Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Ghost lfm's (Read 70909 times)
Angry
Puppy Farmer

Ghost lfm's
Sep 4th, 2014 at 4:59am
Print Post  
I know there was a discussion about these somewhere here before.. but meh, I'm too lazy to look for it. Could anyone tell me how to create one? Tongue I got dared to do one with a funny text (a while back), and it didn't work when I tried.

I know that to get rid of one you have to log on the toon in question who's lfm it was, and take it down. I once had an lfm up for a week, because I hadn't logged on that toon. I know the ghost lfm's disappear on server restarts, but Turbine still hasn't fixed it and I'd like to play around with it.

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Re: Ghost lfm's
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 5:30am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Sep 4th, 2014 at 4:59am:
I know there was a discussion about these somewhere here before.. but meh, I'm too lazy to look for it. Could anyone tell me how to create one? Tongue I got dared to do one with a funny text (a while back), and it didn't work when I tried.

I know that to get rid of one you have to log on the toon in question who's lfm it was, and take it down. I once had an lfm up for a week, because I hadn't logged on that toon. I know the ghost lfm's disappear on server restarts, but Turbine still hasn't fixed it and I'd like to play around with it.

naughty pc members is naughty, next you gonna ask us for some sweet donuts as well Tongue
you aint fooling me thaz sry Tongue

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #2 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 7:39am
Print Post  
FuckThisShit wrote on Sep 4th, 2014 at 5:30am:
naughty pc members is naughty, next you gonna ask us for some sweet donuts as well Tongue

I know not of which you speak

« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2014 at 7:47am by Angry »  

IP Logged

no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Reply #3 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 7:42am
Print Post  
FuckThisShit wrote on Sep 4th, 2014 at 5:30am:

In other words,  you don't know!  If you did,  you'd be falling all over yourself trying to post it to prove that you really do know.   You have 24 hours to have this tested by a predetermined third party.  You're so fucked.   Grin

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #4 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 7:51am
Print Post  
no. wrote on Sep 4th, 2014 at 7:42am:
In other words,  you don't know!  If you did,  you'd be falling all over yourself trying to post it to prove that you really do know.   You have 24 hours to have this tested by a predetermined third party.  You're so fucked.   Grin

12 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!  Noob, get it right...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Dark
Korthos Resident

I like turtles!

Reply #5 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 8:31am
Print Post  
Not sure if is the old bug,as turdbine NEVER repeats old bugs,  but before when it was happening it was because you did lfm then logged out/quit out.

Will say be careful not to go too far because moms cousins sons brothers sisters neighbor was banned because they tracked him down when he posted racial slurs or something like that.

Have fun.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #6 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 11:57am
Print Post  
Dark wrote on Sep 4th, 2014 at 8:31am:
Not sure if is the old bug,as turdbine NEVER repeats old bugs,  but before when it was happening it was because you did lfm then logged out/quit out.

Will say be careful not to go too far because moms cousins sons brothers sisters neighbor was banned because they tracked him down when he posted racial slurs or something like that.

Have fun.

I tried that some time ago, it didn't work. Ghost lfms aren't quite as common as they used to be, but I still see them. If anyone knows how, I'd appreciate it if u told me. Tongue And yes, I'd like to perform a small experiment.

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #7 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
They've banned people for ghost LFMs, while the leader's name is invisible to regular players, it is not to devs. But if you're in the PC, don't worry about it, right?

I've been testing this a few weeks ago because trolling is my favorite hobbie in DDO but I haven't found a way.. and I hate logging out repeatedly. As far as I know, the old lfm>exit method was indeed patched.

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #8 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Sep 4th, 2014 at 11:57am:
And yes, I'd like to perform a small experiment.

if by that you mean: tell cordocunt how to do it and time how long it takes for him to get someone to fix it while laughing at how incompetent and delusional they are then im willing to test it a bit Tongue

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #9 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Put up lfm, make it public group, invite someone, before they hit yes or no, just alt f4 game.
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2014 at 12:09pm by Viktor Vaughn »  

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #10 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on Sep 4th, 2014 at 12:01pm:
They've banned people for ghost LFMs, while the leader's name is invisible to regular players, it is not to devs. But if you're in the PC, don't worry about it, right?

And how do they determine what's intentional and what's not?

Sasha wrote on Sep 4th, 2014 at 12:01pm:
I've been testing this a few weeks ago because trolling is my favorite hobbie in DDO but I haven't found a way.. and I hate logging out repeatedly. As far as I know, the old lfm>exit method was indeed patched.

Yup, the log bit is why I haven't bothered to test it much

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #11 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
FuckThisShit wrote on Sep 4th, 2014 at 12:04pm:
if by that you mean: tell cordocunt how to do it and time how long it takes for him to get someone to fix it while laughing at how incompetent and delusional they are then im willing to test it a bit Tongue

Well, yes and no. I doubt I'd talk to Cordovan about it, but yes I would most likely try to get them to fix it. Cordovan isn't a dev.

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #12 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Sep 4th, 2014 at 12:29pm:
Well, yes and no. I doubt I'd talk to Cordovan about it, but yes I would most likely try to get them to fix it. Cordovan isn't a dev.

and this thaz is why we dont talk about sweet stuff when you are logged in Tongue

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #13 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Sep 4th, 2014 at 12:09pm:
Put up lfm, make it public group, invite someone, before they hit yes or no, just alt f4 game.

For the sake of argument.. what do you mean by "make it public group"? I have to enter a quest for it?

Edit: Nope, this did not work. But while testing it, there was a ghost lfm for Kobold assault up.
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2014 at 1:46pm by Angry »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Sep 4th, 2014 at 12:27pm:
And how do they determine what's intentional and what's not?

The same company that banned everyone during Mabar? The same one who thought it would satiate the retarded forums users with extreme prejudice? They dont fucking need intentional or not as a cause.  They never do.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #15 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 4th, 2014 at 12:46pm:
The same company that banned everyone during Mabar? The same one who thought it would satiate the retarded forums users with extreme prejudice? They dont fucking need intentional or not as a cause.  They never do. 

They banned everyone during Mabar? Tongue So, who were all the ppl complaining about Mabar lag?

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #16 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
It is pretty clear who is trolling and who is not, at the start of 2014 there were around 20 broken lfms stuck there for weeks and a few of them were insults and info to channels.

IP Logged

scythes
Dragon Raider

Vereor Messor

Reply #17 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Sep 4th, 2014 at 12:56pm:
They banned everyone during Mabar? Tongue So, who were all the ppl complaining about Mabar lag?
it wasn't the last one,i forgot what year.but it was a glitch in the system.atleast thats what i read

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #18 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
scythes wrote on Sep 4th, 2014 at 1:08pm:
it wasn't the last one,i forgot what year.but it was a glitch in the system.atleast thats what i read

was teh very first mabar. and the second, but the first had some vital flaws, one that allowed users to gain exponential amounts of ingrediants  without even trying. The second one allowed an even greater flow of mass gathering, which resulted in a few ban, but nothing close to the bans from the first though. To this day, there are still flaws in mabar to get more than your share of stuff Cheesy

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #19 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Sep 4th, 2014 at 2:31pm:
was teh very first mabar. and the second, but the first had some vital flaws, one that allowed users to gain exponential amounts of ingrediants  without even trying. The second one allowed an even greater flow of mass gathering, which resulted in a few ban, but nothing close to the bans from the first though. To this day, there are still flaws in mabar to get more than your share of stuff Cheesy

or you can just talk to your local bank like any normal person?

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #20 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Sep 4th, 2014 at 12:31pm:
For the sake of argument.. what do you mean by "make it public group"? I have to enter a quest for it?

Edit: Nope, this did not work. But while testing it, there was a ghost lfm for Kobold assault up.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Sep 4th, 2014 at 12:56pm:
They banned everyone during Mabar?

They tagged my alt account that had not logged in during that period. I am not sure what script they used during that time, but it seemed totally random who got hit. IIRC it was around 1-5% of player base at the time. After that, turbine changed policy to never use a script to ban without any human interaction. If your search-fu is good enough, you can find devposts from that time.

Surprisingly, my main account on orien never got in trouble despite the fact I actively looked for bugs, exploited bugs, selectively spread exploits and pre-2010 reported bugs. Fucking turbine admitted a full year of bug reports went to the circular file. After that they broke the bug reporting tool, still broke to this day!

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #22 - Sep 5th, 2014 at 2:08am
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Sep 4th, 2014 at 5:13pm:

I know you're a troll, but I also know that ghost lfm's are currently an issue. I just don't know how to reproduce them.

P.S. I look a the pic and think "retarded man". Is that you?

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #23 - Sep 5th, 2014 at 2:09am
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Sep 4th, 2014 at 6:47pm:
After that they broke the bug reporting tool, still broke to this day!

This is incorrect. The in game bug reporting tool is currently functioning, even if it's not the same as it was before.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #24 - Sep 5th, 2014 at 6:09am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Sep 5th, 2014 at 2:08am:
I know you're a troll, but I also know that ghost lfm's are currently an issue. I just don't know how to reproduce them.

P.S. I look a the pic and think "retarded man". Is that you?

I didnt fall for some stupid theory.  Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
Send TopicPrint