Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Early-Epic weapons (Read 8630 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Early-Epic weapons
Mar 9th, 2015 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
I'm running a Bladeforged 3 paladin/5 wizard/12 fighter build(and loving it), and slowly working my way through the epic levels. Problem is, I just hit 23 and am feeling like my weapons are inadequate.

I've been using an Aspect of Lighting II(lit2) greensteel greatsword as my main weapon.

As Bladeforged I get some decent bonuses for using a greatsword over an axe but it doesn't "break" the build if I go with something else. My Kensi focus is heavy blades so I am trying to stick with bastard swords or greatswords, though I may re-spec if greataxes are all I can find.

I just pulled out my fully-upgraded Cleaver, Hewer of Suffering, which I'm going to try to use for the +15 PRR, but I'm wondering if there's anything better.

Keep in mind, I'm at 23, and looking for more/better weapons to use next life in the 20-23 range. Telling me to get a fully-upgraded ML28 TF weapon is not exactly helpful...

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Early-Epic weapons
Reply #1 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
get not fully upgraded TF, slot meteoric or deconstructor in

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
Tier 0 TFs seem kind of pointless, like even my greensteel should out DPS that.

What about Tier 1? I'd be ML24 but I seem to recall from a few lives ago that my Tier 1s were doing pretty nice.

Of course that still leaves me hanging for 20-23 Tongue

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #3 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 9th, 2015 at 12:27pm:
I just pulled out my fully-upgraded Cleaver, Hewer of Suffering, which I'm going to try to use for the +15 PRR, but I'm wondering if there's anything better.

Keep in mind, I'm at 23, and looking for more/better weapons to use next life in the 20-23 range. Telling me to get a fully-upgraded ML28 TF weapon is not exactly helpful...

ESOS is better.

TF stuff is better than ESOS, but much higher min-level.

IP Logged

DDONoob
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 12:58pm
Print Post  

A basic thunderforged weapon is unbound, min lvl 22 and has the metalline property and a purple slot for a useful augment. Better than GS.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Mar 9th, 2015 at 12:46pm:
ESOS is better.

TF stuff is better than ESOS, but much higher min-level.

I know. This is my "ESOS OR BUST" life. I am GETTING that esos....

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #6 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Gringo wrote on Mar 9th, 2015 at 12:33pm:
get not fully upgraded TF, slot meteoric or deconstructor in

Decontructor = ML 28.. might as well fully upgrade the TF if your going to slot that shit..

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #7 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
DDONoob wrote on Mar 9th, 2015 at 12:58pm:
A basic thunderforged weapon is unbound, min lvl 22 and has the metalline property and a purple slot for a useful augment. Better than GS.

I did not realize the TF was metaline... that does make a bit of difference!

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #8 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 9th, 2015 at 1:19pm:
I did not realize the TF was metaline... that does make a bit of difference!

For that 20-30 dr?  Grin
When you are doing 10k crits, that really makes a difference.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #9 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
I mostly just don't like seeing yellow numbers Tongue

Ok, next dumb question: shields.

Honestly, I am still using an ML14 Orchard tower shield. Obviously damn-near anything is better, but is there a particular named/crafted item I should go after, or just grab something loot gen that doesn't suck?

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
I wouldn't worry so much about levels 20-23... You should be level 24 before you even realize you forgot you still had some crappy heroic level thing equipped.

IP Logged

Mr
Titan Demolisher

Reply #11 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 9th, 2015 at 12:59pm:
I know. This is my "ESOS OR BUST" life. I am GETTING that esos....

My money is on bust... Sorry Sad

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #12 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
I would think Esos WITH fort bypass from black just barely keeps the pace with tier 2 TF, due to fortification of mobs / bosses we fight these days.

I like Citw falchion, just because.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #13 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Mr wrote on Mar 9th, 2015 at 4:52pm:

You guys need to seriously work on your moral support techniques......
Grin

IP Logged

korinter
Korthos Resident

I Love Boobs

Reply #14 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
Craft an alchemical greatsword, May be a bit hard tho if you dont have a good buddy to duo with. But without a doub the best weapon at the lv range you want.
Same goes for shield. Just get a bot/ friend to stay in instance 2, so you dont have to spend time run thru it when rerun. Get another buddy to duo with you, should get the raid done in 10 min each. HN for MA and EN for LOB. Every 5. Good luck. But those raids are fun to run so have fun as well Smiley

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
Mr wrote on Mar 9th, 2015 at 4:52pm:

Yeah I wouldn't be terribly surprised Tongue Von6 gets run so damn rarely that no one even puts up their generic shards for roll! Its weirdly tough to get enough people to stay for 6 because "guys, 5th is, like, worth SO MUCH XP!"

Wipe wrote on Mar 9th, 2015 at 5:01pm:
I would think Esos WITH fort bypass from black just barely keeps the pace with tier 2 TF, due to fortification of mobs / bosses we fight these days.

You keep ignoring the fact that esos is 6 MLs lower than a Tier 2 TF weapon.

6 EPIC MLs lower.

I'm sorry, but this really pisses me off: I literally said "Hey, what are some good lvl 20-23 weapons" and you replied "here's a good ML26 weapon". When your friend asks you to recommend a dependable family vehicle, do you tell him to get an indie racer?

I would kind of expect an ML26 weapon to be better than an ML20 weapon. But I'm also looking for ML 20 weapons, not 26.
« Last Edit: Mar 9th, 2015 at 6:49pm by noamineo »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #16 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
korinter wrote on Mar 9th, 2015 at 5:15pm:
Craft an alchemical greatsword, May be a bit hard tho if you dont have a good buddy to duo with. But without a doub the best weapon at the lv range you want.
Same goes for shield. Just get a bot/ friend to stay in instance 2, so you dont have to spend time run thru it when rerun. Get another buddy to duo with you, should get the raid done in 10 min each. HN for MA and EN for LOB. Every 5. Good luck. But those raids are fun to run so have fun as well Smiley

I may also make that my mission Tongue Alchemical would be a baller ETR twink weapon!

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #17 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Hey, dumb question: would Earth Grab Guard on a shield stack with Earth Grab Guard on Epic Rock Boots? EG would it proc twice as often because of two items?

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #18 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
Noamineo,

My advice is jump onto wiki and scan through the named two handers in the level range you want.
See if anything is reasonably accessible.

SoS is a long term goal, nothing more.  eSoS is almost mythical in its drop rates, so I wouldn't be relying on building around it.

Then look at crafted items too if you have the mats.
TF tier 0 and 1 are pretty good bang for buck (I think you said in another post that you had these mats).

The Cannith Challenge stuff is ok for late heroics, but lack the Epic damage die step. if you already have the mats.

tbh, if those options don't yield anything, I would simply pick up a decent RanGen weapon off the AH/ASAH.
It'll cost you nothing, take zero time and be 90% as effective as one of the uber items.

And levels 20-23 go by real quick and aren't that challenging that it requires uber gear.
You can then focus more on playing and less on grinding.

Nothing wrong with hoping for an eSoS by running VON6 occasionally, but grinding for it because you feel you need it would be soul destroying.

That's my ten cents worth.
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2015 at 1:44am by DropBear »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #19 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
Esos, epic antigue and maybe cleaver from citw.
Those are my 3 picks for those levels.
But usually i use esos, and a 2nd esos when i need spellpower.
It can bring you up to 28 and then you tr.
A great etr weapon, i must say maybe the best etr weapon overall, beside maybe pinion and some other build/situotional weaponry.

About shields, i got no frigin idea, i only used orb bulds and never even considerd to do a shield build.
Is that shit any good bdw?
Compared to swf druids, 2 weapon fight barbs palie ranger hybrids and 2handed palies n barbs?

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #20 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Mar 9th, 2015 at 9:43pm:
Esos, epic antigue and maybe cleaver from citw.
Those are my 3 picks for those levels.
But usually i use esos, and a 2nd esos when i need spellpower.
It can bring you up to 28 and then you tr.
A great etr weapon, i must say maybe the best etr weapon overall, beside maybe pinion and some other build/situotional weaponry.

About shields, i got no frigin idea, i only used orb bulds and never even considerd to do a shield build.
Is that shit any good bdw?
Compared to swf druids, 2 weapon fight barbs palie ranger hybrids and 2handed palies n barbs?

Given Noamineo doesn't have an SOS, let alone an eSOS and the chance of him getting one these days is 1 in 10,000,000, was this just a chance for you to say, 'Hey I've got two eSOS's"?     Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #21 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 12:46am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Mar 9th, 2015 at 7:19pm:
Noamineo,

The Cannith Challenge stuff is ok for late heroics, but lack the Epic damage die step. (if you already have the mats).

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis?

EEGOF=       2 [1d12] + 5 Slash, Silver, Adamantine, Mithral, Cold Iron, Magic, Byeshk

and you can farm it in 1-3 hours depending on how well you can run challenges.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #22 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 1:43am
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Mar 10th, 2015 at 12:46am:
Whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis?

EEGOF=       2 [1d12] + 5 Slash, Silver, Adamantine, Mithral, Cold Iron, Magic, Byeshk

and you can farm it in 1-3 hours depending on how well you can run challenges.

You're right, I completely forgot that they could be upgraded to 20.
Never bothered to upgrade and it's been awhile.    Embarrassed

I hated farming that stuff, but if you can find a good group I suppose you could knock out enough stuff in a few hours (would be more than 2-3 hrs fir me).   Undecided

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #23 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 2:23am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 9th, 2015 at 6:48pm:
You keep ignoring the fact that esos is 6 MLs lower than a Tier 2 TF weapon.

6 EPIC MLs lower.

I'm sorry, but this really pisses me off: I literally said "Hey, what are some good lvl 20-23 weapons" and you replied "here's a good ML26 weapon". When your friend asks you to recommend a dependable family vehicle, do you tell him to get an indie racer?

I would kind of expect an ML26 weapon to be better than an ML20 weapon. But I'm also looking for ML 20 weapons, not 26.

I hear sentient weapons will be ML 30. You should wait for those. Then carry one like a useless lump in your inventory for lvls 20-23. Very effective.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #24 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 3:11am
Print Post  
I'm running a Bladeforged 3 paladin/5 wizard/12 fighter build(and loving it), and slowly working my way through the epic levels. Problem is, I just hit 23 and am feeling like my weapons are inadequate.

I've been using an Aspect of Lighting II(lit2) greensteel greatsword as my main weapon.

As Bladeforged I get some decent bonuses for using a greatsword over an axe but it doesn't "break" the build if I go with something else. My Kensi focus is heavy blades so I am trying to stick with bastard swords or greatswords, though I may re-spec if greataxes are all I can find.

Well, on one server i have a +6 keen III falchion with some crappy suffix. Its (epic weapon) and ml 20. base dmg is is 3[2d4] due to epicness and keen III (maybe its keeny IV, i cant recall). With icy burst it cud be made ml 16. An ml 16 epic +6 scimitar with a "stacking deadly" on it if you will. I like the look of it, tho never used it. Due to having esos, ofc.

Whats the lesson then? Look for crazy random named two handed stuff on AH or shard house. look at the 16-22 (maybe some1 alrdy ice bursted it, which means its gonna be expensive prolly) list, im sure you will eventually find something to ur liking.

EDIT: Also, you could just give up greatsword for 20-23 and use greataxe from cannith challanges. It has greater incineration (5% proc of 300-350 fire dmg) and metaline with red slot on tier 3.
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2015 at 3:13am by m4lacka »  

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint