the post I loved from that thread.  Should be saved for posterity.

Meli wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 5:11am:
A copy of all PMs sent to me in relation to this thread has just been sent to Jerry.

I'm fairly sure he's going to send me a PM saying not to allow myself to get trolled. Again. Smiley 

This is an instructive lesson in how to shoot yourself in the foot.
Loosely translated, "I ran to sugardaddy and he's gonna spank you bad for saying nasty things to me outside the DDO forums...."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint