Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Sorc Splode in your face (Read 4364 times)
adolrak
Korthos Resident

March of the Noobs!

Sorc Splode in your face
Jan 5th, 2015 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Another weird build, since im trying to work through EPL's on a toon with mostly melee gear, and i like odd builds. This will be for arcane EPL's just run in draconic

14 Str 8 Dex 16 Con 12 Int 8 Wis 18 Cha
12 sorc 6 pal 2 fighter PDK

single weapon bastard sword fire savant EK
I can get all I want from fire savant, and fit in EK t5's heavy armor with sword and orb

Power attack, cleave
greater single weapon
Empower, Max, Quicken,
Imp Critical slash
Bastard sword
Completionist

Epics:
OC
Spellpower fire
(quicken is taken at 24/21)
Perfect two weapon fighting

I took cleave for lack of anything else to take as a low level fighter bonus but I may take the fighter level later to try and take a more necessary feat since i cant fit great cleave if i want metamagics, tho at 27 im looking at epic DR as my main choice, not sure if its overkill in heavy armor.

Also not sure if perfect two handed fighting helps with bastard sword so i took the extra 5% doublestrike

Basically just run up and energy burst things in the face, very straight forward.  Fly By attack for CC, cleaves and decent melee damage for when thats all on cooldown.  And when im done my arcane PL's if its fun i can get 3 pdk lives for more prr.. seems neat.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Sorc Splode in your face
Reply #1 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 3:25am
Print Post  
another option is swash in fatesinger. lot of good abilities and can have synergy with bard.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

adolrak
Korthos Resident

March of the Noobs!

Reply #2 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
I guess I never really consider fatesinger.  What are some of the prime abilities, turn the tide seems obviously useful for trash clearing/zerging, and reign is fun but nothing else really jumps out at me.

And do you mean same basic build but swap pal levels for bard levels? Or go pure bard?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
adolrak wrote on Jan 6th, 2015 at 12:44pm:
  What are some of the prime abilities

Glitter of Fame: (Passive) Gain +1 to your effective Arcane caster level, +1 Charisma, +1 Constitution and a +1 to hit. Special Effect: As long as you are above 10% Health, you radiate confidence: gain a +1 to all other Ability scores, except Charisma

Harmonic Resonance: (Passive) Your melee, missile, and unarmed attacks have a 10% chance per hit of building a stacking resonance in your enemies. Each stack increases the creature's vulnerability to Sonic damage by 10%. The effect may stack up to 5 times and lasts up to 20 seconds.

Special Effect: As long as you are above 10% Health, enemies that strike you have a 5% chance of becoming Fascinated for 12 seconds, with no saving throw.

and a +3 Unique bonus to damage.

Enemies that strike you also have a 5% chance to become blinded by your glory for 12 seconds (in addition to other effects), with no saving throw. You also gain a +5 to all saving throws vs. Enchantments.  +10 to the Spell Power of your Sonic, Light and Positive spells.

that is just the cores.

Allure: (Passive) [+2/+4/+6] to Haggle, Perform,

Aria:  gain a [20/40/60] Spell Power bonus to your Sonic spells, and a [5/10/15] Spell Power bonus to your Force, Positive and Negative spells. Duration 180 seconds.

Siren's Song: Spontaneous song: (Active Cooldown: [60/50/40] seconds) Unbreakable mesmerize on a single target and deals 2 Constitution damage every [3/2/1] seconds. Duration 12 seconds.

Chord of Disruption: (Passive) When Siren's Song expires, Chord of Disruption focuses your energy to a single disruptive point causing [5d100+700 / 6d100+800 / 7d100+900] disintegrating sonic damage. If a Fortitude save is made effects are halved.

Echoes of the Ancestors: Martial: : (Passive, Cooldown 6 seconds) Stance, 1 song to activate: Shadowdancer: Gain a +1 Dexterity, a +2 to saving throws vs. traps and a 1d6 Sneak Attack damage bonus. In addition, every time you are hit, you have a 5% chance of being affected by Lingering Shadows for 4 seconds. Lingering Shadows grants you displacement, a +4 to hit and +2 damage, and +15% attack speed, but is removed if you are damaged. Last, you gain a +20% to the duration of your Songs.

Fragment of the Song: Valor: (Passive) Your Inspire Courage grants you and your party an additional [+1/+2] to damage. In addition, you gain the following personal bonuses:
Rank 1: Inspire Courage increases your melee attack speed by +3% (competence bonus, stacks with Haste spell) and grants you +10 competence bonus to temporary HP. Removes combat penalties for moving.

Rank 2: +1 to hit, +10 morale bonus to temporary HP, +2 to Intimidate (Morale bonus). Gives you a 2% chance to cause 5% electric/light/sonic vulnerability (stacks 3 times).

Grim Fate: Your Bound Fate now inflicts creatures with an additional [6%/10%/12%] vulnerability to Physical attacks. Grim Fate may take effect even if Bound Fate does not. Duration 1 minute.

Str increases, reign for pswf, and turn tide for trash.

adolrak wrote on Jan 6th, 2015 at 12:44pm:
And do you mean same basic build but swap pal levels for bard levels? Or go pure bard?

any swash build you want. Depends on the past life you want. I would suggest Zoda's con based dwarf swash over other swash builds. versatile can be made as ftr or rogue icon as well.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

adolrak
Korthos Resident

March of the Noobs!

Reply #4 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
con swash sounds neat, kinda sad tho, i came up with this fun sorc melee ae dps type build idea and the response is, make a bard *sad panda* lol

Also I dont need any heroic lives, finished my single completionist thats good enough lol any extras i get now are just from playing with epic builds

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #5 - Jan 7th, 2015 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
adolrak wrote on Jan 6th, 2015 at 10:41pm:
con swash sounds neat, kinda sad tho, i came up with this fun sorc melee ae dps type build idea and the response is, make a bard *sad panda* lol

Also I dont need any heroic lives, finished my single completionist thats good enough lol any extras i get now are just from playing with epic builds

Bards are the best at SWF. Nuff said.

Also builds don't really matter if you are just grinding xp. You can roll any melee in fatesinger and it will be ok now with the passive melee power in the cores.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

adolrak
Korthos Resident

March of the Noobs!

Reply #6 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 1:04am
Print Post  
Ya im sure I could just roll generic through fatesinger, but wheres the fun in that?  I changed the spread since your post on my other build made me think i went 6 fighter 2 pal on this once because really i have barely any points in pal, and the 2 extra fighter gave me dodge and great cleave, way more useful than a few extra will save lol

4-6 cleaves with energy burst and fly by attack might be excessive... but excessive is another word for fun!

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #7 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 3:15am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 7th, 2015 at 11:37pm:
Bards are the best at SWF. Nuff said.

Also builds don't really matter if you are just grinding xp. You can roll any melee in fatesinger and it will be ok now with the passive melee power in the cores.

Not really, til they fix druids are best at swf

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #8 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 4:47am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 8th, 2015 at 3:15am:
Not really, til they fix druids are best at swf

Well, one build is, but only because it is also TWF.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

adolrak
Korthos Resident

March of the Noobs!

Reply #9 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Rolling this up at the end of this EPL will see how it works.  I think it will be pretty fun and survivable even without any divine EPLs

IP Logged

adolrak
Korthos Resident

March of the Noobs!

Reply #10 - Jan 15th, 2015 at 1:25am
Print Post  
106 PRR 70 MRR 831 hps 2124 spell points 241 fire spellpower 45 charisma and a +49 damage mod at level 20, plus incredibly fun first night of playing around. 

Learned that empower and max are almost useless to the build since none of the draconic SLA's use either and im not gonna waste sp spamming scorch/burning hands.  Should take scorching ray tho for immolation stacks and just cast quickened.  Will trade both feats out next life, probably for extend, toughness.  I took dodge in the build at 24 for lack of options but I dont think I will need it so epic toughness it is.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jan 15th, 2015 at 1:56am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 6th, 2015 at 5:59pm:
Glitter of Fame: (Passive) Gain +1 to your effective Arcane caster level, +1 Charisma, +1 Constitution and a +1 to hit. Special Effect: As long as you are above 10% Health, you radiate confidence: gain a +1 to all other Ability scores, except Charisma

Harmonic Resonance: (Passive) Your melee, missile, and unarmed attacks have a 10% chance per hit of building a stacking resonance in your enemies. Each stack increases the creature's vulnerability to Sonic damage by 10%. The effect may stack up to 5 times and lasts up to 20 seconds.

Special Effect: As long as you are above 10% Health, enemies that strike you have a 5% chance of becoming Fascinated for 12 seconds, with no saving throw.

and a +3 Unique bonus to damage.

Enemies that strike you also have a 5% chance to become blinded by your glory for 12 seconds (in addition to other effects), with no saving throw. You also gain a +5 to all saving throws vs. Enchantments.  +10 to the Spell Power of your Sonic, Light and Positive spells.

that is just the cores.

Allure: (Passive) [+2/+4/+6] to Haggle, Perform,

Aria:  gain a [20/40/60] Spell Power bonus to your Sonic spells, and a [5/10/15] Spell Power bonus to your Force, Positive and Negative spells. Duration 180 seconds.

Siren's Song: Spontaneous song: (Active Cooldown: [60/50/40] seconds) Unbreakable mesmerize on a single target and deals 2 Constitution damage every [3/2/1] seconds. Duration 12 seconds.

Chord of Disruption: (Passive) When Siren's Song expires, Chord of Disruption focuses your energy to a single disruptive point causing [5d100+700 / 6d100+800 / 7d100+900] disintegrating sonic damage. If a Fortitude save is made effects are halved.

Echoes of the Ancestors: Martial: : (Passive, Cooldown 6 seconds) Stance, 1 song to activate: Shadowdancer: Gain a +1 Dexterity, a +2 to saving throws vs. traps and a 1d6 Sneak Attack damage bonus. In addition, every time you are hit, you have a 5% chance of being affected by Lingering Shadows for 4 seconds. Lingering Shadows grants you displacement, a +4 to hit and +2 damage, and +15% attack speed, but is removed if you are damaged. Last, you gain a +20% to the duration of your Songs.

Fragment of the Song: Valor: (Passive) Your Inspire Courage grants you and your party an additional [+1/+2] to damage. In addition, you gain the following personal bonuses:
Rank 1: Inspire Courage increases your melee attack speed by +3% (competence bonus, stacks with Haste spell) and grants you +10 competence bonus to temporary HP. Removes combat penalties for moving.

Rank 2: +1 to hit, +10 morale bonus to temporary HP, +2 to Intimidate (Morale bonus). Gives you a 2% chance to cause 5% electric/light/sonic vulnerability (stacks 3 times).

Grim Fate: Your Bound Fate now inflicts creatures with an additional [6%/10%/12%] vulnerability to Physical attacks. Grim Fate may take effect even if Bound Fate does not. Duration 1 minute.

Str increases, reign for pswf, and turn tide for trash.

any swash build you want. Depends on the past life you want. I would suggest Zoda's con based dwarf swash over other swash builds. versatile can be made as ftr or rogue icon as well.

Fatesinger is the ballz!

IP Logged

adolrak
Korthos Resident

March of the Noobs!

Reply #12 - Jan 17th, 2015 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
168 PRR 100 MRR
1156 HP 2131 SP
56 Cha with ship buffs and elixir, never bothered with yugos
171% fort
398 fire spellpower
6% double strike Sad 31 Melee Power
81 fort 69 ref 80 will
55 acid 55 cold 65 elec 75 fire and 25 sonic res
all that at 27

All in all not a bad build, ae dps is nuts, Inferno of the Damned sucked balls to run ee, but I managed.

Still need to adjust feats next life, and possibly enhancements.  Immolation does not work with any of the Draconic SLA's.  Neither does Conflagration sadly. 

Did not take Scorching ray so next tr I will pick it up and run it quickened see if that helps.  I read somewhere that it applies a stack of Immolation per ray so 3-4 stacks per cast seems ok.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint