Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Centered Dwarf Con build (Read 8785 times)
adolrak
Korthos Resident

March of the Noobs!

Centered Dwarf Con build
Jan 3rd, 2015 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
12 fighter 6 pal 2 monk kensai dwarf fighter. 

Built it on the planner and I can fit in every feat I want for GMoF and centred with maul/g-axe, 50 con unbuffed prolly mid/high 60s with scream and destiny and such, feels lie 72 might be max buffed but thats guessing feels like it would play nicely in fury, LD or sentinal, prolly even crusader.  Decent amount of heal amp to go along with all those hps.

Question is... can u still do ok as a melee in pajamas without amazing reflex...

Other question I guess, Can I be in earth stance, and defensive stance at the same time.  If so I feel like I can have decent PRR/MRR in pajamas.
« Last Edit: Jan 3rd, 2015 at 10:12pm by adolrak »  

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Re: Centered Dwarf Con build
Reply #1 - Jan 4th, 2015 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
adolrak wrote on Jan 3rd, 2015 at 3:20pm:
can u still do ok as a melee in pajamas without amazing reflex...

Depends on how good as a player you are about not getting hit

Can I be in earth stance, and defensive stance at the same time.

Yes

If so I feel like I can have decent PRR

Yes

/MRR in pajamas

No

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

adolrak
Korthos Resident

March of the Noobs!

Reply #2 - Jan 4th, 2015 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
that was a very helpful and well organized response lol.  What is considered a 'decent' MRR?  I think i'll end up around 80-90 when all said and done

IP Logged

adolrak
Korthos Resident

March of the Noobs!

Reply #3 - Jan 5th, 2015 at 2:04am
Print Post  
14 str 12 dex 20 con 8 int 8 wis 14 cha

Skills into UMD, Heal, Concentration, Jump

Feats
W. Focus slash --> G weapon Spec
Power attack --> Great Cleave
Imp crit slash
GMoF
Toughness
G 2 Handed
Epics
OC
Epic Tough
Perfect two handed
Epic DR
Perfect Two Weapon

I guess I could ditch the two toughness for precision and maybe quicken/emp healing since the hp will prolly still be around 2k but we'll see how it flushes out

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #4 - Jan 5th, 2015 at 4:53am
Print Post  
Centered Kensai's just aren't top tier anymore with pally's and MRR on the table.

Keen edge just costs way too much and gives less than half of what holy sword gives(which pallies get for free.)

I guess it's still playable if you want to try something different, but it's day in the sun is over.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

adolrak
Korthos Resident

March of the Noobs!

Reply #5 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
What I am looking at is 7x crits with an axe in LD, 9x when I smite. all the cleaves, blitz, craploads of hps and decent prr/saves.  Dipping my toe into sacred defender helps alot.

The build also works well in crusader/sentinel depending what I am doing/needed for, although i think crusader is a pretty solid ED for any melee

am i going to walk through EE content solo without looking.. prolly not but I think it will make grinding out 6 epic lives fun and works with the gear i have.

If i am flat out wrong, or if I am overlooking some sneaky synergy or twist that's what I am hoping to find out from the borg that is vault Smiley

IP Logged

Feynman
Epic Poster

I regret nothing!

Reply #6 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
Question is... can u still do ok as a melee in pajamas without amazing reflex...

No. You are also missing Ninja Fade, and I question how high you will be able to get your dodge, two important defensive tools for monks.

Other question I guess, Can I be in earth stance, and defensive stance at the same time.  If so I feel like I can have decent PRR/MRR in pajamas.

Yes, depending on what you mean by, "decent." 95 PRR/45 MRR is the best I've managed, and then only end game.

---------------------

I have one of these; 9 monk/8 fighter/3 ranger, mornh & deathnip (hammer & pick, obviously Smiley ). Haven't decided what to TR into, but it won't be centered CON-build.

Two problems:

1. *RR is king right now. Cloth armor caps you at 100, not that you can get anywhere close to that without a lot of work.

2. AP. You need 18 in Dwarf, 33 in kensei, and 11 in Shintao, leaving only 18 for SD and kotc. Do you want smites or defensive stance?

Other thoughts:

Heavy armor gives you access to greater stalwart stance, +6 CON and +20% HP.

With a base crit profile of 15-18/x4, 19-20/x6, the Earth Stance bonus nets you less than 5% dps increase.

Why 12 fighter if you are CON based?

15 Paladin/3 fighter/2 monk (or some variation) would give you Holy Sword and Zeal, either of which alone would be more than twice the dps increase than Earth Stance, and you could wear light armor for better *RR.

Or 15 Paladin/5 whatever, heavy armor, Holy Sword and Zeal, and enough AP to take t5 kotc for cleaves and Sealed Life and t4 SD for greater sacred stance; you'd get more CON, more HP, more AC, more *RR, more dps, immune to negative levels, real self-healing, and only lose evasion which you wouldn't have the reflex score to make useful in any 25+ EH quest, anyway.

"Science makes godlike -- it is all over with priests and gods when man becomes scientific. Moral: science is the forbidden as such -- it alone is forbidden. Science is the *first* sin, the *original* sin. *This alone is morality.* ``Thou shalt not know'' -- the rest follows."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

IP Logged

adolrak
Korthos Resident

March of the Noobs!

Reply #7 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
Feynman wrote on Jan 6th, 2015 at 6:06pm:
No. You are also missing Ninja Fade, and I question how high you will be able to get your dodge, two important defensive tools for monks.

Fair enough, dodge will be tricky to max, tho ive just finished 6 of 9 lives as a monkcher without ninja fade, but I am still not used to the dodge changes.  I typically wear smoke gs, and ghostly somewhere else at least for dodge.

Yes, depending on what you mean by, "decent." 95 PRR/45 MRR is the best I've managed, and then only end game.

15 Earth Stance
16 Augment
25 Sacred Defence stance
30 Mythic Minos
Thats 86 without trying.  15 more if i twist Standing with Stone although that means giving up Sense Weakness, and 15 more if i put points in Shintao (which I hadnt)

so 126 PRR if I respec to tank, 86 standing  55 MRR I believe unless the aug adds to both as well.

2. AP. You need 18 in Dwarf, 33 in kensei, and 11 in Shintao, leaving only 18 for SD and kotc. Do you want smites or defensive stance?

I didnt intend to put any points in Shintao, couldnt find a way to even squeeze one into it sadly.  I have 18 in dwarf, 23 in KotC, 6 in SD, and 33 in Kensai.  Gives me max exalted smite and the extra prr/mrr of stance with resto on remove disease which i love and an extra loh lol

Heavy armor gives you access to greater stalwart stance, +6 CON and +20% HP.

I didnt realize this, i thought it was one or the other, definitely something to think about tho, ive never build a pure tank before so i sorta glossed over SD t5s

With a base crit profile of 15-18/x4, 19-20/x6, the Earth Stance bonus nets you less than 5% dps increase.

Im curious whats adding up to 15-20x4.  Holy sword and IC is 17-20x4 and 19-20 at 5x with overwelming
Centred im getting 17-20x3 base and the same 5x or 19-20 so really im losing crit dps just because kensai doesnt offer that built in multiplier.  If there were better mauls in the game it would be a no brainer, maul in LD would give me that 15-20x4 which would be nuts but as is, id be doing lives with a cannith maul or the ratkiller or some shit.
Where I gain back a bit of that dps tho is twisting Dance with Flowers

15 Paladin/3 fighter/2 monk (or some variation) would give you Holy Sword and Zeal, either of which alone would be more than twice the dps increase than Earth Stance, and you could wear light armor for better *RR.

Or 15 Paladin/5 whatever, heavy armor, Holy Sword and Zeal, and enough AP to take t5 kotc for cleaves and Sealed Life and t4 SD for greater sacred stance; you'd get more CON, more HP, more AC, more *RR, more dps, immune to negative levels, real self-healing, and only lose evasion which you wouldn't have the reflex score to make useful in any 25+ EH quest, anyway.

This, seems to be the flavor of the month.  If this dwarven con build doesnt work out a TR is pretty easy and painless these days and I will probably fall back onto this.  Prolly stick with dwarf still and go 4 fighter 1 monk just to get the most out of the free feats

Thank you for your input.  I hope I dont come across as bitching or arguing.  Just trying to expand upon my reasoning for choices and hopefully if im wrong someone can point out why/where ive gone astray
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2015 at 10:34pm by adolrak »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #8 - Jan 7th, 2015 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
Screw Shintao, if you are centered with a greataxe, you need to put 17 points into ninja spy to get sting of the ninja and fists of iron (and sneak attack).

Edit: Coincidentally, you also need a 3rd monk level.
« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2015 at 11:21pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #9 - Jan 7th, 2015 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
I think you need to fix your level split if you are actually going to do this build. Accept that you are not going to get anything out of pally levels 3-6 and change them to monk.

You should have more than enough feats and end up with ~33 pts in kensai, 17 pts in ninja spy, ~18 pts in dwarf, 1 pt in KotC, and about 8 points left to season to taste.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

adolrak
Korthos Resident

March of the Noobs!

Reply #10 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 12:25am
Print Post  
Ok so 12 fighter 6 monk 2 pal, pick up precision or dodge with the extra monk feat.  Fist of iron basically replacing smite causing me to lose a crit multiplier, but no limit to the times i can use it, and gives me shadow fade for survivability.

Forgive my ignorance but why is sting of the ninja good?  extra d4 points of poison every 3 sec doesnt seem like much and theres alot of undead at end game doesnt seem like it would work on much.

8 points still gives me enough for sacred defender stance

and i realized my 16 PR aug and my 30 sheltering do not stack so that brings me down to 70 prr again which doesnt seem so shit hot. I can get 5 more I suppose with a MoD ring but still...

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #11 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 4:43am
Print Post  
adolrak wrote on Jan 8th, 2015 at 12:25am:
Forgive my ignorance but why is sting of the ninja good?  extra d4 points of poison every 3 sec doesnt seem like much and theres alot of undead at end game doesnt seem like it would work on much.

It goes off all the time and stacks up to...25 IIRC (also applies poison vulnerability IIRC...) So 25d4x1.25 every 3 seconds.

Also don't forget to twist dance of flowers.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

adolrak
Korthos Resident

March of the Noobs!

Reply #12 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 12:26am
Print Post  
Ya dance is pretty awesome

IP Logged

adolrak
Korthos Resident

March of the Noobs!

Reply #13 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
I took the whole thing back to formula based on your feedback.  I still like the whole con build centred, I think 2k+ hp and light strike and all that jazz adds up to something fun.  But.  There have been a bunch of you pointing out things that help make pajamas more survivable and there just arent enough AP to make that work with dwarf, so I changed it and this is what I came up with.

8 Fighter 6 Pal 6 Monk  PDK (personally I feel like this is the best split for this build anyways, I lose esentially no feats, just 2 damage from greater weapon spec)
14 str 12 dex 16 con 8 int 8 wis 18 cha

2 Handed fighting line
Imp Crit slash
w focus slash --> g weapon focus
dodge
precision
Stunning blow
GMoF
Cleave, G Cleave
Epics:
OC
Quicken
Perfect 2hand
Perfect 2 weap
Epic DR

For enhancements I feel like I was able to fit in everything that was mentioned above.
PDK - 3AP
Kensai - 33AP
KotC - 14AP (greater resto on remove disease is just too nice, but I suppose I could spend less here)
SD - 6AP
Shintao - 11AP (for Iron Skin)
Ninja Spy - 13AP (fist of iron and sting)

So, I managed to fit in 5% dodge from enhancements and the dodge cap one from kensai, although I may move those AP to tactics cause im not sure how close to cap I will end up
I have Reed in the winds from Shintao for an extra 9% dodge half the time
25 PRR from Sacred
15 PRR from Iron skin
10 from Epic DR
15 from Earth stance
30 from Minos

grand total 95

The problem I run into, is lack of having a decent greatsword for leveling lives lol.  No ESOS here tho I suppose I could start farming for a skybreaker.

Am I getting closer?  I think this setup basically does what i want, everything from one stat in a centred fighter.  I will give up some dps in the crit multiplier but gain a wider crit range my saves will be much better, lose some base dmg stat because none of these enhancements have charisma but overall survive longer/easier

*edit* I just noticed that I could pickup another 20 PRR if i swapped out stunning blow for combat expertise while i ran in LD.  I have never taken combat expert ever lol the -5 to hit doesnt seem like a huge deal with precision, assuming i can be in both, but will the spell cooldown affect coccoon?
Or should I stick to stunning, as the DC will be pretty decent.  Suppose I could ditch quicken
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2015 at 4:00pm by adolrak »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #14 - Jan 11th, 2015 at 2:22am
Print Post  
Power Attack, Combat Expertise, and Precision are mutually exclusive.

Paladin 3-13 is the why bother zone. You need to either commit to a 2 level splash or 14 or more levels for main class.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #15 - Jan 11th, 2015 at 7:27am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 11th, 2015 at 2:22am:
Paladin 3-13 is the why bother zone. You need to either commit to a 2 level splash or 14 or more levels for main class.

I disagree, 3 and 4 paladin are both fairly good options, especially for fleshie centered builds.

3 paladin = 25PRR/MRR for 6ap in the sacred defender tree.
4 paladin = Turn undead / meta magics (notably empower heal)

5-13 paladin is rather pointless though.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #16 - Jan 11th, 2015 at 7:44am
Print Post  
adolrak wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 2:23pm:
8 Fighter 6 Pal 6 Monk  PDK (personally I feel like this is the best split for this build anyways, I lose esentially no feats, just 2 damage from greater weapon spec)
14 str 12 dex 16 con 8 int 8 wis 18 cha

<snip>
Cleave, G Cleave
<snip>

1. Why 6 paladin?  This build will have abysmal saves, even with the charisma to saves bonus you're going to be failing all the time. 

You haven't actually taken a positive meta magic, so you could consider picking up Wizard, this'll net you a cleave for 1ap, lets you spend the wizard bonus feat on quicken, and gives you one more feat to play with (pick up deflect arrows)

It'd free up the option to go for 10fighter/9monk/1wiz, you'll still have abysmal saves, but with improved evasion atleast you'll always be taking half damage, 10th fighter = one more feat (read below and realize you need to get Power attack)

2. You've got cleave and great cleave listed in your feats, you don't have power attack listed, it's a requirement for cleave.

3. Make your secondary stat int and make good use of the harper tree.
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2015 at 7:48am by Munkenmo »  

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

adolrak
Korthos Resident

March of the Noobs!

Reply #17 - Jan 11th, 2015 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 11th, 2015 at 2:22am:
Power Attack, Combat Expertise, and Precision are mutually exclusive.

I dropped precision for toughness, did not realize this.  Also redoing the split cost me quicken so I took epic toughness.  I guess I could have done lightning ref and something else instead.

Munkenmo wrote on Jan 11th, 2015 at 7:44am:
It'd free up the option to go for 10fighter/9monk/1wiz, you'll still have abysmal saves, but with improved evasion atleast you'll always be taking half damage, 10th fighter = one more feat (read below and realize you need to get Power attack)

Improved evasion is a good idea actually, and with the paladin splash feedback I have changed to
9 mnk 8 fig 3 pal this gives me imp evasion and costs me nothing except the ability to use DM without twists which I have no AP for anyways so no bother.  3 paladin still gives me access to greater resto and cure disease, or exalted smite if i want to wiggle ap a tiny bit.

Also what is abysmal saves?  low 70s is where I should sit based on where I am at currently in a pal without decent cha.

I have power attack in the build just didnt list it.

There are no ap for harper, at all unless I want to drop all the survivability stuff i redesigned the build to include.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #18 - Jan 12th, 2015 at 3:42am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jan 11th, 2015 at 7:27am:
I disagree, 3 and 4 paladin are both fairly good options, especially for fleshie centered builds.

3 paladin = 25PRR/MRR for 6ap in the sacred defender tree.
4 paladin = Turn undead / meta magics (notably empower heal)

5-13 paladin is rather pointless though.

Fair enough. 3 and 4 have uses in general practice. I still think 3 is worthless on a build that also has 3 fighter levels.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #19 - Jan 12th, 2015 at 5:31am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 12th, 2015 at 3:42am:
Fair enough. 3 and 4 have uses in general practice. I still think 3 is worthless on a build that also has 3 fighter levels.

I don't know if the wiki is incorrect, but it seems like the Stalwart Defender tree doesn't have MRR, so on a 9/8/3 like this taking a third paladin level Just to get 25MRR from Sacred Defender would still provide more bonuses than 9th fighter or 10th monk.

Heck the games fast approaching the point where's there's not much point in taking beyond 2 fighter levels...  Someone needs to tell Turbine about the area in between the far left and right on a pendulum.
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2015 at 5:33am by Munkenmo »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #20 - Jan 12th, 2015 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jan 12th, 2015 at 5:31am:
I don't know if the wiki is incorrect, but it seems like the Stalwart Defender tree doesn't have MRR, so on a 9/8/3 like this taking a third paladin level Just to get 25MRR from Sacred Defender would still provide more bonuses than 9th fighter or 10th monk.

Heck the games fast approaching the point where's there's not much point in taking beyond 2 fighter levels...  Someone needs to tell Turbine about the area in between the far left and right on a pendulum.

That would be retarded. I'm pretty sure I remember getting the MRR the last time I was a fighter though.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

adolrak
Korthos Resident

March of the Noobs!

Reply #21 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 1:03am
Print Post  
Wiki shows fighter defender tree only having PRR not MRR Sad wether its out of date or not I am not sure.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #22 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 1:22am
Print Post  
adolrak wrote on Jan 13th, 2015 at 1:03am:
Wiki shows fighter defender tree only having PRR not MRR Sad wether its out of date or not I am not sure.

Exactly, I can't check for myself till I get back home, Mid Feb.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 3:18am
Print Post  
Finished 2 back to back swash lives and stance was giving the prr/mrr, along with the stacking +3 to weapon enchantment, +3 to saves, + 6 con and + 20% hp. All worked. Not sure if the fast movement stacked with swash but took it anyway.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #24 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 9:23am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 13th, 2015 at 3:18am:
Finished 2 back to back swash lives and stance was giving the prr/mrr,

Did you update the wiki? I was just about to but it seems someone beat me to it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint