Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Pure Blade Forge Barbarian Survivalist/Flex appeal (Read 9890 times)
Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Pure Blade Forge Barbarian Survivalist/Flex appeal
Apr 1st, 2015 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
The Why.
Communion of Scribing + Bladeforged=The ultimate in self healing melee.
Barbarian=Beat Stick.
Flexibility.  With this base build I can run any Epic Destiny and Enhancement combo.  ANY.  Shadow Dancer, Draconic or Magister and Occult Slayer?  No problem.  No reason to be afraid, like a run away teenage girl in a Tijuana donkey show for the first time.  I am currently on ETR number 5.  How do other people level up Arcane sphere destiny's for ETR when there entire build hinges on Divine Crusader?

The How.
1. Blade forged-Requires that you take Level 1 as the mandatory Paladin.  I then took 14 Levels of Fighter (or any class that does not restrict alignment). At this point Alignment must be Lawful Good. NOT good.

2. Use a LR1 Heart to remove the 1 Paladin level ending up with a Fighter 15 Pure Blade forged Lawful good.  Getting better.

3. Just happened to have a TR Timer Reset from my last Otto's box collecting dust (not really needed if you can wait)  Ate it.

4. Spent $7.99 in the store and bought a True Neutral alignment change token. Ate it.  Almost done.

5. Use the LR20 from Enhancement pass, flipping every class level from Fighter to Barbarian.  Done.

Base stats- The only 2 stats that matter for a Barbarian should be STR and CON.   I have run 2 stat setups.  Not much different except Skills.

Str-16-18
Dex-10-8
Con-18-18
Int-12-10
Wis-10-8
Cha-12-8

All Level ups into STR or CON depending on preference.  CON builds are very nice but fall behind in DPS unless you are a Dwarf with “Throw your weight around”.  Stick with STR.

Skills
The whole reason for 12 Int
UMD, Repair, Conc, Jump 10, Balance. All are "off Class" except for Jump. Yay.

Feats-
Power Attack
Cleave
Great Cleave
IC:Slashing
2HF
I2HF
G2HF

Epic Feats
Overwhelming Critical
Stunning Blow 
Adamantine Body

Epic Destiny Feats
P2HF
P2WF (Double Strike)

Enhancements
The Core of this build is Communion of Scribing.  This will cost 11 AP to set up, 12 if you max out Repair systems.  Communion is the "be all, end all" of self healing.  I average 770 hp for 25 sp.
Bladeforged tree
1 AP for Core 1
4/5 AP for Repair systems
6 AP for Communion

All other Enhancement choices are up to you.  I have run so many different Enhancement setups that I cannot list them all.  Here are some of my favorites.

Ravager
Core enhancements are all good but the cap stone sucks due to the Constitution modifier requirement.  Stupid.
T1-  Hardy Rage, Barbarian Power attack
T2- Action boost Melee power
T3- Slaughter
T4- Laughter
T5-  ALL OF THEM.

Occult Slayer
Core-  Not extremely awesome however, the Capstone is awesome and under rated for a CON build.  Not many mobs can break 80+ SR.

T1- Extend Rage, Ear Smash
T2- Knock out, Guarding Bond
T3- Bond of Retribution*, Kinetic Bond
T4- Driving force
T5- Bond of Destruction*, Seekers Strike

Frenzied Berserker
Core- All are good, (death) Frenzy and Capstone
T1- Extra Rage, Power Rage
T2- Sprint Boost.  Zerg, Zerg, Zerg.
T3- Supreme Cleave
T4- Meh.
T5- Focused Wrath

Best Enhancement setup for me is
Ravager 43 AP  (all in)
OC 12 AP (Bond of Retribution)  With 2200 hp, 50% is nothing.
FB 14 (Supreme Cleave and Frenzy)
BF 11 (Communion)

Gear
Item set up should be very flexible.  To each, there own.

Drawbacks. 

1. Rage. I need to use Dismiss Rage whenever the incoming burst damage is more than pots or Barbarian healing can handle. No problems so far with 12 Rage charges between shrines. Communion takes care of me 100% of the time I am not Raged.  I can hit Dismiss Rage, Communion and Rage again within 3 seconds.

2. AC is not great unless you invest which takes away from DPS.  100 is plenty.

3. No Evasion vs. Cetus builds. 

4. No Dodge while Improved Uncanny Dodge is on cool down.  Adamatine body.

5. No social skills. This is a play style thing for me.  This is why I run with higher INT.

6. Seach and Spot suck also. HHoES is twice as hard without it.  Again, play style.

7. PRR is not equal to a Vanguard Paladin or Fighter. 90 is enough for me.

By no means is this a highly tuned machine like Monkchar, Zeus, Wolfies, Cetus or some of the FOTM builds kicking around. Seems elementary compared to these other builds but BFB maximizes flexibility and allows for user testing that other cut/paste builds do not.
Anti TR? Yup. I am the type of player that keeps an large stable of ponies. I have 8 main toons and 9 mules. I can HTR others. After this much investment he will not get a HTR, just ETR's.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the razor wire fence.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Re: Pure Blade Forge Barbarian Survivalist/Flex appeal
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
Being serious, given that you normally have to drop rage in order to use communion of scribing, have you considered only spending 2ap on it and accepting the increased SP cost / cooldwon?

That 4ap seems like it could be quite useful elsewhere.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #2 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 12:15am
Print Post  
Isnt it just simple to get new turn in cloack, put on 30 amp gloves and 20 amp tod ring, roll a pure human barb that has ap better spent anyways and just...
You know go in and kill stuff.
Since with bf you need to spend points lose either criti rage or berserker capstone, drop rage for heals and uhm.

Sorry i just dont see it as money, time, and whatever well spent considering how dumb barb selfheal is alrdy atm in ddo

Did you try a modern barb yet?
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2015 at 12:16am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #3 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 12:41am
Print Post  
Red Sox H8 Yankees wrote on Apr 1st, 2015 at 9:33pm:
The Why.
Communion of Scribing + Bladeforged=The ultimate in self healing melee.

No, because drop rage/reconstruct/rerage is zero dps for 3 seconds. You're not exceeding paladin level DPS, and we all know that pallies can do the same heal and more with less than 1 second. (Meanwhile, my barb doesn't lose any DPS jump-casting Consecration between mob packs.)

Besides, my barbarian needs those extra rages for sprint boosting  Grin

How do other people level up Arcane sphere destiny's for ETR when there entire build hinges on Divine Crusader?

No problem, just twist Consecration and run in Fatesinger when you do EEs...Blood Strength is more than enough healing to xp farm EN and EH.

To clarify, it's nothing personal. You have a good flexible build. I only take issue with claims like "ultimate self-healing melee."

I suppose "Communion of Scribing + Bladeforged=The ultimate in self healing melee." is debatable if you are a paladin  Wink

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #4 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 12:47am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Apr 2nd, 2015 at 12:15am:
Isnt it just simple to get new turn in cloack, put on 30 amp gloves and 20 amp tod ring, roll a pure human barb that has ap better spent anyways and just...
You know go in and kill stuff.
Since with bf you need to spend points lose either criti rage or berserker capstone, drop rage for heals and uhm.

Sorry i just dont see it as money, time, and whatever well spent considering how dumb barb selfheal is alrdy atm in ddo

Did you try a modern barb yet?

This.

Skimping on DPS so that you can focus on an inconvenient and expensive burst heal seems quite silly. It works if you insist on being WF barb for some reason, but it's clearly not optimal.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Apr 1st, 2015 at 10:00pm:
have you considered only spending 2ap on it and accepting the increased SP cost / cooldwon?
That 4ap seems like it could be quite useful elsewhere.

I have not, this is a good idea, but 4 AP will make little difference spent elsewhere.

roll a pure human barb that has ap better spent anyways and just...

How you going to heal yourself in EE?

I lose none of these.  I un-rage for a total of about 15 seconds per quest.

5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 2nd, 2015 at 12:41am:
No, because drop rage/reconstruct/rerage is zero dps for 3 seconds.

Dead toons produce no DPS.

You're not exceeding paladin level DPS,

Wrong thread.  I do have a BF Paladin 2hf also and there is not much difference in DPS.

Meanwhile, my barb doesn't lose any DPS jump-casting Consecration between mob packs.)

So I can't un-rage, heal,rage between mobs too?

just twist Consecration

You can't do that, you would loose DPS.  You MUST twist only DPS or you are not max DPS.

I suppose "Communion of Scribing + Bladeforged=The ultimate in self healing melee." is debatable if you are a paladin

It is not debatable.  Paladin BF is easier to self heal.  I have one.  Why do people climb Everest?  Because it is hard?  Then why do the go up the easy side?  If this were true, then there should be nothing but BF paladins on every server.

5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 2nd, 2015 at 12:47am:
Skimping on DPS so that you can focus on an inconvenient and expensive burst heal seems quite silly. It works if you insist on being WF barb for some reason, but it's clearly not optimal.

I do not skimp on DPS.  Look at my enhancements.  Tell me what hidden gems you get to take with the extra 10 AP that you have to play with?

Inconvenient?  You have never played this build so how can you even say this?  It is very convenient and easy for me.  With all the crap that DDO builds into the game you call 100% reliable, cheap and self sufficient healing Inconvenient?  Not optimal?  You have never, ever, been able to clearly state how the DPS of this build is less optimal vs. your MAX DPS build.  We are talking about 10 AP here.  Remember, dead toons deal no damage.  Your build lives in a thin sliver of life and it cannot survive in difficult or EE quests outside the comfort zone.

I need to figure out how to post a Screen Shot of my 4 page enhancement tree for you to see.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Blood strength? 

Do you know that barbs are smashing solo speed run records, such as EE WGU  at 19 minutes?  The guy who did so used zero heals outside of blood strength.  Do you realize how CRAZY 19 minutes is, even compared to the last update with OP paladins? 

Recon on a barb just seems like a really, really bad idea.  If you want people to take your build seriously, show us a screenshot or video of your build doing something that normal builds can't.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #7 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
Shocked So much delusion.

Red Sox H8 Yankees wrote on Apr 2nd, 2015 at 9:18pm:
I do not skimp on DPS.  Look at my enhancements.  Tell me what hidden gems you get to take with the extra 10 AP that you have to play with?

Storm's Eye + Crit Rage, obviously. Storm's Eye is 10 melee power + proc that averages 50+ damage per attack and +25 damage 50% of the time. Crit Rage is 6 extra multiples of critical damage. Both are must-have.

Inconvenient?  You have never played this build so how can you even say this?  It is very convenient and easy for me.  With all the crap that DDO builds into the game you call 100% reliable, cheap and self sufficient healing Inconvenient?  Not optimal?  You have never, ever, been able to clearly state how the DPS of this build is less optimal vs. your MAX DPS build.  We are talking about 10 AP here.  Remember, dead toons deal no damage.  Your build lives in a thin sliver of life and it cannot survive in difficult or EE quests outside the comfort zone.

I need to figure out how to post a Screen Shot of my 4 page enhancement tree for you to see.

Thin sliver? I don't know what makes you think my build would die all the time, because it doesn't. You haven't played it, so how would you know?  Cheesy

Anyway, you should watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlg6Lw49h1w

Someone with an inferior version of my build posted this. Can you beat their time?

Also, what AtomicMew said.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Apr 3rd, 2015 at 6:57am
Print Post  

lol, this is golden

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Apr 3rd, 2015 at 7:46am
Print Post  
Are you serious op ? What retarded player would make a bladeforged barbarian to stop in his tracks, dismiss rage and heal himself each time he takes a beating ? You are better off rolling a human/pdk that is far superior with just 1 ap spent while getting an extra feat. Regarding healing, my barbarian does get 100 hp back from blood strength just by hitting and killings things. I don't even have to twist consecration.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Apr 3rd, 2015 at 7:53am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 2nd, 2015 at 11:33pm:
Can you beat their time?

i love how you keep posting the word inferior and asking people to beat that time, when you cant fucking do it.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Apr 3rd, 2015 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
Anyway, you should watch this video:

OKay, I see someone with Unbridled Fury running.  Ya, that's nice, for 30 seconds.  BIG FUCKING WHOOP!

By the way.  I still do not believe you have run your build.  You are a pen and paper god.  What other heavy picks did you use for leveling?

You haven't played it, so how would you know? 

Yes, I have played it.  Cost me about 23k plat to adjust 11 AP to match yours.  It sucked on EE.  Barbarian self healing, no matter how high the heal amp, is not enough.  I ran EE Belly.  During the arena fight I used Sov heal pots, Displacement clickies, silver flame pots and every cookie known to man.

Quote:
Are you serious op ? What retarded player would make a bladeforged barbarian to stop in his tracks, dismiss rage and heal himself each time he takes a beating ? You are better off rolling a human/pdk that is far superior with just 1 ap spent while getting an extra feat. Regarding healing, my barbarian does get 100 hp back from blood strength just by hitting and killings things. I don't even have to twist consecration.

Blood Strength: Each time you land a hit there is a 12% chance you heal positive damage equal to your Barbarian level. Each time you kill an opponent you are healed for 20 hit points. This healing scales with 100% Melee Power.

What makes you think I have to "stop dead".  I can push more than 1 mouse button at a time.  Have you never heard of a script.  It works like this.  Slave 3 functions to one of 7 mouse buttons.  Keep attacking, hit script hot key, fully self healed within 3 seconds.
You have an 88% chance to get nothing when you need it.  I run Blood strength on EN and EH, just like you do.  You must have missed my enhancements.

Ravager
Core enhancements are all good but the cap stone sucks due to the Constitution modifier requirement.  Stupid.
T1-  Hardy Rage, Barbarian Power attack
T2- Action boost Melee power
T3- Slaughter
T4- Laughter
T5-  ALL OF THEM.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Apr 3rd, 2015 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Red Sox H8 Yankees wrote on Apr 3rd, 2015 at 9:28pm:
ave played it.  Cost me about 23k plat to adjust 11 AP to match yours.  It sucked on EE.  Barbarian self healing, no matter how high the heal amp, is not enough.  I ran EE Belly.  During the arena fight I used Sov heal pots, Displacement clickies, silver flame pots and every cookie known to man.

Maybe.. cuz you're a bladeforged?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #13 - Apr 4th, 2015 at 12:50am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Apr 3rd, 2015 at 10:09pm:
Maybe.. cuz you're a bladeforged?

Uh, yeah...multiplying barbarian healing by .45 is obviously not as good.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #14 - Apr 4th, 2015 at 12:52am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 3rd, 2015 at 7:53am:
i love how you keep posting the word inferior and asking people to beat that time, when you cant fucking do it.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I have, but I don't do videos.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Apr 4th, 2015 at 12:58am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 4th, 2015 at 12:52am:
I have, but I don't do videos.

;p you said that last time about zoda's ranks time and build.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #16 - Apr 4th, 2015 at 2:45am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 4th, 2015 at 12:58am:
;p you said that last time about zoda's ranks time and build.

Honestly rubi, you dont need to be a fucking pro to play barb properly, its rather easy, couple macros for boosts and just run around spaming cleaves.
For fucks sake you can even make a twitch macro while haste/nonhaste boosting.

3foot doesnt need to provide a video of a class that autocompletes ee content in speedy times imo to prove how broken it is
And after dominating in horns on ee as lv 24 barb with lv 4 gear in some slots, im pretty sure that bf is a big fail
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2015 at 3:07am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Apr 4th, 2015 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Apr 4th, 2015 at 2:45am:
Honestly rubi, you dont need to be a fucking pro to play barb properly, its rather easy, couple macros for boosts and just run around spaming cleaves.

3foot doesnt need to provide a video of a class that autocompletes ee content in speedy times imo to prove how broken it is
And after dominating in horns on ee as lv 24 barb with lv 4 gear in some slots, im pretty sure that bf is a big fail

has more to do with someone calling a person's build inferior and then asking others to beat a time not his own.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Apr 4th, 2015 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Apr 4th, 2015 at 2:45am:

has more to do with someone calling a person's build inferior and then asking others to beat a time that is not his own.

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Apr 4th, 2015 at 11:29am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 4th, 2015 at 12:50am:
Uh, yeah...multiplying barbarian healing by .45 is obviously not as good.

Yes, I agree with you paper god.  The human heal amp is better. 

The over all human vs. blade forged healing is worse.  Having a 12% chance to get up to 100 hp (I get about 70) is worse than having 770 on demand.

So what heavy picks did you use for leveling?  Hummmm?  Paper god?
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2015 at 11:36am by Red Sox H8 Yankees »  

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Apr 4th, 2015 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Red Sox H8 Yankees wrote on Apr 4th, 2015 at 11:29am:
Yes, I agree with you paper god.  The human heal amp is better. 

The over all human vs. blade forged healing is worse.  Having a 12% chance to get up to 100 hp (I get about 70) is worse than having 770 on demand.

Bladeforged sucks ass. Deal with it.

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Apr 5th, 2015 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Bladeforged sucks ass. Deal with it.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Races

Go here, do some research for "Science!".  Come back when you can give constructive criticism. 

For extra credit, go here and report back.
http://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Heavy_Picks

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #22 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 12:27am
Print Post  
Red Sox H8 Yankees wrote on Apr 5th, 2015 at 6:24pm:
http://ddowiki.com/page/Races

Go here, do some research for "Science!".  Come back when you can give constructive criticism. 

For extra credit, go here and report back.
http://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Heavy_Picks

IF your on cannith, can ask my buddy to send you couple alchemical picks.

But keep in mind, its way better to use esos and swap feat for piercing when 28.
At least how i do it, since i didnt want to make 2 alchemical picks.
Some use gsteel and saw some use dnips til 24 when they swap to thforged.
You can use a lv 22 base tho as well, leveling with picks isnt a issue.

Also, not being rude or anything, but will you really do a bf barb?
IF ye, can you put a pscreen here so that i got a thing to laugh at after work for next 4-5 months
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2015 at 12:28am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #23 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 11:25am
Print Post  
Red Sox H8 Yankees wrote on Apr 4th, 2015 at 11:29am:

Like I said, before, I don't bother with picks until level 22. I build for endgame, until I get there, I can use carnifex, SoS, cannith shit, or whatever. I'm not going to build for autocomplete heroic elite quests that are going to get roflstomped no matter what I swing. Same reason I laugh in your face when you ask how I'm going to level off destinies. That shit is already done, man.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 7:22pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint