Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) The winners of U23 changes are... (Read 19294 times)
Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Re: The winners of U23 changes are...
Reply #25 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 12:52am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 13th, 2014 at 12:42am:
...2whatever?

Pally for higher saves or FTR for the feats.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #26 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 1:07am
Print Post  
Zombie is a no-go because the attack speed penalty defeats the purpose

does it slow down cleaving and/or shuriken animations?

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #27 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 1:15am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Oct 13th, 2014 at 1:07am:
does it slow down cleaving and/or shuriken animations?

I'd have to test to be certain. But I remember slow ass EK cleaves last time I messed around in zombie form. No idea on shuriken.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 1:54am
Print Post  
Only in theory. Zombie is a no-go because the attack speed penalty defeats the purpose.

Vampire actually has a lot of synergy. +Str, +Cha, level drain on vorpals...requires 6 wiz levels so you can still get holy sword...big drawback is triple light damage really. You can reduce that to double with improved shrouding, but the opportunity cost is too high since you can just drop form in light spammy content. The real problem is that 14 pally levels exclude you from 4th level wiz spells. So...that ends up being no-go as well.

Probably have to do it monk style to make it work. Wraith incorporeality + displacement is awesome. 12Wiz/6Monk/2whatever?

Think 8 ftr 8 wiz 4 pally. kensei in heavy armor, warhammer/orb swf vampire is best I could come up with.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #29 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 2:11am
Print Post  
Stick build. 12 monk/7 wiz/ 1 rogue

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 3:09am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 13th, 2014 at 2:11am:
Stick build. 12 monk/7 wiz/ 1 rogue

If going stick take 2nd level of rogue.

Either way Stick builds are weak now. Get a real weapon like a thunderforged bastard sword swap to warhammer against abbot and shadowlich. Better crit profile, higher base damage and orb gives void lore and red slots instead of thunderforged staff. I'd rather TF heavy weapons than Sireth. Heavy Armor and up to +14 on saves and divine might. Higher caster level for energy burst and aura. Extend and Quicken for metas. Would like to fit in Max and Empower for bursts and probably can on a kensei getting all combat feats needed.
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2014 at 3:09am by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #31 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 3:55am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 13th, 2014 at 3:09am:
If going stick take 2nd level of rogue.

Either way Stick builds are weak now. Get a real weapon like a thunderforged bastard sword swap to warhammer against abbot and shadowlich. Better crit profile, higher base damage and orb gives void lore and red slots instead of thunderforged staff. I'd rather TF heavy weapons than Sireth. Heavy Armor and up to +14 on saves and divine might. Higher caster level for energy burst and aura. Extend and Quicken for metas. Would like to fit in Max and Empower for bursts and probably can on a kensei getting all combat feats needed.

Hmmm...

Serious trash killing potential with triple stacked negative level procs on a 19-20 vorpal from PSWF.

I would go wiz/bard with a fighter splash for SWF though. Swash>Kensei.

7+wiz/3+bard/3 fighter for vampire
12 wiz/5bard/3fighter for wraith form

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 4:15am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 13th, 2014 at 3:55am:
Hmmm...

Serious trash killing potential with triple stacked negative level procs on a 19-20 vorpal from PSWF.

I would go wiz/bard with a fighter splash for SWF though. Swash>Kensei.

7+wiz/3+bard/3 fighter for vampire
12 wiz/5bard/3fighter for wraith form

I thought about going sawshbuckler and the dps is good, but you wont get thunderforged glances. Another concern is Disintegrate saves. Epic Hard Abbot other night, someone in our group got hit for 750 dmg on a failed roll total of 78. I wanted Pally levels to hedge against this as much as possible. The loss of heavy armor would hurt a bit too. Advantages are only needing 5 bard levels and no other feats as prerequisites. More spell points. Superb CC. 12 wiz/ 5 bard/ 3 ftr.
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2014 at 4:15am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #33 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 5:03am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 13th, 2014 at 4:15am:
I thought about going sawshbuckler and the dps is good, but you wont get thunderforged glances. Another concern is Disintegrate saves. Epic Hard Abbot other night, someone in our group got hit for 750 dmg on a failed roll total of 78. I wanted Pally levels to hedge against this as much as possible. The loss of heavy armor would hurt a bit too. Advantages are only needing 5 bard levels and no other feats as prerequisites. More spell points. Superb CC. 12 wiz/ 5 bard/ 3 ftr.

Stalwart stance will hit 1k hp easy.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 7:08am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 13th, 2014 at 5:03am:
Stalwart stance will hit 1k hp easy.

Not following you?

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #35 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Been think more about a Vampire Pally build. Here's what I've come up with:

8 Wizzy - PM in Vampire form and 4th level spells. Sure he's pretty Light-vulnerable but get tier 3 Cloak of Night enhancement (reduces Light damage by 50%/increases Negative energy effects on you by 50%) and Epic Phiarlan Mirror Cloak (30 pts Light Resist) and you should be ok. Extend Displacement will be super important.

6 Monk - Ninja Spy for shortsword ki weapon and Shadow Veil (for 25% incorporealness). Also evasion.

6 Pally - KotC obvs, better saves. Will lay on hands work on you?

As far as race, thinking BF for Communion of Scribing (self healing) assuming it works in Undead form. If not, go human for the extra feat or Drow for the extra shortsword damage and +2 to DEX, INT and CHA.

Definitely DEX as your main stat followed by CON and CHA. Also will need a little INT for skill/spell points.

Weaponry - Thunderforged shortsword or Celestia. In other hand, use an Orb like Libram of Silver Magic (slot this with a Reconstruct 138 or Nullification 138 augment depending whether you're a BF or a fleshie).

Definitely take the SWF line.
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2014 at 1:04pm by Arkat »  

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #36 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Oct 13th, 2014 at 12:58pm:
As far as race, thinking BF for Communion of Scribing (self healing) assuming it works in Undead form

wf / bf can't be healed by repair spells / communion of scribing in undead form.

use an Orb like Libram of Silver Magic

Orbs uncenter you.

Definitely take the SWF line.

Given you have to have an empty off hand, imo on an 8/6/6 like that you're probably best of 2wf unarmed.
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2014 at 3:57pm by Munkenmo »  

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #37 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Oct 13th, 2014 at 3:54pm:
wf / bf can't be healed by repair spells / communion of scribing in undead form.

Ok.

Orbs uncenter you.

Ugh. Thanks.

Given you have to have an empty off hand, imo on an 8/6/6 like that you're probably best of 2wf unarmed.

So take SWF and TWF feat lines? They work "together"? If that's the case, change 6 Pally levels to 6 FTR levels. You'll need the feats. Use the Kensei path of enhancements too.
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2014 at 4:09pm by Arkat »  

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #38 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
Damn Monks and their centering BS

Maybe 8 Wiz/6 Pally/6 Ftr is what I should be thinking. Maybe 8 Wiz/12 Pally is a possibility too. How about 12 Wiz/6 Pally/2 Ftr? Wait, isn't that what we suggested above?

:sigh:
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2014 at 4:26pm by Arkat »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #39 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Oct 13th, 2014 at 3:57pm:
So take SWF and TWF feat lines? They work "together"?

Sorry I didn't phrase that well.

Given that SWF with monk levels forces you to have an empty off hand  I don't think SWF is a good option. Imo it's better to instead pick up the TWF feats and fight unarmed.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #40 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Oct 13th, 2014 at 7:08pm:
Sorry I didn't phrase that well.

Given that SWF with monk levels forces you to have an empty off hand  I don't think SWF is a good option. Imo it's better to instead pick up the TWF feats and fight unarmed.

Ah, might as well make a regular Monk then.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
Perhaps the value of undead is a bit overstated.  Cetus did manage to solo GoP on a pure paladin, although there were some close moments and it did take him 10 tries. 

I feel that the benefits of undead form are highly content specific, although so are the downsides.  I wouldn't worry about light damage in vampire form, because I think there is literally zero light damage in U23.  But I don't see any benefit outside of the heavy undead content of current end game, and I don't think U24 will be bringing undead content. 
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2014 at 9:58pm by AtomicMew »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Oct 13th, 2014 at 9:57pm:
I feel that the benefits of undead form are highly content specific, although so are the downsides.  I wouldn't worry about light damage in vampire form, because I think there is literally zero light damage in U23.  But I don't see any benefit outside of the heavy undead content of current end game, and I don't think U24 will be bringing undead content.

Me and limpgimp were having these discussions and came to the same conclusion for the usefulness of undead melee.

Either way, I may get bored and tr my gimp alt into a 8ftr/ 8 wiz/ 4 pally bf in hvy armor bastard sword swf swapping to warhammer for abbot and shadowdragon lich.

BF would be for asf reduction 15% and an alternate to undead form when in divine caster content, like citw or storm horns orcs.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #43 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 6:39am
Print Post  
Dont know, i did all necros so far on my druid build. (solo or  with scaling)
No undead form nothn, gop was tiring as fuck tho.
Fucking con drain, need to spam resto pots like a idiot.
And outside of that 1 quest that was more tedious and annoying nothing really is hard in that pack.
I got no idea how much prr you can get on a bard swasch, but in all honesty i always hated them and ignored join requests /yes bard hater forevaaa/.
If i was to play a proper melle, i would most definitely go with some kind palie harmor thing and totaly ignore evasion exists in this game.
Example i did prove on ee with buddy, we 2manned, i was so rdy to die in drop, ff on and slow fall..
I survived traps with prr alone and 1 pop of cocoon, and no im not pro at evading spikes, actually i think i manged to hit every single one while trying to evade em.
I didnt play a pale form since that deathblock with more neg amp was added to game.
Plan to do a pm life for fun since i have helm and litany, want to be a scumbagish fingerer.
Question, can the low tier aura and burst from a low levell wiz splash manage the selfheal for ee as melle?
I dont know personally and didnt try, but it just feels to weak to me on a nonheavyarmor prr build
« Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2014 at 7:24am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #44 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 7:09am
Print Post  
Reminds me of the ridiculous (and ridiculously short-lived) staff-zombie I made two weeks before the enhancement overhaul. It was a zombie, but still the fastest thing I'd ever seen until the SWF Rangerdogs. It also had me outright laughing at its Chaplinesque waddle, since it was waddling in triple-time. (I'm sure that had something to do with my perception of how fast it could run.)

But it does make me wonder if they ever updated that animation (or if I remember that they did, and now I'm just experiencing some wish-based selective memory). Instead of finishing even one attack animation, it sort of held its staff out parallel, twitched it a little, and numbers rolled.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #45 - Oct 15th, 2014 at 6:01am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Oct 14th, 2014 at 7:09am:
Reminds me of the ridiculous (and ridiculously short-lived) staff-zombie I made two weeks before the enhancement overhaul. It was a zombie, but still the fastest thing I'd ever seen until the SWF Rangerdogs. It also had me outright laughing at its Chaplinesque waddle, since it was waddling in triple-time. (I'm sure that had something to do with my perception of how fast it could run.)

But it does make me wonder if they ever updated that animation (or if I remember that they did, and now I'm just experiencing some wish-based selective memory). Instead of finishing even one attack animation, it sort of held its staff out parallel, twitched it a little, and numbers rolled.

Zombie form breaks every animation. Everyone should roll a PM just to look at the tumble and /dance and lol.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #46 - Oct 15th, 2014 at 6:45am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 15th, 2014 at 6:01am:
Zombie form ... animation.

Well now I'm cursing my ADHD. I could've been playing super-twitch undead Chaplin all this time. For added flavor, tweak the monitor settings so they display black & white. Still needs a cane cosmetic. Top hat is covered.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #47 - Oct 15th, 2014 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
I have never tried fighting in Zombie form. Are special attacks also slowed? Can multiple cleaves/special attacks and/or twitching help with the attack speed penalty?

How bad would be a 15/5 pal/wiz with the minimalist option to take zombie form for 6 ap when appropriate? relying mostly on cocoon's temp HP to keep you from losing your undead HP. wiz 5 is also 2 feats, magical training, and an extra cleave; possibly 1min extended displacement (does not have a somatic component so it should be castable in heavy armor without investing into ASF reduction).

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #48 - Oct 16th, 2014 at 10:31am
Print Post  
Zombie cleaves are normal speed.

For Cormyr! cannot heal in undead form, if anybody was wondering. Didn't really expect it to, but I wasn't about to trust logic.

I've been trying to put something together that abuses the absurd Frozen Cleave DC's possible on a PDK with KTA. I was thinking of freezing mobs who would then be stuck inside ticking Death Auras but it's probably sub-standard. 7 Wiz is mandatory (realistically I want 8 for at least 1 more lvl 4 spell), then I want 2 Ftr for Vanguard stun dc bonus. Taking Bard to 10 is only 5 sec of freeze on the cleave.

It feels like PM self healing loses to other massive heals past 20. Even if it's 5 sec I'm wondering if that's enough to buy time for NEB to come off cd and Death Aura to tick back the HP to get by on undead healing alone.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #49 - Oct 17th, 2014 at 9:55am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Oct 14th, 2014 at 7:09am:

Yeah I was going to mention it could be beneficial in some ways and places but I haven't checked on live in a loooong time so my info is probably outdated.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint