Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Looking for a good THF build, too much swf/s&b (Read 7560 times)
Lehane
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Looking for a good THF build, too much swf/s&b
Feb 22nd, 2015 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
don't get me wrong I have been enjoying the crap out of swf and s&b but looking around there have not been too many THF builds around so I was curious what the vault could recommend.

was thinking between:

-Pure 20 Barb, frenzy and ravager (tier 5's in ravager but frenzy core for storms eye)
or
-Pure 20 Pally, Primary KotC, secondary Sacred for stances. but was curious if the light damage from KotC was considered a weapon effect and thus had a *chance* to proc on glancing blows, or would just proc on every melee hit?

does not have to be either class or pure but that's what came to mind. atm would like to avoid bard if it all possible as I just played a shit tone of it.

ty folks Wink

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Looking for a good THF build, too much swf/s&b
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2015 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
Lehane wrote on Feb 22nd, 2015 at 2:37pm:
proc on glancing blows, or would just proc on every melee hit?

yes. procs on glances and dstrikes.

Lehane wrote on Feb 22nd, 2015 at 2:37pm:
-Pure 20 Barb, frenzy and ravager (tier 5's in ravager but frenzy core for storms eye)
or
-Pure 20 Pally, Primary KotC, secondary Sacred for stances.

yes

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 8:30am
Print Post  
Tried both and both are great DPS.
My pure bladeforged thf Kotc paladin was the more "easybutton" one to play, got almost boring after a while.

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Lehane
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 9:04am
Print Post  
string table error, tableDID wrote on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 8:30am:
Tried both and both are great DPS.
My pure bladeforged thf Kotc paladin was the more "easybutton" one to play, got almost boring after a while.

this is actually a very close call for me, though the access to bladeforged is swaying that way because I do enjoy them.

-Barb: Blood strength is epic
-Pally: Lay on hands is too, and has a slight second proc on bladeforged.

-Barb: frenzy and pain touch
-Pally: extra light damage from KotC

-Barb: Uncanny dodge, uncanny balance, mind over magic, way more heal amp, way more hp.
-Pally: way better base saves, resistances, and immunities. seal life, and greater restoration effect on your remove diseases, plus sacred stance.

-Barb: Crit rage, rage, angry arms, and mad munitions.
-Pally: Holy sword, Zeal.

just so damn close.

« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2015 at 9:05am by Lehane »  

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #4 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
Lehane wrote on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 9:04am:
this is actually a very close call for me, though the access to bladeforged is swaying that way because I do enjoy them.

-Pally: Lay on hands is too, and has a slight second proc on bladeforged.

-Barb: frenzy and pain touch
-Pally: extra light damage from KotC

-Barb: Uncanny dodge, uncanny balance, mind over magic, way more heal amp, way more hp.
-Pally: way better base saves, resistances, and immunities. seal life, and greater restoration effect on your remove diseases, plus sacred stance.

-Barb: Crit rage, rage, angry arms, and mad munitions.
-Pally: Holy sword, Zeal.

just so damn close.

Barb: Cant use any clicky while raging.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #5 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 12:42am
Print Post  
Pally for THF.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #6 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 2:23am
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 10:13pm:
Barb: Cant use any clicky while raging.

Paly: Gets UMD easily because of high CHA (and gets more profit from it because of not raging)

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Lehane
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 8:52am
Print Post  
hey thanks for the thoughts guys, it really helps Smiley probably will be going pally because after playing a bard for so long you do fall in love with UMD

IP Logged

FM
Dragon Raider

Reply #8 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
Lehane wrote on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 9:04am:

I've been using a Drow Occult Slayer capstone/tier 5 FB and haven't had a chance to try out Blood Strength yet. How big is the heal on it, and does one need to be twf or swf for it to be worthwhile?

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #9 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
FM wrote on Feb 24th, 2015 at 6:00pm:
I've been using a Drow Occult Slayer capstone/tier 5 FB and haven't had a chance to try out Blood Strength yet. How big is the heal on it, and does one need to be twf or swf for it to be worthwhile?

On heroics its great.
Epics will tell you in 2 days.

IP Logged

Lehane
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Feb 24th, 2015 at 7:13pm:
On heroics its great.
Epics will tell you in 2 days.

agreed. rolled 2 icons, one a 1 fighter 14 barb, the other 15 pally, to test out enhancements and builds, and fell in love with it. ran around doing slayer and that ability alone made me role barb over pally, with junk icon gear I was healing for 50+ on a kill and about 30ish on the %chance (happens a bunch with cleaves)

its positive energy and so scales with heal amp, and it scales with weapon power (blitz ftw) so even thought it does not look like much at first there is a vid around of a solo EE breaking the ranks and hes hitting 200+ per kill heal and about 70+ per proc. and seemed to rely mostly on that for his self healing.

im super stoked about this skill actually I immidiatly fell in love with it because you can zerg hella hard and not die.
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2015 at 8:53pm by Lehane »  

IP Logged

FM
Dragon Raider

Reply #11 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
Thanks.

Damn, looks like I'm going to have to roll up a T5 Ravager.

IP Logged

Lehane
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 9:43pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Display Name
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 9:43pm
Print Post  

I have a 2HF Barb and it crushes EE. None of that Consecration voodoo required. T2 TF Gaxe(Dragon Edge for the Fort bypass, criting undead makes me happy, you will be too, Don't need no stinking Mortal Fear)+LD+haste boost+Blitz. Things die fast enough to keep you at near top HP. 41 point in Frenzy for the cap. 39 in Raveger. Yes, 39. You want Blood Str (duh) Crit Rage (double Duh) and Uncanny Balance (Barb Ref sucks, learn to live with it). Remember your "healing" is derived from your "Swing'n'Killin." You can't swing if you on your back. You can do other things on your back but not in DDo. Points in Balance is a good idea too. Fracking Dragon overrun unable to save POS game mechanic..... 

Stunning blow whatever. Also, Dorf does not have the extra feat so double whatever. Shit eats dirt too fast to matter anyway. I get by just fine with only supreme cleave. Also al the LD swinging clickies are redundant too. See above about Shit being dead b4 you can click on another damn thing. I replace the redundant cleaves with Epic Toughness. 1600+ is nothing to laugh at. There are times when you'll get knock down to the 300 range and when your butt hole is all puckered up you will be glad for those extra HPees.

My Enhacements are mostly the same as Zoda. Forget the Cruel Cut line. I don't want to click any more extra BS. Frenzy blitz and excessive action boosts are enough. I take Do You Like Pain Line instead. (Side note: A little goes a long way so....yes?) Wade in is less than useless. If you cant hit shit trash by now quit. Human Damage boost? screw it, I'm Dorf don't need it. Take those two points and get the anti knockdown godness. Blood Trail is redundant. You will never notice those 10 hp anyway. Put those points into Athletics. The Sprint on rage is nice but the + to Balance is better. Every time a dragon knocks me down I player rage.

Run LD. Blitz. DO IT. It adds to PRR too. If I can keep Blitz going in EE in a full melee monster bash party not stoping to shrine for the whole quest (not all quests are Blitz friendly, some are worse than other's you will learn) using a 2HF ANYONE CAN. You will even have action boosts left over once you level up your zerg skillz. Twist Tunnel vision, Hail of Blows and Grim Precision. Forget Scream, I don't want any more gawd damn clicky's!!!!! Yes, I said GRIM PRECISION. I believe in equal opportunity access to my crits. Undead, constructs, Elem's and anyone else who wants some. No hurt feeling in this LLC Crit DAMAGE company.

Intim is kinda useful too. If I can't run down the the kiting about to die idiot PUG noob and his pet monster in tow with a sprint and intim combo I just move on with the quest. His stone still gets XP. I consider it a good will public service that I haul the party through quests anyway.       

Orcish Privateer's boots is your friend. Never leave your friend at home. Anti Fear is easy to slot. Do it, your will save will not be that great either.

All the stat damage BS is a waste of space. All the useless swing for +(w) will slow you down. Ignore that shit too. Seriously, ignore it. In EH trash die so fast you can't charge a blitz. What the Hell are you going to do with 2d6 Str damage o.O?! In EE pop a haste boost b4 blitz go to town and do work. after 2 maybe 3 boosts I'll have 8 stacks or more. Depends on how dense the trash packs are and how far away they are from each other. Pop power boost of your choice at 8 stacks and by the time you try to land a Slaughter the garbage has already been slaughtered. Everyone who talks smack about Storms Eye can STFU. It's Moar damage on top of Moar damage. Learn to love it or take it of your hot bar, I don't care what you do but i'm tired of hearing about Storm eye whiney whine whine BS. 1 rank of sprint boots helps the "zerging to trash faster to keep blitz" meta game.   

Blood Strength is enough if you have good gear(does not have to be the very best, just not pure crap) play smart and plan your build out. Not sure what the proc rate is for I like Pain. Its not the reliable by its self but it does help. So does a Golems heart. All three together work rather well, most of the time. That is proc rates for you, its good untill it does not proc when you need it. Live with it and kill faster. Make sure to work damage mitigation and Hamp into your build. Burn a feat for heavy armor and run Shadow Guardian.

If you do start to take a pounding (I'm looking at you fort bypass adrenalin auto-crit champ or whatever the hell hits for 500 a pop after my 144 PRR) play smart. Don't just stand there and die like a dumb ass. You have 10% moment speed, use it. Get some room, drink a SF pot or Elixir of whatever the hell you have on hand(collector in lordsmarch has best in game ATM, non-cards non-store at least). Pop Thick Skin or uncanny dodge and whatever damn damage boost you need ATM then death dance his ass into the dirt. Whack Whack jump the freak out of his hit box and whack'm in the back. Repeat as needed. 

Holy shit this got longer than I planed.

Whatever, I'm a noob poster, what do I know?  

P.S. This is a first life toon, 0 ETR, +5Str/Con +4 all other tome and whaever skill tomes were laying around on my mules.

P.P.S For the love of Mike get 11 ranks into UMD. That shit works barb or no barb.   
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2015 at 11:35pm by Display Name »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #14 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
FM wrote on Feb 24th, 2015 at 9:19pm:
Thanks.

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1416652172/34#34

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Feb 25th, 2015 at 1:01am
Print Post  
FM wrote on Feb 24th, 2015 at 9:19pm:
Thanks.

I've been using a Drow Occult Slayer capstone/tier 5 FB

i have a layout for ravager tier 5 drow occult slayer in OS barb thread. the good thing about the build is it can swap roles on the fly. want slayer cap? np. want 5 foot's build? np. want your fb tier 5 OS? np.

something that either barb build cant do.
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2015 at 1:01am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Lehane
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Feb 25th, 2015 at 6:38am
Print Post  
they actually reference 5 foots build in that thread Cheesy the only reason I didn't go with it is because I wanted a THF build Tongue

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #17 - Feb 25th, 2015 at 6:39pm
Print Post  

On thf works great, its like paladin in crusader on steroids, except you can be in ld and still heal like crazy.
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2015 at 6:39pm by Viktor Vaughn »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint