Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic About barb (Read 5310 times)
Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

About barb
Jan 4th, 2015 at 7:51am
Print Post  
Having this strange idea, friend might try out in game,
18 barb 2 rogue harmor staff user.

I kinda think it would be funny and actually not bad.

Any ideas?
Basic idea was, qastrike acrobatics ravager selfheal coupled with dfrenzy.
Since i dont have ap for cap nor pure build the ap needed for qstrike should be there.
Feats meh, basic stuff 2 handed line harmor proficiency etc.

Just need to check if its humanly possible to get kta as well.

Should prove to be a good selfheal builds overall due to staff at speed and more dstrike then regular 2handed barbs.
I know it falls off at 28 due to lack of proper staffs n such.
But i think idea might be worth to try out.

The fact that its a barb with rogue levels without evasion swinging a staff is hillarious

/its just a idea, will say how it works in game after friends says his feedback as im not playing ddo at all
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2015 at 8:05am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Re: About barb
Reply #1 - Jan 4th, 2015 at 10:58am
Print Post  
It will be an absolute beast in heroic once you get that upgradable vampiric q-staff from Lordsmarch.  Once you outlevel that though, donno how well it will do.  Could be awesome, could be bunk.

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #2 - Jan 4th, 2015 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
For some reason I'm thinking Q-Staves don't do glancing blow damage. Not sure though.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #3 - Jan 4th, 2015 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jan 4th, 2015 at 12:24pm:
For some reason I'm thinking Q-Staves don't do glancing blow damage. Not sure though.

Pretty sure they do, issue why they are unpopular is mainly that they fall of at 28 due to hmm low base damage crit multi and ramge of thforged.

But it would be a fun build for those that need epic plifes and enjoy trap bonus n such.

I have no will to test in game, nor to play ddo at all, but i have a feeling it might actually also be ok at 28 fully geared  due to att speed and ravager selfheal procs

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #4 - Jan 4th, 2015 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
I also thought there was an issue where q-staves do not get glancing blows.

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #5 - Jan 4th, 2015 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
I'm pretty sure they fixed the glancing blows with Qstaff a couple updates ago. It's why I redid my Centered Kensei into a Heavy Armor Pal/Rog.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #6 - Jan 4th, 2015 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jan 4th, 2015 at 3:26pm:
I also thought there was an issue where q-staves do not get glancing blows.

There was an issue, it was fixed.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #7 - Jan 4th, 2015 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
Not enough AP.

36 in ravager for blood strength + crit rage
31 in FB for death frenzy
Not enough left for for even TA stuff let alone harper.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #8 - Jan 5th, 2015 at 1:40am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 4th, 2015 at 10:54pm:
Not enough AP.

36 in ravager for blood strength + crit rage
31 in FB for death frenzy
Not enough left for for even TA stuff let alone harper.

That opens up more ideas then.
Can skip on 18 barb levels, would still keep 15-16 for good proc, but can go 15 barb 3 fighter 2 rogue, skip on whole berserker stuff, get stance get kta.

There are many options now that i think about for a heavy survival selfheal cleaving speed machine.

Wouldnt try to think of a druid build, for druids im entirely sold on ranger splash due to dod synergy which kills any t5s
« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2015 at 1:41am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #9 - Jan 5th, 2015 at 2:30am
Print Post  
Pally sounds better for heavy armor staff.
« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2015 at 2:31am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #10 - Jan 5th, 2015 at 3:51am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 5th, 2015 at 1:40am:
That opens up more ideas then.
Can skip on 18 barb levels, would still keep 15-16 for good proc, but can go 15 barb 3 fighter 2 rogue, skip on whole berserker stuff, get stance get kta.

There are many options now that i think about for a heavy survival selfheal cleaving speed machine.

Wouldnt try to think of a druid build, for druids im entirely sold on ranger splash due to dod synergy which kills any t5s

DUDEEE YOU ARE SO FUCKING DUMB.
DRUID IS ACTUALLY GOOD, jesus when i need to talk with idiots.
Tsk tsk tsk.

/funny when you have to argue with yourself.

Had a bazinga moment today while vacuuming house.
First, yes i forgot that you cant be raged while stanced, so fighter falls off.
Im not sure tho if you can use rage then turn on stance and keep rage.
Never played a stanced barb, so dont know if it works same as primal /stance combo.
Loss of tireless rage hurts tho, but meh that with the other benefits
Druid on the other side has magnificent synergy.
Basicallly 15 barb 3 druid 2 rogue.
Drop most stuff from berserker, go for ravager, fatal harrier, get sp, get rams, possible to get kta.
Selfhealing speed build with pretty good dcs on stuning blow.
Til sireth shilly will work wonders on evening staff, easy to get, from 23-28 use sireth, then etr, also with that att speed and heal on hit with aoe damage, it should be good dps overall.
Look at loss from fatal death frenzy like this.
Dfrenzy vs 15% att speed with staffs and most of the content sustained fatal harrier for 25% base at speed.

I think that might be a good build, so basically 15 barb 3 druid 2 rogue.
Seems heavy ap intensive, but with droping of dfrenzy possible to get mos stuff, keep in mind you only need 2 ranks in fatal for full benefit

No aligment issues, survivable heavy focus on selfhealing as barb with massive aoe and if focus on kta, also possible to get traping for xp bonus
Thoughts?
Of course basic 2 handed feats, st blow, cleaves etc, feats dont matter since close to all builds use same feat setup when it comes to 2 handed

/personal question, why does every single melle build that i make become viable when i splash druid to it.. Sigh

Another thing to keep in mind is that personally im leaning toward speed builds, after playing a druid for months it totally won me over, and i got 3x on over mainly with speed builds or heavy arcane builds, of course i did the ocasinal thrower/2hander palie/whatnot build but they never left a impression on me.
Example i saw zodas ranks run, and i checkd my pscreens on old hard drive and saw a screenie in a wolf build when i tested how it is in breaking and saw i beat his time by half a minute before necro gear came out without tryharding.
So while big numbers are impressive, on the long run speed builds with blitz pull ahead dps wise from my onw personal experience.
Sad thing is that i never managed to make a monk wraps build that i was satisfied with after motu came out.
Qpalm era was fun tho.
« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2015 at 4:10am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #11 - Jan 5th, 2015 at 4:42am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 5th, 2015 at 3:51am:
DUDEEE YOU ARE SO FUCKING DUMB.
DRUID IS ACTUALLY GOOD, jesus when i need to talk with idiots.
Tsk tsk tsk.

/funny when you have to argue with yourself.

Had a bazinga moment today while vacuuming house.
First, yes i forgot that you cant be raged while stanced, so fighter falls off.
Im not sure tho if you can use rage then turn on stance and keep rage.
Never played a stanced barb, so dont know if it works same as primal /stance combo.
Loss of tireless rage hurts tho, but meh that with the other benefits
Druid on the other side has magnificent synergy.
Basicallly 15 barb 3 druid 2 rogue.
Drop most stuff from berserker, go for ravager, fatal harrier, get sp, get rams, possible to get kta.
Selfhealing speed build with pretty good dcs on stuning blow.
Til sireth shilly will work wonders on evening staff, easy to get, from 23-28 use sireth, then etr, also with that att speed and heal on hit with aoe damage, it should be good dps overall.
Look at loss from fatal death frenzy like this.
Dfrenzy vs 15% att speed with staffs and most of the content sustained fatal harrier for 25% base at speed.

I think that might be a good build, so basically 15 barb 3 druid 2 rogue.
Seems heavy ap intensive, but with droping of dfrenzy possible to get mos stuff, keep in mind you only need 2 ranks in fatal for full benefit

No aligment issues, survivable heavy focus on selfhealing as barb with massive aoe and if focus on kta, also possible to get traping for xp bonus
Thoughts?
Of course basic 2 handed feats, st blow, cleaves etc, feats dont matter since close to all builds use same feat setup when it comes to 2 handed

/personal question, why does every single melle build that i make become viable when i splash druid to it.. Sigh

Another thing to keep in mind is that personally im leaning toward speed builds, after playing a druid for months it totally won me over, and i got 3x on over mainly with speed builds or heavy arcane builds, of course i did the ocasinal thrower/2hander palie/whatnot build but they never left a impression on me.
Example i saw zodas ranks run, and i checkd my pscreens on old hard drive and saw a screenie in a wolf build when i tested how it is in breaking and saw i beat his time by half a minute before necro gear came out without tryharding.
So while big numbers are impressive, on the long run speed builds with blitz pull ahead dps wise from my onw personal experience.
Sad thing is that i never managed to make a monk wraps build that i was satisfied with after motu came out.
Qpalm era was fun tho.

Shillelagh is good (and possibly buggy?), but doesn't the good stuff in Nature's Warrior require you to be in animal form?

Also fatal harrier doesn't stack with haste, so how is this better than 18 pally/2 rogue with holy sword and full KotC light damage on every glance?
« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2015 at 4:45am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #12 - Jan 5th, 2015 at 4:59am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 5th, 2015 at 4:42am:
Shillelagh is good (and possibly buggy?), but doesn't the good stuff in Nature's Warrior require you to be in animal form?

Also fatal harrier doesn't stack with haste, so how is this better than 18 pally/2 rogue with holy sword and full KotC light damage on every glance?

Yes i proposed that build also a while ago on multiple stick threads to people who still think rogue monk is defacto.
Rogue is, monk not so much due to power of harmor, tho i do like dance.
Fatal harrier has a hm lets say higher bonus then haste as it stacks and outperforms reguluar haste which is capped at
15% while fatal goes up to 25% at speed.
Most stuff does not reguire to be in animal form whatsover, to be precise you can pick til fatal harier stuff that will only benefit you.
Dstrike cheap aboost, hide of crocy, venge hunter etc.
Its a actually really good tree til t3 which is why only 3 druid levels.
Shilly works perfectly fine, being with the simple issue that it only works on wood typed staffs, which is useless for sireth and thforged.
Not sure what type new staff from new pack is tho.
Also this is a twist on barb to make it better survival and speed proc wise.
For example you will notice mortal fear quite offten on builds like this Smiley
I dont either think it would fall behind regular barbs either due to benefits of splash and the share ammount of fun staff builds offer.
I got for example 2 esos-es on main and shards seals for 1-2 more if i manage to pull base sword again, but i never had fun with that playstyle since it feels to slow for me, so even tho i have that super rare piece of garage for brag rights i didnt even use it since i always preferd to spend couple coms and get me a staff from evening
« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2015 at 5:04am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #13 - Jan 5th, 2015 at 5:46am
Print Post  
Meh, I've got a barb build. If I do sticks it will be on a pally.

Have fun.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #14 - Jan 5th, 2015 at 9:48am
Print Post  
And last 2 ideas that include dfrenzy kta but no qstrike would be 18 barb 1 druid 1 rogue and 18 barb 1 rogue 1 cleric.
Cleric would focus on dmight while druid on kta.

Druid version is definitely better.

What does it have?
Kta, staff 15% att speed with staffs, t5 ravager, dfrenzy, damage boost, shilleagh, more sp then regular barbs and rams.

What does cleric version have?
Dmight, harmor profic so basically a free feat, since char based more umd /not like it is any issue whatsover

This is purely for a staff barb for people who want to mess with it.
Should be highly effective and nice for a shadar kai past life

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #15 - Jan 5th, 2015 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Until it's fixed, the attack speed of Shining Crescents with SWF and rog q-staff attack speed would be really crazy.  That's if you have 1.. titan's not exactly commonly run anymore.

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jan 5th, 2015 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
Selee wrote on Jan 5th, 2015 at 12:55pm:
attack speed of Shining Crescents with SWF and rog q-staff attack speed would be really crazy.

tested this on lama with swf 15 pal 3 mnk 2 rge. Attack speed seemed faster than just sireth, but damage was puny. Although would be a great exploit build if levels capped in heroic.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #17 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 4:04am
Print Post  
I think i have one on main, would be funny to test it out.
I just wish they put lama up, since i dont want to bother with real ddo.
I log for friends sake to chat only tho, curse of 3x all completionist character with all gear is real /:

Really there is apsolutely nothing to do in ddo once you get that beside rant at inbalance and no challenge heh
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2015 at 4:05am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #18 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 8:16am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 6th, 2015 at 4:04am:
nothing to do in ddo once you get that

You could do it again also.