Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Sun Elf Cleric (Read 28116 times)
Angry
Puppy Farmer

Re: Sun Elf Cleric
Reply #25 - Sep 21st, 2014 at 10:34am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Sep 21st, 2014 at 10:15am:
See the 22 pots is my point.
I said its doable if you rely on light damage and use crap load sp pots.
Its ineffective and highly doubt you are able to solo ee horns unless you are prepared to use and abuse many stacks of sp pots.
Difference is, effectivnes vs ineffectivnes.
Also hh is tbh really easy on ee, beside miior fight which  is horrible with no epic reflex or evasion /at least for now until update with op mrr

My 4th life fvs uses crap loads of pots for ee's.

So, how about u stop bullcrapping ppl with "u need past lives to solo ee's".. and say "u need past lives if u wanna zerg ee's at level or under level"? You're making a statement assuming that everyone will want to play this game the way you do.

Have you ever attempted to solo any ee's on a first life toon? Huh?

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #26 - Sep 21st, 2014 at 10:40am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 21st, 2014 at 10:16am:
Have you never done the quest before on any difficulty prior to this ?

All I was trying to say that if he knows the quest and he's gonna time his run in comparison to me, who kept looking at the map for where to go, he's already gonna beat my time there.. even if his toon didn't kill the mobs faster.

Also, I played like shit, kept missing my target, and making dumb mistakes. So, anyone would prolly run the quest faster. Time was not my point at all.

Funny was... I enjoyed that run a lot. I tried to play carefully, make tactical decisions.. which once in a while failed, etc.. but over all the mobs were dying, and I was able to progress. The doppelganger who I expected to be the most difficult for me, turned out to be the easiest boss. He did very little damage at all. The frickin orange hoppy spider that I by mistake aggro'd did more.
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2014 at 10:43am by Angry »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #27 - Sep 21st, 2014 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Sep 21st, 2014 at 10:34am:
My 4th life fvs uses crap loads of pots for ee's.

So, how about u stop bullcrapping ppl with "u need past lives to solo ee's".. and say "u need past lives if u wanna zerg ee's at level or under level"? You're making a statement assuming that everyone will want to play this game the way you do.

Have you ever attempted to solo any ee's on a first life toon? Huh?

I dont like playing shiradi builds, but yes i have.

Also, the games system promotes tring more then playing multiple toons, tr, epic tr, iconic tr.
To go against the mainstream of how the game works and tell me im saying how you should play is not the point.

But yes il tell you, you are doing it wrong, you are doing it the harder pointless way.
If it was the more fun way i would agree, but what is fun in wasting pots on every quest to be mediocre effective?

Opener has completionist, so including he has at least 2 more possible dc for evoc, he would be ahead of your build and have  a easier time soloing.
Thats not me saying you are doing it wrong, which you of course are, because  you are, its just how ddo works.
And again, you are doing it wrong, not because i say so which i do, but because the game system is specifically saying what effectivness and worth of past lifes is for dc casting.

« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2014 at 10:50am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #28 - Sep 21st, 2014 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Sep 21st, 2014 at 10:47am:
But yes il tell you, you are doing it wrong, you are doing it the harder pointless way.

I know ppl with uber completionist and epic completionist .. all pls' in game that that can't play for shit. I also know that so many ppl become bored with this game because things are just too easy, and too easy to attain.

I fully disagree with u that I'm doing it wrong. I'm doing it how I want to do it, with the solo purpose of proving that a first life cleric can, if the player wants. And not a shiradi. Mine happens to be a caster, I had a friend solo ee's on a melee first lifer.

How the game currently works is that you can buy past lives, make your toon uber without learning how to play for shit, then get bored cause things are too easy, or alternatively cause you can't do the things u want cause u're playing a copied build with bought Pls and u don't know how to run quests.

Again, you keep changing your statement. You said "you need pls to solo ee's", which u changed to "u need pls to solo ee's at or under level" then "HH is an easy ee". And now how my toon is uneffective, and that my playstyle is wrong. Bullcrap man. pls make things easier. In no way needed to solo stuff.

If the OP's main purpose is to solo ee's effectively, then I prolly wouldn't make it a cleric anyway, as clerics are not the most OP class there is. Prolly would make it an fvs or a sorc.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #29 - Sep 21st, 2014 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Sep 21st, 2014 at 11:00am:
I know ppl with uber completionist and epic completionist .. all pls' in game that that can't play for shit. I also know that so many ppl become bored with this game because things are just too easy, and too easy to attain.

I fully disagree with u that I'm doing it wrong. I'm doing it how I want to do it, with the solo purpose of proving that a first life cleric can, if the player wants. And not a shiradi. Mine happens to be a caster, I had a friend solo ee's on a melee first lifer.

How the game currently works is that you can buy past lives, make your toon uber without learning how to play for shit, then get bored cause things are too easy, or alternatively cause you can't do the things u want cause u're playing a copied build with bought Pls and u don't know how to run quests.

Again, you keep changing your statement. You said "you need pls to solo ee's", which u changed to "u need pls to solo ee's at or under level" then "HH is an easy ee". And now how my toon is uneffective, and that my playstyle is wrong. Bullcrap man. pls make things easier. In no way needed to solo stuff.

If the OP's main purpose is to solo ee's effectively, then I prolly wouldn't make it a cleric anyway, as clerics are not the most OP class there is. Prolly would make it an fvs or a sorc.

You are still doing it wrong

Read the op, he wants a cleric and morninglord past life
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2014 at 1:51pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #30 - Sep 21st, 2014 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
also, my 12/5/3 is not only effective in Shiradi.

I made it pretty plainly clear why in EA it's better than in Shiradi. Especially against red names.

My DC's work fine, my Soundburst has a 68 DC (from EA, SLA) and the damage is absurd. Also, Reborn in Light is actually really fun. makes spell casting almost free and gives me another 100 Light spell power.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #31 - Sep 21st, 2014 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Sep 21st, 2014 at 2:04pm:
also, my 12/5/3 is not only effective in Shiradi.

I made it pretty plainly clear why in EA it's better than in Shiradi. Especially against red names.

My DC's work fine, my Soundburst has a 68 DC (from EA, SLA) and the damage is absurd. Also, Reborn in Light is actually really fun. makes spell casting almost free and gives me another 100 Light spell power.

Aye, i kinda find it sad that they put everythng in last tier tho..
Sun bolt reborn and d wrath. I dont think any destiny has such isssues on what to pick on last tier and being limited in options

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #32 - Sep 21st, 2014 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Don't worry Overvaan. You might as well bang your head against a brick wall to achieve better results than trying to prove anything to her.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Sep 21st, 2014 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Sep 21st, 2014 at 4:10am:
Incorrect. Scorching ray and avenging light have very short coool downs. Just didfle those until sunbeam comes off cooldown.

No seriously, it is.  Scorching ray has a 2.5s cooldown and avenging light has a 3 second cooldown.  A "full" rotation is achieved when, for example, you have two spells with 2 second cooldowns (MM and scorching ray on a sorc for example).  You need to add either force missile or magic missile to your rotation for completeness, however those things suck outside of shiradi.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #34 - Sep 21st, 2014 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Hmm I have to agree with Micki here.
As much as I can boast about uber Evo on ze Cleric, that DCs has some really serious drawbacks. It's maybe 1 or 3 extra dead mobs every minute. Comet is useful to cc a mob for a melee but otherwise I don't use it, just more mobs to kite.
Maybe when no fail Sunburst get fixed ( and that's useful in Prison and Deathwyrm only ) it will have more merit but now ? Energy drain + 60 Destro - 100 sp for one mob ? Fuck that. I much more often just pws and Light or Eburst+Wrath like every other caster. DDo casting yay.
Buggy Implosion.
70 sp (!) Heightened Soundburst. Well if anything I get shit done much faster and with less frustration with Empyrean and Burst as twists than Evo + Evo twists.
It's stupid how sp ineffective it is, especially boss damage.
No wonder there are like 5 clerics on the server and rest plays some 12/6/2 or 16/2/2 Shiradi.
Turbine imbeciles can't offer anything to casting except idiot proof destiny aoes. Except recycled content, mobs and models of course.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #35 - Sep 21st, 2014 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
I appreciate youre trying to help Mew, but you should really be asking, not telling.

In between those songle target spells, im also casting BB, healing, using wings, and Divone Wrath.

I dont have room or time for another spell.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #36 - Sep 21st, 2014 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
On a red name i add DP, and searing light/Nimbus

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #37 - Sep 21st, 2014 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Sep 21st, 2014 at 4:59pm:
Hmm I have to agree with Micki here.
As much as I can boast about uber Evo on ze Cleric, that DCs has some really serious drawbacks. It's maybe 1 or 3 extra dead mobs every minute. Comet is useful to cc a mob for a melee but otherwise I don't use it, just more mobs to kite.
Maybe when no fail Sunburst get fixed ( and that's useful in Prison and Deathwyrm only ) it will have more merit but now ? Energy drain + 60 Destro - 100 sp for one mob ? Fuck that. I much more often just pws and Light or Eburst+Wrath like every other caster. DDo casting yay.
Buggy Implosion.
70 sp (!) Heightened Soundburst. Well if anything I get shit done much faster and with less frustration with Empyrean and Burst as twists than Evo + Evo twists.
It's stupid how sp ineffective it is, especially boss damage.
No wonder there are like 5 clerics on the server and rest plays some 12/6/2 or 16/2/2 Shiradi.
Turbine imbeciles can't offer anything to casting except idiot proof destiny aoes. Except recycled content, mobs and models of course.

I have to disagree, a light spp build can do the job.
I dont use necro as necro is ineffective, but with sburst and burst/wrath combo you can usually do ok in most content.
One of issues is that it requires a stupid ammount of ep plifes for a good twist setup to get what you want, meaning mainly the fate points.
Example, managed to more or less solo with full scaling gh and wheloon, it of course wasnt as nearly as fast as when i play a sorc but it was still ok, better then melles or archers, not shuris tho. Not better then a blitzing fotm, but better then most what the pug scene has to offer.
I would personally rate light cleric dc builds with 5/10
Wheras a sorc dc casters for solo non raid content gets a full 10
Shiradi hybrids would be a 8/10 from me, since they are in 99% cases slower then a sorc /speaking of personal experience since i played both but i do tend to gravitate toward sorcs since a mass hold burst is so easy button when you get high enough dcs that its beyond stupid/, the 1% is when the shiradi caster gets joy at start Wink

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Sep 21st, 2014 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
I'm not new to casters, or even the FvS/wizard split.  Qualitatively, on my sorc, I find maybe ~80% of the time is spent spamming the basic single target rotation.  Maybe 50-60% of the time if I bother to add in DoTs and other things like ruin. 

In my opinion, it's important for caster DPS builds to have a complete basic single target rotation.  DP still won't fill in all the gaps, and nimbus or searing light is quite possibly a DPS loss, depending on how the cooldown overlap works out.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #39 - Sep 21st, 2014 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
Im not your sorc build. You dont have an AoE like BB on your sorc.

I do not find i am spending 'more than half the time in single target mode, because i try to conserve sp which means kiting in BB, then rpundong up for a Divine Wrath

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #40 - Sep 21st, 2014 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
Or hellball*

Ruin and hellball are also 35% cheaper for me

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #41 - Sep 22nd, 2014 at 4:13am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Sep 21st, 2014 at 1:39pm:
You are still doing it wrong

No.

Lelouch wrote on Sep 21st, 2014 at 1:39pm:
Read the op, he wants a cleric and morninglord past life

Yes. Where does he say that his goal is to first farm past lives so he can zerg ee's?

To OP, in my opinion the easiest to play is a light nuker. I'd prolly make it 2 monk for evasion etc, but I'm sure there are different splits that would get the job done too. 18 wisdom, 14 con (on an elf anything above 14 is a waste of points), I like putting the rest in int for more skills, spellcraft adds both light and force spellpower, but optionally you could put them in cha for umd and turns. (of course, my toon is a 32p build, so u'll have more points to spend, maybe put some in dex for better reflex)
« Last Edit: Sep 22nd, 2014 at 5:06am by Angry »  

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Sep 22nd, 2014 at 5:25am
Print Post  
SayWhatAgain wrote on Sep 19th, 2014 at 6:14am:
I simply love my Sun elf pure fvs EA. But she's at cap with full gear and past lives.

Even so, I suggest going pure, wisdom based light nuker.
Try to get a reasonable cha for energy burst and hellball when it becomes available to you. Take epic evocation focus and work that soundburst!

Soundburst followed by energy burst and divine wrath demolishes groups of mobs very nicely. BB is always fun and you won't be lacking single target damage either (rebuke foe is your friend).

What's the CD of sun bolt sla from capstone?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #43 - Sep 23rd, 2014 at 2:07am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Sep 21st, 2014 at 6:49pm:
I'm not new to casters, or even the FvS/wizard split.  Qualitatively, on my sorc, I find maybe ~80% of the time is spent spamming the basic single target rotation.  Maybe 50-60% of the time if I bother to add in DoTs and other things like ruin. 

In my opinion, it's important for caster DPS builds to have a complete basic single target rotation.  DP still won't fill in all the gaps, and nimbus or searing light is quite possibly a DPS loss, depending on how the cooldown overlap works out. 

Do you use arcane alacrity?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Sep 23rd, 2014 at 2:15am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 23rd, 2014 at 2:07am:
Do you use arcane alacrity?

No, there's literally no downtime for MM/scorching ray.  You can't cast any other spells before one or the other is off cooldown. 

Even if there was a little gap, I don't think it's worth losing energy burst or possibly some other tier 4 twist.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #45 - Sep 23rd, 2014 at 2:37am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Sep 23rd, 2014 at 2:15am:
No, there's literally no downtime for MM/scorching ray.  You can't cast any other spells before one or the other is off cooldown. 

Even if there was a little gap, I don't think it's worth losing energy burst or possibly some other tier 4 twist. 

I was referring to the arcane epic past life.

The Magister ability is called (School) Familiarity. I wonder if they stack...

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Sep 23rd, 2014 at 2:46am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 23rd, 2014 at 2:37am:

That would be excellent if they did.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Sep 23rd, 2014 at 2:47am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 23rd, 2014 at 2:37am:

Oh.  No, I take the spell crit past life.

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Sep 23rd, 2014 at 3:52am
Print Post  
Limpgimp wrote on Sep 22nd, 2014 at 5:25am:
What's the CD of sun bolt sla from capstone?

9 seconds sir.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #49 - Sep 23rd, 2014 at 4:39am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Sep 23rd, 2014 at 2:47am:
Oh.  No, I take the spell crit past life. 

Rotations with alacrity are different.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint